Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

ok, we've made a step here. now keep going! if not keeping booze in the house is the sign of an alcohol disorder, not keeping food in the house would be a sign of coping with an e____g d_____r? (fill in the blanks)

so she's recognized the problem and is coping with it what's the issue then?

does she need therapy?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not really correct more like desperately pretend it doesnt exist.

if she was pretending it doesn't exist she'd be 400 lbs and going "healthy at any weight don't tell me I'm eating too much!"

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I dunno, I don't think that "likes to eat snacks when they're around" is an eating disorder. Maybe I should talk to someone about all the oreos that have entered my home only to mysteriously vanish!!!

If at any point you can't keep snacks at all you have some sort of problem.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

CharlestheHammer posted:

If at any point you can't keep snacks at all you have some sort of problem.

It doesn't seem to be causing problems for her, just a problem for the boyfriend, which consists of "having to take leftovers home".

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Bubblyblubber posted:

Maybe if I post a mad fatty you fatsos will stop with the dumpy derail

My older sister[24f] hates me[21m] for making my younger sister[18f] pretty and healthy Non-Romantic

I appreciate your attempt

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I dunno, I don't think that "likes to eat snacks when they're around" is an eating disorder. Maybe I should talk to someone about all the oreos that have entered my home only to mysteriously vanish!!!

i think the essential obesity of goons has distorted the conversation by classifying meals you intend to prep later as "snacks" but when people don't live alone as in with other people or even children it's often extremely handy to keep a variety of foods on hand. storing this food is one of the alternative uses of a kitchen imo

Xombie posted:

It doesn't seem to be causing problems for her, just a problem for the boyfriend, which consists of "having to take leftovers home".

im sure if she tries really hard she can find a boyfriend who would accept her weird, unhealthy coping mechanism. until then she's going to face distress in her interpersonal relationships and potential roadblocks in forming a household with other persons

like imagine if someone else moves in and isn't cool with eating the same meal every day. who would compromise first?

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 6, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Xombie posted:

Um, yeah it is causing a problem or she would just let him keep his lovely leftovers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Goddamn who cares

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

boner confessor posted:

im sure if she tries really hard she can find a boyfriend who would accept her weird, unhealthy coping mechanism. until then she's going to face distress in her interpersonal relationships and potential roadblocks in forming a household with other persons

It's almost like people should accept their loved ones for who they are and not desperately try to change them over inconveniences. Imagine that!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xombie posted:

It's almost like people should accept their loved ones for who they are and not desperately try to change them over inconveniences. Imagine that!

you're posting in the r/relationships thread saying the key to a healthy relationship is accepting your SO's odd, inconvenient, and potentially conflict producing behavior? nice

"i would love for you to move in danny, but on one condition. you're going to be eating boiled chicken and broccoli for every meal, or you eat out. deal?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xombie posted:

Okay, you know what? That's stupid.

Everyone in here needs to change for the better for others. You are all selfish twats if you believe otherwise. There's nothing so great about you that you shouldn't change to be better.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boner confessor posted:

Yeah I'm sure if this super fun attractive fit lady tries her very best she might be able to find a boyfriend who doesn't care that much about her slightly odd eating patterns.

Just maybe if she's reeaaal lucky.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

COMRADES posted:

Yeah I'm sure if this super fun attractive fit lady tries her very best she might be able to find a boyfriend who doesn't care that much about her slightly odd eating patterns.

You say that, but men are extremely demanding and unreasonable.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Everyone in here needs to change for the better for others. You are all selfish twats if you believe otherwise. There's nothing so great about you that you shouldn't change to be better.

people should grow and develop and improve themselves always but at the same time no one is perfect and acceptance of a partner's flaws is arguably the point at which love really starts. There's always going to be something to get hung up on and at some point you need to just say "that's who this person is and I love them anyway."

also stop trying to get your NEET friends who treat you bad to improve just find friends who are better to you

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

COMRADES posted:

Yeah I'm sure if this super fun attractive fit lady

nothing more fun than eating the same thing for every meal. a real hoot and a half

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Oddly enough, many men say this very thing about women!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boner confessor posted:

nothing more fun than eating the same thing for every meal. a real hoot and a half

Because he can only eat the foods she prepares and nothing else?

