Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I said come in! posted:

I mean we bombed a military airbase that was used to bomb civilians with chemical weapons. Having a hard time coming up with a reason for why this wasn't justified.

Imagine what the response would have been back in 2003, if saddam hussein had launched a chemical attack the way Syria had did :frog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

563 strikes across 7 countries

bush had a grand total of 57

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Prorat posted:

I won't respond to the first tweet because that guy is a scam but the 2nd tweet is something you need to learn from. Trump supporters don't blindly follow trump. Meanwhile you still think Bernie is good and will follow him to the end despite him being spineless traitorous scum. He's blowing Hillary lizard cock as we speak (in his lake house)

This is exactly correct. Obviously this attack is not what I voted for. It's too bad democrats aren't the same way, because Obama did exactly the same thing and he's still the golden child

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Imagine what the response would have been back in 2003, if saddam hussein had launched a chemical attack the way Syria had did :frog:

Cheney would have gotten such a huge boner that he died. This is news from the better universe

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

they will never openly say it but these people actually long for it to happen so much.

For most of them it's been years since they started preparing for a scenario where they can finally use their Infowars Life Select™ (http://www.infowarsshop.com/Infowars-Life-Select-1-Year_p_1698.html)

It would really be a huge disappointment for them if the poo poo doesn't actually hit the fan

Who are "these people"? You mean people who hate trump?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

they will never openly say it but these people actually long for it to happen so much.

For most of them it's been years since they started preparing for a scenario where they can finally use their Infowars Life Select™ (http://www.infowarsshop.com/Infowars-Life-Select-1-Year_p_1698.html)

It would really be a huge disappointment for them if the poo poo doesn't actually hit the fan

Once again, you have zero loving clue what you are talking about.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

rezatahs posted:

563 strikes across 7 countries

bush had a grand total of 57

chill dude, i know, he was the murder president. i was just congratulating you on your nice and clever pun. :hfive:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

chill dude, i know, he was the murder president. i was just congratulating you on your nice and clever pun. :hfive:

phew cool :thumbsup: :patriot:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I'm the all natural non gmo colloidal survival silver. 30% off!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It should be noted that a number of Trump supporters are in fact nutjobs who frequent conspiracy sites daily and who believe everything is a false flag and that the UN wants to turn the world into a gay marxist atheist society.

They voted for Trump because, in their delusion, they truly believed the Trump man would fight against that evil cabal.

They are in for a rude awakening because Trump can't fight something that doesn't exist.

Reading GLP threads about the attack is hilarious. Not all trump supporters are retard conspiracy theorists but all retard conspiracy theorists are trump supporters. Or were, anyway.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is exactly correct. Obviously this attack is not what I voted for. It's too bad democrats aren't the same way, because Obama did exactly the same thing and he's still the golden child

You know that Trump continued the ISIS bombing campaign, and that the Syrian government is not the same thing as ISIS, right?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
TRUMP! *click* *explosions*

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Jerome Scuggs posted:

lil donny is basically what happens when unadulterated hyperpragmatism is let loose with zero underlying ideology

or senile, idk

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

You know that Trump continued the ISIS bombing campaign, and that the Syrian government is not the same thing as ISIS, right?

I'm not ready to completely lose hope, but it doesn't look great. He had 2 choices - argue the gassing was a false flag and incur the wrath of everyone, or shoot missiles at a crappy air strip and get his dick sucked.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm not ready to completely lose hope, but it doesn't look great. He had 2 choices - argue the gassing was a false flag and incur the wrath of everyone, or shoot missiles at a crappy air strip and get his dick sucked.

Man, y'all trump fans are a bunch of dumbasses to actually believe the guy. I don't see how you can correctly deduce that hillary is a liar but also think that donald trump is not.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
terrists are shotting up sweden

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hey has anyone posted this video yet it's great /pol/denfreude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU94Q_JfFhU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Who are "these people"? You mean people who hate trump?

the nutjobs who think this is WW3

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

all retard conspiracy theorists are trump supporters.

12 millions retard conspiracy theorists

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/12-million-americans-believe-lizard-people-run-our-country/316706/

e: 40 millions thinks Obama is the antichrist. I wonder who they voted for?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Lizard people" is a metaphor for cold blooded psychopaths, and yes, they run the world

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"Lizard people" is a metaphor for cold blooded psychopaths, and yes, they run the world

Do you think Obama is the antichrist?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Do you think Obama is the antichrist?

No, I think he's Kenyan born CIA operative Barry Soetero, married to former man Michael aka Michelle... duh

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lizard people actually refers to the reptilian aliens that occupy several underground bases throughout the world but most prominently in the cave and underground military bases in the 4 corners area of the united states hth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Russia is saying that this attack on Syria was aggressive and illegal, but I had read that the United States informed Russia that the attack was going to take place and Russia was okay with that? Why the sudden change and public condemning?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Everyone keeps saying Hillary is a lizard queen but maybe its actually because she has serious health issues and is on heavy medication which makes her drowsy or high.

