Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm not going to do your geography homework for you OP. Topic locked.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

cripes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I need the EU4 expansions to go on sale before I make a mistake and buy them all at full price.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should have stayed Romuvan because it's retarded easy to reform and it has really easy crusade targets.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also I must have snuffed out at least 2 million rebels and separatists in that Ottomans game. It was just a tiny bit ridiculous.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Evil Eagle posted:

Also I must have snuffed out at least 2 million rebels and separatists in that Ottomans game. It was just a tiny bit ridiculous.

much like the real life Ottoman Empire, you mean

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
We never finished that HOI4 Commonwealth co-op game did we? I wanted to destroy Britain :/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

We never finished that HOI4 Commonwealth co-op game did we? I wanted to destroy Britain :/

Same here man

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is today Mandate of Heaven day? I ended up buying all of the expansions that I was missing because I figure that paying 80 bucks for a 1000 hour game is worth it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Evil Eagle posted:

Is today Mandate of Heaven day? I ended up buying all of the expansions that I was missing because I figure that paying 80 bucks for a 1000 hour game is worth it.

yes, and Utopia day

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I bought Utopia this morning and I'm really excited to dive in after work tonight. I've liked Stellaris from the beginning and Utopia looks like an enormous improvement. Can't wait to spend all night redoing all my custom empires with the new government/civics system and then not have any time to play afterwards.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I bought Utopia this morning and I'm really excited to dive in after work tonight. I've liked Stellaris from the beginning and Utopia looks like an enormous improvement. Can't wait to spend all night redoing all my custom empires with the new government/civics system and then not have any time to play afterwards.

exactly what I'm doing now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The new building menu is beautiful:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The new building menu is beautiful:

Oh my God.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the map game is DLC is on deep discount this weekend, btw. If you're like me and wait for the sales to pick this stuf fup. But I'm probably also gonna buy Mandate of Heaven.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TFW your ruler dies within 6 months of a fresh start

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started a game as Mongolia and they get boned by the institution stuff, and I still feel like all my neighbors are just ignoring the mechanic somehow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[in 1466, with nobody ina 200 mile radius even embracing feudalism] Nice, all my neighbors are 2+ tech across the board. Awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tfw you think you're getting tired and you realize it's 3:30 AM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

This is epic

Noice. I didn't snag a pic but I started as Mongolia and have taken over nearly all the northern country by 1490. My war for independence was brutal and then I became a ming tributary and it's been smooth sailing since. You can just wait for one of the other tributaries to get uppity, which means ming declares war on them and then you can just waltz in 6 months later and take any territory you want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my tech penalty is nearly 100%, colonialism has appeared and been adopted by some cuontries and I am still waiting for like 30 more years for renaissance to even show up at my borders

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there any way to get more horde unity other than razing territories? because you get like 4 or 5 from spot, it trashes their development permanently and you get like 20 resources. its kind of a pain to balance and I just want to get back to 60 so I can reform my government.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you can raise it with mil points like legitimacy​ right

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

you can raise it with mil points like legitimacy​ right

yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NAME YOUR CIVILIZATION WU TANG!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

stellaris achievements aren't working. i'm going to murder groogy

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wormskull posted:

NAME YOUR CIVILIZATION WU TANG!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

havnt heard anything, hows utopia

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, if I become a tributary of Ming in EU4, will that prevent them from attacking me in the future, at all? Since they're getting pretty uppity at me taking chunks out of my fellow Manchu tribes, so I'm thinking about restarting and bending the knee, prior to making my conquests.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

So, if I become a tributary of Ming in EU4, will that prevent them from attacking me in the future, at all? Since they're getting pretty uppity at me taking chunks out of my fellow Manchu tribes, so I'm thinking about restarting and bending the knee, prior to making my conquests.

Yeah and due to a bug the AE is all going to ming instead lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plutonis posted:

:getin: Time to beat down on some Manchurians and Koreans, before this bug gets fixed!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Awesome

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Make Europe Mongolian again and pay China for it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

lol

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Plutonis posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo speaking of Mongolia

In 1444, the Ming dynasty is still in its relative infancy, having taken over China from the Yuan Empire in in the late 14th century. The remnants of the Yuan still remain in our start date in the form of the Mongolia tag (something you can already see in the tooltip for previous Emperors in the Empire of China interface.

For patch 1.21 we have expanded a bit on this and added a decision for Altaic countries to restore the Great Yuan Empire and reclaim the heritage of Kublai Khan. It will require you to unite the Eastern Altaic cultures and be the Empire of China (or at least Empire rank if you lack the Mandate of Heaven DLC) and will grant claims and ideas based on the Yuan Dynasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh hell yeah, that's a run I'd love to play.