Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

the giant bomb effect

Hot take alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

vermin posted:

Who is the Internet Adam Sandler that Jay becomes a David Spade to?

Only one man on the internet is unfunny enough to be the internet Adam Sandler.

CinemaSins.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bring back old gbs posted:

the giant bomb effect

Jeff was always the funniest and best, and he still is so IDGI

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i saw in the related vids that they were trash talking 1-2 switch. it's 1:30 long but the bits i listened/watched had them laughing and having a great time while saying it was bad... so i would imagine a kid would enjoy it just as much but not complain at the same time with a case of terminal cognitive dissonance

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

King Vidiot posted:

Jeff was always the funniest and best, and he still is so IDGI
Plus Vinny is still around

Anyway I love Demolition Man I like how pre Neverending Story III Jack Black shows up as a extra and Otho from Beetlejuice is in it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Man I always agree with Rich on these sorts of things. Demolition man is so close to being the perfect satirical action romp with a unique twist but it misses the mark and becomes more and more safe and generic as it goes on.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're looking for Starship Troopers

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It's because of Demolition Man I want a 1970 Oldsmobile 442.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I feel like Demolition man would have been a whole lot better if they just cut out the whole Denis Leary underground poo poo

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The underground was interesting as it answers the question is to what state the people who didn't sign on to Cato's HOA is. The film makers just didn't do much with it other than giving him a car.

It wasn't like Spartan was going to lead the rat eaters whom worse crimes is ineffective graffiti and stealing TacoBell to fight Simon and Co. For all their bluster they aren't really anymore violent or better equipped than the people above ground. Had they a even a small fraction of Simon's willingness to use violence they would have overran the city. They were as much sheep as everyone else.

Nor was Spartan interested in overthrowing society. He had the very respectable goal of killing Phoenix and banging Sandra Bullock. Massive societal change was a side effect/collateral damage.

Rich is right, but I don't share his dislike. Its such a fun movie that I am willing to overlook the missed opportunities.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Demolition Man the one where it seems like Sandra Bullock was supposed to be Sylvester Stallone's daughter but at the last minute they cut out the confirmation of that plot and gave them a sex scene instead?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

es rata

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Good things from the garden

HONK HONK

Garden in the valley

HONK HONK

Valley of the Jolly Green Giant!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Rich doesn't know how to use the three seashells. Haha!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

King Vidiot posted:

Good things from the garden

HONK HONK

Garden in the valley

HONK HONK

Valley of the Jolly Green Giant!

Rich should dress up as that lounge singer and sing some songs.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016

Gildiss posted:

Rich doesn't know how to use the three seashells. Haha!

Why do you even need three seashells??? Don't you just use them to scoop the poop out of your butt? Wouldn't you just need one?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Rich is wrong. Subway and McDonalds would team up to defend against the Burger King/Hardees/Arby's triumvirate. KFC is the one who has to wait out the war. Who do they have to challenge them? Popeyes? Yeah okay.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

vermin posted:

Rich is wrong. Subway and McDonalds would team up to defend against the Burger King/Hardees/Arby's triumvirate. KFC is the one who has to wait out the war. Who do they have to challenge them? Popeyes? Yeah okay.

where does Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts fit into all of this

i'm so close

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Numberwang posted:

Why do you even need three seashells??? Don't you just use them to scoop the poop out of your butt? Wouldn't you just need one?

lol he thinks the seashells are for scooping out the poop just lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like how the three seashells were meant to just be incomprehensible to anyone not of that era so of course there are lengthy posts on the internet explaining exactly how they work.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I think people are forgetting the key point here, that John Spartan probably spent at least half the movie with a lovely rear end in a top hat. Any time he had to use the bathroom away from a nearby shower, poopy butthole.

e: Insert "Rob Schneider is a lovely rear end in a top hat" joke here.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016

King Vidiot posted:

I think people are forgetting the key point here, that John Spartan probably spent at least half the movie with a lovely rear end in a top hat. Any time he had to use the bathroom away from a nearby shower, poopy butthole.

e: Insert "Rob Schneider is a lovely rear end in a top hat" joke here.

