Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Is everybody having fun playing Menu Navigation Simulator 2017...

I don't get the point of requiring all the different mats/items. I can't see how doing it this way makes them any more money than if it was just straight currency, and it just causes you to grind an even less fun part of the game than the grinding part that's actually supposed to be fun.

I did finally get the 500 lapis for legendary thief at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
What's the generally accepted priority for leveling limit bursts? I just got Cecil to 25% and now I'm actually getting a decent number of 3k burst pots from eggs. I've got Exdeath and Elza at around level 3 right now, so I was figuring it should be either of them unless there's someone else I'm missing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what's the consensus on these units? Olive tier? Or better/worse?

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So what's the consensus on these units? Olive tier? Or better/worse?

What I've gleaned

Fryevia is a hybrid, has some decent skills and the ice version of divine ruination. She's held back by a lackluster weapon selection and a crappy element, and to get the most out of her you need her TMR and a duplicate.

Xon is potentially broken with Twist of Fate to steal broken boss buffs. Otherwise he is better Locke.

Aiden is the Bedile of healers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What's the generally accepted priority for leveling limit bursts? I just got Cecil to 25% and now I'm actually getting a decent number of 3k burst pots from eggs. I've got Exdeath and Elza at around level 3 right now, so I was figuring it should be either of them unless there's someone else I'm missing.

I'd put some work in to Y'shtola because her LB is a damage reduction effect, but I'm planning to focus all my LB pots in to Olive instead for more damage. Cecil's LB is a decent choice too for bigger buff numbers I guess.

Shingouryu posted:

What I've gleaned

Fryevia is a hybrid, has some decent skills and the ice version of divine ruination. She's held back by a lackluster weapon selection and a crappy element, and to get the most out of her you need her TMR and a duplicate.

Xon is potentially broken with Twist of Fate to steal broken boss buffs. Otherwise he is better Locke.

Aiden is the Bedile of healers.

Bedile could only dream of his TMR being as useful as Aiden's auto-refresh vest.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Xon basically takes care of ever needing to steal anything ever again with Waylay, plus he can nick buffs from bosses which is pretty cool.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

turnways posted:

Xon basically takes care of ever needing to steal anything ever again with Waylay, plus he can nick buffs from bosses which is pretty cool.

Yea the steal all command alone makes him worth it.

I went ahead and tried a pull 11 and ended up getting 2 of him, nothing else though. But I wanted a Xon, so perfectly happy with that. Wish I could give the 2nd one away to someone else though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh the new units are good? guess i better log in and daily pull while i ca-

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have likem 50% of a Fryevya TM right now and I'm genuinely annoyed because I'm never pulling her. And these moogles were supposed to have a 0.25% chance of appearing!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

reminder that i played from soft launch through march 2nd with only a single rainbow during that span, which was Rakshasha, and since march 2nd ive pulled Ramza, Luneth, Gilgamesh, and Olive. i used probably 60 tickets during that time and everything else was daily half price. just keep at it guys, and also i understand if anyone in my previous position hates me now, especially since my first thought when i saw Olive was "oh man, i was sorta hoping it was TG Cid"

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Pretty lucky goons in this thread I better log in and daily pull while I ca-

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

reminder that i played from soft launch through march 2nd with only a single rainbow during that span, which was Rakshasha, and since march 2nd ive pulled Ramza, Luneth, Gilgamesh, and Olive. i used probably 60 tickets during that time and everything else was daily half price. just keep at it guys, and also i understand if anyone in my previous position hates me now, especially since my first thought when i saw Olive was "oh man, i was sorta hoping it was TG Cid"
"Fine, I guess I'll use 5 more tick-"
*Rainbow*
Your post is magic cause I just got loving Noctis. So long Rain!

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
So, I'm using this event to cruise through the story since I was only up to Olderion and most of the recent events have been pretty energy demanding. There's definitely a correlation between enemy level and eggs, but it also seems to count bosses extra- those four battle stages ending in a generic boss tend to give about half again as many eggs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Veritas and Dark Fina gave me a good 4K too.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I wish I had tickets/lapis for a few extra pulls, I really want a Xon for future-proofing. (I'm pretty sure Dark Ifrt/Siren have giant buffs if you piss them off, which would be good to steal)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
How about, instead of trolling us with the red/blue egg give a way they gave this morning and talking about the outrage in pricing for some of the crafting...why don't they just adjust the pricing?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Because I'm dumb and want Xon for the AOE steal and possibility of breaking some fights with Twist of Fate I did 5 more ticket pulls...

Sazh
Faris
Ludmille
Zidane #4
Freyvia

Fine game you win I'll stop* pulling on this banner. I'm not even sure how I'll fit her on a team already having Orlandu and Olive. :psyduck:

* probably still doing 1/2 dailies since I still want Xon goddamnit.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 7, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

hagie posted:

How about, instead of trolling us with the red/blue egg give a way they gave this morning and talking about the outrage in pricing for some of the crafting...why don't they just adjust the pricing?

