Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Halser posted:

Does the game ever establish or hint at the prevalent form of government in future Earth?

There was a parliament on Arcturus Station for the Systems Alliance itself, not sure what the Codex said about Earth itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's pretty clear Earth is run by Google Fascism.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Big Bidness posted:

Another meme fixed.

This is the worst patch ever, gdi

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Its alphabet now

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I think I did all of them and there was only one that I had to guess-and-backtrack on (one of the 5x5 ones), all of the rest were fully deterministic on a first pass from what I can remember.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Rookersh posted:

For those enjoying this, do the planet based areas ever change to your actions?

One of the things I loved about Inquisition was how your actions even during side quests changed the world around you. Suddenly you started seeing Inquisition patrols wandering the roads, the people moved back to their homes, watchtowers went up, the environmental dialogue changed about how things were getting better. It made doing the side quests feel worth it, even if it was a deluge of them, and it honestly made the world building aspects of the game make up for the rather weak main plot to me.

I know the Nexus changes, but do you see further changes on planets after the colony goes down and you start doing sidequests for them? More outlying bases showing up? People moving around the colony to new areas? People talking about how things are improving? Even these small changes would probably be enough to push me over the edge and buy this game, as that's the sort of stuff I live for.

Two planets, Eos and Elaaden, pretty much drop their environmental hazards entirely (Eos keeps some for a little while as a progress gate). The science station in Havarl becomes more populated and less run-down. I didn't notice Voeld or Kadara change a single bit outside of having a human colony now.

This is just what I've observed. There might be things I missed or my game bugged out (I strongly suspect Voeld is supposed to lose its frigid status at some point). Also I haven't gone back to any planets in the Epilogue.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The raging snowstorm on Voeld goes away and you get pretty night sky with auroras instead.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Halser posted:

Does the game ever establish or hint at the prevalent form of government in future Earth?

I think it's mentioned that most nations merged together, especially during the war with the turians. Canada and the USA are the same country in mass effect.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Two planets, Eos and Elaaden, pretty much drop their environmental hazards entirely (Eos keeps some for a little while as a progress gate). The science station in Havarl becomes more populated and less run-down. I didn't notice Voeld or Kadara change a single bit outside of having a human colony now.

This is just what I've observed. There might be things I missed or my game bugged out (I strongly suspect Voeld is supposed to lose its frigid status at some point). Also I haven't gone back to any planets in the Epilogue.

I hope Voeld always keeps its environmental hazard, as that makes the planet's architect fight actually somewhat interesting as its in a level 2 area.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ages posted:

I hope Voeld always keeps its environmental hazard, as that makes the planet's architect fight actually somewhat interesting as its in a level 2 area.

That stays, yes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Those ponds on Kadara also stop being environmental hazards.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

guns for tits posted:

I think it's mentioned that most nations merged together, especially during the war with the turians. Canada and the USA are the same country in mass effect.

Also, the west coast has flooded by a fair bit. Vancouver isn't even on the mainland anymore, and Kaidan mentions his family's inland house being "beachfront property" in ME1.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Those ponds on Kadara also stop being environmental hazards.
Yeah, Kadara's problem wasn't atmospheric, it was the water catching on fire. It does look different after you activate the vault - cleaner and more blue but it's not as pronounced as say Eos or Voeld.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

precision posted:

Are you sure they were correct alternate solutions? Because I thought this happened to me but on review I wasn't taking into account the "one glyph per shape" rule.

Yep, counted 'em up, checked rows & columns.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

isk posted:

Yep, counted 'em up, checked rows & columns.

i had the same issue once as well and i did all the other ones pretty easily..

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It's not just rows and columns remember, it's rows and columns and the various shapes within.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Ironically enough the only one of those I ever had trouble with is the one that's loving unskippable :argh:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Skippy McPants posted:

The game addresses this in a few places, but colonists dying on the ground don't care about politics.

It happens plenty in real life, jus think:

"drat government, I'm gonna move out to the sticks where there's no law. Live free and clear!"
BAD THING HAPPENS
"Why isn't the government doing anything? I knew they were useless!"

The kind of authenticity I live for.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ShineDog posted:

It's not just rows and columns remember, it's rows and columns and the various shapes within.

Yes, I know how it works.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

isk posted:

Yes, I know how it works.

