Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
One of my client buys "luxury" trucks brand new for cheap by waiting until new year models are out and snatching up the previous year. Turns out people vain enough to need 65K trucks also refuse to buy a previous year model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm insanely not surprised really, but soldiers want that brand new poo poo

Oh man, I was the only lance I knew with a used car, much less a beater. My dad and brother had both lectured me after bootcamp about buying a car and the right way to do it. So I just threw down $800 for a used Acura from home and drove it to Pensacola, then Yuma, then California before it got stolen while I was at a Charger's game.

As such, I was also one of the few Lances who never experienced a call from a repo driver, either

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My parents did the same. I came home in the summer and ended up buying a used 86 Pontiac, and drove that back.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

weren't trucks practically worthless for a small period there like 5+ years ago when gas was even higher than it already is?

also, hahaha

https://gfycat.com/AcrobaticHarmfulDuck

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 7, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I remember people buying the gently caress out of H2s even when gas was like $4+ a gallon

I don't think they were cheap by any means

this is good

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 7, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I know I will never buy new again. Lost half the value driving off the lot. My husband bought a certified preowned and has had zero problems with it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I know I will never buy new again. Lost half the value driving off the lot.

:same:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao who the gently caress buys new that's a 90s mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HQPZpwWeA

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgxbQjgVbM

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I know I will never buy new again. Lost half the value driving off the lot. My husband bought a certified preowned and has had zero problems with it.

Eh im happy with my miata, its a pretty good car and im going to drive it until the wheels fall off, which will be a long loving time considering theres a lot of them kicking around with 200k+ miles.

I did look at the depreciation and was like, daaamn, but eh, if I'm never selling it and it will outlive the life of the financing IDGAF. I'll get 28k worth of value out of it no problem.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Guessing that was not a steel cable.

I've bought new twice, but only because I buy to drive it for 10 years and I can't stand fixing other people's mistakes/poo poo maintenance.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

Would it matter with that much sudden tension?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

I've bought new twice, but only because I buy to drive it for 10 years and I can't stand fixing other people's mistakes/poo poo maintenance.

loving this. Numbnuts prior owner put 20w50 in the truck I bought to cover the horrendous lifter clatter coming out of the left bank of the engine of the truck I bought. Changed the oil back to 10w30 like the service manual stated when I purchased it, and lmao.

Now i need to put a new loving engine in it because gently caress rebuilding it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

Nah it was, it was coming off the winch of that jeep in the background. A winch cable wont hold if you throw 4000 lbs against it moving at a good clip.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:catstare:
http://i.imgur.com/2IMGmBP.gifv

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Ho.?
Um.?

:catstare:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
precisely why i would never buy a "modded" car

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Modded cars are universally cheaper than an unmolested car anyways

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Modded cars are universally cheaper than an unmolested car for good reason.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Modded cars are universally cheaper than an unmolested car anyways

but bro I put like $10k worth of parts in this

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

but bro I put like $10k worth of carbon fiber patterned stickers on this

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Wait are we talking cars or AR's?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
bro scope my drift charm before you try to step to me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

"Freshly rebuilt motor! Only 5k on odometer!"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
should I get this deuce and a half y/n

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6078537614.html

1998 Military 2 1/2 Ton M35A3 6X6 Van truck, Low miles CAT power!!!!!! - $10900 (Somers)

Selling my AM GENERAL M35A3 2 1/2 Ton 6X6 Van truck, CAT 3116 Power, Allison 4 speed Auto trans. Very low miles, 8475 and only 269 Hours. Added Air ride MRAP seats, and many extra's. Shelving was put in clean and will remove with no damage too floor or sides. This is the latest version of the M35's made. Thanks for looking

