Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Speaking of builder grade, how long have you been rocking contractor shades in your bathroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

kid sinister posted:

Too late. I already archived them, just in case he deletes anything before the inspectors can see them.

I finally read all this. This is awesome.

who on earth archives someones photos in a DIY thread what is wrong with you :psyduck:

op i hope you get in touch with an engineer and theres a cheap solution to your problem!!!

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Welcome back to This Old House with bathDsasterJ. Today we're going to see if we can make a sink really low to the ground. Now I think the best way to accomplish this is to dig down until we hit water and then put a faucet on top. If we find any gold nuggets or oil this project pays for itself, and hopefully there's nothing electrical or structural some dumbass builder put in here. But any wires we find we'll just plug into some sink LEDs I have right he

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pissflaps posted:

So the idea is to have a bath with warm water constantly flowing into it?

How utterly wasteful.

What would you have flow into it, notorious forums troll Pissflaps, ants?

If I were OP, I'd set engineered rock to the wall near the tub and have a little waterfall going down that for the ambience.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
I wonder if his bathroom will be hella flush.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

If I were OP, I'd set engineered rock to the wall near the tub and have a little waterfall going down that for the ambience.
If OP had an engineered rock, he'd probably cut a big hole in it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

What would you have flow into it, notorious forums troll Pissflaps, ants?

Ooh, I like this idea! And scented TASTEFULLY with lavender and sage.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Wait, I skimmed past the renders... He's putting in a wall?

Taking an open bathroom and adding a wall.

He's going to make the next homeowners pay for it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

OSI bean dip posted:

I wonder if his bathroom will be hella flush.

IDK, but with the proposed recessed shower pan trap being lower than the toilet drain, there could indeed be one hell of a flush.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

OP plz come back

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

angryrobots posted:

My guess is that he was gonna sit the tub inside a shower pan, and have a homebrew infinity edge tub.
This was my guess too.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

The original bathroom had a toilet room

There's actually a term of that, "water closet". It sounds Victorian, with how they didn't want to see or even use terms for anything remotely naked.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

kid sinister kindly gently caress off you creepy stalker.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Ramadu posted:

who on earth archives someones photos in a DIY thread what is wrong with you :psyduck:

...You've never seen someone delete everything incriminating after being caught before, have you?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

There's preserving the thread so it doesn't get lost like groverhouse and there's announcing it to the thread and the OP, doxxing the OP, and making a report.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Holy gently caress someone always really needs to touch and roll around in the poop, don't they

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

kid sinister posted:

...You've never seen someone delete everything incriminating after being caught before, have you?

yeah but nobody cares and you're being creepy and driving him off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

brugroffil posted:

He's probably not coming back because his feelings are hurt if anything

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its ok he is an internet cop driven by justice, and the loss of his parents to an improperly installed 2nd floor tub. Hit them right before they gave him the snitches are punk rear end bitches lesson so its ok. this is at least how im writing up the fan fiction anyways

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

kid sinister cut through the engineered joists of this thread, but in his defense it was the only way to do what he wanted to do.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

He'll come back.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

There's preserving the thread so it doesn't get lost like groverhouse and there's announcing it to the thread and the OP, doxxing the OP, and making a report.

brugroffil posted:

ITT people care more about internet lulz than actual humans in danger. lol

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You could have just done your hero business silently and let us have this, a real hero doesn't expect recognition

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If OP is smart he won't bother coming back until he's actually talked to a contractor and gotten poo poo sorted out, that is assuming he doesn't get into a shouting match with the contractor when he starts explaining just how badly he's hosed things up and how his original plans were never going to be possible. Really, with this type of thread, he said he learned what he did wrong on the second page and hasn't done much since but the constant defending of his bad decisions makes it look much worse than it is, especially because the internet does not deal well with a lack of content.

Actually, if OP is smart he just won't post anymore, but I'm hoping he's not that smart.

kid sinister posted:

I think you might be jumping forward a few steps in what has actually happened so far in the thread and should probably just settle down a little bit

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

You could have just done your hero business silently and let us have this, a real hero doesn't expect recognition

I don't give a poo poo about recognition. I've tried to help this guy at least twice over the years, but he's still a shithead to me and everyone else trying to help him. Now he's put his family in danger and would rather argue about it on the internet instead.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

kid sinister posted:

you archiving this guy's poo poo and looking him up on everywhere isn't gonna save anyone's life you incredible autist

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

kid sinister posted:

Don't act like you did it for any noble reason. If you did, you wouldn't have come in the thread being a creepy loving weirdo then telling everyone about it. You would've kept being a creepy loving weirdo to yourself, reported it, and not said a word about it. Not to mention the fact your little safety Crusade isn't gonna do poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

kid sinister you're my hero

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Yawgmoth posted:

you archiving this guy's poo poo and looking him up on everywhere isn't gonna save anyone's life you incredible autist

10 Beers posted:

Don't act like you did it for any noble reason. If you did, you wouldn't have come in the thread being a creepy loving weirdo then telling everyone about it. You would've kept being a creepy loving weirdo to yourself, reported it, and not said a word about it. Not to mention the fact your little safety Crusade isn't gonna do poo poo.

:grovertoot:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Snak posted:

Wait, I skimmed past the renders... He's putting in a wall?

Taking an open bathroom and adding a wall.

He's also taking out one of the windows. Put up walls, take out windows. Make your vampire guests feel more comfortable when they freshen up.

Too much natural light and you might accidentally grow algae instead of mold.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
At this point would it just be easier to have raised the floor by 2 inches?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Bad Munki posted:

He's the hero DIY deserves.

Also, his actions have made me feel better about making fun of beatmaster. On one hand I'm like 'oh, I shouldn't be mean, he screwed up, it happens'. On the other hand, hell, at least I didn't doxx him.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's also taking out one of the windows. Put up walls, take out windows. Make your vampire guests feel more comfortable when they freshen up.

Too much natural light and you might accidentally grow algae instead of mold.

I figured the window replacement was to put in that pebble-textured privacy glass, since that window ends up inside the new shower cabinet.

e: Wait, that's wrong, I went back and looked and the entire window is gone, walled over.

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 6, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jestery posted:

At this point would it just be easier to have raised the floor by 2 inches?
Jestery's boat arrives at the Deep Water Horizon, just days after the explosion. Surveying the scene, he's quiet for a moment. 'At this point would it just be easier to have drilled for oil on land?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

10 Beers posted:

Seriously. How loving great would it have been if a few weeks down the line he comes in with "WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKERS REPORTED ME?" But nope we gotta get the creepy rear end internet stalker announcing his every move and ruining the thread for everyone.

Whoever said to link this to Vice as a perfect capsule of SA culture didn't know how right they were.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Powered Descent posted:

I figured the window replacement was to put in that pebble-textured privacy glass, since that window ends up inside the new shower cabinet.

e: Wait, that's wrong, I went back and looked and the entire window is gone, walled over.

He put the shower there. Could have done privacy glass block or something instead to still get lots of natural light in.

Dark gray/black everywhere with fire engine red walls and less natural light is an interesting design choice.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

brugroffil posted:

Dark gray/black everywhere with fire engine red walls and less natural light is an interesting design choice.

From the very beginning it was obvious that this is meant to be a Sex Bathroom

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Holy poo poo a pebble mold and scum farm around the tub. Is that a thing people actually do or just a creative invention by our resident sketchup DIY expert?

Gotta get rid of these tile countertops, they're so hard to clean! *installs gravel floor*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Uh, just chlorinate the water, duh.

• Locked thread