Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Joementum posted:

It's the smartest response, given the situation. I'll actually be impressed if they stick with it and weather the first foreign policy crisis.

it's the only response

what's the alternative? holy poo poo we were soft on assad and legitimized him further in his war against his own people and holy gently caress he just used gas again for the first time since Obama sought authority to intervene in 2013 and it's all our fault gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

I thought they'd already determined that the type of chemical bombs used were dropped from planes? I didn't know the terrorists had their own air force? lol

its almost as if nobody's afraid of the united states projection of power now that the entire world knows its a clownocracy lead by a king clown

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

It's going to be some long years ahead. Expect poo poo like that FOX infographic showing how great the first 2 months of Trump's presidency have been compared to the first 2 months of Obama's followed by "the current economic meltdown immediately following Trumps 20% import tax is actually just the delayed result of Obama's disastrous economic policies".

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

its almost as if nobody's afraid of the united states projection of power now that the entire world knows its a clownocracy lead by a king clown

keystone xl kops

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Hello good morning

Things haven't appeared to matter that much in a little while, can we expect any change in mattering status today?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

"Hmm, yes. When Obama made us a joke when he gave that red line speech?" - Redhat Response

OBAMA!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

not like some nebulous "stronger" US response would have produced a better result though

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Robert Plant posted:

Hello good morning

Things haven't appeared to matter that much in a little while, can we expect any change in mattering status today?

Hey hey mama, what's the matter here?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
slather it in butter and garlic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

keystone xl kops

the united states is the most powerful military force on the planet and as soon as we can figure out how to turn the lights on in the war room there will be hell to pay

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

real post

The Aussie got so much poo poo for participating.

Real Sports with Bryant Gumble had a great piece on it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Joementum posted:

not like some nebulous "stronger" US response would have produced a better result though

not really the response thats the problem

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

In the shadow of the old flag factory, Craig Slabornik sits whittling away on a rusty nail, his only hobby since the plant shut down. He is an American like millions of Americans, and he has no regrets about pulling the lever for Donald Trump in November — twice, in fact, which Craig says is just more evidence of the voter fraud plaguing the country. Craig is a contradiction, but he does not know it.

Each morning he arrives at the Blue Plate Diner and tries to make sense of it all. The regulars are already there. Lydia Borkle lives in an old shoe in the tiny town of Tempe Work Only, Ariz., where the factory has just rusted away into a pile of gears and dust. The jobs were replaced by robots, not shipped overseas, but try telling Lydia that. (I did, very slowly and patiently, I thought, but she still became quite brusque.) Her one lifeline was an Obama-era jobs training program, but she says that she does not regret her vote for Trump and likes what he says about business. She makes a point of telling me that she is not racist, but I think she probably is, a little.

Their waiter is David Mattress, a sentient robot who will be shut down if Trump’s budget is put into practice. He loves Trump, insofar as love is possible for him. When asked “Don’t you realize the contradiction of this position?” the other regulars leap up and shout at me because the last time this question was posed to him, David short-circuited and emitted large quantities of smoke. “First that magazine writer,” Linda scolds me, gesturing to a table in the corner where six other journalists sit writing versions of this same article, “now you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/04/04/every-story-i-have-read-about-trump-supporters-in-the-past-week/

The ending to that article is perfect

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mormonpartyboat posted:

keystone xl kops

Keystone is OK in a pinch, but just spring for the High Life instead

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
trim to fit on installation

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Keystone is OK in a pinch, but just spring for the High Life instead

if the pinch is "you're stuck on a desert island with only a case of keystone" I'd still try drinking the sand first

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

:trumppop:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if the pinch is "you're stuck on a desert island with only a case of keystone" I'd still try drinking the sand first

I thought the first thing you'd want on a desert island is fresh water, which is what keystone is with a microgram of hops sprinkled in.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How about Keystone Ice?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

fits my needs posted:

I thought they'd already determined that the type of chemical bombs used were dropped from planes? I didn't know the terrorists had their own air force? lol

somebody in this thread is saying there's no proof that it was a chemical attack at all? idk

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

not really the response thats the problem

fair enough. i just get annoyed at the "US must do something" crowd who never articulate (1) what the US should do, (2) what the goals of doing that are, (3) how we'll get out once something's done, and (4) how that'd produce fewer deaths.

it's why Obama's punt of the issue to Congress in 2013 was smart. i doubt Trump will be as clever.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

deathbysnusnu posted:

I thought the first thing you'd want on a desert island is fresh water, which is what keystone is with a microgram of hops sprinkled in.

