Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Starcraft 64 was bad, but IIRC Command and Conquer 64 was actually quite good, it just lacked the FMV's because lol cartridges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bolow posted:

Starcraft 64 was bad, but IIRC Command and Conquer 64 was actually quite good, it just lacked the FMV's because lol cartridges

RE2 had all the cutscenes on 64

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thinking of booting up Starcraft ii for the first time in like two years to check out the official co op mode. There were a bunch of co op custom maps I used to play for the first game but everything now is just mobas and poo poo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Thinking of booting up Starcraft ii for the first time in like two years to check out the official co op mode. There were a bunch of co op custom maps I used to play for the first game but everything now is just mobas and poo poo

You remember when Counter-Strike blew up and like every other Half-Life mod was some derivative of that, all trying to catch lightning in bottle again? It's the exact same poo poo with DotA clones.

TBH those people wasted their time and should have focused on making Science & Industry clones

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I was never into the mobas and the mindless massing type maps in Starcraft 1 but they were always the most popular. I mean, I'm not the king of taste or anything cause In addition to more co op stuff I also liked long rear end maps like resident evil or starship troopers where you just sit in a defense and survive waves of enemies and then level up your dude.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've never played a moba afaik, and I don't feel less for that.

Maybe they're good games, but everytime I see anyone talking about the players in DOTA it ends up a big NOPE.

But to be honest that's my reaction to anyone taking games SERIOUS

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PS4 Remote Play on PC is pretty neat. It looks kind of crummy but it lets me play Persona 5 on my laptop while the lady is watching TV. I like how plugging the gamepad into the laptop doesn't remove the sync from the PS4, so if I want to play on TV I can just unplug it and go direct.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey n4butts I bough MLB the show 17

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bolow posted:

You remember when Counter-Strike blew up and like every other Half-Life mod was some derivative of that, all trying to catch lightning in bottle again? It's the exact same poo poo with DotA clones.

TBH those people wasted their time and should have focused on making Science & Industry clones

Firearms mod was loving awesome. :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

Hey n4butts I bough MLB the show 17

nice

how is it? the retro mode fun?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i've never played a moba afaik, and I don't feel less for that.

Maybe they're good games, but everytime I see anyone talking about the players in DOTA it ends up a big NOPE.

But to be honest that's my reaction to anyone taking games SERIOUS

i played like 20 min of a dota2 match once, got bored and quit. i guess thats a huge dick move that really fucks your team but idgaf. if your multiplayer game has only 1 map, then get hosed idiot

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

ded posted:

Firearms mod was loving awesome. :smith:

Sven Coop was/is still the greatest mod of all time.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i played like 20 min of a dota2 match once, got bored and quit. i guess thats a huge dick move that really fucks your team but idgaf. if your multiplayer game has only 1 map, then get hosed idiot

:same:
:hf:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it only has one map? lmbo what the gently caress fun is that

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Speaking of mods, someone made a pretty loving rad mod for Dark Souls 1. It randomizes item placements in the game:

quote:

In case you're unaware what such a program entails, it allows you to randomly generate a set of treasures so that your playthrough of Dark Souls will be more interesting. Now, the program just mixes up existing treasures (mostly), so you don't have to worry about every treasure being a Whip or something. This is not for new players, by the way. It's not a fair, lore-friendly or sensible way to receive the items in the game. It is random.

I decided I wanted to add a little flair of my own to this idea, so you can set the difficulty of the generator. Don't get me wrong: the easiest difficulty is plenty challenging, because items can end up in weird locations that you might not be aware of, but the harder difficulties are something else. The Dark Souls of item randomizers, if you will. The generator will give you a short description of the difficulty level you've selected, so I won't repeat them here. If you're looking for a simple, new (but still Dark Souls hard) experience, I suggest the easiest difficulty, "Human". If you're a speedrunner who has a photographic memory of where every item in the game is, I suggest the hardest difficulty, "Hollow". The other two difficulties, "Undead" and "Deprived", are somewhere in between.

The randomizer also includes the options to scramble armor sets as entire sets or as individual items. I've called the latter option "Fashion Souls", since you'll probably end up mixing-and-matching the armor that you find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/60xu02/dark_souls_item_randomizer_v01_beta_testing/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nice

how is it? the retro mode fun?

