Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Turns out the English voice of Kamoshida was D.C. Douglas. I didn't recognize him, but thinking back I can kind of hear it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's closer to his normal voice, but that dude's voice always sounds like the most menacing thing ever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'd actually play with english voices if it was resi 1 quality voice acting

wow

what a palace

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

darealkooky posted:

so far while the villains haven't lived up to kamoshida seeing the team more and more get their poo poo together has made up for it

Cat: Let's get pancakes!
Obvious McFuturemember: Did someone say something about pancakes?
Team: Oh well! Let's go do a thing!

I thought Best Girl would as least not be dumb but then her story arc started.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Toranosuke (Sun link) is boring as gently caress and I'm only at rank 4 but feel like he's a waste of time already

Tora starts out slow but he goes full bernie sanders by the end and he rules. I'm just biased toward easy one like = one respect slinks tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh my god, The Cake Knight Rises is amazing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Tora and think he's pretty neat even though i'm still pretty early on in his link. If there's a Confidant that hasn't grabbed me it's Mishima but I really want those sweet exp boosts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Tora starts out slow but he goes full bernie sanders by the end and he rules. I'm just biased toward easy one like = one respect slinks tho

If it gets good, that's fine then. I do appreciate not needing a Sun persona on you for his level ups too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Tora is real good by the end. The big Christ you are boring slink so far for me is fortune.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Updated the OP to fix some of the conditions for the Confidants, hope I didn't miss anything in particular

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wow the stretch to the next safe room in the second half of the second palace is long. I got accidentally gibbed before I even found it (I was looking for the Madarame's feet password).

Now I gotta do the whole stretch again. Urgh.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 8, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Persona battles are really swingy compared to other RPGs I've played. Fights against the same enemies go from trivial stomps to you just got wrecked, based on whether you got the ambush or if you whiff on one spell.

I haven't gotten tired of it after a dozen hours so I guess it works though

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh my god. Hey, guy who was sad there was no Tanaka in this game? Your patience will be rewarded...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I love the change to the loading screen during the school trip.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I HAVE DEFEATED THE BURGER. THE BURGER WARS... ARE OVER.

Now if only I could find time to read all these lovely books and play all these old videogames...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dan Didio posted:

I love the change to the loading screen during the school trip.

I just love the location change loading screens. And the battle one. Takes a lot of sting out of the longer loads on the PS3 for me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, I wonder why I haven't seen many people talking about Hifumi because after a scene or two of her link i've decided she's incredibly good. Getting her and Makoto's link right after the 3rd dungeon was pretty great because i'm really liking both those confidants.

Also, I don't know if it's just me but the confidants, even the non-party ones, seem pretty decently integrated into the story. Like, not just with how every link you get a scene where Sae talks about how helpful these characters were for your crimes and everything, but more than a couple talk about the phantom thieves a bit as well and aren't just focused on exploring some characters that aren't really connected to the main story. Not all of them do this, but enough do that I feel it's a deliberate decision. A nice evolution of the Social Link formula.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Man, I wonder why I haven't seen many people talking about Hifumi because after a scene or two of her link i've decided she's incredibly good. Getting her and Makoto's link right after the 3rd dungeon was pretty great because i'm really liking both those confidants.

She was mentioned a ton a few days ago when everyone first met her.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

"I beat Persona 4 on hard my first time through. It was tough at spots, but the challenge was worth it. Let's play P5 on hard!"

>commences to die twice in the tutorial dungeon.

gently caress

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
One thing that's great about P5 over P4 is that you have an actual debuffer in your party again.

Is Yusuke pretty much the Yosuke of this game, battle-wise?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

One thing that's great about P5 over P4 is that you have an actual debuffer in your party again.

