Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Scarf posted:

Clemson's rings came in. Left/right, top/bottom: Playoff ring, ACC champ ring, Nat'l champ ring.

Edit: For perspective... they're loving huge

What, no Atlantic Division ring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol you get a ring for making it to the playoffs?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You get a ring for whatever dumbass thing they want to pony up the cash for, Clemson money bought all those rings. Conference rings are like getting a ring in high school for winning your district, it's pretty sad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Celebrating things is cool.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU's best CB tore up his knee today so that's a big bummer for next season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

big rear end gaudy rings own

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

DJExile posted:

big rear end gaudy rings own

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

vyst posted:

lol you get a ring for making it to the playoffs?

The Bama band got rings the year we beat the Irish in Miami for some reason. They just sort of throw them around. Granted, we had to pony up for ours.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

You get a ring for whatever dumbass thing they want to pony up the cash for, Clemson money bought all those rings. Conference rings are like getting a ring in high school for winning your district, it's pretty sad.

As sad or less sad than not winning it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My family knows the guy that paid for at least one of those sets.

His box suite loving rules.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Holgorsendana/status/850345282525114368

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/bowallace14/status/849926422500134912

Dr. Bo is Mad Online and prescribing some lukewarm burns because the smart football guy said he was a worse QB than The Hefty Lefty

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Dr. Bo is Mad Online and prescribing some lukewarm burns because the smart football guy said he was a worse QB than The Hefty Lefty

I was hoping that guy was the other Chris Brown

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Hefty Lefty was a legit awesome to watch college QB

Also pro, high school, and arena

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

A&M's Maroon and White Game is tomorrow at 2 on ESPNU, if you want a front row seat to yet another season of Aggie QB drama. This time there are 3!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Wiggins: L'ville blocking transfer to 5 schools http://es.pn/2nLnxVc

Bobby Petrino is a despicable human being. What makes it worse is that Wiggins transfered from Georgia to Louisville to follow Grantham, and now Petrino is blocking him from doing exactly that again by not allowing him to go to Mississippi St. How petty is that? And how are coaches still allowed to do poo poo like this?

Raku posted:

Hefty Lefty was a legit awesome to watch college QB

Also pro, high school, and arena

The Couch/Lorenzen years were at the prime of my youth and are what made me fall in love with Kentucky football. They were fun to watch. It's a shame they started 11 cardboard cutouts on defense those years.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I understand not releasing players to play against you 6 months later, that makes sense, I'm not necessarily for it but at least that's reasonable but the other schools are just spiteful bullshit.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

MourningView posted:

Having watched both of them play I can tell you that anyone who would rather watch Dr. Bo operate vs The Round Mound of Touchdown juking linebackers like he was a thin man is a loving moron or a youngster.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
like look at this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAM3z69Ue44

dude could put on a loving clinic better than any mere doctor

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How many memorable college QBs (past like 1930) have worn a number outside of 1-20?

e: Doug Flutie for one other than Lorenzen.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 8, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jared Lorenzen really is the most impressive athlete of our time

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

How many memorable college QBs (past like 1930) have worn a number outside of 1-20?

Idk if you consider him memorable but didn't that qb for Michigan wear #98 or something?

And wasn't flutie #22?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh yeah I forgot about the Michigan guy, although that was a tribute and wasn't his normal number wasn't it?

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Heath Shuler

Mouse Cadet fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 8, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heath seems like he has a good attitude about being a bust, really.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about the Michigan guy, although that was a tribute and wasn't his normal number wasn't it?

Yeah they were doing legacy numbers for a while. Devin Gardner started out wearing 7 and then they were like "you're 98 now because we can do that."

Bobby Layne was the original great 22, at least in the pros. Don't know if he wore it at Texas.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Bo Wallace actually a legit Dr?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Wiggins: L'ville blocking transfer to 5 schools http://es.pn/2nLnxVc

Bobby Petrino is a despicable human being. What makes it worse is that Wiggins transfered from Georgia to Louisville to follow Grantham, and now Petrino is blocking him from doing exactly that again by not allowing him to go to Mississippi St. How petty is that? And how are coaches still allowed to do poo poo like this?

Like, how? He's a graduate transfer, is he seriously not allowed to go somewhere if his former coach says he doesn't like it?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Like, how? He's a graduate transfer, is he seriously not allowed to go somewhere if his former coach says he doesn't like it?

Grad transfer just means the waiting period is skipped, they're still bound by all other transfer rules.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Grad transfer just means the waiting period is skipped, they're still bound by all other transfer rules.

So then there's some NCAA BS that says you gotta get a permission slip. If this dude just flew the coop and showed up at Purdue the wrath of god would come down on them?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Stunt Rock posted:

Having watched both of them play I can tell you that anyone who would rather watch Dr. Bo operate vs The Round Mound of Touchdown juking linebackers like he was a thin man is a loving moron or a youngster.

Dr. Bo is both bad, and wrong

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's common practice for coaches to not allow transfers to schools they're scheduled to play in the next year or two, so they can't steal their signals or get inside information or whatever. Miss State and Notre Dame are not on Louisville's schedule soon so I dunno what's up with that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Pakled posted:

It's common practice for coaches to not allow transfers to schools they're scheduled to play in the next year or two, so they can't steal their signals or get inside information or whatever. Miss State and Notre Dame are not on Louisville's schedule soon so I dunno what's up with that.

Well MSU is obvious, Grantham left UL for MSU and Petrino is a petulant manchild so he's not going to let anyone follow. ND, I don't know, maybe he doesn't like Kelly although who could blame him there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
What I don't understand is why you'd be that loyal to Todd loving Grantham

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Familiarity with a coach and a system. It's probably his most direct route to starting and likely the place he'll have the most individual success since he knows the calls and packages.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Watching the orange and blue game. Franks looks about a squillion times better than he did last year as a true freshman. Barring some horrible injury, he's our starting QB.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

Watching the orange and blue game. Franks looks about a squillion times better than he did last year as a true freshman. Barring some horrible injury, he's our starting QB.

Give me a review of the game, I couldn't watch it this year

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spring football, y'all. Gonna go to the UGA Spring Game next weekend

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Scarf posted:

Clemson's rings came in. Left/right, top/bottom: Playoff ring, ACC champ ring, Nat'l champ ring.

Edit: For perspective... they're loving huge

You forgot the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
lol the ole miss spring game looks like it has less people than UAB's

• Locked thread