Like imagine having to give speeches or run a campaign in that state. Pretty difficult.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I thought it was code for the jay e double-us

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SBJ posted:

Everyone keeps saying Hillary is a lizard queen but maybe its actually because she has serious health issues and is on heavy medication which makes her drowsy or high.

Like imagine having to give speeches or run a campaign in that state. Pretty difficult.

Don't need to imagine when we have Trump and his entire administration.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SBJ posted:

*metallic ping*

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Russia is saying that this attack on Syria was aggressive and illegal, but I had read that the United States informed Russia that the attack was going to take place and Russia was okay with that? Why the sudden change and public condemning?

Because Trump is cucked by Russia

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

It's theater. Trump wanted to look strong, but not actually get into a war.

Likewise, Putin wants to look like he's standing up to Trump but not actually get into a war.

The whole thing is being produced, like an episode of reality television.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Everyone has a different audience to impress

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SBJ posted:

Yo
Her palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on her pantsuit already, mom's spaghetti
She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but she keeps on forgettin'
What she wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
She opens her mouth, but the words won't come out
She's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
And oh there's the van and it's time to get back to lizard ledge

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yo
Her palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on her pantsuit already, mom's spaghetti
She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but she keeps on forgettin'
What she wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
She opens her mouth, but the words won't come out
She's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
And oh there's the van and it's time to get back to lizard ledge

:master:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It's theater. Trump wanted to look strong, but not actually get into a war.

Likewise, Putin wants to look like he's standing up to Trump but not actually get into a war.

The whole thing is being produced, like an episode of reality television.

Yah, that's what I'm thinking. Bombing some dumb airport is easy way to navigate this political minefield.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah, that's what I'm thinking. Bombing some dumb airport is easy way to navigate this political minefield.

Hm, they should have dropped some mines on the airfield to make the metaphor work better

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
5% of Obama voters believed he was the anti-Christ.

I said come in! posted:

Here's the thing that liberals never seem to comprehend- Russia (and China, and a large number of other states) operate under a Westphalian understanding of state relations. This means that internal matters are solely matters for the sovereign power to handle, and any uninvited foreign interference is an illegal aggression against that sovereign power. The United States and our Western allies abandoned Westphalian notions of sovereignty in favor of the humanitarian doctrines enshrined in the post-WWII order, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Westphalian system is amoral, and focused on safeguarding national interests (this is why many conservatives like Putin- because he doesn't moralize, but instead works to advance Russian national interests). The humanitarian system elevates humanitarian interests over national interests, discarding traditional notions of sovereignty, leading to an inherently globalist outlook. The problem with the globalist/humanitarian doctrine is that it leads to endless wars to right wrongs in far-flung countries, because you are morally obligated to act on behalf of human rights. See both Iraq wars, Rwanda, Somalia, Kosovo, Libya, Syria, etc. So, while Russia may have appreciated the heads-up, it doesn't change their perspective on the legality of America attacking a Russian ally.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nut to Butt posted:

5% of Obama voters believed he was the anti-Christ.

Here's the thing that liberals never seem to comprehend- Russia (and China, and a large number of other states) operate under a Westphalian understanding of state relations. This means that internal matters are solely matters for the sovereign power to handle, and any uninvited foreign interference is an illegal aggression against that sovereign power. The United States and our Western allies abandoned Westphalian notions of sovereignty in favor of the humanitarian doctrines enshrined in the post-WWII order, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Westphalian system is amoral, and focused on safeguarding national interests (this is why many conservatives like Putin- because he doesn't moralize, but instead works to advance Russian national interests). The humanitarian system elevates humanitarian interests over national interests, discarding traditional notions of sovereignty, leading to an inherently globalist outlook. The problem with the globalist/humanitarian doctrine is that it leads to endless wars to right wrongs in far-flung countries, because you are morally obligated to act on behalf of human rights. See both Iraq wars, Rwanda, Somalia, Kosovo, Libya, Syria, etc. So, while Russia may have appreciated the heads-up, it doesn't change their perspective on the legality of America attacking a Russian ally.

Do they still call it the "Duty to Defend" doctrine or do we have a new catchphrase?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Not all trump supporters are retard conspiracy theorists but all retard conspiracy theorists are trump supporters. Or were, anyway.

I'm a retard conspiracy theorist and I never supported Trump.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Somehow i dont think putins actions in ukraine are consistent with the westphalian model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Do they still call it the "Duty to Defend" doctrine or do we have a new catchphrase?

I couldn't tell you. The last book I read on the subject was "A Problem from Hell" by Samantha Power, which provides decent insight from the humanitarian perspective. I think it's all very foolish.

Panzeh posted:

Somehow i dont think putins actions in ukraine are consistent with the westphalian model.

They square with the conception of the nation state as indivisible from the people comprising it. He was liberating ethnic Russians from foreign dominance.

• Locked thread