The reason for that giveaway wasn't because of prices, it was because there was a glitch that made you not get those recipes even though you opened the chests.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Daily pull Thursday - Xon

Ticket from 300 lapis bundle yesterday - Rainbow - Fryevia

Friday daily pull - blue - gold - rainbow- Emperor

What an unlikely streak.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

oh the new units are good? guess i better log in and daily pull while i ca-

Hell yeah welcome to the KABOOM MOTHERFUCKERS club. Her TM has just now become your number one priority. Feed all moogles into it and I strongly would consider Lapis refresh grinding to max it. Doublehand is next but a lower priority as Sparky has a much greater +ATK boost.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is my 6th and 7th Mercedes and my 7th Chizuru.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
44 pulls no fryevia

Have 7 xons though, maybe I can do something with that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It looks like Xon/Freyvia/Aiden aren't timed exclusives? Thought they were at first.

Additioally, new players should consider stockpiling extra magic/radiant eggs since they're 10% atk/def or mag/spr so they're basically the same as hero rings when used on non-hybrids.

Cartoon Man posted:

Hell yeah welcome to the KABOOM MOTHERFUCKERS club. Her TM has just now become your number one priority. Feed all moogles into it and I strongly would consider Lapis refresh grinding to max it. Doublehand is next but a lower priority as Sparky has a much greater +ATK boost.

To give an example on this: my Olive only has Sparky for her TM right now and she has over 800ATK. Meanwhile my Orlandu won't be over 800atk until the black hood, blade mastery, and maybe power of creation are finished. Though one's a chainer and the other is a finisher so it's not a good direct comparison because Trueshot landing in the middle of a DR chain is wonderful for making bosses disappear (then again, so is the DR chain itself).

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Dana Crysalis posted:

Still Marie as my only 5*. Got Xon with 3 tickets though so, meh.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Whaled and spent all my tickets and most of my lapis chasing Noct and Greg, got Marie.
Spent every King Mog ticket and all dailies on FFT banner, got no banner units.
Got Fran and Elle and some other junk on this banner so far.

My second 5* base isn't the absolute worst pull, but all the trash on FFT was pretty disheartening.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dana Crysalis posted:

I didn't get a single gold+ crystal through the entire Orlandu event, and my blues were mostly Shadow and Sabin.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

hell yeah!! :hfive:

yeah i am like 5%~ from finishing Bracer, then my Power of Creation is only at 46% and nothing else is appreciably high. i think Ramza is only at 3% as i havent had the chance to macro much since i got him. i am thinking Sparky/Doublehand/Brave Suit/Celestial Glove, then I am not sure what to be doing with that last slot. Power of creation would be 30% attack and could go with my other 30% attack, which would mean she could still use another TM. Black Cowl is still best in slot for head I assume and bracer/celestial for the accessories. so it'll take a bit but i can do a pretty reasonable facsimile of a whale unit now :c00l:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got my hopes up for Xon 3 times for gold crystals this banner and got Rosa #4, Agrias #7, and Luka #2

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Daily log in reward ticket: gold, maybe Xon!...Soliel.
Daily half price pull: another gold, let's hope this time!...Nine.

Well trolled game, well trolled.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Daily log in reward ticket: gold, maybe Xon!...Soliel.
Daily half price pull: another gold, let's hope this time!...Nine.

Well trolled game, well trolled.

:suicide:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

hell yeah!! :hfive:

yeah i am like 5%~ from finishing Bracer, then my Power of Creation is only at 46% and nothing else is appreciably high. i think Ramza is only at 3% as i havent had the chance to macro much since i got him. i am thinking Sparky/Doublehand/Brave Suit/Celestial Glove, then I am not sure what to be doing with that last slot. Power of creation would be 30% attack and could go with my other 30% attack, which would mean she could still use another TM. Black Cowl is still best in slot for head I assume and bracer/celestial for the accessories. so it'll take a bit but i can do a pretty reasonable facsimile of a whale unit now :c00l:

I assume you have Lawrences out the yin yang, Monster Breastplate is better than Brave Suit, for Olive.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

My luck has improved since but it took from the Chizuru Kefka Golbez banner in July to the FF3 banner to pull my first 4* base character (and it was Rosa)

My luck still isn't great but I have a Noctis and three Zidanes so I can't say mine is the worst.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Sometimes I feel like I have bad luck, but then I remember I'm a f2p player (though I did drop my first $0.99 on that 4/1 bundle), and I've only been playing for about a month, and I've got Olive, Luneth, and two Chizurus. Add in Cecil, Minfilia, Yshtola and I've got a decent team all said.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

arisu posted:

Sometimes I feel like I have bad luck, but then I remember I'm a f2p player (though I did drop my first $0.99 on that 4/1 bundle), and I've only been playing for about a month, and I've got Olive, Luneth, and two Chizurus. Add in Cecil, Minfilia, Yshtola and I've got a decent team all said.

That team will carry you a long, long time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Dana Crysalis posted:

After Orlandeau I've drawn nothing but blue crystals this banner

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Hi, I'm the guy that can't pull on banner units for the past three bonus unit events

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Well, with what will probably be my only 11 pull this event I did get a Xon, so yay for that. Also got an Aiden, but meh. No rainbow though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Xon is loving amazing. I'm building him with DH and Equip L Sword/Excalibur so he can solo exploration trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I'm beginning to get all :tinfoil: about the trust moogle rates from the event banner - they seem to be inverse to the rate of getting the character they're for. I've gotten 2 for Aiden, 5 for Xon, and 11 for Freyvia. Come on moogles, I just want one copy of that auto-refresh robe for Refia

edit for positivity: gently caress YEAH BURST POTS! Olive's gotten 3 limit burst levels so far from the event.

• Locked thread