Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i missed a secret boss in ringed city so looks like i got something to do tonight :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm not going to say that BotW ruined all other games for me (like some goons have :laffo:) but going from that to ME:A is... stark.

omg is that an SNK avatar

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I don't know what you nerds are talking about but I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn and a used copy of Uncharted 4 today.

HZD is pretty cool so far. Sneaking up on a camp full of giant robot dinosaurs is tense af.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i missed a secret boss in ringed city so looks like i got something to do tonight :getin:

how you liking it?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pesticide20 posted:

I don't know if any of you are playing PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS but people on Reddit getting mad about dumb video game things is always funny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/63migg/please_change_m16a4_model_or_name/

this game looks like a special kind of poo poo

why not just play the Battle Royale mod for Arma 3 or something

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The dragon boss is impossible.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Like I think O&S is easier than Midir.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys the new Torment is good. You should play it. Be sure to be ready to read a lot however. Also don't try to get the 'best' ending because poo poo can go any drat way you want and it's all cool.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

Got my Persona 5 controller skin on, I'm good to fukken go

i didnt get one, am i missing out here

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Like I think O&S is easier than Midir.

this is the best run i had against the bastard out of like 6-8 attempts. i think i had a couple dudes helping, but they were both dead by the time he was to the 33% mark, the last bit i did to drop him down was me going all out because i was out of estus. the weapons you can make out of the abyss watchers do extra damage to him because hes abyssal

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

this is the best run i had against the bastard out of like 6-8 attempts. i think i had a couple dudes helping, but they were both dead by the time he was to the 33% mark, the last bit i did to drop him down was me going all out because i was out of estus. the weapons you can make out of the abyss watchers do extra damage to him because hes abyssal

I don't even think I've gotten him to 60% :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is he a mandatory boss?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i went thru all my gear and found all the best fire resist stuff, then i used wolf knight greatsword. the dragoncrest shield can tank most of his fire damage before it blows through my stam. the tail is my biggest problem i think. he also takes double damage when you hit his head

totally optional secret boss ebb

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is he a mandatory boss?

Nope.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Why does every dude in dragon age: inquisition look like they glued on a shoddy homemade fake beard/mustache

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Missionary Positron posted:

Why does every dude in dragon age: inquisition look like they glued on a shoddy homemade fake beard/mustache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU&t=33s

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 6, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i didnt get one, am i missing out here

absolutely

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
mods???

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ME:A is really bad :stare:

Like I was expecting jank but jesus. I can't even bring myself to play it.

Yeah, same boat. I got it for free and feel bad for the person who gave it to me for having bought it. Floating enemies, weird rear end clipping, terrible voice acting and really bad characters all around with a story that's impossible to care about. It's like if Tommy Wisaeu made games

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I did not hit that reporter, I did not. Oh hai Garrus.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ME:A is really bad :stare:

Like I was expecting jank but jesus. I can't even bring myself to play it.

Polygon basically called it an Early Access game in their review. They weren't kidding.

Maybe it'll be fun to play in a year if they patch it right.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First patch should drop today

quote:

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Increased inventory limits

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (see below for detailed notes on balance changes)

Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO

Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern

Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Time to admit something:

I have always disliked Mass Effect games and do not understand the praise they get when at best they play like a clunky Deus Ex

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Eh, if you dislike 1 or 3 that's fine but 2 was pretty drat good all around

I did not hit that reporter, I did not. Oh hai Garrus.

You're tearing meeh apart

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Time to admit something:

I have always disliked Mass Effect games and do not understand the praise they get when at best they play like a clunky Deus Ex

If we're admitting to uncool opinions, I think Unreal Tournament is better than Quake 3.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Dark Souls is bad and I don't get the appeal.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Incoming dogpile

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i could never get into mass effect either. im not a big fan of that particular style of scifi :shrug:

dark souls aint for everyone, and thats alright

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't like MOBAs or Overwatch style games, both of which are tremendously popular. It's okay to not like things.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I don't like MOBAs or Overwatch style games, both of which are tremendously popular. It's okay to not like things.

same. ive tried plenty of mobas and they all seem lame, never played overwatch but im not a fan of its quirky character stuff

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I didn't care for Overwatch. Too big of a focus on the characters, which I don't care about unless it's DOOM Marine.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cowboy elvis posted:

If we're admitting to uncool opinions, I think Unreal Tournament is better than Quake 3.

:same:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Dark Souls is bad and I don't get the appeal.

:same:

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

cowboy elvis posted:

I didn't care for Overwatch. Too big of a focus on the characters, which I don't care about unless it's DOOM Marine.

The reason DOOM Marine is awesome is that his character is simply "the demon the demons fear".

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Derek Dominoe posted:

The reason DOOM Marine is awesome is that his character is simply "the demon the demons fear".

Whoa, too much back story for my taste

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Same here. I figure I'm just too old for Overwatch because when I play it all I can think is "TF Classic did this better"

Vietcong, Blackhawk Down and Modern Warfare 2 are still my favorite FPS games that aren't DOOM/Quake/Unreal

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I enjoy playing Overwatch occasionally with my friends, but the fanbase :chloe:

Also, did anyone pick up Day of Infamy? Looks fun. I'm also tempted to grab Steel Division Normandy '44. Same guys who made the Wargame and Ruse series.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
MOBAs are pure garbage, as are most multiplayer games.

Single player is where it's at.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

cowboy elvis posted:

But this is a good opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

[Certain game genres] aint for everyone, and thats alright

:yeah: