Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

mormonpartyboat posted:

nuclear holocaust means i wont have to pay my whole mortgage

things are lookin' up

paying my mortgage quickly once again revealed to be a terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

TheBigAristotle posted:

In this time of war, let's all enjoy the creepy puppets in Genesis' Land of Confusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

thanks to this post I had been jamming out to genesis/phil for the last hour.

What do I want to go out and drink tonight? Thinking of heading a bar with these taps
http://fbpage.digitalpour.com/?companyID=55b11c2a5e002c0cdc1b49a3&locationID=1

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

There are probably more that dont support it privately, but anything less than full public support of are troops is considered haram in american politics.

No one wants to be on the wrong side of the military when the inevitable coup/civil war comes around, especially right now when we are probably closer to that type of event than we've been in my lifetime (but still a ways away).

It's too bad too, because I think a number of America's problems, at home and abroad, could be solved if we stopped firebombing the Middle East all the time. Or at least, that's how I felt when things still mattered.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 8, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tag urself

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i changed my mind donald can you reschedule nuclear holocaust for monday, i have stuff to do this weekend that i am actually looking forward to

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i'm the sly buzzard in the background, watching the end of america

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shugojin posted:

i don't think i live anywhere important enough to eat a nuke though so i have to deal with the messy end of upcoming apocalypse

Lol if youre in the US at all in a nuclear war youre dead

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Fullhouse posted:

hope your three bedroom house is nice and comfy for the approaching global collapse of civilization

i sometimes wonder if the apocalypse would be more survivable in detroit or the middle of indiana. on the one hand, detroit probably eats a nuke and you have 600,000 people competing for resources, but it really isn't much of a change in quality of life for most and the city was built for 6 million people so there's plenty of space for everybody.

but, whatever, might as well finish my life with a little comfort.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i sometimes wonder if the apocalypse would be more survivable in detroit or the middle of indiana. on the one hand, detroit probably eats a nuke and you have 600,000 people competing for resources, but it really isn't much of a change in quality of life for most and the city was built for 6 million people so there's plenty of space for everybody.

indy def. eats a nuke, so does bloomington because there's a naval research base nearby

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/850488492828360704

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dolash posted:

Ya gotta keep some kind of relativity. When Assad committed a gas attack while Obama was President, Obama went to Congress and America's allies and did not find support for a strike and so did not retaliate despite a loss of face from his own words on the subject, and instead found a diplomatic solution disposing of a large amount of Syria's chemical weapons - and since use of chemical weapons didn't escalate for the rest of his Presidency, it seems like it was a modestly successful outcome, even if he had to eat criticism for not being "strong" enough (often by the same Republicans who rebuffed him in Congress).

To be honest, if Obama were still President and this gas attack had happened, I could imagine him doing something similar to what Trump did. A "symbolic" bombing of the offending airbase combined with a warning ahead of time to evacuate personnel and a clear, coordinated diplomatic message that if Assad continues to use chemical weapons then the response will escalate, that could fit with Obama's approach to Syria as well. The difference with Trump is mainly that he's a clumsy and impulsive oaf who consulted or sought permission from no one and suddenly reversed himself without giving clear guidance to anyone, briefly causing a genuine WW3 scare. No one trusts his ability not to escalate or can guess if his future responses will be consistent with his actions here.

There's an idealized version of this attack that a lot of commentators are basically just projecting onto Trump, which explains why so many liberals are onboard with it even if it's just as stupid as that speech Trump gave that got Van Jones to call his Presidential (only for the next incompetent scandal to drop the next day).

not a whole lot of talk about how the shitshow that is the state department sent so many hosed up ambiguous messages (the Syrian people will decide if Assad goes etc) that it may have invited this attack in the first place

Tillerson is so god drat bad at his job and the lack of coordination on communicating foreign policy is gonna invite crisis after crisis

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/850490267186724864

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

im the small woodland creature looking on from the bg

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Jazerus posted:

indy def. eats a nuke, so does bloomington because there's a naval research base nearby

yeah, so might as well get to watch our dog run around happy in her own yard for a few months before we become shadows on the siding.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Bethamphetamine posted:

Hillary wouldn't be entertaining. But the conspiracy theories we'd get out of right wing media would be massively entertaining. Pizzagate still would have come down the pipeline, and I'd bet over 4 years there would be some more doozies way out of left field.

