Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Lawbringer buffs are kinda funny since they make him significantly stronger in 4v4 where he already was very good while not doing all that much for his 1v1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Loopoo posted:

picked up and thrown back, whilst his teammates stomp your face into a pulp.

NON SUPRESTES!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kainser posted:

The Lawbringer buffs are kinda funny since they make him significantly stronger in 4v4 where he already was very good while not doing all that much for his 1v1.

Long Arm -> Heavy is the biggest change, and makes him a lot stronger in both. He finally has something worthwhile to show for the Shove -> Long Arm mixup instead of just a guaranteed light, and spamming Long Arm was already strong enough in 4v4 situations that it could easily be considered overpowered if you had some allies to whack the person while you were doing it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Loopoo posted:

His shove would be more dangerous if he had an unblockable to try and force a parry attempt out of you. As it is now, the second I get shove-spammed and lose all my exhaustion, I just play the blocking game til my stamina is back. It's pretty unfortunate for LB. He's very good in team situations though, as you can get blindsided by his choochoo train attack and throw off a ledge, or picked up and thrown back, whilst his teammates stomp your face into a pulp.

I have to admit my earlier insistence that being out of stamina was a severe penalty was because as a Raider I could use the unblockable to force a response. It probably needs to be worse for it to matter against other classes.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
So skirmish is apparently fun now. I dunno if they changed up the spawns or something but its pretty much 4v4 nonstop action in a small area with no honor bullshit. Straight up brawling for 10 minutes.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Skirmish is definitely the chillest mode

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Played a rep 3 LB that didn't know about the confirmed light after parry last night. I was making GBS threads all over him with my no rep valk. Also ran into my first "sticks tied together" afker. The Shug on my team and I reported him. He was rep 6.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pinbacker posted:

So skirmish is apparently fun now. I dunno if they changed up the spawns or something but its pretty much 4v4 nonstop action in a small area with no honor bullshit. Straight up brawling for 10 minutes.

It's always been that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mambo No. 5 posted:

Played a rep 3 LB that didn't know about the confirmed light after parry last night. I was making GBS threads all over him with my no rep valk. Also ran into my first "sticks tied together" afker. The Shug on my team and I reported him. He was rep 6.

Unless you're playing against a nobushi or lawbringer mirror match, why wouldn't you go for the free gb, side heavy, shove combo?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is there a website out there that lists the various guaranteed hit moves for characters after guard breaks and other moves?

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

The Iron Rose posted:

Unless you're playing against a nobushi or lawbringer mirror match, why wouldn't you go for the free gb, side heavy, shove combo?

I was playing a Valk. The LB I was fighting did well and eventually won because of the Kensei partner. I was bullying the LB pretty hard the entire game though. I'm terrible with Valk but sometimes I do good things.

V: that's good news. Bots don't get salty about being thrown into spikes or pits.

Mambo No. 5 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 6, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Oh hey, Ubisoft patched it so that all orders can be completed either vs the AI or vs regular players.

full notes: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-288027-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 6, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Oh dear, with revenge finally nerfed, what will players blame for their loss now? Perhaps their favorite ethnicity of choice.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
well i'll probably keep blaming the zone attack flicker glitch if they haven't fixed it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

FunkMonkey posted:

Oh dear, with revenge finally nerfed, what will players blame for their loss now? Perhaps their favorite ethnicity of choice.

Feats

Liu posted:

well i'll probably keep blaming the zone attack flicker glitch if they haven't fixed it.

I don't think they did which means it must be more difficult to fix or something because why the hell would you leave that in the game

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

The Iron Rose posted:

Oh hey, Ubisoft patched it so that all orders can be completed either vs the AI or vs regular players.

full notes: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-288027-16&ct=tcm:152-76770-32
About bloody time, I don't know what I'll do if they fix the Mass Effect MP next week. I'll have to flip a coin or something. Nevermind, it doesn't work. Loaded up a bunch of Skirmish orders, did a AI match, and only got progress towards AI ones.

limited fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 6, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
RIP Conq :negative:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
by the way they didnt fix the flicker nonsense, so look forward to enjoying that dumbshittery for another loving month

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Liu posted:

by the way they didnt fix the flicker nonsense, so look forward to enjoying that dumbshittery for another loving month

It's the one thing that consistently fucks me over. I always know to keep an eye out for the quick zone attacks, but when I'm fully focused on what the opponent is doing, I inexorably block top and then realise it's a zone but am too slow to block it again.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Liu posted:

Is this something else then?

quote:

Peacekeeper
- [Bug Fix] Zone Attack UI indicator will now correctly start at the beginning of the animation instead of 100ms later.

