Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

People in this thread need to attempt to eat the cosmic burger, go to the bath house, drink smoothies, feed their plants, listen to people giving speeches in the street, undergo clinical trials, go to a restaurant and only order coffee, and stuff like that, until they have the Understanding, Knowledge, Proficiency, Guts, and Kindness to make good posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Wokexodia...PONTIFICATE

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

On an unrelated note, man i'm loving these random coffee facts every time I make a brew. I'm used to getting quizzed on highschool topics in Persona games, but just this one activity randomly going on tangents about the origin and use of specific coffee beans is great.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

People in this thread need to attempt to eat the cosmic burger, go to the bath house, drink smoothies, feed their plants, listen to people giving speeches in the street, undergo clinical trials, go to a restaurant and only order coffee, and stuff like that, until they have the Understanding, Knowledge, Proficiency, Guts, and Kindness to make good posts

but if their knowledge gets too hight they realize that poo poo posting is more fun

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

does your tv have its own positioning settings and stuff

Yeah, but the TV thinks everything is cool. And literally every other device and console hooked up thinks everything is cool, and every other game and app on my PS4 thinks everything is cool. It's literally just Persona that's going "lol gently caress you I'm too big for your screen bitch"

I'm half considering hooking up my psvr to see if it overscans in there too, but that would suck rear end for 80 hours.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat it!! I keep forgetting to feed my plant. I'm awful at this :(

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I mean I'm okay with that? I'm attempting to say that the game might not be mature enough in style to deal with that kind of situation, especially in the way that it did, which I think is a valid point. If people think that this game that is about social commentary is somehow "above" being commented on, well, god bless.

Much like how you ignored many things about the game's story you have shown that you just as easily ignore things about the posts you got as a response

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

apparently ff15 had a similar issue at launch that got patched out in a couple weeks, so hopefully the same happens for p5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hey what's going

oh

anyway (second palace) I was really unprepared for that boss, I ran out of revives, Morgana died early on and by the end it was just MC and Yusuke. Somehow pulled through but geez

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can't play Per5ona again until later tonight and I'm sad about this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat it!! I keep forgetting to feed my plant. I'm awful at this :(

how do you do the plant? I can't figure out where to buy plant feed to start with

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Raxivace posted:

I can't play Per5ona again until later tonight and I'm sad about this.

:yeah:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

how do you do the plant? I can't figure out where to buy plant feed to start with

Flower shop in the underground mall the item is bio nutrients

Every 16 (I think) days you can use more nutrients on it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Buy nutrients at the plant store at the underground mall

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 5, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Push El Burrito posted:

Waited through all the delays and finally the day comes when it's going to be here. Check the tracking.

Though Amazon keeps assuring me that no, it will be here tomorrow!

It turned out it was Wednesday when it would get here. So they gave me $10 and

Pumped to get off work right now.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

On an unrelated note, man i'm loving these random coffee facts every time I make a brew. I'm used to getting quizzed on highschool topics in Persona games, but just this one activity randomly going on tangents about the origin and use of specific coffee beans is great.

The inheritor of Catherine's soothing booze facts.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Cool I will continue to play this cool and fun game and see if they will develop this awesome and dynamic story in a way that is something cool and not dumb. I will make sure I have evidence of my plat trophy so my opinions are valid. Do I need a notary or will a timestamp be viable.

so you came into the thread to make sure everyone knew that you were the most progressive person on the something awful dot com forums, which are themselves dead and gay, as soon as possible

then got mad when people replied to your virtue signalling with "you are virtue signalling, the context of the rest of the game matters"

Oxxidation posted:

Wokexodia...PONTIFICATE

but at least i got this out of it, so i'd say it was worth it

here's something less dumb: this game's UI looks like a loving trainwreck in screenshots, it just looks busy and annoying to navigate and while i tried to keep myself away from anything that might be spoilers i remember thinking like "gently caress, i'll have to deal with this ransom-note bullshit for 100 hours???"

but in motion/practice it's actually stylish as heck and i like it a lot, and more to the point Persona 5 is the first game i've played this year where :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: started off watching me play here and there and is now actively bullying me off the TV to play it herself, which speaks to how good this game is and how easily bullied i am

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

apparently ff15 had a similar issue at launch that got patched out in a couple weeks, so hopefully the same happens for p5

That's a real bitch. Here's hoping!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

guts and bolts posted:

so you came into the thread to make sure everyone knew that you were the most progressive person on the something awful dot com forums, which are themselves dead and gay, as soon as possible

then got mad when people replied to your virtue signalling with "you are virtue signalling, the context of the rest of the game matters"

Let's not shoehorn "rape and its consequences shouldn't have a presence in video games" as a progressive stance, tia

It's straight up "I need to nitpick and this seems like an easy target".