Makoto's more like Yosuke I think. I'm still pretty early in the game, but she has decent physical skills, magic, healing, and buffing. She seems more like the all-rounder of the group. Though I think she's a bit better than Yosuke.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Morgana you stupid cat let me go hang out at night time!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ann also seems to be a bit of a Yosuke, both getting Dekaja and later on Tentarafoo with Fire skills along the way + single target healing

I'm still trying to find Yusuke's roll in my line up, I'm subbing out Morgana for him. Now I need to make a good healing Persona as well as a something with Wind since I was covering for lack of Ice for so long that now I got Ice Personas falling out my pockets

e: Am I right in assuming that Regent Personas are there just to allow you to get a wide range of spells onto any other Persona? There's not like, any other secret purpose for em? It looks like you can re-summon them from the compendium either way, which seems a bit wild to me

I also haven't gone back into Mementos at all since they unlocked, I wanted to get a few more missions for them before wasting a day, just doing more. I assume eventually Mishima will give more eventually?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 8, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Moltrey posted:

Ann also seems to be a bit of a Yosuke, both getting Dekaja and later on Tentarafoo with Fire skills along the way + single target healing

I'm still trying to find Yusuke's roll in my line up, I'm subbing out Morgana for him. Now I need to make a good healing Persona as well as a something with Wind since I was covering for lack of Ice for so long that now I got Ice Personas falling out my pockets

e: Am I right in assuming that Regent Personas are there just to allow you to get a wide range of spells onto any other Persona? There's not like, any other secret purpose for em? It looks like you can re-summon them from the compendium either way, which seems a bit wild to me

I also haven't gone back into Mementos at all since they unlocked, I wanted to get a few more missions for them before wasting a day, just doing more. I assume eventually Mishima will give more eventually?

There are a couple ways to use Treasure Demons (of which Regent is the first). You figured out one of them, another is that when you unlock the ability to sacrifice a demon to give EXP to another, Treasure Demons give a x3 modifier to the EXP gained. They also usually can be made into pretty decent accessories once you unlock THAT option.

And yeah I'd say you should save up a decent amount of quests before going into Mementos, saves some time. Mishima does give more eventually, and you can sometimes get one as an S.Link progress requirement. Early on getting 3 or 4 is fine.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
You can also summon them up if you, for example, need a cheap emperor persona in your pocket for hanging out with Yusuke. Afterwards just fuse 'em when you go into a palace!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What are the best money making schemes to get the invigorate 3 accessory from Takemi?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Get Sun rank 2 so that you can ask for money repeatedly. Find an easy encounter near a safe room, ideally with a demon that gives lots of cash (Nekomata, Naga, etc). Knock them down, ask for money, repeat. If you get lucky, some encounters give you 4k x 3 early on. Death rank 7 also halves the costs.

This also works better if you have the persona you are fundraising with.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In the Nov-Dec palace, do I miss out on stuff if I send the card early?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I think they made Ryuji too good because he just does so much damage Headbutting and Rampaging everything. I'm only just before the social studies TV trip though.

I felt kinda behind on SLinks before but I'm catching up on Sun and Death and Chariot is as high as it can be for the time being so I guess that's OK.

Also if you don't do Sun Arcana whenever it's available you dumb because as people have already mentioned it's so muich extra money.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Do I want to steal all the romances that I can or not? Heistin makes me feel good, but I want to know if the pay off will be as funny as I hope it is for being everyone's boyfriend.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 8, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

bewilderment posted:

I think they made Ryuji too good because he just does so much damage Headbutting and Rampaging everything. I'm only just before the social studies TV trip though.

lmao, you haven't even unlocked his good skills yet.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So what level is everybody when they start the fourth dungeon?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The third palace boss mechanic is so fun you guys!

"Do you want to throw an item to distract from damage you could already avoid? (Y/N)"
"Y"
"Ok go reload your save because I'm going to throw a rare SP restore item because gently caress you!"

The funny part is even with a 2-man crew I got to nearly the end of the fight before ~totally random~ multiple misses at a critical point screwed me.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hunt11 posted:

So what level is everybody when they start the fourth dungeon?

30 here

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was like 28 for that, though I felt a bit underleveled coming out at 31-34.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully I have a save before I enter it as right now my level is 25.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay wow I'm really into the (beginning of fifth palace) Shadow Okumura design, it's real stupid

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
No yeah that one's great. Especially since it's basically just Mysterio from Spider-Man but you can see into the helmet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You're about to get one of the best scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tae posted:

You're about to get one of the best scenes

Is it the loving minigun coming out of Milady, because holy poo poo, that and the fiance robot who casts spells by bowing made me bust a gut.