Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i would totally buy a frog design xbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Microsoft Xbox.NET Home Premium for Workstations with Cortana™

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Microsoft Xbox.NET Home Premium for Workstations with Cortana™

For Life

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
someone link that name generator tia

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

anthonypants posted:

someone link that name generator tia

http://wheany.com/ms-branding/

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
bless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

shaggar pls spill the beer over windows update server and push creator update out early

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
creator update looks pretty boring but there are some cool things like phone login that might be in there.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

"bing kin" made me laugh a lot

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

creator update is available for manual install if you want to beta test an os in the future

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wheany posted:

you mean the xbox one x?

xb2x

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

manually updated to creator's update this morning, as it became available. so far nothing really impressive, just bunch of minor cohesive additions all over the place

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

manually updated to creator's update this morning, as it became available. so far nothing really impressive, just bunch of minor cohesive additions all over the place

good, less opportunity for them to fundamentally break something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-why-microsoft-is-making-project-scorpio
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

xbawks new looking dope, rumoured to go for $499

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i'll probably get a scorpio, but did they finalize the name of the console yet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

the final name of the console is not publicly known yet

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the final name of the console is not publicly known yet

The console will be named shaggy the scorpio

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

will scorpio have enough power to make the home screen not comically laggy?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

will scorpio have enough power to make the home screen not comically laggy?

they finally released an update where the guide poo poo isnt completely horrendous. theres a smaller guide that pops out from the side during games and is nearly instantaneous, but i think the way tehy did that was by treating the home more like a normal app so it takes longer to from the side guide but its way better than it was. only took them five years to figure out.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

XBox Live

except pronounced as a verb & not an adjective and not to be confused with the service "Xbox Live"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phoenixan posted:

XBox Live

except pronounced as a verb & not an adjective and not to be confused with the service "Xbox Live"
*groans audibly*

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i cant imagine a person looking forward to the updated version of the shittiest console

basically its like a ps4 only garbage and made by a company whose name is synonymous with failure why yes ofc im interested im sure on the third attempt theyll get it right i mean look at their track record of success such as

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

they really haven't had many good exclusives either

like i'm struggling to think of anything wildly successful they've had in the past year at least, meanwhile both sony and nintendo have extremely well-reviewed exclusives out in the last month or so

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah, exclusives are the problem defining xbox one. otherwise there's barely any difference, and the hardware seems to be going ahead (not that it matters, until they step up their game game)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
they have alienated all their first party studios, run every exclusive franchise to the ground, their console has half the install base of the competitor, the new console will be 1/3 more expensive when it releases in 6 months than ps4 pro is now.

it is definitely the most powerful console when it releases, but will the games look significantly better than on ps4 pro? like, the frame rate might be more stable. maybe it will actually have true 4k instead of checkerboarding. but i don't think people will care enough.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
source of quote: me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

they have alienated all their first party studios, run every exclusive franchise to the ground, their console has half the install base of the competitor, the new console will be 1/3 more expensive when it releases in 6 months than ps4 pro is now.

it is definitely the most powerful console when it releases, but will the games look significantly better than on ps4 pro? like, the frame rate might be more stable. maybe it will actually have true 4k instead of checkerboarding. but i don't think people will care enough.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

source of quote: me.
its a thoughtful post tho

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

dont forget they also said theyre going to put their first party exclusives out on pc so theres even less of an incentive to buy a $500 scorpio instead of putting that money into a 1070

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

sleepwalkers posted:

dont forget they also said theyre going to put their first party exclusives out on pc so theres even less of an incentive to buy a $500 scorpio instead of putting that money into a 1070
they have a cross-platform buy system where you can buy a game on the microsoft app store for windows and play the game on your xbone which sounds like a nice gimmick

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

there's a feature that allows you to stream a game from an xbone to an underpowered windows pc, so i think the hope is that people without gaming rigs will buy an xbox and use that as a proxy?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

anthonypants posted:

they have a cross-platform buy system where you can buy a game on the microsoft app store for windows and play the game on your xbone which sounds like a nice gimmick

welcome to 2011 i guess?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

welcome to 2011 i guess?

cool thanks for the broken tinypic url, what's it like in 2011 by the way

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

anthonypants posted:

cool thanks for the broken tinypic url, what's it like in 2011 by the way

nice response you started writing after i fixed it

EDIT and then edited your post to hide this fact :ninja:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

nice response you started writing after i fixed it
welcome to 2009 i guess?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

univbee posted:

welcome to 2011 i guess?

I mean this was quite possibly one of the worst implementations of the idea ever. Does Steam still have the "Link a PS3 Account" option every time you install it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I mean this was quite possibly one of the worst implementations of the idea ever. Does Steam still have the "Link a PS3 Account" option every time you install it?
uhh, i want to say yes, but it has been a year or so

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

anthonypants posted:

annoyingly, windows store apps are somehow packaged in such a way that you can't add them as shortcuts to steam

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

annoyingly, windows store apps are somehow packaged in such a way that you can't add them as shortcuts to steam
do you even get anything on it that is not a call of duty or candy crush farm saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ok i found bunch of hacky ways to add uwp game to steam but it is ultimately pointless due to packaging and such, so only if you use steam to manage shortcuts to all games

• Locked thread