Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I refuse to believe in the magical sci-fi future they haven't figured out vat babies yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I refuse to believe in the magical sci-fi future they haven't figured out vat babies yet

Babies have to exist, and be raised by one mother and one father. Trop you know this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not everyone can be James Holden. I guess Miranda technically counts as a vat baby though, right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's what you need for the full experience beyond ME1;

Mass Effect 2
The Cerberus Network content (which is a pretty good set of free stuff that comes with every new ME2 copy)
The N7 Complete Arsenal Pack (if you want more weapons to shoot people with, it has a lot of fun ones)
Kasumi: Stolen Memory
Lair of the Shadow Broker (Is just plain loving amazing, and somewhat relevant to ME3 events)
Arrival (this one's important, it leads right into ME3 with a big important event).

There's also Overlord, buuuut it's pretty crap, from memory.

Overlord is a much better DLC than Arrival unless you really like the idea of doing one extended solo mission with none of your squad present. Arrival is by far the weakest of the bunch and is easily skippable by just reading a two-sentence summary of what happened in it prior to ME3.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Troposphere posted:

They exist, but always grow up to be Conrad Verner. Attempts to solve this problem continue to produce no results.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jaal has this strange ability to be a sweet baby muffin to the extent that you get suckered in by the time you find out that he's actually just kind of a dweeb.

It's ok. The Pathfinder can marry a dweeb, provided he is cute, which is he.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

If we're posting Ryders, here's mine:

I also loved when Reyes showed up because my Ryder unintentionally looks like an unauthorized knock-off version of him which tickled me to no end.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Pick posted:

Who is Gil? I'm annoyed that I can't tell him to leave my pilot and my ship the gently caress alone.

But there is a moment where you have the option to do exactly this.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

You can be gay and want to be a father, but it did strike me as a little weird that he turned around and "whelp! guess I gotta partner up with this lady now!" and Ryder's response is "aww you guys are in love now :3"

Since if you are gay romancing Gil, he offers to be co-dads with you, I took this to be a nice 'there are all kinds of families' moment. I am presuming that Gil and Jill will remain platonic and go out banging whomever they like while raising their frontier baby together.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I've now done the Moeshe mission on Voeld. It was pretty decent.

However after I did it on the ship the incidental dialogue all assumed I'd ended it the way I didn't end it. "At least we got the Moeshe, it's a shame we couldn't rescue anyone else" they all say. But we did, I didn't blow the facility up!
And it felt weird that they called it 'like a church'. Do Angara even have churches? It never seems like they do.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I think they call it a temple rather than a church, and they at least sort of have one of those on Havarl.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
they had a little group sermon on voeld as well. presumable daals and aya are the only places with dedicated prayer - we mostly see science and military camps

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What we see are 3 shacks pretending to be a town.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I think they call it a temple rather than a church, and they at least sort of have one of those on Havarl.

It felt like they do their religioning in the open and for them to say "This looks like a strange church" came across as really human to me.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
just pretend it was their universal translators messing up

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Fojar38 posted:

Should've just iced him at Virmire IMO

My girlfriend is playing the first mass effect, loves both Kaiden ("if I wasn't gay I'd romance him and even now I'm considering it because he's such a great guy!")and adores Ashley and has no idea what's going to happen on Virmire. I can't wait.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DancingShade posted:

What we see are 3 shacks pretending to be a town.

motherfucker that is Techiix and it is the MOST ADVANCED CITY on the PLANET

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
If she doesn't kill the space racist, I hope you dump her. No personality is better than a bad personality.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kaidan just has Carth Onasi's personality, which means endless mocking of his trust issues by a homicidal kill Droid.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Troposphere posted:

They do have them, Ryder can bring it up with Gil. Gil agrees that sure it's an option, but Jill wants *proper biological babies*.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

If we're posting Ryders, here's mine:

I also loved when Reyes showed up because my Ryder unintentionally looks like an unauthorized knock-off version of him which tickled me to no end.

lol

your Ryder just looks so done with everything

his face looks tired

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Moola posted:

lol

your Ryder just looks so done with everything

his face looks tired

Sort of like if a basset hound achieved spaceflight.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Sort of like if a basset hound achieved spaceflight.

oh my god he does!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
no turian butts? booo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
fade to black, smooching sounds

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Have they patched in more than one asari face yet?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If she doesn't kill the space racist, I hope you dump her. No personality is better than a bad personality.

