Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Ive seen them spawn then roll. Did you teleport in so close it spawned somewhere and you had no light to guide you? Its hard to lock in on the light pillar accurately in my experience.

I'm sure I was just missing it honestly, it's just those are the only types of attempts where I've completely lost track of it.

Though this is reminding me that while I haven't seen one on the side of a mountain technically, the second one I got spawned at the edge of Lake Hylia, and when I got near it almost fell into the lake when the pillar disappeared before I grabbed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Some people have said they have trouble actually getting to the star fragment, but I don't know why. Find where it lands, mark it on your map and teleport as close as you can and run over. I've even been out exploring and randomly see the light from a Star Fragment on the ground somewhere in the distance and I've been able to go get it. I haven't lost one yet.

I've had one spawn far enough where I couldn't get it. Once I noticed it was coming down I saved as soon as it hit the ground and used up all of my stamina/Revali's Gale just to get to it only to have it disappear right before I got to it. Kinda lovely.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm a bit sad this thread isn't titled

Zelda: Botw - ALL HAIL KOROK

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Liked and Followed!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Hyrule Castle Spoilers On my second time beating Ganon to get the memories scene I found out you can explore the throne room if you don't go into it from the ground floor and come in from above. There's two torches there and I expected something to happen after I lit them but nothing did, pretty cool area to look around though. Shooting the pulsating heart doesn't do anything either.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Breath of the Wild: Korok korok, korok korok, korok korok, ya ha ha

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Koroks and poop, koroks and poop, korok korok poop poop, koroks and poop

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
BTW I don't care if the song is old this video is still funny af
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFxqkE519s

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I named my giant horse Aethon.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
BIG LENNY reporting for duty.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Red Hare.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/elePhantasium/status/850138250790313984

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't spend a ton of time near stables but I just parachuted into one and found the dog trying to chase its own tail :3:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I named mine Overeem, after the enormous MMA fighter who has credited his physique to horse meat

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Holy hell how did Nintendo gently caress up horse controls so bad? It's impossible to control one, and I'm using Epona too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

seiferguy posted:

Holy hell how did Nintendo gently caress up horse controls so bad? It's impossible to control one, and I'm using Epona too.

Are you bonded to the max? That's sort of important if you intend to control the horse.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Um... Was I supposed to be able to solve the desert labyrinth in under three minutes? I haven't done the other two yet but I was expecting them to be really hard and full of tough enemies. Did I just get really lucky?

Edit for spoilers. Also to say that the music inside it sucked.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 7, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I named that horse Ganondorf because I am unoriginal.

The Lobster posted:

Um... Was I supposed to be able to solve the desert labyrinth in under three minutes? I haven't done the other two yet but I was expecting them to be really hard and full of tough enemies. Did I just get really lucky?

I mean, if you go in the right direction, they're all fairly simple, so consider it luck but they aren't supposed to be tough. Except for that one secret area you'll maybe not find (I didn't.)
That said, exploring them fully will net you more goodies.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Lobster posted:

Nah, they all easy as heck. Though tbh, I managed to just miss the way in the desert one and spent way too long there, compared to the others.

It's definitely the one with the least enemies though; the difficulty in the NW one is in getting there while the SW one has a heap of guardians about so if you aren't good at killing them it can be kinda tense.

When you do that one, remember to always check the bottom from where things originate for wonderful prizes!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

To be fair, the only game I've actually liked riding a horse on was Shadow of the Colossus. Everything else that I can remember has been non-painful at best. And yeah definitely make sure to get that bond maxed out in case you haven't.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

The Lobster posted:

:wrong:
That track is nice and also good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I took a really long time with Vah Ruta (elephant) because I got stuck on stopping the smaller water wheel with a terminal inside it, and I refused to look up the answer since I felt like I was missing something obvious. I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to figure it out, but yeah I would've felt really stupid had I googled it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If that's embarrassing, imagine how I felt when, after an hour or more, I realized you had to use ice to open the gate right at the start in the elephant

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Oh good that wasn't just me

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dad Jokes posted:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Cryonis Is a Thing

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I wouldn't've minded a Navi that only came out after staring at a puzzle for 15 mins "You have cryonis, dipshit."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
HEY! LISTEN! There are runes besides the bombs and magnesis.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hey! Listen! You can use both bombs at once!

crayon85
Dec 25, 2013

El Burbo posted:

If that's embarrassing, imagine how I felt when, after an hour or more, I realized you had to use ice to open the gate right at the start in the elephant

I didn't use cryonis for that bit. I really like how if you can think of it it probably works. I lifted the chest from the water below and ran underneath the door holding it open with magnesis

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

My favorite "oh, right, cryonis" moment was using arrows on the ice cubes during the lead up to entering the elephant, going to sleep as soon as I entered it, realizing while trying to sleep that I could probably have used cryonis and saved a TON of arrows, then going back to the previous save the next day just to replay that section using cryonis. It's my favorite because this has hit so many people.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I could've sworn they tell you or hint to you to use cyro to shatter the ice. Its been a few weeks but im pretty sure thats what i did for it, and i really seem to remember getting told to do that...

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

My favorite "oh, right, cryonis" moment was using arrows on the ice cubes during the lead up to entering the elephant, going to sleep as soon as I entered it, realizing while trying to sleep that I could probably have used cryonis and saved a TON of arrows, then going back to the previous save the next day just to replay that section using cryonis. It's my favorite because this has hit so many people.

Oh goddratit.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

I've had one spawn far enough where I couldn't get it. Once I noticed it was coming down I saved as soon as it hit the ground and used up all of my stamina/Revali's Gale just to get to it only to have it disappear right before I got to it. Kinda lovely.

I've found that the upgraded stealth armour with the movement speed at night bonus and a high-level speed boost potion are the best for the final dash to the fragment.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Dad Jokes posted:

I felt like I cheated because I used stasis/hammer on the door and just squeezed through. It still worked though.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Cryonis isn't flashy or cool like the other powers but it's really practical. You really should be using it or at least thinking about it every time you see water. It can provide cover, a platform to attack from, it allows you to cross any body of water stamina or sailboat be damned, and the blocks are just high enough to trigger slowmo if you jump off and use the bow.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So, playing through this again, I always find myself with an abundance of decent weapons. I don't know if this is still a stupid way of looking at things but I like to go find guardians when this happens and just use up those weapons on them since I know I will probably need those parts eventually and they don't drop any weapons for me to pick up. Also I just never think about parrying, ever, so hitting their beams back never comes up. Anyone else do this or does everyone just drop their weapons for new ones and say gently caress it?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can shrine teleport closer. You just need to mark it on your map or teleport to shrines/towers at higher elevation so you can look down and see the pillar of light. One time I just paraglided to it and realized mid flight I couldn't make it in time so I teleported closer. but I didn't have it marked on my map because I was in flight and I teleported to a shrine in a valley so I lost track of where it landed. Just couldn't see the pillar of light over the mountains.

They despawn at 5:00am so if you get a star fragment drop really late (between 1:00am and 2:00am) and you have to spend time reorienting yourself or get sidetracked doing other stuff (i.e. trying to get a dragon horn before you pick up the star fragment), it can literally despawn right in front of you.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DaveKap posted:

It's funny because I didn't forget it for this sequence, I immediately realized I should use it there. I just completely forgot about it once inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

you can abuse mounted Bokogoblins for infinite arrows.

I have 800 arrows.