Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I missed the vending machines in Shibuya for a little while so I had to take a tiny second trip to Kamoshida's Palace for the two Eligor fights and lovely Blob Mara, because I had no SP since like the Archangel (boy am I glad he had the most obvious pattern ever!) and no items left either. That was annoying but I feel like I made up for it to myself by beating the boss at level 9 on Merciless. Tarukaja + Rakunda + Skull Cracker was ludicrous for that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

So is Makoto basically who the game assumes is the default waifu kind of like Rise in 4

I'm kinda getting that vibe from her scenes so far

I always assumed the default waifu is Lovers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Shortest Path posted:

I always assumed the default waifu is Lovers.
You can't do your bro Morgana dirty like this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

So is Makoto basically who the game assumes is the default waifu kind of like Rise in 4

I'm kinda getting that vibe from her scenes so far

Makoto is basically the default love interest, yes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm sure most people in this thread already know this but Makoto is extremely cool and I am glad she has finally joined the party. Her being around made up for dungeon 3 being kinda bad. The first half was pretty decent and had a great theme, but the 2nd half was super lame and filled with demons who were strong against physical which sucked pretty bad.

Also, I really feel like i'm always a step or 2 behind where i'm expected to be with social stats. Only got Guts and Prof at level 3 and although i've spent the last few days grinding Knowledge and Charm for social links they still haven't changed. Post-dungeon 3 what level should my stats really be at to not get gated by anything coming up soon?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Baal posted:

Makoto is basically the default love interest, yes.

That's cool. It doesn't bother me one way more or the other, just idly curious if I was reading it right :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It makes the most sense, since out of the Phantom Thieves she is the best.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I really feel like i'm always a step or 2 behind where i'm expected to be with social stats. Only got Guts and Prof at level 3 and although i've spent the last few days grinding Knowledge and Charm for social links they still haven't changed. Post-dungeon 3 what level should my stats really be at to not get gated by anything coming up soon?

I'm at the same place (like dungeon 3 is clear with ~13 days left) and have all 2s except Prof 3.

I'm a little worried about this too, but I feel like I'm right about on par bc most of them have to be ready to rollover anytime now. I think it's weird how you can get the maid service and what I assume is a weapon shop owner S Link very early but likely won't have the Guts for a very long time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

JT Jag posted:

But on the other hand

Hell yes I can

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

God, I don't even have a single stat up to 2 and I'm done with the first dungeon. What the hell does it take? I've studied and read so much...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

he's just a horndog like teddie; I love her.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ann's S-link is kinda bleh and that soured me on her a bit.

She's still okay, but she really drops out of prominence in the story as soon as Makoto comes in.

Even Morgana isn't as obsessive about her. Though goddamn I think I need to switch her out of my battle party because his line about her being beautiful is driving me up the wall.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to be honest, guys: I don't know which girl to date.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zore posted:

She's still okay, but she really drops out of prominence in the story as soon as Makoto comes in.

Even Morgana isn't as obsessive about her. Though goddamn I think I need to switch her out of my battle party because his line about her being beautiful is driving me up the wall.

This is fair. I like Ann, she's cool, but her slink is very whatever. Beep boop traditional femininity stuff. :shrug:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guts seems like a weird stat to me in these games. Like I'm not brave enough to tell a guy to apologize to Ryuji for daring to cut him in line but I can travel to an alternative dimension and fight hoards of demons?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

I'm not too far into it but Ann seems a lot goofier in her S Link than in the main story. It's kinda weird. Though I guess in the main plot there has been a couple of scenes of her and Ryuji goofing off as well.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

My inner hipster won't let me go for Makoto please send help

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's a lot of girls so i'm sure you'll be fine.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not too far into it but Ann seems a lot goofier in her S Link than in the main story. It's kinda weird. Though I guess in the main plot there has been a couple of scenes of her and Ryuji goofing off as well.

Yeah, she's naturally pretty goofy. Its just the poo poo going on during the intro, what with her best friend trying to commit suicide and all the pressure for sex from the teacher, makes her very much in a 'gently caress your poo poo' mood.

Go for Hifumi, friend.

Or suck it up and date all the girls.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There's a lot of girls so i'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm gonna send you like five long text mesage chains before the month is out about how we can't be sure I'll be fine.

