Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

haljordan posted:

Also I just found out Jared Kushner's daddy is a disbarred ex con who (recently) did time in federal prison for tax evasion, embezzlement and a bunch of other shady poo poo lmao

There were rumors that that's why Chris Christie got pushed out, he didn't intervene on his daddy behalf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Blue Train posted:

There were rumors that that's why Chris Christie got pushed out, he didn't intervene on his daddy behalf

Yea he did the opposite of intervene he put him in prison lol

Well I guess that's its own form of intervening

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Welp there you go lol

E: I was thinking of blagojevich daughter bitching at Obama for not pardoning her daddy

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blagojevich.....that guy also generated an elite number of lols

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I know this is the thread foe lols, but how do you guys feel about erdogan? Low key politics with a group of fellows who understands its all bullshit anyways

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Can't wait to see Trump's 11th Hour pardons at the end of his term.

Bush mysteriously chose to pardon notorious and unrepentant serial killer Henry Lee Lucus, while ignoring a bunch of more sympathetic cases. I'm guessing Trump's pardons will be similarly weird because he will choose them completely at random, since it isn't something that he benefits from.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He won't bother at all

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

haljordan posted:

lol yea, two lovely real estate developers gonna solve this whole Middle East crisis

It really seems like trump is about a misread prepared statement or two away from accidentally saying "Secretary of State Kushner"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean I know everyone wants more human, less utilitarian politics but lol at the president doing a complete 180 because he watched an upsetting video

We gonna get whiplash the next 4 years.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dial-a-Dog posted:

It really seems like trump is about a misread prepared statement or two away from accidentally saying "Secretary of State Kushner"

He'll probably have that job and a few more once the mass exodus begins in a year

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I know this is the thread foe lols, but how do you guys feel about erdogan? Low key politics with a group of fellows who understands its all bullshit anyways

Idgi the lol here

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

I know this is the thread foe lols, but

No but, stop shut the gently caress up lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Moon Atari posted:

Bush mysteriously chose to pardon notorious and unrepentant serial killer Henry Lee Lucus, while ignoring a bunch of more sympathetic cases. I'm guessing Trump's pardons will be similarly weird because he will choose them completely at random, since it isn't something that he benefits from.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK He commuted Henry Lee Lucas?!?!?!!?!?! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

We gonna get whiplash the next 4 years.

Whiplolsh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean of all the questionable cases of black men on death row and he picked the most open and shut case of a murderous piece of poo poo white man ever loving looooooooooool.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK He commuted Henry Lee Lucas?!?!?!!?!?! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Looks like he died in 2001 so I think dude is mistaken

He commuted his sentence to life in prison from death

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's a lol for the future. We still are leaning in.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Looks like he died in 2001 so I think dude is mistaken

Bush commuted his death sentence to life without in 1998

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I mean of all the questionable cases of black men on death row and he picked the most open and shut case of a murderous piece of poo poo white man ever loving looooooooooool.

He was commuted to life in prison which maybe bush thought was worse. Maybe he's right!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It was when he was state governor. Henry Lee Lucus was literally the only person he ever pardoned, and there has never been a satisfactory explanation, prompting all sorts of conspiracy theories.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I am an idiot who doesn't know the difference between a pardon and commuting a life sentence, but otherwise my info is correct.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Trump isn't Erdogan, friend.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

I am an idiot who doesn't know the difference between a pardon and commuting a life sentence, but otherwise my info is correct.

wait what's the difference

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

wait what's the difference

One you get out of prison and the other you don't

He was removed from death row

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Bush probably went "wait we can't kill a human being" because Christian guilt and because Lucas' skin was the right color to count as human to a republican

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Cthulu Carl posted:

Can't wait to see Trump's 11th Hour pardons at the end of his term.

Or get consumed bed nuclear hellfire, lol, whichever comes first!

He's so good at making deals that he's going to post-date a pardon for his own treason.

Then tell the courts that he is going to see them in court when it gets ignored.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean why was HLL on Bush's mind AT ALL? That's so weird.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I Was The Fury posted:

He's so good at making deals that he's going to post-date a pardon for his own treason.

Then tell the courts that he is going to see them in court when it gets ignored.

This would be amazing

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kushball's probably already got his pardon sitting and ready to go at the first inkling of a crime.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
according to Wikipedia, the Dallas something something found several contradictions in Henry Lee Lucas' testimony, raising concerns that he had falsely confessed, which is probably why his sentence was commuted

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Moon Atari posted:

i don't think you get to pardon people if you resign or get impeached

Cubone posted:

according to Wikipedia, the Dallas something something found several contradictions in Henry Lee Lucas' testimony, raising concerns that he had falsely confessed, which is probably why his sentence was commuted

yea Henry Lee Lucas was notorious for giving false confessions to police whenever they needed a convenient, already-in-prison fall guy. i think at one point he was "guilty" of like 150 murders, and since he was a borderline retarded hick, authorities started to become suspicious that maybe this guy wasn't some ethereal super-murderer

He and Ottis Toole may have had killed Adam Walsh, the son of John Walsh, who started the show "America's Most Wanted", but it's mostly unproven.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cubone posted:

Well when he confessed to four thousand murders he was probably fibbing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/849793281596719104?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
You guys are right. to atone my sins ill list some trump cartoons

(im doing this all on mobile so if you have any tips to make it easier to view let me know)

https://imgur.com/gallery/6bNq6

http://imgur.com/gallery/6ocjH

And someone responded with this cartoon, i think in anger??

http://imgur.com/gallery/6ocjH/comment/1003563237

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

nah all those companies are wrong and o'reilly did nothing wrong rofl. trump couldn't even keep his mouth shut long enough to let the dust settle before he defended him despite companies pulling out all day

also lol this is the best and most PR mitsubishi has gotten in the last few years; look at them sneaking in to these lists like they're somehow relevant in the auto market these days

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 6, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

His books are boring as gently caress too

And written by someone else obv

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm still just shocked that it turned out that the crazy right wing news network has systemic racism and sexual abuse.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Tumble posted:

i don't think you get to pardon people if you resign or get impeached

The president can pardon whenever he wants, so up until he leaves or is removed from office there's always the possibility of a wacky pardon on the horizon. They can also pardon pretty much whoever they want, I was just looking to see if Nixon tossed any out right before he resigned (doesn't look like he did) and found out Gerald Ford pardoned Robert E Lee

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Gerald Ford pardoned Robert E Lee

Michigan Men are traitors, confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Someone told me today he didn't understand why people were accusing Trump of hypocrisy. "Guys he's just defending a friend, why are you acting like he said rape is good?"

I dunno, dude, probs cuz he bragged about sexually assaulting women and then the party of FAMILY VALUES voted him to be president lmao