He used the swear fines to wipe, which were made of glossy paper. So at best he would just smear the poo poo around to his taint and inner butt cheeks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

parallelodad posted:

Is Demolition Man the one where it seems like Sandra Bullock was supposed to be Sylvester Stallone's daughter but at the last minute they cut out the confirmation of that plot and gave them a sex scene instead?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's our General Dog!!!

*canned laughter*

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

parallelodad posted:

It was a different character/actress who was living with the mole people who was supposed to be his daughter that got cut out. I mean futuristic VR incest is totally hot but his daughter wasn't meant to be Sandra Bullock.

vermin posted:

Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC are all owned by Yum Brands. They used to own Long John Silver's and A&W too. Yum used to be owned by Pepsi, which also owns Frito-Lay and Doritos, which explains stuff like the Doritos Loco taco.

I think they could combine forces and destroy any other fast food conglomerate and probably most world governments.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i need some help guys there's a half and the bag episode that can't be too old where mike talks about an actor in the movie they're discussing and he says something along the lines of "i see this guys face in anything and i'm like gently caress you. who gives a poo poo! who GIVES a poo poo!"

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i immediately unsubbed when there were taco continuity errors in the intro

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im the portrait of Baby Jesus.

Last time I went to a good will they had two of those pictures for sale

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

I feel like Demolition man would have been a whole lot better if they just cut out the whole Denis Leary underground poo poo

same, he's the weakest part of the film

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Andro Dunos posted:

It was a different character/actress who was living with the mole people who was supposed to be his daughter that got cut out. I mean futuristic VR incest is totally hot but his daughter wasn't meant to be Sandra Bullock.

Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC are all owned by Yum Brands. They used to own Long John Silver's and A&W too. Yum used to be owned by Pepsi, which also owns Frito-Lay and Doritos, which explains stuff like the Doritos Loco taco.

I think they could combine forces and destroy any other fast food conglomerate and probably most world governments.

PepsiCo: could overthrow a government but can't make an ad that doesn't scream "literally none of us know what the gently caress we're doing".

The real global threat is that German company that just bought 11 of America's biggest coffee and bakery companies (Krispy Kreme, Panera, Caribou, Kuerig, etc.) You know drat well a move like that has one purpose: topple the Starbucks and Dunkin regimes.

Coffee is more powerful fast food in that a burger takes $0.30 to make and sells for $2.00. Coffee costs $0.05 to make and sells for $3-5. And Americans drink more coffee than they eat burgers.

Soon the Germans will knock down our coffee institutions and with the combined revenue they would have the assets to buy and sell PepsiCo and McDonald's with pocket change.

Literally the only company with the liquidity to stand up to this coffee fast food monopoly would be Apple. The future is Cupertino versus Berlin in a bloody fight to the death for global domination.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And that's why Demolition Man is bullshit.

actually it's good

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I feel like demolition man could have been a slightly more thoughtful film, like I dunno, if I was stuck in Hellscape LA or Gay Utopia LA I'll choose Gay Utopia LA despite only being able to eat vegan tacos.

naem
May 29, 2011

I would like to hump Sandra's bullock

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I'm gonna start a petition to get Paul Verhoeven to remake Demolition Man.

See, that's when a remake makes sense - when the original had potential to be great but fell just short of the mark.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
They should make a demolition derby movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony is gonna remake it but it'll be Demolition Woman and star Melissa McCarthy and...uh... someone else who's bad (??)

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

naem posted:

I would like to hump Sandra's bullock

say word son

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony is gonna remake it but it'll be Demolition Woman and star Melissa McCarthy and...uh... someone else who's bad (??)

Sandra Bullock as Spartan and Milo Vermesomething as a mini stallone who is a future wuss.

Just bring back Snipes again as Phoenix

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Melissa McCarthy isn't bad, just most of the movies she's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
isnt she one of those fat ugly girl comedians

• Locked thread