Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, attractive woman is only "meh", I'm so edgy :rolleyes:.

While SJ would definitely lose the GITS battle against a few of the cosplayers I've met, seriously? If anyone who doesn't like boys is saying they wouldn't, it'd better be because your wife can see what you're typing.

And if you do like boys, you know Batou is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Anime is poo poo, Ghost in the Shell is poo poo, no amount of Scarlett in a bodysuit is going to overcome that.

I'm going to go take a poo poo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

The new version of the movie doesn't do Batou justice whatsoever, there's a distinct lack of exploration into his love of large guns to the point that one crucial scene in the animated version differs in the live action one in a movie which apes the animated one massively (and yet has worse action scenes).

The car features a bit, Takeshi Kitano's character has a Lotus Elite and there's a Subaru XT sat in a car park but aside from that it's light on car fun. And fun in general. It's a super grey film that drags on far too long.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Yeah, it's a super boring film and as much as it means I should turn in my gay card, no amount of ScarJo in a bodysuit will make up for it.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Did any of you foolishness click on the build thread for that electric e46? Because holy goddamn, I've never doubted my technical aptitude more. I've got NOTHING on that guy.

E: quoting for a new page:

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, I think you guys are thinking too little of that thing, the original motor is gone. He has a really neat build thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1125667

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Anime is poo poo, Ghost in the Shell is poo poo, no amount of Scarlett in a bodysuit is going to overcome that.
You are wrong, laughs the fat controller. I mean, seriously, you ride road bikes, you loving deviant. How smart can you be?

Anime is a medium, not a genre. Learn to appreciate it as such. Mad Max is kinda crap objectively, but for what it is, when it was, and where it was filmed, it's 100% a classic, and anyone who doesn't like it should be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

EDIT: Fixing drunk spelling.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 6, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

glyph posted:

Did any of you foolishness click on the build thread for that electric e46? Because holy goddamn, I've never doubted my technical aptitude more. I've got NOTHING on that guy.

E: quoting for a new page:

drat you're not kidding. His custom boards look....factory? I'm immensely impressed at all of it.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Electric E46 is probably the best use of an E46 I've seen aside from the V8 swapped one Bape Culture is doing. And well done.

... but electric so meh.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

Electric E46 is probably the best use of an E46 I've seen aside from the V8 swapped one Bape Culture is doing. And well done.

... but electric so meh.

It's not even the electric propulsion. Agreed, meh.

It's the part where homeboy reverse engineered and kitbashed electric systems from like three competing manufacturers and got all the modern canbus whathaveyou that's gets fists shaking from sea to sea (Thems cars are too complicated these days!!!!) to cooperate.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

You are wrong, laughs the fat controller. I mean, seriously, you ride road bikes, you loving deviant. How smart can you be?

Smart enough to know Anime is poo poo

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
GITS was a mediocre anime to begin with at best with Kusanagi being a boring deus ex machina character.

The Tachikoma waxing existential made the TV show bearable.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shut up about anime you dorks.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 6, 2017

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
That gmc is what i want in the future wasteland
:perfect:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

InitialDave posted:

While SJ would definitely lose the GITS battle against a few of the cosplayers I've met, seriously? If anyone who doesn't like boys is saying they wouldn't, it'd better be because your wife can see what you're typing.

She looks like my sister, but always pissed off and on her period.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

EightBit posted:

post pics

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EightBit posted:

Microwave's Mom.jpeg in the making right here

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Oh god I thought this was some custom 2x 90* V6 beast. Somehow this is even better.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Those figures are ultra-lovely, but perfect.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Godholio posted:

Oh god I thought this was some custom 2x 90* V6 beast. Somehow this is even better.

I mean, the engine is pretty much the factory version of that. Four heads, two distributors, two intake manifolds... about the only parts of it that were actually unique to the 12 cylinder were the block, crank, and cam. It also never saw any sort of life in a pickup truck.

And while those figures look poo poo, it was up against early 6V-71 and 8V-71 Detroit Diesels and the like. It was all about low-end torque and low engine speeds.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

TotalLossBrain posted:

drat you're not kidding. His custom boards look....factory? I'm immensely impressed at all of it.

The guy lives in silicon valley, so probably his day job is electrical engineering or something and he makes circuit boards professionally.

If you want to feel better about yourself, he apparently has no idea how to do metalwork -- all of the welds are done by "a friend who's amazing at this" and some of them are still pretty dodgy-looking. And aside from the bellhousing adapter -- which I don't think he designed himself either, given that he has no pictures of the CAD model -- there's little mechanical work involved in the project.

