Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blue Train posted:

He was uniting fellow Africans

Did you know there is more that one culture in Africa, gringo? P imperialist IMO, to force an African identity on the Toubou people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

If it was successful why was it overthrown in a populist revolution.

Like you don't get to go 'it's not fairrr' when you are overthrown. If you are overthrown you are failing to run the country.

Also have u ever been gang raped in a political prison?

I'd list all the times we've funded coups and blown poo poo up in various nations to further our goals since WW2 but you're obviously a paint huffing retard judging by your gross gang rape question so I'm just gonna tell you to get hosed, idiot.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Strategic Tea posted:

But Gadaffi claimed authority over his people by brutal force and embezzled their money. Why is that not imperialist?

Keeping in mind that Westphalian sovereignty is a completely arbitrary idea. And that Westphalia is in eeeevill imperialist Europe~~~

Imperialism is foreigners. How do you not get this

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

Did you know there is more that one culture in Africa, gringo? P imperialist IMO, to force an African identity on the Toubou people.

Africa was united as one until the white man came and imposed artificial ethnic divisions, which ghadaffi was trying to remove

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

I'd list all the times we've funded coups and blown poo poo up in various nations to further our goals since WW2 but you're obviously a paint huffing retard judging by your gross gang rape question so I'm just gonna tell you to get hosed, idiot.

But I'm not saying America is good, I'm just saying Gadaffi was bad???

And if you think it is gross why do you support the deposed government responsible?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's literally not anything you retard, but he stoked those flames so he could ride into power cause he doesn't give a gently caress about anything except making money and appearance. Anyone who looks at trump and sees any sort of coherent narrative beyond that are projecting, regardless of what side they're on. He's a dumb piece of poo poo with such an incomprehensibly blank worldview that anyone can put a label on him and it'll stick reasonably well

You idiots elected an utterly incompetent narcissist moron and even when you admit it you try to frame it like it's tearing down the system or some other accelerationist bullshit when it's really just making the world that much worse. Good job you miserable stupid oval office

Dude, go take your meds.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Africa was united as one until the white man came and imposed artificial ethnic divisions, which ghadaffi was trying to remove

Atlantis wasn't in Bolivia, it was Africa all along!

drat you white Rome!!!!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

He was about to murder a city filled with his own people tho

The tanks were basically rolling when we struck.

The only crime in Libya was our piss poor effort as assisting the new government. Ten times more spent on airstrikes (which are themselves self indulgent toy war) than on rebuilding a functional country.

E: And no, Libya was not a functional country beforehand as evidenced by the fact people preferred armed revolt to living under a tinpot nobody.

He wasn't, he was simply retaking another city, like his forces had already done multiple times with no massacres. He had been calling for a cease-fire basically since the uprising began. The rebels rejected this based on their demand that he be immediately removed from power before any negotiations could take place. Whether Qaddafi would've been able to ultimately suppress the revolt is more of an open question, but the casualties from doing so probably would've only been in the hundreds, based on level of restraint his forces had previously demonstrated. He had no plans to commit genocide, and, like I said, had been calling for negotiations the whole time. Libya absolutely was a functional country, albeit a repressive one, and the new civil war they're currently enjoying has been incredibly devastating not only in its human costs, but also in the regression of civil rights. Qaddafi actually maintained a fairly egalitarian society, especially for the neighborhood, and the destabilization has been nothing but bad news for Libyans. But a bunch of chickenhawk Euros and Hillary got to nail his hide to their walls, and crow about what great humanitarians they were for toppling a dictator who was on their side in the war against Islamic terrorism. And it's not like they unleashed a large part of the refugee crisis, as well as a second Libyan civil war with casualties roughly equal to the first. Democracy wins again!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I would rather live in modern Libya than modern Syria where we did nothing.

E: If only NATO could do anything other than shuffle troops ineffectually around the map with record deployment times.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 7, 2017

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Prorat posted:

Dude. Trump voters don't have waifu pillows, they have jobs and pick up trucks and real lives that don't exist on the internet. Ya know, real lives.

This is really weird because I don't have a waifu pillow, I have a job, I used to drive a truck but bought a more fuel-efficient sedan when the truck went to poo poo, and I still didn't vote for Trump.

uh mostly because Republicans here have been trying to destroy education, civil rights for LGBT people, and also outright ban abortions (which could cause my fiancee to die because there's a good chance she could wind up with an ectopic pregnancy if we don't use alternate methods [that we can't afford because health care lol!]). Like, the Republican party offers me absolutely nothing, regardless of job or whatever, because I'm not rich.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Skypie posted:

uh mostly because Republicans here have been trying to destroy education, civil rights for LGBT people, and also outright ban abortions (which could cause my fiancee to die because there's a good chance she could wind up with an ectopic pregnancy if we don't use alternate methods [that we can't afford because health care lol!]). Like, the Republican party offers me absolutely nothing, regardless of job or whatever, because I'm not rich.

[citations needed]

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

[citations needed]

Mike Pence was my governor

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Devos, defunding planned Parenthood because of abortions that don't get federal funding anyway

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Skypie posted:

Mike Pence was my governor

That is not a cited source. It is you just being a whiney babby.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

I would rather live in modern Libya than modern Syria where we did nothing.

E: If only NATO could do anything other than shuffle troops ineffectually around the map with record deployment times.