Pick posted:

Some of them are sure but you generally want to avoid those ones anyway because they are a bit touched in the head more often than not.

Look maybe this girl could benefit from therapy, all I'm saying is given the context of the other horror stories in this thread it's not so bad at all.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Goddamn who cares

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Lotta people itt don't get the munchies while staying very fit.

I mean she literally says to him that she can't not eat snacks if they're about?

from the comments posted:

For example, I've seen her mix a couple of condiments on a spoon to eat as a "snack" when she gets a craving and actually feel guilty about it.

That is textbook compulsive eating.

Girl has a disordered relationship to food that she has learnt to control in a reasonably healthy way. Unfortunately her method is contingent on having total control over the contents of her kitchen, which will cause problems if she has to cede some of that space to her boyfriend when he moves in.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Man, the OP leaving out what exactly her meals are was the best troll ever.

It was even better than "leave out the kink" in the "I'm worried about my partner's kink" story. Look how much discussion it's spawned!

Blue Train posted:

Goddamn who cares

The point of the thread is discussing/arguing about the stories, don't discourage discussion.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Werong Bustope posted:

Girl has a disordered relationship to food that she has learnt to control in a reasonably healthy way. Unfortunately her method is contingent on having total control over the contents of her kitchen, which will cause problems if she has to cede some of that space to her boyfriend when he moves in.

this is fair enough and a good ending point for this conversation

in other news

quote:

My (28m) wife (26f) of 5 years is going to Florida to visit a friend she had cyber sex with.
submitted 2 hours ago by kosskronos

My wife of 5 years is planning to go down to Florida to visit a friend (24f) who she calls her sister, but they've had cyber sex together online. My wife is also planning to take our kids (5y M) and (8 month old, m) down to Florida too. We live in Connecticut, so it's a distance. Now I do not feel comfortable with this trip because of the acts of cyber sex, and on multiple occasions. Also she is taking the kids clothes and their car seats and a pack and play for the baby. The clothes she is taking currently do not fit either child. But she claims that there is a place she can exchange the clothes for one that do fit. After all this though, my biggest concern is that she is planning to stay in Florida, and not tell me. I am at a loss right now on what too do. I've messaged her and voiced my concerns. I am at work atm, so I am waiting for her reply.

Tldr: Wife is going to Florida and I'm afraid she won't come back.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

COMRADES posted:

Because he can only eat the foods she prepares and nothing else?

i dont know why you would assume otherwise. this woman copes with her eating disorder by preventing food from being stored in her kitchen. having no ingredients makes it difficult to cook a meal

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

My (28m) wife (26f) of 5 years is going to Florida to visit a friend she had cyber sex with. 

"My wife is taking our kids to meet an internet stranger. I want to stop her but these TPS reports just can't wait!"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

in other news

I'm going to buy cigarettes baby I'll right back

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this one is hella long so here's the link and the most relevant paragraph

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/63szzt/my_32f_new_boss_late_30sm_of_4_days_told_me_to/

quote:

My [32/F] new boss [late 30s/M] of 4 days told me to put my hand on a cutting board and played "five finger fillet" with it

Tonight he told me to put my hand on my cutting board with my fingers spread. He took a large chef knife and began to play "five finger fillet" with my hand, increasing the pace of the knife stabs as he went. He didn't end up going too fast and was holding the knife handle between two fingers, but there was enough force behind it that if he had missed his mark I would have bled. The other two people on our shift [27M-33M] laughed and said they all had to go through it, as though it was an was an initiation. This didn't feel like I was being initiated into anything, though. I didn't pull my hand away because I was afraid it would seem contrarian, and I was more afraid of upsetting Daniel than I was afraid of getting cut. I don't know if I'm overreacting by feeling pretty scared and stressed.

also as someone who has worked in kitchens I would absolutely refuse to do this, call the person a loving retard, tell them they are loving their chef knife up, and that if they try to fire me about it i'll report their idiot rear end to the labor board and OSHA

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Moridin920 posted:

like basically everyone does this otherwise half your food would spoil lol you realize that right?

normal people don't just stuff their pantry full of as many goodies as they can like they are squirrels getting ready for the winter
Normal people use their pantry for its created purpose, keeping food around until they need it. What the gently caress do you think a pantry is for?