It should always be the racist, there's no reason for keeping her around.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Coq au Nandos posted:

I ruled out dating Jaal after seeing him with his shirt off and witnessing his deeply hosed up chest.

I rejected him because of the lack of visible cloacas.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
What are you talking about? He has one right below his nose.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vitamin P posted:

Have they patched in more than one asari face yet?

They haven't expressed intent to do so, afaik.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
There are three lights asari faces.

Offer not valid for individual scenes or locations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mass Effect Andromeda is a ripoff of Bugaboo (The Flea) a game released in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugaboo_(The_Flea)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUoWKx6h3No

gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Mrtxr8PlE

It have the same animation when aproximating a planet, then your character have a jetpack and explore a weird planet.

this video is not part of the joke, but I post it anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo-y0Q0mETs

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 6, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda is a ripoff of Bugaboo (The Flea) a game released in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugaboo_(The_Flea)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUoWKx6h3No

gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Mrtxr8PlE

It have the same animation when aproximating a planet, then your character have a jetpack and explore a weird planet.

this video is not part of the joke, but I post it anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo-y0Q0mETs

Not to mention the ground exploration is an inferior ripoff of Tau Ceti on the C64.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHxPQGl8WBQ

An open world game mind you.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Avalanche posted:

The scourage is a wall built to keep all the dirty milky way mexicans and reapers out. At the heart of it all is some obese diabetic alien with a blond hairpiece chanting "Build the wall! Build the wall sphere!". The Andromeda Initiative is the last of a bunch of of Syrian refuges that barely got through when the order was given to close the border.

Oh dear god, please don't tell me this is how the game loving ends and Bioware scrapped/rewrote the entire loving story in a month.

No but there is a distinct vibe of the AI being refugees looking for a home who set out to seek new lives and their fortunes. You constantly have to tell the angarans not to compare you with the evil criminals that came before you and you have to deal with angaran nationalists who are basically paraphrasing right-wing talking points. Which would hit home harder if you hadn't stolen a bunch of planets from them (in the case of Kadara and the krogan desert planet an actual occupation) and put down army depots on top of their actual sacred ground.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lets not turn this into a pennis length contest, but

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

evilmiera posted:

No but there is a distinct vibe of the AI being refugees looking for a home who set out to seek new lives and their fortunes. You constantly have to tell the angarans not to compare you with the evil criminals that came before you and you have to deal with angaran nationalists who are basically paraphrasing right-wing talking points. Which would hit home harder if you hadn't stolen a bunch of planets from them (in the case of Kadara and the krogan desert planet an actual occupation) and put down army depots on top of their actual sacred ground.

Fortunately the Angara were weak and useless against the Kett until Savior Ryder was able to liberate them, so their continued occupation is completely justified.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Fortunately the Angara were weak and useless against the Kett until Savior Ryder was able to liberate them, so their continued occupation is completely justified.

Their entire civilization couldn't attack a Kett facility that I did effectively single handed. Hey look, you actually made a good point although you aren't liberating them.
Play the game or go away maybe?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

Lets not turn this into a pennis length contest, but

Considering how much fuel the SR2 used to guzzle it is just as well the Pathfinder flies a space people mover van instead.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The angara resistance is entrenched heavily in the cities around the planet and partially cut off from one another in Voeld, so there is at least a story reason as to why they haven't mounted their final push there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

This is just the old Dances With Wolves "saved by the white man" thing happening.

For the younger readers I assume you've seen Avatar so that's basically what I'm talking about - a white male foreigner comes in, sorts everything out and saves the day despite doing not a lot the natives couldn't have just done themselves.