Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zore posted:

Not quite true. You only get EXP for the one you negotiated with if you negotiate, but if you kill the rest and negotiate the last one you get the same EXP.

poo poo, so this is why I kept getting hosed up exp going through the first palace. Like I'd fight 4 enemies and extort one for yen and get 6 exp. I'm just going to kill everything I already have in my compendium from now on, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Do you still unlock high-level persona for clearing confidants, and are there any I should go out of my way to finish for that reason?

I was trying to find a list on Google and couldn't

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

wizard on a water slide posted:

Do you still unlock high-level persona for clearing confidants, and are there any I should go out of my way to finish for that reason?

I was trying to find a list on Google and couldn't

You do, but as usual it's going to be a while before you're fusing level 80 personas so no rush

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Here's my view: Tae, is more like Bae

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:hai:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is the best way to raise Proficiency the batting cages, because I'm really bad at that apparently. I guess I can just craft stuff at night.

Do party members still get SL points through the story? Ryuji's at SL 3 and he's not ready to rank up yet but if I can get points for him through the story then it'll save me a day hanging out with him so that I can go study or something.

Also should you ever spend days on working? Like I'm sure the extra yen is good for pumping stats but I feel like I really want to maximize the time to get my stats and SL buddies up.

I'm still quite early, just a few days before the first deadline, but I should have all day to play tomorrow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is the best way to raise Proficiency the batting cages, because I'm really bad at that apparently. I guess I can just craft stuff at night.
Crafting is the most efficient if you reload for +3 since its annoying and can roll either +2 or +3. You can tell if you got the bonus if at least one of your crafts made an extra item if you don't want to sit through the whole process every time.

quote:

Do party members still get SL points through the story? Ryuji's at SL 3 and he's not ready to rank up yet but if I can get points for him through the story then it'll save me a day hanging out with him so that I can go study or something.

Very, very rarely. I can only think of like twice I've gotten it, and I'm in September.

quote:

Also should you ever spend days on working? Like I'm sure the extra yen is good for pumping stats but I feel like I really want to maximize the time to get my stats and SL buddies up.

There's one S Link you unlock by doing the Beef Bowl job (Sun), and there are a few memento minibosses you need to do a part time job to trigger.

Also Flower Ship is great for raising your Kindness since its about the only thing that gives +2.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

So far (entering August) proficiency has had by far the least checks of any of the stats so I wouldn't worry too much about pumping it early on, getting it to rank 2 lasts you a long time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm into the 20's of May and the only proficiency check I've had at all was getting beaned by a piece of chalk on like day 3 or 4 of the game, or around that time.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Fumbled my way through a handful of Justine & Caroline requests but I fundamentally have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
Is Demon Fusion with the intent of a specific demon+ability just a case of the Look It Up Online's?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm into the 20's of May and the only proficiency check I've had at all was getting beaned by a piece of chalk on like day 3 or 4 of the game, or around that time.

Yusuke needs 3 or 4 for a middle rank of his chain, and it comes up in a few other links.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need rank 4 proficiency to move Yusuke's confidant past Rank 5, otherwise I can't recall many circumstances where you'd need proficiency to be high. Guts, Knowledge, and Charm end up being biggest blocks more often than anything else, but Kindness will also occasionally show up to gently caress you.

FauxLeather posted:

Fumbled my way through a handful of Justine & Caroline requests but I fundamentally have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
Is Demon Fusion with the intent of a specific demon+ability just a case of the Look It Up Online's?

Demon types when fused together do have specific types they fuse into, but the game itself does not list this chart nor make it really simple to remember it, so yes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FauxLeather posted:

Part of it is a test on both P5 and general Persona game knowledge. You can probably guess what will make what if you're really into the series. But you're meant to play around and work it out by playing

But just look it up online, it's going to be an exercise in frustration otherwise.

e: Not deep enough to have Yusuke's link yet. I only just just got him for my squad. He seems pretty cool though, outside of his name basically being the same as Yosuke's from 4. He's cooler than that dweeb though. Who isn't tbf

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 7, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

However, please consider, you're going to need to be proficient if you want to eat the cosmic burger. I know I'm stating the obvious here but still

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zore posted:

Yeah, OG P3 was painful as hell to go back to after P4. I can't imagine trying it now.

:shepicide:
Yosuke using Tentarafoo is P4's version of that. On top of that, you get Yukiko casting Mudo on everything as much as possible, even bosses.

Captain Baal posted:

Demon types when fused together do have specific types they fuse into, but the game itself does not list this chart nor make it really simple to remember it, so yes.
Yeah it would be such a huge QoL improvement if it let you look up an Arcana and showed you which Arcanas you have used previously to fuse it. Something like that would be a huge help. Although at least P4G has the Search feature.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 7, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I apparently didn't progress Ryuji's S-Link at the right pace because it's been stuck at level 5 for forever, he hasn't sent me a hangout text in ages, and I can't find where he's hanging out on days that the Thieves Guild says I can hang out with him. It's kinda irritating.

