Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Spellman posted:

Where'd you get that number, I thought it was 13 gigs

Some lego game apparently takes up more than the capacity than the Switch can hold on its internal storage, even if you buy physical, lol

Oo ok I think the 38 gig game was the lego game and not Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Calaveron posted:

Oo ok I think the 38 gig game was the lego game and not Zelda

Lego is 7.1

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
"Lemme just not get this consy until it's dead and I can buy every game ever released and have my perfect setup and then be satisfied as I let it sit on my shelf. Secure in the knowledge that all value has previously been drained."

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Why are so many people getting defensive about someone's microSD purchase? Even if 512GB does wind up being overkill, quite a few people who post in this thread spent $100+ on MicroSD storage when 256GB will be down to $30 by the time they break 128GB.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Everyone who sings the praises of Plague Knight says the controls eventually "clicked" for them, and it was blissful and they love the game 10x more than vanilla Shovel Knight.

Unfortunately I've never experienced that and still find the controls a bit clunky and cumbersome.

That is what Tohloo said about Plague. He started as an OK shovel knight speed runner but for him Plague just clicked and he dominates the speedrun boards for Plague Knight

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres my hot take

i dont have a personal stake in what any of you purchase

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

eonwe posted:

heres my hot take

I want everyone to be satisfied by having the necessary memory needed for their Switch games without having to overpay for unused space.

I also want a Koops Amiibo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

eonwe posted:

heres my hot take

I do, but then again I have a (tiny) stock portfolio.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

I want everyone to be satisfied by having the necessary memory needed for their Switch games without having to overpay for unused space.

I also want a Koops Amiibo.

:same:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was about to put my Switch in sleep mode and dock it because it only had 4% power left. It got stuck on the screen where you put it in sleep. It won't turn off and when I docked it, it still has the same problem. Should I just let it run out of power or is there a way to force it off? (I tried holding the power button but nothing happened.)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I was about to put my Switch in sleep mode and dock it because it only had 4% power left. It got stuck on the screen where you put it in sleep. It won't turn off and when I docked it, it still has the same problem. Should I just let it run out of power or is there a way to force it off? (I tried holding the power button but nothing happened.)

Hold the power button a long time, like 20 seconds.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LethalGeek posted:

Thankfully the power came back after a few hours.

I got these gripsthe other day and gave them a spin. I thought they were a vast improvement when trying to multiplayer and hit those little shoulder buttons. I don't even have big hands. So if you're thinking about some local multiplayer fun might want to look into those.

I got the colored ones (blue and red) but they don't come in stock on Amazon until 6/1. Anyone else selling them now?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 8, 2017

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Lobstertainment posted:

This is me. I did a big wtf is this poo poo when I started my plague knight campaign. 5 minutes later and this is easy peasy mode. Breezing through the game right now. I'd love to know the psychological reason why certain mechanics just work for some and not for others.

Edit: Oh, this link also really helped: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/pkmobility-tips-and-tricks/

I've read through those before and can't quite get it. I really want to get it so I'm forging ahead with the campaign. I'm going to hit a stage where I just lose all my money then I'll give up and move on to the new add on.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Someone came over to challenge me at the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo.

We played a bit in Tiny Mode then relocated to my TV and I picked up my Pro Controller and started pressing buttons trying to get it to sync with their switch.

As it turns out, the range on the Pro Controller is good enough to communicate with my Switch when it is literally on the opposite corner of the house, diagonally. Which is cool and all, except the part where I totally cancelled my at-the-boss run of Has Been Heroes and was back at the title screen.

Pro Controller's got range.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
you know what would own on this console

Spelunky

Derek Yu get to it!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

spelunky would own but hopefully at a reasonable price and not $30 like cave story

Hammer Bro. posted:

Someone came over to challenge me at the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo.

We played a bit in Tiny Mode then relocated to my TV and I picked up my Pro Controller and started pressing buttons trying to get it to sync with their switch.

As it turns out, the range on the Pro Controller is good enough to communicate with my Switch when it is literally on the opposite corner of the house, diagonally. Which is cool and all, except the part where I totally cancelled my at-the-boss run of Has Been Heroes and was back at the title screen.