Yeah the Sudoku minigame definetly expects you to submit one, and only one, proper solution. I've solved a handful of 4x4 puzzles in multiple ways before and told to gently caress off and do it the way they wanted it done.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Magmarashi posted:

Yeah the Sudoku minigame definetly expects you to submit one, and only one, proper solution. I've solved a handful of 4x4 puzzles in multiple ways before and told to gently caress off and do it the way they wanted it done.

I did this a few times before I realized what they meant by the "highlighted shapes" bit.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Skippy McPants posted:

Also, the way nobody loots your high-tech station hubs for salvage within a minute of them touching down.

there's actually a log in the terminal on voeld about the angara defending one of he stations while not knowing exactly what it is. it got a chuckle out of me

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Why is my game switching from fullscreen to windowed whenever I tab out now? It wasn't doing this before the patch. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
If I start a new character do they have to have new strike teams or are strike teams universal?

If I have strike team rewards waiting to be claimed can a new character claim them instead of an existing one that they were originally meant for?

What happens if I delete my first character?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

If I start a new character do they have to have new strike teams or are strike teams universal?

If I have strike team rewards waiting to be claimed can a new character claim them instead of an existing one that they were originally meant for?

Strike teams and their rewards are universal across all characters.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, the west coast has flooded by a fair bit. Vancouver isn't even on the mainland anymore, and Kaidan mentions his family's inland house being "beachfront property" in ME1.

The codex in ME2 mentions that Mexico and most of the Caribbean nations are part of that same super-USA, too.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Universal.

quote:

I'm pretty sure the rewards can only be claimed by one character, but yeah, you could grab them as the "wrong" character, I suppose.

quote:

Strike Teams are tied to your EA account (you can manage them through the phone app) so I'm pretty sure they can exist independent of a ME:A character. I was collecting loot boxes before I even started playing the game and they were all waiting for me when I first got to the Nexus.

Strike Team question: Uhh...when do they get remotely good enough to tackle a "gold" mission? My "best" Team is level 19, with no bad traits, 3 "good" traits and spec-ammo (I know. :() and they still only have a 44% chance.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Snuffman posted:

Strike Team question: Uhh...when do they get remotely good enough to tackle a "gold" mission? My "best" Team is level 19, with no bad traits, 3 "good" traits and spec-ammo (I know. :() and they still only have a 44% chance.
I see 50% for golds often and 60% a couple of times. It feels like golds are meant to remain risky both in pure percentage chance and also chance to give your teams a negative trait.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Thanks thread bros. :)

I think I'm going to restart, mostly because I much better understand the combat now and I need to reset my respec cost, I want to see all the new animation work, and I'm going to hop on the female Ryder train.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lightning Knight posted:

Thanks thread bros. :)

I think I'm going to restart, mostly because I much better understand the combat now and I need to reset my respec cost, I want to see all the new animation work, and I'm going to hop on the female Ryder train.

gently caress Jaal, this is important.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pick posted:

gently caress Jaal, this is important.

Bleh. I don't care much for Jaal.

Also how can I resist Suvi's voice? I now understand Traynor's plight in the beginning of ME3. :swoon:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've ended up liking Jaal a lot more than I expected. His (the angaran's) design is still a little whacky, but his VO does a good job and he gets some of the better writing among the cast.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lightning Knight posted:

Bleh. I don't care much for Jaal.

Also how can I resist Suvi's voice? I now understand Traynor's plight in the beginning of ME3. :swoon:

Have Jaal stick his space wiener in you :argh:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lightning Knight posted:

Even Vetra comments on how alluring Suvi's voice is. :getin:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pick posted:

Have Jaal stick his space wiener in you :argh:

If Jaal morphs into a pretty red head with an accent we can talk. :colbert:

Cythereal posted:

Even Vetra comments on how alluring Suvi's voice is. :getin:

Goddamn right. :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I must be alone in thinking Suvi's voice sounds like somebody trying to do an Irish accent poorly

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lightning Knight posted:

If Jaal morphs into a pretty red head with an accent we can talk. :colbert:

If Suvi's orange hair is now red then Jaal's pink is too. :colbert:

Arcsquad12 posted:

I must be alone in thinking Suvi's voice sounds like somebody trying to do an Irish accent poorly

Nah definitely agreed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wrong game.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Arcsquad12 posted:

lol at this in the context of Fallout 4.

Also I am fairly sure she's supposed to be Scottish. I have no clue how good of an accent it is compared to the real thing but it sure sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Suvi always makes me think of Kelly Macdonald in Trainspotting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkEugMxFvk