Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Finally returned my DVD after exams

3000 yen in late fees :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

"I want the ladies to love me."

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Oxxidation posted:

"Meow."

Ryuji sounded like he was going to have a conniption when I picked that reply.

I chose another option without really reading that one until I was pressing X, so I reloaded a save from two days prior just to go back and choose that option. 100% worth it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Where the hell do I need to go to start Yusuke's social link? It isn't plot-initiated, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where the hell do I need to go to start Yusuke's social link? It isn't plot-initiated, right?

the op has great information

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

out of the social links ive finished, i think the Sun is my favorite right now. just a dude who knows he hosed up in the past and is just trying to make a positive change with the things he's learned.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

poo poo guys, I need to pump Charm to get Makoto to keep hanging out with me, what do I do

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Arist posted:

poo poo guys, I need to pump Charm to get Makoto to keep hanging out with me, what do I do

Are you bathing every monday and thursday evening?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arist posted:

Raise the Sun and Devil links. They give+3 charm per rank.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Zore posted:

Raise the Sun and Devil links. They give+3 charm per rank.

In general, P5 encourages evenly distributing confidents more partly because a lot of them are story gated so you can't max out super early in the story like in the past.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

In general, P5 encourages evenly distributing confidents more partly because a lot of them are story gated so you can't max out super early in the story like in the past.

Yeah, Chariot and Lovers are the only ones I found you can really brute force up.

Especially with 4 different auto-leveling arcana in Fool, Magician, Judgement and Justice.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there not a way to check the weather? All these fuckers have smart phones...

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

The fact that I named myself Nick Breckon just keeps getting funnier.

Also Ryuji is a very good guy and I'm glad he's my friend.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

After 6/14 you get a scene with him going to Leblanc to hang with you, and then after that he starts showing up around the Shibuya Underground in the Day where you can talk to him and start his link.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

This info is in the online manual too.
So anyone saying demon negotiation is random is dumb for not checking the demon personality before knocking it down.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

After 6/14 you get a scene with him going to Leblanc to hang with you, and then after that he starts showing up around the Shibuya Underground in the Day where you can talk to him and start his link.

Endorph posted:

the op has great information

Thanks, I got seriously thrown by how long he's been around with no link starting and was wondering if I botched it somehow.

Also, Sojiro is great. This game's premise could just be "Make Sojiro proud of you" and I'd still love it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Other tip is that if you already have the demon, declining a negotiation means they automatically join with you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Thanks, I got seriously thrown by how long he's been around with no link starting and was wondering if I botched it somehow.

Also, Sojiro is great. This game's premise could just be "Make Sojiro proud of you" and I'd still love it.

Sojiro rules and I enjoy his coffee and curry facts.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Oh you just got done with a mini boss and two of your party members are dead. Lets immediately surround you with enemies. I love this game so far but that is the most bullshit thing I have ever seen.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Stuck like right after the halfway point in dungeon 2 I think, I'm trying to find the password to turn off security in the treasure hall lounge. Where the gently caress do I go? Overheard a shadow mentioning that the password at at Madarame's feet or something, I'm lost

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
So I had heard nothing about Mementos, except that every time it comes up in this thread someone inevitably makes a comment about how bad the music is there.

And as soon as I saw I was unlocking it I got a bit worried but thought, pff, how bad could it be it's just goons exaggerating again.

Good god no

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Meiteron posted:

So I had heard nothing about Mementos, except that every time it comes up in this thread someone inevitably makes a comment about how bad the music is there.

And as soon as I saw I was unlocking it I got a bit worried but thought, pff, how bad could it be it's just goons exaggerating again.

Good god no

Hahaha it sounds like a track from OFF stole a lounge singer's face and carelessly slapped it over its own

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

QUE ES FANTOM THIEF?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Stuck like right after the halfway point in dungeon 2 I think, I'm trying to find the password to turn off security in the treasure hall lounge. Where the gently caress do I go? Overheard a shadow mentioning that the password at at Madarame's feet or something, I'm lost

Remember that giant golden Madarame statue you passed by on your way to where you are now?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tae posted:

Except for Ryuji who you can max out by like the end of May

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wonder what level i can get away with on the first dungeon boss on normal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Lord of Hats posted:

I just started but I am glad to hear this, he has the best dirtbag lines in the intro and I love coffee so I was gonna hammer on that S-Link no matter what

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sliding into midterms with a rank 1 in knowledge what uuuuuuup

i got so caught up with getting those good social link skills. I did meet the Sun politician and that dude seems tight

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Ya'll are big babies I like how off kilter the mementos theme sounds and i've spent a poo poo load of time down there.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh good I got wiped by a dude double casting Megido.

The authentic SMT Experience.

Beyond that though I can't overstate how rad the 4th palace is.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
"We're in a life or death situation Yusuke just tell me which goddamn painting!"
"Surely if you study it closely you'll see that..."
*pushes Yusuke off into the void*
"So I'll just be googling with my smartphone then"

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Infinity Gaia posted:

Remember that giant golden Madarame statue you passed by on your way to where you are now?

gently caress me, totally missed that on way up somehow. Thanks!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i wonder if i can goad kamo-whatever...the volleyball rapist guy into killing himself once i "free his heart"..then again if i can do that, it'd probably force me into a bad ending a hundred hours later into the game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tried to get a new demon, but it told I was too weak, gave me a devil fruit, and just walked off.

I've been owned.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

First glimpse of palace 3 and I'm laughing my rear end off.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Oh my god. I have gone a whole palace before realizing that the politician's skill to get more money also lets you get their extra money and then murder them for even more money and juicy experience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am glad I am playing this game in English because the background extra chatter is hilarious.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am glad I am playing this game in English because the background extra chatter is hilarious.

People not playing in English are gonna miss out on Cake Knight Rises, which means they're playing the objectively inferior version.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Was doing real good in the second half of the first Palace until a strong enemy wiped me out, forcing me to fight the mini-boss all over again

Then immediately after that I had to fight a strong enemy and it knocked out Ryuji, but by the time I got away I had already killed someone, and I discovered P5 is another game that doesn't give dead party members EXP, which is a huge annoyance of mine

So now I'm just doing the mini boss for the third time because I'm anal retentive about keeping everyone on the same level and also because gently caress SMT/Persona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bewilderment posted:

This info is in the online manual too.
So anyone saying demon negotiation is random is dumb for not checking the demon personality before knocking it down.

To be fair, assessing which answer counts as Kind for a Timid Shadow or Serious to an Irritable Shadow is so arcane it might as well be loving random.