Having a stocked pantry is awesome, it means I can just cook whatever I feel like whenever I want and only need to pick up 0-2 things from the store.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

What the gently caress do you think a pantry is for?

Cum jar storage

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

I wouldn't play less dark souls if God himself asked :discourse:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

COMRADES posted:

Lmao seriously. Of course goons think all that is a no-sale if it interferes with meals.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

in other news

This guy is so dense he belongs in a labratory at CERN.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Lmao seriously. Of course goons think all that is a no-sale if it interferes with meals.

Food is kind of an important part of people's lives yes.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

Every person who was involved in the production and dissemination of the television program How I Met Your Mother should be drawn and quartered on live television imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hello, yes, is this the childrens clothing exchange? I have baby shoes to trade; never worn.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cthulu Carl posted:

"My wife is taking our kids to meet an internet stranger. I want to stop her but these TPS reports just can't wait!"

Yeah she is for sure leaving him. If it was just her I could see just staying at work and letting her go because it's over anyway, but if she is taking the kids it could gently caress up any custody negotiations for him for them to already be with her in another state. He must really be.in denial to be posting on reddit instead of leaving to go get his kids.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you all have a posting disorder

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I don't allow others to keep threads in the house as I might be tempted to post in them.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

in other news

in the comments of this he elaborated that he works two part time jobs and his wife stays at home and does nothing, and her cyber sex friend was the one who convinced her to quit her job a few years ago, and is also paying all the bills for her to go on this trip

everyone is telling him to get a lawyer but he cant afford it

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Is this man a literal jellyfish, because in addition to being utterly spineless, he also appears to be blind and brainless

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
this derail about pantries is just making me think of that dude who called his a larder and burned big ol batches of soup in a literal massive cauldron at the local renn faires.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Still going, huh?

I [25F] have never seen my bf's [27M] butt. Dating 3 years. (NSFW/ Trigger warning)

quote:

u/concernednconfused
Pretty much what the title says.

I'm not trolling, serious replies only.

Dating for 3 years, have lived together for 2. During this entire time I have actually only seen his butt once when we were in missionary and there was a mirror on one side so I got a glimpse. This was very early on in our relationship I had no idea it would become such an issue. (First 2 weeks of us dating)

Since the mirror incident I have literally never seen it. Every time we have sex he is very careful about getting out of bed or putting on underwear in such a way that his butt is not in view. Once I saw it through a shower curtain and he was annoyed.

He's in shape so he has a nice butt. ( I would imagine based off of that one time 3 years ago)

I have asked about it only a couple of times, and I have expressed that it bothers me. When I do bring it up he acts like I am crazy and that I have seen his butt. I don't want to push the issue because I think there is an underlying problem.

He had a really hard time growing up. Very unstable environment. I am concerned he was sexually abused. I have gently asked if something had happened to him and that's why he doesn't like to expose his backside. He acted insulted that I would even think that.

He does allow me to be big spoon sometimes or to lay behind him and rub his back. One time recently I accidentally touched his butt with my knee, kind of in the center, and he jumped and got very angry with me. I told him I was just moving closer and he dropped it but was still upset the rest of the day.

My only other thought is that it is possibly a cosmetic issue. He sometimes get a weird rash and also it is kind of hairy, but not in an irregular way.

I am really concerned about him. I feel like if something did happen then I would hope that he talks to a therapist. I am at the point that I don't know what to do. I don't want to push the issue but I don't think his behavior is healthy. What can I do to help him? How can I approach this issue with him in a constructive manner? I know that this isn't my problem and the real issue is not about me seeing his derrière and more about getting him help if he was sexually abused as a child. (I know for a fact that he has never spoke to a professional about his life/childhood)

tl;dr: I have never seen my boyfriend's butt. I am concerned that he was abused as a child and I would like for him to see a therapist. Don't know how to approach this with him.

EDIT: Hey everyone! I know it's super weird! He is not into showering together, I have tried, and he will kick me out of the bathroom or get out of the shower. When he changes he ALWAYS changes facing me. And I have asked probably 6 times in 3 years but his response is so negative I have no idea what else to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bubblyblubber posted:

Still going, huh?

I [25F] have never seen my bf's [27M] butt. Dating 3 years. (NSFW/ Trigger warning)

this one is a repost and iirc the thread consensus is that he was probably abused