Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FizFashizzle posted:

from my elbow

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I know, jesus clean up your wrappers.

I bought a weight, for lifting it. we'll see how it goes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's kept me from locking out for about two years.

Been causing residual problems in triceps and firearms. O

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Psycho Society posted:

I bought a weight, for lifting it. we'll see how it goes

Cant you just go to the gym

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Cant you just go to the gym

i could do that.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Hex DL'ed 405 today. I'm coming up on the 4 plate club soon my friends

Prepare the champagne

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they got a lot of weights

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Pre workout poop was fantastic, a good omen.

Edit: Great lift, but I have lost nearly 6 pounds in the span of 3 days :stare:

Constipated fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 6, 2017

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

buddhanc posted:

Prepare the champagne

405 is 4 plates. 45x9=450 (8 45lb plates and an olympic bar is 45lbs)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Got a new 1rm on my overhead press - 255 lbs. Tried to video it and put it on Instagram, but the camera angle is about as unflattering as it can get. Still gonna post the video even though I'm sure mocking will commence.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSgIZEyBIHu/

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That is a super wide grip. And a lot of weight.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

buddhanc posted:

Prepare the champagne

you got it congrats

learn to math

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

E_P posted:

405 is 4 plates. 45x9=450 (8 45lb plates and an olympic bar is 45lbs)
Hex is about 52 pounds, throws off all the calculations and confuses my friend when I tell him what I picked up and set back down.
E: So 4 plates on a Hex is 412.

Constipated posted:

Pre workout poop was fantastic, a good omen.

Edit: Great lift, but I have lost nearly 6 pounds in the span of 3 days :stare:
Maybe it was a really big poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hex is about 52 pounds, throws off all the calculations and confuses my friend when I tell him what I picked up and set back down.
E: So 4 plates on a Hex is 412.

so you didnt deadlift it

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

Got a new 1rm on my overhead press - 255 lbs. Tried to video it and put it on Instagram, but the camera angle is about as unflattering as it can get. Still gonna post the video even though I'm sure mocking will commence.

Very strong, impressive.

And you are correct: that is the least flattering angle possible... all belly, double chin, armpit, and the hole in your shirt

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

LanceHunter posted:

You are actually strong, escape this thread while you can

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

FizFashizzle posted:

so you didnt deadlift it
You talking to me or him?

Him: it depends. It's the same weight, but on a hex (which is, imo, a bit easier). It's also not 4 physical plates, though I'm curious how he got 7 lbs less using plate math. Maybe just simplifying it by calling the hex 45 lbs? So, yes and no?

E: derp. Just remembered he said he wasn't at 4 plates yet. So, 3 plates, a 35, a 5, and ... a 1.5? Do 1.5s even exist?

Me: Nope. Personal max is 372 on a hex.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 6, 2017

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah sorry guys, I meant coming up on the 4 plate official deadlift club. Hex is usually a good indicator on my upcoming DL progress.

E- had no idea the hex bar is 52 pounds either :wow:
I didn't realize that post would cause such controversy. I just count the hex bar as 45. I had 4 45's on each side and called it 405

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 6, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

FizFashizzle posted:

from my elbow

Post your favorite loose body

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LanceHunter posted:

ready to punish those globalists, dog

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Its turning the FREAKING frogs (:frogon:) gay.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I went back to ab wheel stuff 3 days ago and the first set everything went fine, then on the second set I could feel the muscles below my belly button had already been shredded like tissue paper (the bad kind of shredded) from 6 months of neglect. My core was still in shape from the big 4, but now when I sit-up or move I get a nice little surprise depending on which muscles are being used. I forgot how much abs get worked in chin-ups yesterday, too.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

LanceHunter posted:

That was a good one!

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Knight posted:

I forgot how much abs get worked in chin-ups yesterday, too.
We have 3 options here:
*1st is this guy is potentially playing the long con. Waiting for someone to be like, uh bro you are hanging from the chest down in a perfect chin up only your arms move. When this happens he is gonna spring and be like you idiot I never specified how much theyre used obviously its 0, thus puppet mastering one of us. I would say 20%.
*2nd and more likey is this guy is kipping like a mad man on chinups but this one almost defines logic because if you kip from a neutral grip you are gonna be loving your wrists up because the forward momentum isnt stopped by a bar like on a pull up. I would say 75%.
*3rd and a late comer. This guy does not know what a chin up is and is confusing it for something else. I would put this at 5%.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
If you chin and hold your torso at a stationary angle through the entire movement you will feel it in your abs. A lot? No. But if you ever work your abs and brace your abs you'll feel it more than you'd expect to.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I wear a backpack with weights on my chest for chinups and ill definitely fatigue my abs a bit. Not like with direct ab work, but something. the backpack positioning might cause me to try to counteract the weight by curling forward though

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
wtf core exercise should i be doing that isn't miserable? leg raises or some poo poo? PLANKS?!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

front squats

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

E_P posted:

We have 3 options here:
*1st is this guy is potentially playing the long con. Waiting for someone to be like, uh bro you are hanging from the chest down in a perfect chin up only your arms move. When this happens he is gonna spring and be like you idiot I never specified how much theyre used obviously its 0, thus puppet mastering one of us. I would say 20%.
*2nd and more likey is this guy is kipping like a mad man on chinups but this one almost defines logic because if you kip from a neutral grip you are gonna be loving your wrists up because the forward momentum isnt stopped by a bar like on a pull up. I would say 75%.
*3rd and a late comer. This guy does not know what a chin up is and is confusing it for something else. I would put this at 5%.
I only said something because it surprised me, too, but certain abdominal muscles are most certainly stimulated by a pull/chin-up that aren't by the big 4. I was expecting a couple more days of recovery before another ab exercise and didn't expect it to be a factor (never was before). Made me paranoid that they would be a factor in deadlifts, but they weren't, only in the accessories I haven't done in 6 months. :shrug:

http://pullupbar-chinupbar.com/articles/muscles-worked-in-a-pull-up/

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
#4. Chance that this guy poops with correct form - 0%

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TenementFunster posted:

wtf core exercise should i be doing that isn't miserable? leg raises or some poo poo? PLANKS?!

Just get ab implants!

LOOKS PERFECTLY NATURAL

Khorne
May 1, 2002

LanceHunter posted:

You have plat but can't receive private messages. How long have you been lifting for? I hope to one day lift that much.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 8, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hello abs

I now have abs and lovehandles

Is my body just broken now, am i too old to get rid of these hanldes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yeah.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Man, it's saturday and i'm tired as gently caress but im gonna go to the gym anyway

thank god for preworkout

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
the more tired i am the better i lift

naem
May 29, 2011

Zzulu posted:

hello abs

I now have abs and lovehandles

Is my body just broken now, am i too old to get rid of these hanldes

It's just fuel for more abs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

recovering from elbow surgery

can't do poo poo

this sucks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just ate a few slices of salami and a poached egg for breakfast

gonna go lift now

god bles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

FizFashizzle posted:

recovering from elbow surgery

can't do poo poo

this sucks

You can eat. A lot.