I thought PK was the character people were referring to when talking about zone attack flickers. Was never really sure since I think she's a bullshit character in general and hate everything about her instead of specific indicator bugs. Apparently they're not touching her light > light spam either yet, so there's going to be more of that garbage.

Good changes besides that though. Looking forward to Lawbringer finally being good.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hopefully this change will not stop me from using Raider to rip people apart

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
btw nobushi is absolute dogshit, take it from a rep 7 main, if you're thinking about picking her up, don't waste your time. None of her kit makes any sense in this video game. There's literally no reason to play her.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Liu posted:

btw nobushi is absolute dogshit, take it from a rep 7 main, if you're thinking about picking her up, don't waste your time. None of her kit makes any sense in this video game. There's literally no reason to play her.

Lies and slander. I love her! My waifuu~

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Maybe the PC players that already have the patch can confirm, but I don't think they did enough to nerf revenge gear. They should have buffed the other stats too. Right now block damage, execute damage, and a bunch other stats do practically nothing.

The revenge duration reduction is weird too. Seems like you could proc revenge constantly and keep getting the health bonus.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Liu posted:

drat. I was thinking of trying her out next after getting Law to rep 3 and Shugo to rep 7 since she looked like she might be fun to play. Maybe I'll pick up berzerker or valkyrie instead.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Wasn't Conqueror nerfed? Cause his shield bash is just as annoying as it's always been. Lawbringer is fun to fight against now because he can do more than poke and shove. Conqueror is still infuriating to fight cause 99% of Conq's just shield bash spam.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Lets be fair here; what can the Conqueror even do other than spam the shield bash?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Pick another class that isn't gruelingly boring to fight against. Every Conq fight is mind numbing. At least now when you dodge, if it still connects, you get pushed back so he can't chain into you like before.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Internet Kraken posted:

Lets be fair here; what can the Conqueror even do other than spam the shield bash?

Conq is a bitchin' flailercise instructor

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

limited posted:

About bloody time, I don't know what I'll do if they fix the Mass Effect MP next week. I'll have to flip a coin or something. Nevermind, it doesn't work. Loaded up a bunch of Skirmish orders, did a AI match, and only got progress towards AI ones.

The patch is only out on PC right now I think

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjb268tpQlw

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Liu posted:

Yeah, I gave her a try since I really like the general playstyle and aesthetic, but I had to give up after reaching rep 1, it was just too much suffering. Few confirms, bad dodge-attacks, poo poo for initiatiors, and Hidden Stance really just works out to a less reliable Parry.

The Iron Rose posted:

Huh, I actually rather like the look of this. Somewhat on the slow side, but a step in a good direction.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I also got Nobushi up to Rep 1 and came to the same conclusion. I was having an okay time with her but went back to Warden for a couple matches and realized I was having a lot more fun with him. I just can't deal with the slow guardswitch characters. Her attacks are so slow too. I really underestimated the value of having fast attacks. All Nobushi has is the janky unlock zone attack tech.

The good thing is that having to gently caress with so many feints and weird poo poo to open up someones defense made me a lot better at Warden.

Maybe I'll give Valk another shot. She does have some of the coolest looking gear in the game.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 7, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Well these are amazing.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

All of these are great but oh man, Lawbringer and Shugoki are something else.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

I've been loving around with him a bit but how do you do the dash attack thing with Orochi? i'm on PC btw

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

I've been loving around with him a bit but how do you do the dash attack thing with Orochi? i'm on PC btw

Go into training mode against a level 0 bot and then check the movelist in the start menu and screw around with the character there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

Dodge backwards and hold attack (heavy, I think) while in a sideways guard. Once you release the button the attack goes off, or you can cancel out of it by dodging again. It's good as a counter-attack if you time it right, but it's also super telegraphed and obvious. So if you don't think you hit your opponent while he's still recovering, just cancel it, because it's extremely easily parried.
Alternatively you can do a variant of this by using a high guard. It has less movement back and forth but comes out quite a bit faster, leaving your opponent less time to react.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Dodge backwards and hold attack (heavy, I think) while in a sideways guard. Once you release the button the attack goes off, or you can cancel out of it by dodging again. It's good as a counter-attack if you time it right, but it's also super telegraphed and obvious. So if you don't think you hit your opponent while he's still recovering, just cancel it, because it's extremely easily parried.
Alternatively you can do a variant of this by using a high guard. It has less movement back and forth but comes out quite a bit faster, leaving your opponent less time to react.

oh word I kept doing that but I was doing the high guard variant which seems to work out well as a like a weird Nobushi hidden stance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Nobushi's pretty good, but there's a lot of bullshit to juggle. Happy Murder Granny needs open areas to operate, she's best if you stay at the very edge of her reach and if you get backed into a corner you're far more screwed than even most other characters.