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's the turbine from a turbocharger. There are lots of videos on youtube of cars on the dyno making GBS threads parts out their tailpipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Q5c85Gc5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aioPrv3zMQU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought a new car and make the payments for it and am happy with it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

should I get this deuce and a half y/n

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6078537614.html

1998 Military 2 1/2 Ton M35A3 6X6 Van truck, Low miles CAT power!!!!!! - $10900 (Somers)

Selling my AM GENERAL M35A3 2 1/2 Ton 6X6 Van truck, CAT 3116 Power, Allison 4 speed Auto trans. Very low miles, 8475 and only 269 Hours. Added Air ride MRAP seats, and many extra's. Shelving was put in clean and will remove with no damage too floor or sides. This is the latest version of the M35's made. Thanks for looking
I had a hell of a time explaining to my brother that any military vehicle was abused beyond belief by idiots, and I wouldn't trust anything I bought surplus to not be completely hosed up. The cops here used to have a truck where someone got bored and decided to carve chunks off the steering wheel.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hell I've seen a new m998 spontaneously combust

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm just looking at CL looking for some pie in the sky price asking on a rice mobile, no real luck yet but I did find this which is totally cool

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is this it? It's not the worst looking car but hmm IDK if I want a car shown on a drag strip surely that car has been babied

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6039867597.html
1993 Nissan 300zx Twin-Turbo - $8800 (Spokane Valley)

1993 300zx Twin Turbo
TRUE TWIN TURBO 2 SEATS ONLY
T-tops don't leak and function great
Interior is black leather and in near flawless condition
Can practically eat off the engine bay
100k original miles on body
3k on motor
All wheel steering
Aftermarket big FMIC
Aftermarket radiator
Brand new OEM turbos with 10k miles
Tuned by Nizmo on 16psi
Megan racing exhaust
Lowered
Aftermarket bov
RARE DISCONTINUED C West Front bumper ($1200 new)
Black paint is in great condition
3 pilar pod with digital boost, AF/ratio, and oil pressure gauges
Aftermarket pioneer stereo with aux
Tons of other aftermarket goodies I'm forgetting.
Car does have a rebuilt title (only bumper was replaced, hence why aftermarket, no frame or any structure damage at all). :crossarms:
You won't find another one of these around here let a lone one more clean for the price in surrounding 4 states.
May trade.
call or txt show contact info
Asking $8800. The value for this car is only going up since its such a rare car. Do your reaserch all jdm websites say that this car will grow in value drastically. :crossarms::crossarms:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Did the 300zx have all wheel steering 🤔

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hell I've seen a new m998 spontaneously combust

GM quality.

I'd buy that big deuce for half the price and park on a piece of land. The weak link is the auto trans, 3116 is a solid engine, but pricey to maintain. Swap the gears out for something more road friendly and it would be great for a camper conversion. Or redneck lawn ornament once you piece it out to four wheelers so they can let the parts rust in their yards.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
according to wiki

Twin Turbocharged Z32s also featured active rear wheel steering systems called "Super HICAS", first introduced on the HR31 Nissan Skyline, which was actuated hydraulically until 1994 when Nissan switched to an electric actuator.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Did the 300zx have all wheel steering 🤔

No.

That was early versions of the honda prelude.

E: well poo poo. I didn't think any made it to the states with rear steer assist. My bad.

I used to have a datsun boner. And a beat to poo poo 280z. No exhaust past the manifold, no bolt holding the distributor in place, and two relays were the replacement for ignition keys. I miss that heap of poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 8, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit ^ the VR4 Had all wheel steering I think.

You can bounce a quarter of the 300zx engine bay

:stonk:

Also lol working on the 3000 GT VR4 or w/e and the Dodge variant. Also they were heavy af

Japanese 90s sports cars were dope though

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 8, 2017

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that looks like a huge loving pain in the rear end to do anything holy poo poo

I've known 1-2 3000GT owners and unsurprisingly they didn't get to drive them a lot

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
3000GTs were (are?) notorious pieces of poo poo and adding a dodge badge while calling it Stealth probably made it less reliable.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah all the DSM poo poo was flaming garbage. I still wouldn't own a Mitsu, idk if they've improved any or not though.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
well hey they're bringing the eclipse back

As a crossover :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
:pwn:

• Locked thread