Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

excellent cat 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Blipshift Restomod sale! How many shirts should I buy? I am tempted by the M3NTAL shirt, but also worry that it might be in poor taste.The Joyride one is probably a yes.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

PaintVagrant posted:

He's a dog, basically

The best sort of cat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Blipshift Restomod sale! How many shirts should I buy? I am tempted by the M3NTAL shirt, but also worry that it might be in poor taste.The Joyride one is probably a yes.
How is it in poor taste?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So there's a building on fire at my apartment complex...

2 alarms at the moment according to the police/fire radio. At least it's not my building (this time).

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I like none of those designs :(

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

InitialDave posted:

How is it in poor taste?

The word "mental" might come off a little insensitive. With a group of like minded Bavaria enthusiasts you're probably fine.

ilkhan posted:

I like none of those designs :(

It has been a miss for me for the past couple of months I feel. I ordered this one the other week because it is nice to have a white tee from time to time https://www.blipshift.com/products/flare-necessities

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The word "mental" might come off a little insensitive. With a group of like minded Bavaria enthusiasts you're probably fine.
If you like the shirt, I wouldn't even worry about it. If someone decides it gets up their nose, they can do one. Wear what you like.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
As a certifiable crazy person, I take offense to people using the number 3 in place of the letter E

Also, it's a graphic tee with a car on it. Everyone who bothers to actually look will assume it's about Top Gear and no one will think it's mocking the mentally ill (unless the person in question is legitimately paranoid and in need of professional help)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

InitialDave posted:

How is it in poor taste?

A5h....

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

M3ritorious
M3llow
M3lquetoast

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Safety chat: parents, would you put your infant with car seat in a NA Miata after removing the passenger airbag? Or would the fact that it's a tiny car with 30 year old collision design make you uncomfortable?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

blk posted:

Safety chat: parents, would you put your infant with car seat in a NA Miata after removing the passenger airbag? Or would the fact that it's a tiny car with 30 year old collision design make you uncomfortable?

I'd relegate it to emergency only status. Doable but not recommended.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I'd relegate it to emergency only status. Doable but not recommended.

This is what I did with my Ranger, and I don't think I ever actually had to do it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

blk posted:

Once or twice or daily?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

My son rode in my Miata all the time once he was older, around 5 yrs. Personally I would not have a child in the passenger seat of a Miata until they are old enough to use a booster seat.

Also you don't have to remove the airbag, just disable it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I never have a lot of car stuff to add here, so I'll just add this for Rhyno.

Stick to counting calories and lifting; protein powder is a good supplement as is maybe a preworkout. I started eating right and lifting weights again seriously at the beginning of February. I'm already down 26lbs from 437 to 410.8. Just stick with it and it'll be awesome.

I lift to lose this weight, obviously, and to get loving strong. It's awesome being the fat guy at the Y and having a 350lb deadlift and a 185lb bench press. It's also great being there nearly every day putting in a lot of work and losing weight. Don't be intimidated by anyone at the gym, the ones there to workout and grow will at worst leave you alone and at best support you. Everyone else is there for some other reason than to get fit and I have no time for them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Dear thread,

Media blasting is awesome and I like it a lot.

Love, KakerMix

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It has been a miss for me for the past couple of months I feel. I ordered this one the other week because it is nice to have a white tee from time to time https://www.blipshift.com/products/flare-necessities
I ordered one the other day (its like my 4th or 5th blipshift shirt), but its been miss for a long time for me, too. It was the human torque wrench shirt, I think it was mentioned in the thread here.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Speaking of Miatas, I literally just bought a pair of seats from an NA6 that had been wrapped around a pole. Thank the Lord for teenagers and rainy weather

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
420 hp

smoke tires erry day
https://vimeo.com/212179225

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Hope you guys are all excited for war in Syria.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Well our PM is merrily following your Cheeto in Chief in, so we can all get involved in the poo poo storm together.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

Well our PM is merrily following your Cheeto in Chief in, so we can all get involved in the poo poo storm together.

Goddamn loving moron Turdbull is

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah don't use those, there's no actual scientific evidence they do poo poo other than give you a massive dose of caffeine and some spicy bits.

Current plan is better, just keep to it.

I hope I can keep this up. I'm gonna need to sort out my diet and food intake because I am hungry as poo poo all the time now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

Terrible idea

Your wife should be mad at you if you actually mentioned that idea to her

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Ferremit posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Goddamn loving moron Turdbull is

Being world police will totally work this time!

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Using sarin on kids is not cool, and air strikes are not the same as feet on the ground.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

In any case, whoever's in charge of making sure that the Cheeto behaves like a good boy did an amazing job today. If it were not for him being in Florida instead of DC for what might very well be the start of WW3, it would've almost seemed presidential

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

rdb posted:

Using sarin on kids is not cool, and air strikes are not the same as feet on the ground.

Don't forget: All those dead Syrian kids on TV? They're literally the same people as the refugees your country didnt want. Let alone the thousands of civilians who keep dying from bombs marked "Made in the USA"

The USA has the moral highground for jackshit.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

rdb posted:

At risk of sounding like an insane conspiracy theorist: You can't decontaminate sarin with bare hands and feet!

Whatever happened there is so new and there is no independent information. Governments' and news organizations' willingness to trust the rebels (who are al-qaeda, btw) baffles me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So apparently the fire here started in a vacant apartment.

Nobody hurt, found out there's been several dumpster fires next to that building recently (how the gently caress did I not know this before?). :catstare: I'm sure the random dumpster fires and a fire in a vacant apartment are completely unrelated, right? :ohdear:

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The article I read said someone showed a US radar track of the plane that dropped the bombs on Tuesday taking off and returning to the base he attacked. I am suspicious of news and videos coming out of the region myself, but if we have our own evidence? The chemical weapons spawned the whole war in Syria to begin with. It's a loosing situation all around.

Also I can assure you the barrel bombs, Sarin, fighter jets etc that Assad is using don't say made in the USA. And we at least let the refugees that we take from the Middle East onto the mainland, and don't keep them on some dumb island prison. No one can claim a moral high ground.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

After several days the ATT guys got a new line run. I went from 18/1Mbps to 120/120 fiber-to-the-premise :jackbud:

poo poo is crisp

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

There are no good answers on how to respond but holy hell chemical nerve agents? What hath been brought on us all.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Don't forget: All those dead Syrian kids on TV? They're literally the same people as the refugees your country didnt want. Let alone the thousands of civilians who keep dying from bombs marked "Made in the USA"

The USA has the moral highground for jackshit.

Please, banning refugees was one of the least bad things we've done in the region in 2016. American planes refueled Saudi bombers that were attacking civilians in Yemen, meaning that the US is not only turning a blind eye to the suffering that we've wrought, but complicit in legit war crimes

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I really enjoy viewing this thread as the "having a beer in the garage talking about random poo poo while only one of you actually works on a car" thread because then all the political arguing just sounds like my one crazy friend Thomas who believes in the illuminati and lizard people.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

^^^^ Edit : Respecting Moderator request made as I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Still off sick from work cos it feels like theres slugs having an orgy in my sinuses and the goo keeps running out of my nose non stop. This is bad cos im spending all my time watching youtube videos and now im on gumtree looking at WAY too big mills and lathes and trying to work out how to afford them and get them home into my shop...

• Locked thread