It's a fantastic job with the electricals, though, no question.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

BraveUlysses posted:

well at least you get to see SJ wearing a body suit, no matter how bad the rest of the movie is...

Alaois posted:

there are like

5 movies where you can see that already though

EightBit posted:

That's not a very motivating factor.

Godholio posted:

Yeah, that's totally enough and I never want to see another.

:rolleye:

InitialDave posted:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The new version of the movie doesn't do Batou justice whatsoever, there's a distinct lack of exploration into his love of large guns to the point that one crucial scene in the animated version differs in the live action one in a movie which apes the animated one massively (and yet has worse action scenes).

The car features a bit, Takeshi Kitano's character has a Lotus Elite and there's a Subaru XT sat in a car park but aside from that it's light on car fun. And fun in general. It's a super grey film that drags on far too long.

Sinestro posted:

Yeah, it's a super boring film and as much as it means I should turn in my gay card, no amount of ScarJo in a bodysuit will make up for it.

InitialDave posted:

Anime is a medium, not a genre. Learn to appreciate it as such. Mad Max is kinda crap objectively, but for what it is, when it was, and where it was filmed, it's 100% a classic, and anyone who doesn't like it should be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

EDIT: Fixing drunk spelling.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Smart enough to know Anime is poo poo

Octopus Magic posted:

GITS was a mediocre anime to begin with at best with Kusanagi being a boring deus ex machina character.

The Tachikoma waxing existential made the TV show bearable.

Do I really have to tell all of you to quit talking about anime in the Awesome AI Car poo poo thread? For shame, AI.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

What about Anime Cars?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Adiabatic posted:

Do I really have to tell all of you to quit talking about anime in the Awesome AI Car poo poo thread? For shame, AI.

...I was talking about awesome cars, yo. Whether they appear in movies or cartoons is beside the point. Cars are cool. A custom Esprit is cool. Japanese nerds drawing old Euro sports cars is cool. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sagebrush posted:

The guy lives in silicon valley, so probably his day job is electrical engineering or something and he makes circuit boards professionally.

If you want to feel better about yourself, he apparently has no idea how to do metalwork -- all of the welds are done by "a friend who's amazing at this" and some of them are still pretty dodgy-looking. And aside from the bellhousing adapter -- which I don't think he designed himself either, given that he has no pictures of the CAD model -- there's little mechanical work involved in the project.

It's a fantastic job with the electricals, though, no question.

Reading that thread I immediately see the possibilities in the Lexus tranny as a self-contained EV drivetrain. If there was a simple one-box electronics solution that guy was selling he'd rake it in. He'll with the right rear axle you could fit that in my tiny FWD panda.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wonder what the GPM is on that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

BigPaddy posted:

What about Anime Cars?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...I was talking about awesome cars, yo. Whether they appear in movies or cartoons is beside the point. Cars are cool. A custom Esprit is cool. Japanese nerds drawing old Euro sports cars is cool. :colbert:

This is not "no anime" it's "quit derailing".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm the fan on crankshaft helping cool a probably too small radiator.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm the dodgy "only 11 were in wisconsin" grammar.

Okay.. why do we care how many of these engines were in Wisconsin?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Wisconsin is a crucible for old poo poo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Adiabatic posted:

For the record, I was specifically talking about SJ in form-fitting clothes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Post awesome AI car poo poo: shut up about anime you dorks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://i.imgur.com/Hw2Pi2h.mp4

Youtube link if the GIF doesn't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lFAduYgXs

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
But don't read the YouTube comments...

VVVV: Thank gently caress for that.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 8, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MrOnBicycle posted:

They've been disabled now so you can't.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrOnBicycle posted:

I didn't. I'm guessing 20% bitching about that chain of parts stores, 30% calling them dumb bitches, 10% having a go at the dad for being mean, and the remaining 40% being really dodgy comments about girls in what looks like early teens at most.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

InitialDave posted:

I didn't. I'm guessing 20% bitching about that chain of parts stores, 30% calling them dumb bitches, 10% having a go at the dad for being mean, and the remaining 40% being really dodgy comments about girls in what looks like early teens at most.

This is so optimistic for the internet in 2017.

90% misogyny, 10% all other.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Previa_fun posted:

Gubmint regulations say that misogyny has to be cut with 10% other because of the SJW lobby.
OTOH O10 fucks up certain lovely old models something fierce and makes them spew misogyny everywhere.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 8, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Previa_fun posted:

Trump then, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cars & Coffee this morning, pretty decent turnout. These were my favorites in attendance

These were so goddamned clean. I was in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Very nice.

This was in the drive-thru at the local on Sunday, grabbed a quick snap as I was heading off. Click for huge.