In what world have we done nothing in Syria??? Holy poo poo. Obama and his Gulf buddies were funding that insurgency from the get-go. In both Libya and Syria, the correct move (IF WE MUST GET INVOLVED- THIS IS NOT ADVISABLE) was to support the distasteful dictator, because the alternative is much, much worse.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the state of indiana has a blanket pardon for all time, in my mind, simply because we hosed over Ted Cruz

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

you're such a dickhead about everything for being offended by fyad's subtitle

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

I see you're willfully obtuse and also probably a gigantic idiot.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/16/total-abortion-ban-proposed-indiana/93954670/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedom_Restoration_Act_(Indiana) - the law Mike Pence supported because it would give companies carte blanche to discriminate against LGBT people

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/trump-vp-mike-pences-record-on-education.html

also Mike Pence created a literal shadow Department of Ed with the power to veto the superintendent because she didn't agree with his policies

In conclusion: :fuckoff:

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Finally... all the work that John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Larry Wilmore have done will bear fruit. With this action, Trump will be destroyed, once and for all...

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Squashing Machine posted:

Finally... all the work that John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Larry Wilmore have done will bear fruit. With this action, Trump will be destroyed, once and for all...

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Squashing Machine posted:

Samantha Bee made Glenn Beck a partner, and that's proof enough that we're off the rails

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nut to Butt posted:

In what world have we done nothing in Syria??? Holy poo poo. Obama and his Gulf buddies were funding that insurgency from the get-go. In both Libya and Syria, the correct move (IF WE MUST GET INVOLVED- THIS IS NOT ADVISABLE) was to support the distasteful dictator, because the alternative is much, much worse.

I'm probably the only person on this forum that doesn't particularly oppose my country (:britain:)'s relationship with Saudi Arabia, which is plenty distasteful. But this is not normal. Neither is the use of chemical weapons (which needs to be smacked with a stick from a safe, cruise missile distance by the UN to establish basic discipline).

It is surely all FAKE NEWS though right :sad:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why is gas any worse than being trapped under the rubble of a collapsed building struck by a drone

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Why is gas any worse than being trapped under the rubble of a collapsed building struck by a drone

One has no tactical value other than terrifying anyone that might think of tweeting the president is bad. It's deliberately targeted at any civilians who might be disloyal to dear leader.

The other is a way for NATO to kill anyone, civilian or not, that it decides is a threat while saying it hasn't technically deployed anyone anywhere for PR purposes. It hits unrelated civilians by accident all the time.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i love donald trump and can't wait to cast my vote again for him

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Great. I agree. I'd rather it be for show, then say, starting a war with Russia

Why did Majorian get too busy IRL to post ITT right after this reply

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm probably the only person on this forum that doesn't particularly oppose my country (:britain:)'s relationship with Saudi Arabia, which is plenty distasteful. But this is not normal. Neither is the use of chemical weapons (which needs to be smacked with a stick from a safe, cruise missile distance by the UN to establish basic discipline).

It is surely all FAKE NEWS though right :sad:

That's actually quite normal for a dictatorial regime facing an existential threat. The use of chemical weapons is (mostly) only abnormal because they're generally pretty ineffective vs. conventional weapons, although they do have a certain horror-based utility. The whole purpose of backing Assad would be to bring a quick end to the insurgency, thereby minimizing casualties in the long run. It would have the potential added benefit of more cordial relations with Syria, Russia, and Iran. However, it's generally imprudent to involve yourself in another country's civil war, especially absent any kind of compelling national interest. I'm not sure what FAKE NEWS has to do with any of this, other than as an implicit commentary on your manners. It's conceivable that Assad wasn't responsible for the chemical attack, but I'd need more information to make that kind of determination. In my experience, it's unwise to take governments at their word, and evidence one way or the other would be welcome.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lmao they are just reporting trump launched 59 cruise missles cause he was born in 1959

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol if true

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
nah it's not but i spent a solid hour searching street addresses to known trump owned locations, birth dates, parallel locations of Moscow and Trump locations (Moscow is close!) to i could troll reddit the donald but nada

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mnoba posted:

nah it's not but i spent a solid hour searching street addresses to known trump owned locations, birth dates, parallel locations of Moscow and Trump locations (Moscow is close!) to i could troll reddit the donald but nada

Wait you troll forums?! Well that sure is a surprise I thought you were a genuine person. Next you'll be telling me other fan favorites on this thread are trolls too! I can't handle the lies.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Wait you troll forums?! Well that sure is a surprise I thought you were a genuine person. Next you'll be telling me other fan favorites on this thread are trolls too! I can't handle the lies.

i bounce back and forth just to keep everyone off guard :ninja:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Looks like Easy-D got away again. See you guys tomorrow!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/850193430353289216

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I found a magic genie I think one wish would be Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have to fight it out with chainsaws on live TV, before releasing the lions on the winner.

Making the world a better place, through entertainment!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I hope your other wish would be for the piss tapes release.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

I hope you're trolling and aren't really that stupid. That would be.. sad.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My last nights hot take was wrong, I thought this Syrian nonsense would be (literally) yesterday's news once Gorsuch was confirmed.

This is where I laugh at the people who laughed in this thread when Paul Ryan's lovely healthcare didn't even get voted on. (I don't say it failed because it couldn't fail or succeed because it was never real/official)

Art of the Deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is going to be impeached most likely

• Locked thread