Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birds

hi been a while since i've last posted here

thanks hogge wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

birds posted:

Welcome back, birbs! Tell us of your hobbies, pets, favorite soup, and prior convictions.

And post pics of the pets!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

City of Glompton

byob a tail-less cat showed up in our neighborhood yesterday and he's meowing piteously at the front door now :(

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

City of Glompton posted:

byob a tail-less cat showed up in our neighborhood yesterday and he's meowing piteously at the front door now :(

Congratulations, you got yourself a Manx cat friend. Let him in!

Macnult

birds posted:

welcome back I like your avatar

Macnult

City of Glompton posted:

leave him some food. porch cats are great :)

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

We're going to Oahu and she knows plenty of spots because she went to school there for a year. Re: bday chat, she likes video games and cute stuff and spending time with me. She doesn't really have time for anything else between school and work, she's a very busy lady, so there's not much else she cares about.

City of Glompton

he is not a manx, it looks like he got the chop at some point

I wish I could have a cat but alas it is not in the cards :(

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
haha i just realized i never told yall bout my crimes

ofc i aint no stool pigeon so i aint sayin nothin :colbert:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 6, 2017

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
whoa is :colbert: not an emote no more? what about :c00lbert: ? or our dear :c00lbutt: ? ?

byob historian

oh wait

dang 'disable smilies' button thats it.

i never click that thing o n p u r p o s e

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh wait

dang 'disable smilies' button thats it.

i never click that thing o n p u r p o s e

ftfy

TOOT BOOT

I'm always sad when byobbers get banned or stop posting because there aren't that many people here to begin with, stay safe out there

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

vanisher posted:

I was def thinking random avs

I think I'll make it looped in with the av thread somehow.

hmm, what if instead of random its your adorable woodcock :3:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Quake Champions closed beta!! Woop woop!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

To the tune of Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO

I am sleeping on a cooouch toniiiight
I am not going to have a good time
My back is hurt toniiight
I just wanna have a

Matress

byob historian

you need a mattress to buttress your back? i found sleeping on the floor real comfortable when my backstarted having problems

Elusif

Peep dis mountaineering cat.

Twenty Four

Renegret posted:

hot dang

my gf is a -6.75 and she's legally blind without her tacts

-7.0 reporting in with a slight astigmatism to boot, been this bad pretty much my whole life. it suuuuuuuuuux

literally can barely do anything without contacts, glasses are too heavy to wear for very long without getting a headache and are basically just used for "get to the bathroom to put contacts in"

On the flip side at least I live in an era where contacts exist, so thats good. My vision is almost normal! (I can't stand the contacts with the bumpy weight in them that fix the astigmatism so i think thats why i see lights and lit up signs and some things kinda double and a little blurry and just deal with it, still way better then the blindness of no contacts)

Elusif

Uh oh, i too see weird double lights and blurry poo poo.

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Twenty Four posted:

-7.0 reporting in with a slight astigmatism to boot, been this bad pretty much my whole life. it suuuuuuuuuux

literally can barely do anything without contacts, glasses are too heavy to wear for very long without getting a headache and are basically just used for "get to the bathroom to put contacts in"

On the flip side at least I live in an era where contacts exist, so thats good. My vision is almost normal! (I can't stand the contacts with the bumpy weight in them that fix the astigmatism so i think thats why i see lights and lit up signs and some things kinda double and a little blurry and just deal with it, still way better then the blindness of no contacts)

I don't know anything about astigmatism, but if my vision was that bad my first major purchase in my 20s would have been LASIK.

I still have no idea why my GF hasn't gotten it yet. I think she secretly enjoys having crazy microscopic vision to anything six inches from her face. The other day she was examining the split ends on my eyebrows and counting how many hairs were coming out of each beard follicle.

Twenty Four

Well, maybe the technology has improved (it probably has) but when I got checked years ago for lasik I was told I wasn't a candidate because there wasn't enough eye meat or whatever in some places for them to carve up with the laser and work with.

It was pretty expensive then too, but maybe it has gotten cheaper?

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Munchables posted:

A really good restaurant is for sure the way to go for dinner, but we need like an activity to do during the day.

play the most dangerous game

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

!!!!!!!!

----------------

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Hogge Wild posted:

play the most dangerous game

Jai alai?