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 6, 2017

MyLoathsomeCowboy
May 6, 2007
A fictitious force
i wont be able to play much of this game until next tuesday so if we can keep rapechat going until then that'd be the golden, thx

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'll make these lovely posters understand how progressive I am...

*tears off mask, flash of power, Claude Cahun persona appears and megidolaons everyone*

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Deified Data posted:

Let's not shoehorn "rape and its consequences should have a presence in video games" as a progressive stance, tia

it's not about being progressive it's about appearing progressive

personally i think that behaving as if rape victims have suffered the worst crime against a human imaginable is a pretty hosed up thing to do, since the subtext to that sentiment is literally "you would have been better off getting murdered," and that including a character who had a sex crime perpetrated against them also be able to punch the offender with a punch ghost until they cop to their crimes and get duly punished is just fine

i'm not saying anyone should trivialize rapes or sex crimes - the exact opposite, i hope - but i think that making depictions of rape verboten in media communicates the wrong message is all

also i wrote these words and wanted to immediately delete them all because this is the worst loving topic to discuss on SA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

*tears off mask, flash of power, Claude Cahun persona appears and megidolaons everyone*

:five:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Let's go back to 'this screenshot of a third of a sentence taken out of context is in fact bad' chat instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Let's go back to 'this screenshot of a third of a sentence taken out of context is in fact bad' chat instead.
if we combine both these topics we'll have the hottest takes in the world

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

guts and bolts posted:

it's not about being progressive it's about appearing progressive

personally i think that behaving as if rape victims have suffered the worst crime against a human imaginable is a pretty hosed up thing to do, since the subtext to that sentiment is literally "you would have been better off getting murdered," and that including a character who had a sex crime perpetrated against them also be able to punch the offender with a punch ghost until they cop to their crimes and get duly punished is just fine

i'm not saying anyone should trivialize rapes or sex crimes - the exact opposite, i hope - but i think that making depictions of rape verboten in media communicates the wrong message is all

also i wrote these words and wanted to immediately delete them all because this is the worst loving topic to discuss on SA

The real takeaway is this has been Persona for...how long? Real world problems like abuse, bullying, sexuality, gender identity intermingling with the occult? I'd expect anyone who's been playing the series long enough to know if that was their thing or not. Maybe it's a credit to the series that it's still taking people by surprise.

And yeah I don't know what this derail is even about - P5 handled itself fine.

Edit: Also I realized too late that I had "should" in my post instead of "shouldn't" which completely muddied the meaning. Edited it for clarity.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 6, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey yall futaba sucks real hard, the truest crime of persona 5 imo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

boy are my arms tired posted:

gently caress

MyLoathsomeCowboy
May 6, 2007
A fictitious force

gently caress

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

People told me Fuuka sucks but I did not believe them and she turned out to be good, so I will hold out for Futaba anyways

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

this but unironically

anyway i cleared kamoshida's palace in one run and now im stronger than god holy moly that got a little hairy

I feel there's a weird crunch at the beginning where either the EXP gain is low or the time between your party members having new skills is a bit wide. Like I was Lv. 10 by the time I finished my run to the treasure, and still didn't have barely any skills, despite fighting nearly every enemy in my way up there, kinda skipping like four or five when I got in the tower rooms that just had too many boys.

I grinded a bit after making it up there just to have Media/Tarunda/a stronger physical attack for Ryuji for the boss and those made that fight a complete cake walk, I'm curious if it's actually more difficult when a bit lower leveled.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 5, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Fuuka's VA ruined her. I'm playing with JP audio so there's no way anyone can be worse.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there fusion forecasts? Heck, are there weather forecasts? If so, where do you find them?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Deified Data posted:

Let's not shoehorn "rape and its consequences should have a presence in video games" as a progressive stance, tia

Nitpicking is prob gonna be bad itt until five pm since this forum is old And everyone has jobs they should be doing but they're posting here instead

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Meme Emulator posted:

Nitpicking is prob gonna be bad itt until five pm since this forum is old And everyone has jobs they should be doing but they're posting here instead

Can confirm

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i didn't have class today and I did all my work in advance so I could just play Persona most of the day im the most responsible one here

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
As someone who hasn't submerged themselves in the japanese version for 3/4th's of a year but has spent a good 20 hours playing it over the course of 1.5 days I can safely that that the dub is Quite Good. Probably not as good as the jp track where it has the guys and gals from those animes you really like doing the same voices again, but not nearly bad enough to justify missing out on all the non subtitled dialogue due to my crippling gaijinitis.

That is all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just to get this through. Ann is never raped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It bugs me that the Magician card says Le Bateleur when I'm pretty sure that translates to "the fool" :colbert: