Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

his invasion of syria is prolly gonna end in america being defeated he's so incompetent

dozens of F-35s spontaneously crashed today when their onboard computers became confused at a bright light in the sky during the daytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Don't worry, this just guarantees that his final position will be against it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Condiv posted:

his invasion of syria is prolly gonna end in america being defeated he's so incompetent

It's gonna be cool as hell when assad is president for life after overseeing the unconditional surrender of the US.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

inshallah

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the american invasion of syria came to a halt today when assad promised to open a line of trump hotels in damascus

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

It's gonna be cool as hell when assad is president for life after overseeing the unconditional surrender of the US.

hillary will cheer president assad's decision to gas protesting bernies

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

hillary will cheer president assad's decision to gas protesting bernies

wow it's not a gassing it's an indefinite detention in internet-deprived cubes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

internet-deprived

noooooooooooooooooo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

wow it's not a gassing it's an indefinite detention in internet-deprived cubes

we get individual coffins? :peanut:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

we get individual coffins?

well yeah how else is trump gonna bring jobs back to west virginia

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

look at that loving snake covering miles of nothingness, filled with people of the earth

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/03/20/nyregion/new-york-redistricting.html?_r=0

Cool I'm not in Park Slope's district anymore.

But I am in Williamsburg now.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

logikv9 posted:

well yeah how else is trump gonna bring jobs back to west virginia

they are made of coal

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

zegermans posted:

Juche forever

Gin and Juche, IMHO.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Gillibrand facts

-Clerked for a Reagan-appointed judge to kick off her legal career
-Said legal career defined almost entirely by defending Philip Morris from civil litigation and federal investigation (later received $23,200 in contributions from Philip Morris folks when she ran for Congress)
-Married to a venture capitalist
-The American Conservative stated after her eventual victory, "Gillibrand won her upstate New York district by running to the right: she campaigned against amnesty for illegal immigrants, promised to restore fiscal responsibility to Washington, and pledged to protect gun rights."
-Voted in favor of legislation withholding federal funds from immigrant sanctuary cities.
-Got into politics after being "inspired" by Hillary Clinton. Donated lots of money to Clinton, basically became the new Clinton in the Senate. Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.
-Now she's a progressive!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

Are dems still bad? If so, how many?

Yes; most of them.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vox Nihili posted:

Gillibrand facts

-Said legal career defined almost entirely by defending Philip Morris from civil litigation and federal investigation (later received $23,200 in contributions from Philip Morris folks when she ran for Congress)
-The American Conservative stated after her eventual victory, "Gillibrand won her upstate New York district by running to the right: she campaigned against amnesty for illegal immigrants, promised to restore fiscal responsibility to Washington, and pledged to protect gun rights."
-Voted in favor of legislation withholding federal funds from immigrant sanctuary cities.
-Got into politics after being "inspired" by Hillary Clinton. Donated lots of money to Clinton, basically became the new Clinton in the Senate. Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

hell yeah she owns now, problem?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
people shouting loudly against gun rights without coming up with some doublespeak euphemism like "pro-life" will never stop being funny

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Cool I'm not in Park Slope's district anymore.

But I am in Williamsburg now.

i'm the old 12th district, which jumped the river with the express purpose of encompassing chinatown until jumping back over

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

hell yeah she owns now, problem?

she spoke out against the syria strike so shes still firmly in the top 1/3 of dems, yeah

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

if 2020 was hillary vs hillary prime, who woud you vote for?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vox Nihili posted:

she spoke out against the syria strike so shes still firmly in the top 1/3 of dems, yeah

she's one of the 5 dems who just said "oppose" with no other qualifiers :smug:

we don't count paul, he is a weird eye fetishist

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Condiv posted:

if 2020 was hillary vs hillary prime, who woud you vote for?

the .45 ACP round entering my skull

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

FizFashizzle posted:

So who in Obama's administration was on his side?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Vox Nihili posted:

pledged to protect gun rights.

Good.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the .45 ACP round entering my skull

dems made guns illegal in 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol it rules that everyone in the democratic party is still a clinton hack and they all loathe him but cant say it because he's 100x more popular than them

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

lol it rules that everyone in the democratic party is still a clinton hack and they all loathe him but cant say it because he's 100x more popular than them

agreed bill clinton 2020 i guess

was really hoping for buttigieg but then again

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

she doesnt actually "believe in" any of that stuff, mind you

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

agreed bill clinton 2020 i guess

was really hoping for buttigieg but then again

poo poo, i forgot to say i was talking about obama. its obama that the entire dem establishment hates

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

Gillibrand facts

this is what i thought about gillibrand as well, but now she has a very progressive record in the senate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I support blowing Assad and his war criminal henchmen to pieces with cruise missiles but I don't for a second believe this administration can do that in a way that makes Syria a better place than before we intervened.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean that's really the calculus for intervening overseas. Will our actions make things better for the non-lovely people involved? If not, then don't loving get involved.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean that's really the calculus for intervening overseas. Will our actions make things better for the non-lovely people involved? If not, then don't loving get involved.

yeah, and turns out that bombs aren't very useful for building a civil society. who woulda thunk it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

i'm skeptical of military intervention in general. i mean, ok, i'm not gonna cry tears for the tragic loss of syrian warplanes, but does this attack actually help? does it move us toward a coherent political vision for syria? or did we just blow stuff up to feel good about ourselves, deepening our involvement in a civil war for nothing but platitudes about how serious people will take us now? does this strike even reduce the likelihood of assad committing war crimes? i don't really see what the benefit of this strike is other than to show we REALLY MEAN BUSINESS

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

this exactly. if you're a warmongering dem right now you're wishing evil upon the world because our commander in chief will not make any country he enters better. he's making GBS threads ours up already, and if you let him nation build he's gonna make lovely horrific nations and jared kushner's gonna be the president for life of one of them

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
There is no coherent political vision for Syria and there never will be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Matt Zerella posted:

There is no coherent political vision for Syria and there never will be.

Like most middle eastern nations it's an artificial construct foisted on the native population because European imperialism

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Like most middle eastern nations it's an artificial construct foisted on the native population because European imperialism

but it was a roman province, why would you need to split it up????

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

It's a MESS!!!

I've been on an Adam Curtis binge lately and yeah, there's no solution to any of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Matt Zerella posted:

It's a MESS!!!

I've been on an Adam Curtis binge lately and yeah, there's no solution to any of this poo poo.

:ssh: Adam Curtis sucks too :ssh:

• Locked thread