Pro Controller's got range.

yeah the range and battery life are fantastic. it feels like i almost never have to charge it.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I've read through those before and can't quite get it. I really want to get it so I'm forging ahead with the campaign. I'm going to hit a stage where I just lose all my money then I'll give up and move on to the new add on.

If you're not feeling it and have ready given it a fair shake. I wouldn't worry all that much about it. Why bother? Video games are for fun.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Any decent looking games coming between now and Mario Kart 8?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

General Morden posted:

you know what would own on this console

la mulana, axiom verge

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ChocNitty posted:

Tetris is in there somewhere.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Tetris is in there somewhere.

like three days before mario kart haha

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cardboard Box posted:

like three days before mario kart haha

:lol: Why

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Graceful Explosion Machine was decent fun in portable mode, but playing it on a low-latency TV with a pro controller felt amazing.

ChocNitty posted:

Mr. Shifty looks good to me, won't know for sure til it comes out next week though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I have four amibii

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
One Amiibo, two Amiisbo.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Yay! My Switch arrived while I'm at work. Is there anything I should do apart from stay a screen protector and get to work on Zelda?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Any good sleeve recommendations? I recall someone posting a nice looking one that folded in such a way that the charging port was still accessible.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Any good sleeve recommendations? I recall someone posting a nice looking one that folded in such a way that the charging port was still accessible.

It was probably the one I got.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01N356CHC/

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I just got one of the zelda cases. holds the switch (even with the gel controller grips adding heft), 12 games in 2 carriers, and theres an extra pocket for cables/ flat things

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I might be the biggest Shovel Knight fan here but dudes, the Plague Knight control mechanics are mad frustrating. I mean, this seems like a fun mechanic, but jesus it's tough get good.

parallelodad posted:

It's charging an attack, jumping, releasing charge, attacking again. It's a little convoluted. Specter Knight is miles better.

It's actually Held Charge -> Jump + Release Charge + Double Jump. Though you can throw in an attack somewhere after the explosion jump for additional air time (or to go for a second explosion jump).

It's also not very convoluted and is quite simple. You just have a Double Jump + an extra explosion jump that you put anywhere you want. Holding a button charge is normal in platformer gameplay (Mario, Metroid, Megaman games past 3, etc), so here the charge is a combination of an attack + jump. Even if you mess around with the charge jump in normal gameplay, the normal explosion will usually cover you from enemies so you mostly don't have to worry.

It might take a couple of minutes to grasp it well, because it isn't at all what Shovel Knight played like and you'll need to understand how the explosion jump arc works and where to place it. That and the fact that Plague Knight doesn't have close range attacks, so you need to bomb everything from afar. But when you do grasp it, it feels like it has a lot more freedom than Shovel Knight and then you'll be zipping around the normal levels in no time. And just because controls take a little time to learn does not mean they are bad/convoluted in the slightest.

I couldn't really get much invested in base Shovel Knight cause he's pretty stiff and doesn't have a lot going on. Plague Knight, on the other hand, I immediately loved and clicked with and could just mess around with jumping mechanics for a while. I had more issue with the close range vs bomb change than the changes to jump.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I just got one of the zelda cases. holds the switch (even with the gel controller grips adding heft), 12 games in 2 carriers, and theres an extra pocket for cables/ flat things

Pretty mediocre case tbh. That's why there are always units left in stores

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It looks cool! And its perfectly fine to me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sitting in a theatre waiting for Ghost in the Shell and there's a switch ad.

Zelda, ARMS, Splatoon.

I must say their little tune is super catchy and I love the Switch click

Night and day marketing from the WiiU era (with the exception of kid/squid)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mr Phillby posted:

One Amiibo, two Amiisbo.

It's two Nintendos Amiibo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

It's two Nintendos Amiibo

Don't capitalize the a

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's amiibo?

Nothin, what's amiibo with you?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was just thinking about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and how it's so good I'll definitely pay full price for a Switch remake and it would even be worth putting up with the thread whining about full price re-releases.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tender Bender posted:

I was just thinking about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and how it's so good I'll definitely pay full price for a Switch remake and it would even be worth putting up with the thread whining about full price re-releases.

your bias is showing, diddyman

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The entire 1st/2nd party Nintendo developed titles of the WiiU should be ported at Nintendo Select prices and I'd buy them all in a heart beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Amiibo? Brother you better believe imibo!

• Locked thread