Began the download last night before going to bed. I'm gonna play some tonight. I'll let you know how it is in a day or two

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well I'll be, the ME:A patch reduced some of the jank.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

finally figured out where your av was from

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

finally figured out where your av was from

I don't know what that is :kiddo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Breaker's Revenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txDmyeEDaY

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dancing around the NDA a bit

Initial Impressions of Quake Champions: There's a pretty good game here buried under some real dumb loving design decisions but it's still early days so it's likely to change.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Look at the nerd

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

it only has one map? lmbo what the gently caress fun is that

i guess thats what esports is? like they want to emulate real sport poo poo, so they only have one field. its pretty dumb if you ask me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ESPORTS

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Role: Assassin

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mechanical engineering

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
at my elderly age of 33 or 34 I dont remember, I think I turn 34 in a few months. I had to ask my wife just now lol. I'm not even drunk.

Anyhow at my advanced age I just DO not and WILL not see the appeal of either Esports or loving twitch poo poo idk. I wish I did and could make cool money off of sitting around playing the same map over and loving over again apparently and get sweet gaming gear but oh well

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the 1st place team in the dota international won 9.1 million bucks last year. it aint real sports money, but its pretty loving crazy to think a handful of chinese nerds got loving paaaaid by clicking their mouse faster than everyone else or whatever

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dont they lock themselves n an apartment, keep the monster and doritos flowing and just play the game like 20hrs a day to practice?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dont they lock themselves n an apartment, keep the monster and doritos flowing and just play the game like 20hrs a day to practice?

yea but probably more ramen and ground up tiger dick tea or whatever weird poo poo they get up to in china. but that 9 mil was split between 6 players and im guessing their manager or whatever. beats the piss outta working at foxconn and contemplating if those nets will actually stop you

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
E sports ain't my thing and thus I'd be totally willing to let it lie but they make it so cringe worthy by trying to emulate ~real~ sports by having them wear jerseys w sponsors, having obnoxious rapid fire announcers, and doing promos where the dudes post up and try to look hard. I also saw a commercial for a vice special on e sports that featured a shot of a dude working out in the gym to prep for his Starcraft match against his rival.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

FastestGunAlive posted:

E sports ain't my thing and thus I'd be totally willing to let it lie but they make it so cringe worthy by trying to emulate ~real~ sports by having them wear jerseys w sponsors, having obnoxious rapid fire announcers, and doing promos where the dudes post up and try to look hard. I also saw a commercial for a vice special on e sports that featured a shot of a dude working out in the gym to prep for his Starcraft match against his rival.

yeah thats the poo poo that trips me out more than anything

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

thats mainly stuff like csgo, dota 2 is a bit more normal as long as its an online tournament

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Jesus loving Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSbXvn-qglA

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bolow posted:

Initial Impressions of Quake Champions: There's a pretty good game here buried under some real dumb loving design decisions but it's still early days so it's likely to change.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

Unreal Tournament is in alpha but is free to play as well

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Reverand maynard posted:

thats mainly stuff like csgo, dota 2 is a bit more normal as long as its an online tournament

Oh ya I'm just talking about stuff I see on tv. To be fair though I peeked the college heroes of the storm thing over summer and it wasn't as bad. Game actually seemed kind of interesting, as far as mobas go. Probably just that blizzard brand familiarity though

Also I wanna see some cool poo poo on tv like a professional 64 player battlefield match or something wild. I'd watch that stuff instead of sterile cs and moba

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:stonk:

I thought you only fought him on the bridge as an optional battle, he comes back?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:stonk:

I thought you only fought him on the bridge as an optional battle, he comes back?

When you knock him off the bridge, you are knocking him into the boss room. The elevator for the short cut right after that bridge has a place you can walk off halfway up. Illusory wall, and then his boss room.

Super hidden.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Role: Assassin

Two Finger posted:

Mechanical engineering

GUTSLUG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Bolow posted:

It's a pretty good game but my computer sucks so I'm getting a lot of frame rate loss. That mixed with me not playing quake multiplayer for any serious amount of time in about 17 years is ending in me getting my rear end kicked a lot.