Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I would have used the Champ tunic more often, having actually uprgaded it and all that. If not for the fact I ended up spending well over half my gameplay time in extreme environments.

Like my initial trips going out to the middle of nowhere in the frozen mountains with a fire sword on my back and a 1 defense warm doublet. Yeah the champ tunic would have been nice and all, but so was not freezing to death.

Then once my equipment spread got more sorted, still ending up forgoing it because Snow/Sand boots are convenient so that meant my torso and head were reserved for the weather gear. Or being a cheapskate and not buying the Goron helmet so not burning to death meant no Tunic, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

alf_pogs posted:

alternately the champions tunic has an obnoxious colour and cant be dyed so never use it like me

I don't mind the color but not being able to dye it is criminal.

sigher fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 6, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sniped Dinraal's horn with the golden bow at the forgotten temple :hellyeah:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
This has probably been asked a lot, but: how does the Wii U version stack up to the Switch one? I keep hearing conflicting reports about framerate and stuff. I'd prefer to spend $60 for the game rather than ~400 for the console and the Switch version.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Scratch-O posted:

This has probably been asked a lot, but: how does the Wii U version stack up to the Switch one? I keep hearing conflicting reports about framerate and stuff. I'd prefer to spend $60 for the game rather than ~400 for the console and the Switch version.

Framerate got a bit better with the recent patch. Wii U version is good enough for most people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw&t=288s

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scratch-O posted:

I played on Wii U.

The frame rate drops pretty consistently in towns and some graphically-dense areas, and the resolution is lower (720p vs. 900p). Other than that, the versions are identical. Same draw distances, same environmental detail, pretty much the same loading times, all of that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Brad from Giant Bomb constantly mentions whenever it comes up that he wishes he had the Switch version because his experience with the WiiU is real bad.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I didn't have a bad experience on the Wii U, but I do want the Switch version because I want to play it portable. I expect I'll be doing a fresh Hard Mode run (assuming that's an option) when I eventually get a Switch.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Alright, thanks yall. I think I'll pick it up on Wii U and get a Switch when I've got more money to burn.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't have bad experiences with the Wii U version at all. The framerate drops were definitely noticeable, but it only happened in areas where it didn't matter too much, not during combat etc.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Scratch-O posted:

It does the job, the most difference I've heard is a slightly reduced draw distance for the WiiU. My own experience (Switch) is that a dip does happen in some places (Great Hyrule Forest, reliably, regardless of docked mode), but never enough to be unplayable, or even that much of a factor.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jehde posted:

I didn't have bad experiences with the Wii U version at all. The framerate drops were definitely noticeable, but it only happened in areas where it didn't matter too much, not during combat etc.

I actually noticed significant framerate problem when drawing and zooming in with bows on the WiiU. It made bows very painful except in really basic areas. I.e. trying to shoot with a bow in any areas with trees (probably trying to render the transparency and stuff causes it to poo poo the bed). Really a pain in the rear end and makes headshots on anything that isn't a giant Hinox eye very painful for the most part. Though I got used to it.

Otherwise yeah it's pretty much fine.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The Wii U version has eaten the past month of my life and is still chomping away, so I'd say it's pretty dang good.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

spit on my clit posted:

speaking of rubber, four shrines to go, and im assuming im missing one in the Faron area which would give me the rubber helmet.

Nobody has answered this, huh?

Go do some quests in Faron.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Of course the last shrine I was missing was near one of the first routes I took off the great plateau and involved putting an orb into something long before I knew what those little stands were for.

But drat, 120 hours of pure joy was pretty drat good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So this is kind of driving me crazy, there's some little metal area in the ground with a hole for a ball near the Great Fairy in Kakariko village and I've climbed everywhere in the area. Is there a quest or something related to doing something with this I'm missing?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Xaris posted:

So this is kind of driving me crazy, there's some little metal area in the ground with a hole for a ball near the Great Fairy in Kakariko village and I've climbed everywhere in the area. Is there a quest or something related to doing something with this I'm missing?

Read the book in Impa's house and make sure you've checked out all the things it mentions.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Xaris posted:

The ball is in Impa's house, it's right next to Impa. You can only pick it up by doing all of the sidequests in the village (not counting the kids'). If you're like me, you're probably missing the firefly one; start raiding people's homes at night until you find someone awake talking about fireflies, then dump five of them right in front of her.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

Do all the sidequests in Kakariko. Look for a book you've probably constantly walked past near the entrance to Impa's house for some reminders.

EDIT: beaten :downs: But this is a common sticking point. For all the 'do it the way you want' freedoms this game has, the rare occasions there are quest triggers like this really throw you off.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 6, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The eighth heroine seems to have dropped her sword? The quest suggests that there's someone in the village that give me a hint, but the only person I found keeps talking about the other 7 heroine even after I got that shrine.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DalaranJ posted:

The eighth heroine seems to have dropped her sword? The quest suggests that there's someone in the village that give me a hint, but the only person I found keeps talking about the other 7 heroine even after I got that shrine.

There is a certain oracle inside that town. If you give him the right incentive, he might point you the right way.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cojawfee posted:

Read the book in Impa's house and make sure you've checked out all the things it mentions.

Maple Leaf posted:

The ball is in Impa's house, it's right next to Impa. You can only pick it up by doing all of the sidequests in the village (not counting the kids'). If you're like me, you're probably missing the firefly one; start raiding people's homes at night until you find someone awake talking about fireflies, then dump five of them right in front of her.