In terms of fusion talk, I've tried to make a point to fuse Growth onto as many Personas as I can. Helps keep them relevant.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you're following along with the guide on gamefaqs to try and max as much as you can, it doesn't make a good point at all of telling you that you should have a matching arcana from the get go if possible. It does say to do it but not very clearly. I just stopped bothering with it after my Ryuji link fell an event behind.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JT Jag posted:

I apparently didn't progress Ryuji's S-Link at the right pace because it's been stuck at level 5 for forever, he hasn't sent me a hangout text in ages, and I can't find where he's hanging out on days that the Thieves Guild says I can hang out with him. It's kinda irritating.

In terms of fusion talk, I've tried to make a point to fuse Growth onto as many Personas as I can. Helps keep them relevant.

When you press R1 to go to the map and look at the station lines, press square. It'll list who is available at each location, and even if they'll rank up.

....i just found out too

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you're following along with the guide on gamefaqs to try and max as much as you can, it doesn't make a good point at all of telling you that you should have a matching arcana from the get go if possible. It does say to do it but not very clearly. I just stopped bothering with it after my Ryuji link fell an event behind.
That's the one thing I've gotten right

I'm following that guide but everything went to poo poo for me when I had to take two days to do Kamoshida's Castle. It's still useful as a general guide to remind me which day x stat boosting needs to be done, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants in regards to my Confidant levels.

Artelier posted:

When you press R1 to go to the map and look at the station lines, press square. It'll list who is available at each location, and even if they'll rank up.

....i just found out too
Get the gently caress outta here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Artelier posted:

....i just found out too

Gah

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've had the game since Tuesday and I'm still in the tutorial. Stupid work.

I'm planning on becoming a hermit this weekend and doing very little else other than playing it.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I am still fckin steamed that Akira/protagonist got his life ruined because he tried to stop some piece of poo poo from raping a woman, all hail glorious Nippon

I wonder how many unreported rapes there are in Japan, probably a fuckton

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there actually dungeon fatigue like in P3 or do your party members just say "I'm tired" because they're low on HP/SP? I don't remember any tutorial about it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Is there actually dungeon fatigue like in P3 or do your party members just say "I'm tired" because they're low on HP/SP? I don't remember any tutorial about it

The latter

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Will picking the rudest reply to Sojiro every time affect the game or a relationship in any negative way? If he's gonna be a dick to me, I'm gonna be a dick to him, that's just how I roll

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Phyresis posted:

Will picking the rudest reply to Sojiro every time affect the game or a relationship in any negative way? If he's gonna be a dick to me, I'm gonna be a dick to him, that's just how I roll

He'll probably rank up slower if your rude during his confidant events. Normal story stuff? Go nuts.

His link is already the slowest in the game tho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Phyresis posted:

I am still fckin steamed that Akira/protagonist got his life ruined because he tried to stop some piece of poo poo from raping a woman, all hail glorious Nippon

Yeah, unreported rapes only happen in japan you sheltered man.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phyresis posted:

The whole point is that he's getting hosed over because the dude he tried to stop was chief of police or someone important anyway (I haven't got that far in the story), that's not like a normal thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

america, also has a shitton of unreported rapes, along with every other country in the world

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

rape naysh :japan:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a general point make sure you are doing the Strength link. For the 2nd and 3rd boss the persona they wanted me to make was a major part of my success. In terms of social stats I am just about to take the final in July and have finally manged to raise my charm to 3 (started late on the sun s-link) which is equal to every other stat I have besides knowledge which is 4.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

As a general point make sure you are doing the Strength link. For the 2nd and 3rd boss the persona they wanted me to make was a major part of my success. In terms of social stats I am just about to take the final in July and have finally manged to raise my charm to 3 (started late on the sun s-link) which is equal to every other stat I have besides knowledge which is 4.

jesus, either your s links are lower than mine or I've somehow wasted a LOT of time

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

wizard on a water slide posted:

jesus, either your s links are lower than mine or I've somehow wasted a LOT of time

My social links are a bit lopsided. In general I prefer just getting the stats up first so that when it comes to a second play through I can just relax and focus on the links.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My Akira is an absolute dunce with a 1 in knowledge while everything else is 2, with some definitely nearing 3.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol sorry other girls Plague Doctor sells invig accessories so my heart belongs to her now. And my wallet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The whole point is that he's getting hosed over because the dude he tried to stop was chief of police or someone important anyway (I haven't got that far in the story), that's not like a normal thing.

Politician, judging by his comments in the opening scene.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hes anime Spider Jerusalem

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

Lol sorry other girls Plague Doctor sells invig accessories so my heart belongs to her now. And my wallet.
At just rank 3, she sells items that fully heal the party in safe rooms for under 4k so I think I have to marry her

Makoto cute tho

P5 is already better than P4 because they not only added a punk goth girl to hang with but they added two and I feel personally attacked

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 7, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm about to send the 2nd calling card. Can I still explore the dungeon during that sequence? I missed 1 locked chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah you can. Be careful tho cause the enemies are at 99% alert the day you send the calling card and I assume you can be kicked out if you get spotted, but killing them still drops it