I mean I probably will be but WHAT IF???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is Sae an option because goddamn.

Otherwise, Tae and Sadayo are both excellent choices.

(That's the detective in the flash-forwards, the punk nurse, and the teacher for those of you who can't keep all the Japanese names straight)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm gonna send you like five long text mesage chains before the month is out about how we can't be sure I'll be fine.

i'm not going to read them.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hifumi and no one else.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zore posted:

Yeah, she's naturally pretty goofy. Its just the poo poo going on during the intro, what with her best friend trying to commit suicide and all the pressure for sex from the teacher, makes her very much in a 'gently caress your poo poo' mood.

Go for Hifumi, friend.

Or suck it up and date all the girls.

I would love to play D&D with Hifumi but I dunno about dating her

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

People who have never played a Persona game before, how are you feeling this game so far?

I haven't been this into a jRPG since the Playstation 1 days, and I really love jRPGs.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

I mean I probably will be but WHAT IF???
Have you considered celibacy?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Go for makoto so you can make the team mom and team dad be together

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

I would love to play D&D with Hifumi but I dunno about dating her

Look, if you can't date someone you can play D&D with, who can you date?

Otherwise you could always date the all the older ladies like the drunk reporter, or the doctor who experiments on you, or your teacher who you pay to come to your house as a cat maid all the time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Zore posted:

Look, if you can't date someone you can play D&D with, who can you date?

Otherwise you could always date the all the older ladies like the drunk reporter, or the doctor who experiments on you, or your teacher who you pay to come to your house as a cat maid all the time.

Does Hifumi have any "lets go to the movies" scenes because I imagine they're uhhh...interesting if they exist

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
can you date sae

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I finished up Palace #4 and these dungeons sure are getting way more involved and it's great.

Also it's absolutely the best so far I look forward to seeing how others feel about that section.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

can you date sae

No

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I finished up Palace #4 and these dungeons sure are getting way more involved and it's great.

Also it's absolutely the best so far I look forward to seeing how others feel about that section.

Its fantastic overall. I just finished it myself.

The two weeks after are also really good.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The Shortest Path posted:

Is Sae an option because goddamn.

Otherwise, Tae and Sadayo are both excellent choices.

(That's the detective in the flash-forwards, the punk nurse, and the teacher for those of you who can't keep all the Japanese names straight)

Tae is a doctor, not a nurse :mad:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I just see her as i-no from guilty gear

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tae is wonderful but Sensei is bestei

glasses-idiot
Oct 23, 2014

please stop yelling at my pregnant wife
I can't wait to see if Morgana ends up being a beautiful blonde bouncing baby boy like Teddie in Persona 4 Golden.

On that note, playing this has made me want to dust off my old copy of P4G but part of me is afraid that all the QoL changes might make p4g really frustrating to replay.

I have Persona 3 for the ps2 and haven't touched it since it came out, and I wonder the same thing about that game.

glasses-idiot fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 7, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

glasses-idiot posted:

I can't wait to see if Morgana ends up being a beautiful blonde bouncing baby boy like Teddie in Personal 4 Golden.

On that note, playing this has made me want to dust off my old copy of P4G but part of me is afraid that all the QoL changes might make p4g really frustrating to replay.

I have Persona 3 for the ps2 and haven't touched it since it came out, and I wonder the same thing about that game.

Persona 3 on PS2 will drive you up the wall if you use Direct Commands option for your party in P5/P4 and the ability to use direct commands in P3 PSP makes that game the definitive version for me, even before FeMC and despite the pared back presentation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I just realized based on the incidental dialogue that Goro has been using the same train line as me the entire game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Persona 3 on PS2 will drive you up the wall if you use Direct Commands option for your party in P5/P4 and the ability to use direct commands in P3 PSP makes that game the definitive version for me, even before FeMC and despite the pared back presentation.

Yeah, OG P3 was painful as hell to go back to after P4. I can't imagine trying it now.

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glasses-idiot
Oct 23, 2014

please stop yelling at my pregnant wife

Zore posted:

Yeah, OG P3 was painful as hell to go back to after P4. I can't imagine trying it now.

:shepicide:

it's a shame about the og P3.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

getting the psp p3 and p4g as a collection on psn would be super neat but i'm not holding out hope for that.