Gratzi! I probably read the diary like the first day which was weeks ago and forgot about it and I swear I had done all the quests in the that area :tipshat: Time to go back and poke around.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

Yeah, I'm a WiiU player and having put several dozen hours in, there were only handful of times where times where I noticed the framerate drops to the point where it hurt my experience.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Maple Leaf posted:

I am missing the firefly one and I could swear I have been in and out of everyone's house all night but I must keep missing it because I can never find this person.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DalaranJ posted:

The "hint" comes from the stupid loving sand seal that the Chief keeps. It only gives you to hint if you feed it a wild berry. The sword can be found on Gerudo Summit.

gently caress that quest.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The solution to the heroine quest is to go traipsing around in the mountains north of town then drop in on the shrine by accident. :v:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/swiffy22/status/849197322567331841

:stare:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Wished that worked for the Korok Trials! So far I keep getting spat back out at the start of the area constantly looking for those little buggers. I've only been able to do one. I thought I was supposed to follow some sort of trail but every time I think I've got it, NOPE. I must have found the first guy by mistake or sheer luck because I can't reproduce it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
That owns.

The Lobster posted:

Wished that worked for the Korok Trials! So far I keep getting spat back out at the start of the area constantly looking for those little buggers. I've only been able to do one. I thought I was supposed to follow some sort of trail but every time I think I've got it, NOPE. I must have found the first guy by mistake or sheer luck because I can't reproduce it.

The most annoying part is the Assasins Creed stealth one because he's excruciatingly slow. The Saria Lake one was stupidly easy.

Though inexplicably I could not find the entrance to the Trial of Woods (east) for the loving longest time. I ended up glitching ontop to trigger a cutscene with the guy and then had to go walk around and figure out how to actually get there normally but once in it you can just use Bombs the whole time to avoid using your sword/bow and its easily linear.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Xaris posted:

That owns.

The most annoying part is the Assasins Creed stealth one because he's excruciatingly slow. The Saria Lake one was stupidly easy.

Though inexplicably I could not find the entrance to the Trial of Woods (east) for the loving longest time. I ended up glitching ontop to trigger a cutscene with the guy and then had to go walk around and figure out how to actually get there normally but once in it you can just use Bombs the whole time to avoid using your sword/bow and its easily linear.

Trial of Woods is the only one I've found! It was stupidly easy though I did get zapped by something electric (a chu?) and dropped my sword so I had to start over once. Of course everything I'd killed stayed dead so it was like, "walk along this quiet path" the second time.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The "hint" comes from the stupid loving sand seal that the Chief keeps. It only gives you to hint if you feed it a wild berry. The sword can be found on Gerudo Summit.

gently caress that quest.

The wild berry makes sense. You know what doesn't make sense? There's more than one rare hint so you can't be sure you used the right fruit.

Do you know what else doesn't make sense? The position of the sword (which I had already found) in relation to the eighth heroine.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Do you know what else doesn't make sense? The position of the sword (which I had already found) in relation to the eighth heroine.

This.

My first,natural assumption was that the sword fell and must be somewhere down the slope but NOPE

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I'm not saying it was ancient aliens, but

Oh well, at least I got to treat Bozai like a piece of garbage twice.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly, I found the sword first and had trouble finding the statue. But I was also exploring the place really early and didn't even have the quest when I first found the sword, soooo.... I didn't even know the seal would give hints. I feel like the sword is easier to find anyway.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I spent 2 hours looking up and town Gerudo Town trying to find the person with the hint. I fed the stupid seal every piece of fruit I had, which of course didn't include wildberries.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Shiiiiiiiiit... You're supposed to Cryonis those wooden treasure chests out of the lakes and rivers.

Fuuuuuuck...

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
I am just the worst at finding Koroks. I'm at 3 dire beasts, about 50 shrines, and only 25 korok seeds. I just never see them. Yesterday I climbed all of Hebra Mountain to do a shrine quest, and I made an effort to check every path, ledge, and anything else that seemed​like a good hiding place and didn't find a single one. I know that makes no sense, but I can't explain it. And yes, I looked up a summary of the different forms the puzzles take but that has barely helped me spot them.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RFX posted:

I am just the worst at finding Koroks. I'm at 3 dire beasts, about 50 shrines, and only 25 korok seeds. I just never see them. Yesterday I climbed all of Hebra Mountain to do a shrine quest, and I made an effort to check every path, ledge, and anything else that seemed​like a good hiding place and didn't find a single one. I know that makes no sense, but I can't explain it. And yes, I looked up a summary of the different forms the puzzles take but that has barely helped me spot them.

I often can't spot them in my own game (I'm at three beasts, 75 shrines, and ~40 seeds) but when I'm watching LPs, no problem, especially when the LPer doesn't see them. I stream with a fellow goon a lot, though, and I don't see them in her game either so I guess I just suck. :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

Shiiiiiiiiit... You're supposed to Cryonis those wooden treasure chests out of the lakes and rivers.

Fuuuuuuck...
It's amazing to me how everyone seems to forget that Cryonis seems to exist at all when there's a puzzle intended for it. Including me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Asimo posted:

It's amazing to me how everyone seems to forget that Cryonis seems to exist at all when there's a puzzle intended for it. Including me.

I mean it is a pretty weak and boring power with mostly limited to crossing mud at the most. It's also even annoying then because if you swim/jump and miss the climb you end up just barely diving 1mm under it and then it shatters and you have to go walk back to land to cast it again :( It would have been helpful for the Zora Divine Beast map to know Cryonis breaks those ice cubes the beast and waterblight throw at you instead of using arrows :smith:

Would be kind of nice if it also had some combat-upgrade like Stasis+