Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zas posted:

right wing dems always win damnit

the civic can never lose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

What types of reasons do people typically get kicked off the NSC for lmebo

Looking like a drunk hobo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Do not, my friends, become addicted to mattering. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

squizzle how the gently caress are you posting all these gifs. do ou have like a script for vlc that cuts hudnresds of them. what is going on in this country

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

so i had to spend yesterday doing things and couldn't keep up with the thread. what funny poo poo happened yesterday

a hero made this gif:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

nopants posted:

Looking like a drunk hobo

turn on ur monitor

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Jim Bakker is better because he's selling his poo poo on TV, preparing and tasting the sludge he's selling.

Watching him stirring a plastic tub full of "fettuccine alfredo" or whatever the gently caress is enough to make you :barf:

Holy poo poo, that's what Jim Bakker looks like now?

I'd seen these but it didn't occur to me which one Bakker was. I thought he might just be accapella's biggest fan

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jareds fancy suit and Harvard education cannot hide the fact that he is a failson and not one of the cool ones

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

God we're only 5% of the way through this term.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

oh they're gonna be awful don't get me wrong

it's just that we may not have "kill all the muslims!!! DEUS VULT" as official wh policy

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
guess bannon screamed at one too many congressmen at the healthcare meeting yesterday

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

K gently caress, let me catch up again.

Was anyone actually unmasked? Or was there just request that never happened

request that never happened

Serf
May 5, 2011

geez i go to take one poo poo and suddenly i have to redo my evil white house org chart

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/849648482935869444

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/849648739887312896

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

bannon getting axed means that the most powerful bloc in the administration will be kushner/cohn who are ny finance democrat types

well at least dems will have to move left of ny dems now i guess

oh wait

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Schnorkles posted:

Kushner. It's pretty clear that Bannon and Kushner hate each other.

McMaster didn't like him either, but Kushner probably was the main reason

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Maybe after Bannon trying to flex his muscle (lol at that mental image) in the healthcare debate Trump didn't want a LOSER! on his national security team. Or it's just a further double down on the inner circle and soon enough Kushner will be Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs at this rate.

Serf
May 5, 2011

steve bannon has been removed from the nsc and been made chairman of the super nsc consisting of himself, john bolton and the reanimated corpse of robert mcnamara

nopants
May 29, 2004
Bannon got kicked off the NSC for repeatably drinking wine out of a diet coke can at meetings, reeking of sap, and getting sausage grease all over classified documents

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A contractor bidding on President Trump’s border wall wants to know if authorities will “rush in” to protect his crew if they come under “hostile fire” during construction, according to an Associated Press story reported by Yahoo News.
Another contractor asked if the federal government could suspend California and other states’ anti-gun laws to allow employees to carry guns, and indemnify them from liability if they are forced to use them.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Origami Dali posted:

guess bannon screamed at one too many congressmen at the healthcare meeting yesterday

poo poo

they probably promised to not impeach him over the russia poo poo for getting bannon off the council

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Depthcharge owned

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mannerup posted:

McMaster didn't like him either, but Kushner probably gave the ok

basically the palace intrigue reporting i've read is that kushner has aligned pretty strongly with Cohn, who represents the bloc generally opposed to Bannon/Miller/Gorka and the crazy paleo-cons. McMaster has been successful in filling NSC with policy wonk types [Republicans, but still] rather than idealogues or crazies, likely with the tacit approval of the Kushner/Cohn wing.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

A contractor bidding on President Trump’s border wall wants to know if authorities will “rush in” to protect his crew if they come under “hostile fire” during construction, according to an Associated Press story reported by Yahoo News.
Another contractor asked if the federal government could suspend California and other states’ anti-gun laws to allow employees to carry guns, and indemnify them from liability if they are forced to use them.

literally contractors want to shoot mexicans free of consequences

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
gunna own that US foreign policy is run by some crime bankers fail-kid and alzheimers fox news grandpa

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

img-bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

squizzle how the gently caress are you posting all these gifs. do ou have like a script for vlc that cuts hudnresds of them. what is going on in this country

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/849645927686189057

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bannon going to change his job title to 'white house ghost', haunt the oval office and buffet

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

not ... good??

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

i feel like this is the sort of ad that works real well in rural appalachia but they didn't have time to make a more suburban version so just hit the big red "MUSLIM" button

That voiceover work is horrendous

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i mean bannon is the worst, still. but at the same time i want nothing but failure for jared. its tough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

"de-operationalize" is not a thing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fsif posted:

God we're only 5% of the way through this term.

There's no way Trump's gonna actually last all four years, says increasingly-nervous SA poster for the fourth time this year

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Schnorkles posted:

basically the palace intrigue reporting i've read is that kushner has aligned pretty strongly with Cohn, who represents the bloc generally opposed to Bannon/Miller/Gorka and the crazy paleo-cons. McMaster has been successful in filling NSC with policy wonk types [Republicans, but still] rather than idealogues or crazies, likely with the tacit approval of the Kushner/Cohn wing.

same I have seen; the Kushner/Cohn/Powell bloc, Bannon/Sessions/Miller and GOP

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

i'm not sure how much stock to put into this

on one hand that's almost a plausible explanation for an otherwise sane person, on the other bannon isn't really that sane person and i can't see him just sort of placidly allowing himself to be removed from any power-bearing post.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

"de-operationalize" is not a thing

it is now :getin:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

succ posted:

not ... good??

this is bizarre WH spin, I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Eh, could be. I get the feeling Bannon has been trying to punch above his weight class (telling the House GOP that they will vote for the AHCA) and realizes these kinds of stunts just illustrate that he wields much less control than he'd rather everyone think. He likely realized he couldn't accomplish what he wanted on that council and retreated.

• Locked thread