Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

I enjoy playing Overwatch occasionally with my friends, but the fanbase :chloe:

Ding ding ding. Gross fanbases can make me hate a game by extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Missionary Positron posted:

MOBAs are pure garbage, as are most multiplayer games.

Single player is where it's at.

Death to PvP

Long live the co-op flesh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The multiplayer patch notes for ME:A just dropped.
Bioware have no idea whatsoever what made the first game good.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/06/patch-1-05-multiplayer-balance-updates/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ding ding ding. Gross fanbases can make me hate a game by extension.

the souls fanbase put me off of the series for a long time

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I just wish more games had co-op. Mashing through diablo with fiance and her brother was the most fun I've had playing multiplayer coop games in a long time

Original halo co-op was peak console gaming

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Capn Beeb posted:

Death to PvP

Hail satan.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Quake Champions closed beta started today. I'm downloading right now and will report back later.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i don't have friends and can't play co-op

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

i don't have friends and can't play co-op

:same:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Dishonored 2 trip report: insanely good

Even though I have to turn down the settings probably more than I should have to, it's still gorgeous at medium-ish.

Its basic gameplay systems improve on the original's in nearly every way.

The maps are inventive almost to the point of absurdity: switching back and forth between past and present at will with multiple radically different versions of the present depending on how you screw with the past, a "clockwork mansion" that is basically a big changeable maze in three dimensions, an island asylum that one-ups Arkham in every way, a giant Frank Gehry palace, a slum in the middle of gang war, a spooky museum. The best level designers are obviously back and pretty much just showing off at this point.

I did a clean-hands, low chaos run with Corvo and got pretty satisfying outcomes for every little "assassination puzzle," even if a couple felt tacked on. Next I'm going to play Emily as a sort of avenging angel blasting heads off everybody. The story was just OK, a mashup of Dishonored 1's revenge plot with the supernatural shenanigans of the Brigmore Witches DLC. I'd recommend playing those first if you haven't, actually. They still hold up and you just won't understand a lot of the sequel if you don't.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dark Souls is bad and I don't get the appeal.

I still love you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

I just wish more games had co-op. Mashing through diablo with fiance and her brother was the most fun I've had playing multiplayer coop games in a long time

Hell yeah coop owns and halo 1 legendary with a mate is the poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Reverand maynard posted:

Yeah unfortunately it's become a bit of a niche thing.

Yo dude I'm down to run through RE6 with you. I bought it when it was on sale. It can't be anytime soon but if you wanna hold off a bit I'm totally down

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 6, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah no rush, I have a bunch of other poo poo I need to finish anyways

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's a date ;-*

Man, I have barely started Nier. I haven't even started Horizon ZD. I'm about halfway through BOTW--was hoping they might patch it again somehow to improvement gameplay but lol

What a year for video games

Also Dirt 4 and Wipeout in June. 😩

Dude I'm loving pumped for some Dirt 4 and Wipeout on my KS8000 In HD/4k and poo poo. We better get some GIP races going. Dirt 3 actually had some pretty decent online, wonder how much focus they're putting into it for 4

I'm not buying it if there's no rewind function tho cause I'm bad

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man a grid full of gippers in a race game could be fun.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

If we're admitting to uncool opinions, I think Unreal Tournament is better than Quake 3.

The weapons are undeniably better but the movement in UT always felt sluggish as poo poo compared to quake.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man a grid full of gippers in a race game could be fun.

full nurburgring track. First turn carnage, then the leftovers will try to take out whoever made it out unscathed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

If we're admitting to uncool opinions, I think Unreal Tournament is better than Quake 3.

ew

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First lap never completed out of boredom. If it is, even in Chirons we don't break the 10 minute mark.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Death to PvP

PvP can have its moments. Back during Wrath of the Lich King era WoW I had plenty of fun destroying Alliance pansies with my undead warlock. That was probably the last time I was really into PvP though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

The weapons are undeniably better but the movement in UT always felt sluggish as poo poo compared to quake.

I agree with this. I always felt that UT had a better design and look, but Quake controlled better and had way better netcode

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Bah gawd I just saw that Origin access has like the entire c&c collection.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've bought the entire C&C collection like 3 times on disc. Wouldn't mind some RA2 or Generals right about now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i've bought the entire C&C collection like 3 times on disc. Wouldn't mind some RA2 or Generals right about now

Who's down this weekend

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

man I loving loved Command & Conquer: Renegade
probably aged horribly

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man I loving loved Command & Conquer: Renegade
probably aged horribly

I tried playing that like 10 years ago and it had aged terribly by then

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

remember when Starcraft: Ghosts was supposed to be a thing

that game woulda been so dope at the time

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

remember when Starcraft: Ghosts was supposed to be a thing

that game woulda been so dope at the time

yeah i remember thinking that poo poo would be bad rear end for like 5 years or whatever before they finally killed it. I think it was supposed to come out on X Box 1 the first xbox even.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it was a long time ago. I remember it was a big deal when it got cancelled. Not sure why, it woulda been popular

Wonder if they'll ever release it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9myb3yZ_5E

Think it was supposed to be out in 2003. I always wondered why some sort of first persons Starcraft never existed

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I am going to buy the new Xbox for Forza 7. No point in trying to tell myself otherwise.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

at the date posted:

Dishonored 2 trip report: insanely good

Even though I have to turn down the settings probably more than I should have to, it's still gorgeous at medium-ish.

Its basic gameplay systems improve on the original's in nearly every way.

The maps are inventive almost to the point of absurdity: switching back and forth between past and present at will with multiple radically different versions of the present depending on how you screw with the past, a "clockwork mansion" that is basically a big changeable maze in three dimensions, an island asylum that one-ups Arkham in every way, a giant Frank Gehry palace, a slum in the middle of gang war, a spooky museum. The best level designers are obviously back and pretty much just showing off at this point.

I did a clean-hands, low chaos run with Corvo and got pretty satisfying outcomes for every little "assassination puzzle," even if a couple felt tacked on. Next I'm going to play Emily as a sort of avenging angel blasting heads off everybody. The story was just OK, a mashup of Dishonored 1's revenge plot with the supernatural shenanigans of the Brigmore Witches DLC. I'd recommend playing those first if you haven't, actually. They still hold up and you just won't understand a lot of the sequel if you don't.

I wonder if they've patched the game in the last month or so. I haven't touched it in a while and only made it a couple hours in because it ran like hot trash on my PC no matter what I set the graphics too. The framerate jumped all over the place and the weird micro-stutters and slightly off frame pacing made me nauseated.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

cowboy elvis posted:

I am going to buy the new Xbox for Forza 7. No point in trying to tell myself otherwise.

Well with the 4k blu-ray player it's easier to justify

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah i remember thinking that poo poo would be bad rear end for like 5 years or whatever before they finally killed it. I think it was supposed to come out on X Box 1 the first xbox even.

at first it was going to be N64, thats why they made Starcraft 64

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

drat son, that poo poo was kicking around longer than I remember even then

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

drat son, that poo poo was kicking around longer than I remember even then

i remember reading about it in nintendo power

might've been gamecube but dont wanna google

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
somewhere out there, there is a goon with old Nintendo Power fold out posters tacked to his walls (with the ones with colored ends)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

somewhere out there, there is a goon with old Nintendo Power fold out posters tacked to his walls (with the ones with colored ends)

i had a 6 ft Fulgore poster that I ordered from nintendo power

it was dope because it still had the Ultra 64 logo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

lol oh poo poo how was Starcraft 64 anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol oh poo poo how was Starcraft 64 anyways

wasnt bad, had split screen and ran ok i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Km6vazzCw