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Twenty Four posted:

Well, maybe the technology has improved (it probably has) but when I got checked years ago for lasik I was told I wasn't a candidate because there wasn't enough eye meat or whatever in some places for them to carve up with the laser and work with.

It was pretty expensive then too, but maybe it has gotten cheaper?

3 grand or so I think?

Not that bad all things considered.

Twenty Four

3 grand is a ton of contacts, but the convienience sure would be nice! There is also the chance of your eyes getting worse, and still having to just wear a lesser prescription down the road.

Oh and I guess a point of reference as far as contact talk goes for people going "huh?"-

Near sided (when you can't see far away, or in my case bad enough that "far away" is more then a few inches) prescriptions go in -0.25 increments from -0.25 (not bad) up to I think -10 (super super bad). Most models of most brands don't go past that so I guess you would have to get custom made after that? Maybe some models go higher?

Most peoples prescriptions is around -1.0 or -2.0 or less. If I remember right it is measured in magnitudes so going up (more negative) is exponential. Lots of optometrists don't carry much in stock past around -5. Whenever I ordered from the optometrist I would tell the person at the fron desk "I need to order some -7.0" and they would say "You mean -0.75?" and I would say "no, -7.0" and they would give some sort of suprised look and tell me they would have to order them.

Also last time I just ordered online from lens.com and it was like half price of anywhere else for my normal brand. I was nervous because they were so much cheaper but no problems other then shipping was a little slow.

Sorry for my long boring post, but I'm bored and felt like typing. If anything the lens.com tip is good I hope!

Macnult

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

good looking cat

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

why is there no handle on that cabinet door?

----------------

I Was The Fury

Yobgoblin posted:

why is there no handle on that cabinet door?

I grew up in a house with cabinets that you just opened by gripping the side of them. My medicine cabinet also has no handles. Handles are for drawers, breifcases, liquor, and love.

Matoi Ryuko

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 6, 2017

Macnult

is that person holding vantablack?

Matoi Ryuko

Macnult posted:

is that person holding vantablack?

that's correct. isn't it hypnotizing?

Arrhythmia

the unnecessary censorship thread is starting to get pretty abstract

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Twenty Four posted:

3 grand is a ton of contacts, but the convienience sure would be nice! There is also the chance of your eyes getting worse, and still having to just wear a lesser prescription down the road.

Oh and I guess a point of reference as far as contact talk goes for people going "huh?"-

Near sided (when you can't see far away, or in my case bad enough that "far away" is more then a few inches) prescriptions go in -0.25 increments from -0.25 (not bad) up to I think -10 (super super bad). Most models of most brands don't go past that so I guess you would have to get custom made after that? Maybe some models go higher?

Most peoples prescriptions is around -1.0 or -2.0 or less. If I remember right it is measured in magnitudes so going up (more negative) is exponential. Lots of optometrists don't carry much in stock past around -5. Whenever I ordered from the optometrist I would tell the person at the fron desk "I need to order some -7.0" and they would say "You mean -0.75?" and I would say "no, -7.0" and they would give some sort of suprised look and tell me they would have to order them.

Also last time I just ordered online from lens.com and it was like half price of anywhere else for my normal brand. I was nervous because they were so much cheaper but no problems other then shipping was a little slow.

Sorry for my long boring post, but I'm bored and felt like typing. If anything the lens.com tip is good I hope!

That was not boring it was very educational. I just got my first pair of glasses about a month and a half ago and I had no idea what they were talking about with this -.75 stuff.

My GF met her BFF through college when, during a fire alarm in the middle of the night, she knocked her glasses off her end table and couldn't find them. She Velmaed into the hallway where she bumped into a random person who helped her find her glasses. I'd say 3 grand is worth it from both a quality of life and a safety standpoint. What if there was a real fire?

I mean if you're not eligible that's one thing, I just think it's totally worth the cost.

Macnult

Matoi Ryuko posted:

that's correct. isn't it hypnotizing?

:agreed:
I saw a video about it just a few days ago where someone shined a light on it and then had a laser pointer run across it. Fully absorbed both the light and the laser

I Was The Fury

Vantablack is very cool but I am very intimidated and scared of it

byob historian

` lol dat hogge so wilde :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off

Hello saw the AD and felt compelled to post in here