Now all we get is Obama shadow government stuff.

good point

like how Obama was boring and sane, but the birth certificate nonsense was so ridiculous as to be comical, and also launched the political career of a former reality tv star

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Don't doxx me bro

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

i'm the sly buzzard in the background, watching the end of america

hey get out of my head there's only room for one!! :(

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/850433324120236032

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Trapezound posted:

hey get out of my head there's only room for one!! :(

Recreate the ending to The Birds.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

good point

like how Obama was boring and sane, but the birth certificate nonsense was so ridiculous as to be comical, and also launched the political career of a former reality tv star

thanks obama

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

what in the world...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

That DICK! posted:

I'M FINISHING MY MASTER'S, GETTING MARRIED, AND MOVING FROM A ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT TO A THREE BEDROOM HOUSE. 2017 RULES EXCEPT FOR EVERYTHING GOING ON IN THE WORLD. DOO DALA DOO, DA DOO!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm hoping for wacky disc jockey antics

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Southern Indiana will be unscathed or a wasteland depending on if Crane gets hit

There's lots of game around and the whole state really is on a solid aquifer, and we won't eat too much fallout from wind here.

Deffo better here than in Detroit

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FireKushner?src=hash

unnnngh yeah thats the stuff

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

what a toolbag, jesus

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Shugojin posted:

i have a job i mostly don't hate but the world is on fire around me

The mayor of my city is being sued for molesting children. Other than that... TRUMP!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Since Bannon could be on the way down it'd be nice if they re-thought the whole "Put the Negative Version of a Good Candidate in each Cabinet Position to Incite The Downfall of the Globalist Menace! Muahahahahaha!" plan

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

I hope he records his own ad rolls for Scottevest

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

Southern Indiana will be unscathed or a wasteland depending on if Crane gets hit

There's lots of game around and the whole state really is on a solid aquifer, and we won't eat too much fallout from wind here.

also, s. indianan might be far enough away that the yellow stone volcano that russia will try very hard to set off doesn't affect you too much

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/850491288696766464

alright that's it the podcast bubble is burstin

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Cucks are like "I'm getting off the Trump Train" don't know that once you buy your ticket, there's no getting off.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

plus you can hunt trump voters.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
b-b-but obama

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

no rss server for the bernie show, itunes only

v. capitalist

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rushi posted:

b-b-but obama

it's barack

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

just watch the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMglzQERWgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUc2WSa66k

etc

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Solarin posted:

not a whole lot of talk about how the shitshow that is the state department sent so many hosed up ambiguous messages (the Syrian people will decide if Assad goes etc) that it may have invited this attack in the first place

Tillerson is so god drat bad at his job and the lack of coordination on communicating foreign policy is gonna invite crisis after crisis

Yeah, the missiles were the flashy part of the disaster but just as big a factor is America has no coherent, coordinated message right now. The state department's been sidelined or kept out of the loop before, but now it comes off as completely absent - when Tillerson does have something to say, it's short, ambiguous, and sounds like nobody's kept him updated so he's just guessing as much as anyone else. All told this was a relatively minor crisis in the timeline of a typical Presidency, and it had an edge of actual apocalyptic terror because no one in the whole world really understood what America's intentions were in a violent confrontation with their historical main rival.

God help us when something happens that really requires the administration to react, and quickly. Or something that demands international cooperation and trust between nations. All it'd take is another incident like this where Russia or China take the wrong read of the situation and "overreact" in response. I remember reading something yesterday that Mattis had been a sticking point during attack planning over concerns about killing Russian soldiers, if he was the one who pushed for informing Russia and Syria beforehand then imagine how easily we might've stumbled into a situation where Russia was reacting to completely unannounced missile strikes killing their personnel and destroying their planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

Jazerus posted:

no rss server for the bernie show, itunes only

v. capitalist

Just found it on Pocket Casts on my OP3. :shrug:

• Locked thread