.........................................................................a boat???

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

fair enough. i just get annoyed at the "US must do something" crowd who never articulate (1) what the US should do, (2) what the goals of doing that are, (3) how we'll get out once something's done, and (4) how that'd produce fewer deaths.

it's why Obama's punt of the issue to Congress in 2013 was smart. i doubt Trump will be as clever.

1) bomb people
2) ???
3) profit

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
come the gently caress on gilligan why are you dicking around making jetpacks and rocket fuel out of coconuts when you clearly have enough loving bamboo to make a cruise ship

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

heres tromps schedule for today

10:00 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
11:55 AM President and First Lady welcome King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan
12:10 PM Meets with King Abdullah II – Oval Office
12:30 PM Lead an expanded bilateral meeting with King Abdullah II – Cabinet Room
1:10 PM President and King Abdullah II hold a joint press conference – Rose Garden
1:45 PM Working lunch with King Abdullah II – State Dining Room

the 1:10 joint presser will be streamed at https://youtu.be/y9hdTBa2pPA

as is generally the case when trumo does a presser, theres no spicey time

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

1) Kidnap Assad in a daring commando raid

2) Have Trump give a passionate speech about how official policy is to never negotiate with terrorists

3) Have terrorists sneak onto Air Force One with the assistance of the head of the secret service

4) Have Donald Trump pretend to use the escape pod, but actually dump all the fuel

5) Cause a KC-10 to blow up while triyng to refuel Air Force One

6) Intentionally fire on Air Force One so Trump can fight off a gunman

7) Have an F-15 sacrifice itself to safe Air Force One after Syrian fighters are launched to intercept it

8) Have Donald Trump punch the head terrorist in the face to break his neck while saying "You're Fired!"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

mormonpartyboat posted:

.........................................................................a boat???

if you've already found a place to live where you'll never see another human soul again, why would you leave

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

badabing badaboom it's so simple

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

it's beautiful :catstare:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

honestly the russia poo poo is just embarassing. its nothing but a loving scapegoat for people who dont want to realize that abuela was an incompetent piece of poo poo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
found a way to send and receive radio waves using seashells

still confused about how to tie sticks together

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

BUY INFO WARS LIFE BRAND EMERGENCY STORAGE FOOD

DO IT

DO IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Jim Bakker is better because he's selling his poo poo on TV, preparing and tasting the sludge he's selling.

Watching him stirring a plastic tub full of "fettuccine alfredo" or whatever the gently caress is enough to make you :barf:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yeesh you call this a vacation?

NO, I CALL THIS...... DESSERT ISLAND!!!

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Keystone is for shotgunning, and it's drat good for that.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

babypolis posted:

honestly the russia poo poo is just embarassing. its nothing but a loving scapegoat for people who dont want to realize that abuela was an incompetent piece of poo poo

nice meme

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
How about we stop intervening in civil wars particularly when they concern a strategic partner of the only other country on the planet with a nuclear stick as big as ours.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Baloogan posted:

BUY INFO WARS LIFE BRAND EMERGENCY STORAGE FOOD

DO IT

DO IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

1800 dollars for a year's worth of food? where do I sign up?!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

new yorker article on tucker carlson

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/849602479440506882

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TheBigAristotle posted:

Jim Bakker is better because he's selling his poo poo on TV, preparing and tasting the sludge he's selling.

Watching him stirring a plastic tub full of "fettuccine alfredo" or whatever the gently caress is enough to make you :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q222J0PmGy4

• Locked thread