Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ps im joking. Note the "overreact"

Dont @ me sample size nazis

also this is a 10 team so it's no big deal if i did actually drop him

Edit: icephoenix can you tell me why Minn has dozier lead off and bux 3rd? I'm sure its for reasons im too dumb to understand but that seems backwards

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Byron Buxton k'ing a ton this early is giving me flashbacks to Carlos Gomez last year.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Teemu Pokemon posted:

What do y'all think about Tom Murphy? I've been pretty high on him the last two years. I legitimately think he has 25-30 HR power playing half his games in Coors, but he'd need 400+ PA to hit that and I don't think he gets it. He's got good, and improving, underlying numbers in his two (small sample size) call-ups; LD% was in the mid 20s, hard hit and HR/FB almost near 50%, and as far as I know, he's defense isn't so atrocious that he can't stick as a catcher without needing to move to the OF/DH. He's hurt now but I can't imagine the Rockies are going anywhere, so there should be incentive to at least give him a shot to prove he can be a every day catcher when he gets back, right? Does anyone think he's ready and can take the reigns? I grabbed him with my last pick in my keeper league and stashed him on the DL which is a pretty low-risk/high-reward gambit, but he's going to need to come out guns blazing for me to justify carrying two catchers and I'm not going to trade Perez unless I know I can conceivably replace him.

He owns in the minors but he's a prospect so who the gently caress knows

I think he's hella worth it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

Ps im joking. Note the "overreact"

Dont @ me sample size nazis

also this is a 10 team so it's no big deal if i did actually drop him

Edit: icephoenix can you tell me why Minn has dozier lead off and bux 3rd? I'm sure its for reasons im too dumb to understand but that seems backwards

Dozier walks a lot and Falvey/Levine apparently have Molitor using stuff like wOBA to make lineups now. Buxton had a really good Sept/Oct last year and carried it over into spring so they're probably hoping he'll keep that train rolling.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

aaaaa someone in one of my pro leagues dropped Pollock and Beltre

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

aaaaa someone in one of my pro leagues dropped Pollock and Beltre

Are you going to be able to snag either?

Like I can almost see Beltre in an uninformed way but Pollock is fine so far?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm currently lmao-ing at my opponents 3 HRs and 4 RBI through half the week, and wondering if someone will panic and give me their 3rd round pick for Nomar Mazara

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*flips table*

ALL MY BAD PITCHERS ARE PITCHIN BAD

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also special shoutout to yahoo for locking the PPD game players and costing me a #ShawDong

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

*flips table*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How does Neftali Feliz get a save if they were up by 5 runs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Came in with runners on base or with one or zero outs in the eighth inning.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Finnegan or Joe Ross

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Spoeank posted:

*flips table*

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

ZenVulgarity posted:

Finnegan or Joe Ross

Still on Ross, for now at least.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
And of course Garett Richards may be out for quite some time again. Any news?

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Can of Cloud posted:

And of course Garett Richards may be out for quite some time again. Any news?

Apparently it's minor, but he's a huge risk this season no matter what.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat it I wanted to play Puig over Buxton and changed my lineup at the last second :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Well

I guess I'll add Puig then since he's just sitting there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So for some reason in the Goon league all of my game times are showing as PST on Yahoo. Anybody know how to fix that? It wasn't an issue during football season, and I can't find a timezone setting anywhere.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Inspector_666 posted:

So for some reason in the Goon league all of my game times are showing as PST on Yahoo. Anybody know how to fix that? It wasn't an issue during football season, and I can't find a timezone setting anywhere.

I had this too and they told me i need to send them my account info because blah blah blah...I'm just resigning myself to it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
There should be a time zone option in your Yahoo account settings and I'm convinced they periodically change it on you to piss you off because I'm pretty sure I've fixed it like 4 times

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Why not just move to the west coast :confused:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I find that Yahoo randomly shows game times in Pacific time every once in a while and eventually just reverts back to Eastern. No idea why. I don't change any settings.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Why not just move to the west coast :confused:

nice try satan

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There is no longer week than the "gently caress it ive already lost and its wednesday" week in fantasy baseball

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

There is no longer week than the "gently caress it ive already lost and its wednesday" week in fantasy baseball

lookit this guy who's never been blown the gently caress out from Thursday Night Football

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
When you play a team who drafted all denver skill players peytons first year in Denver and are down 100 going into sunday and still win you never fear tnf again

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good thoughts on guys I should target as panic-buys after week 1? Points league guys preferably.....

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Just with respect to era, whip, K's who would you rather have between Moore and Joe Ross as the last pitcher (that you don't always start) on the team?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just got mookie for seager :cool:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

Anyone have any good thoughts on guys I should target as panic-buys after week 1? Points league guys preferably.....

Do you mean underperformers you can get for a song in trades, or overperformers you can unload for more than they're worth?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Do you mean underperformers you can get for a song in trades, or overperformers you can unload for more than they're worth?

Guys who had a bad first week and owners might be looking to panic-sell ON THE CHEAP, ideally

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

Guys who had a bad first week and owners might be looking to panic-sell ON THE CHEAP, ideally

Abel Wingnut posted:

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Abel Wingnut posted:

:thumbsup:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I guess that guy assumes that the "flu" is terminal or something? Mookie has only played one game

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just floated CarGo and Belt for Mookie to the owner of that trainwreck team that I posted a few days ago :pray:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
lmao Rich Hill to the 10-day with a blister.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rich Hill is all blister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Rich Hill is all blister

Then you'd figure he'd be used to it by now.

I'm tempted to just drop him at this point, he's only on my team because I had money left over in the last rounds and I wanted to screw one of the other guys who didn't.

EDIT: And I draft good catchers to act as backups on all of my teams, but for some reason whenever my starter sits, it seems like my BUC does too. Ugh opening week.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread