Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I kinda wish Fryviea was time limited so I would have no regrets selling all these loving moogles of hers I keep getting once the event is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

I have far better base 5* luck than 4*. 3x Lightning, TGC, Noctis, Emperor, Dark Fina, Olive, Dracwell, and Queen (lol). I've "only" bought the 2 $50 holiday bundles, but I'm still sitting at 10k Lapis, so it's not like I've blown it all on pulls. I've done 1 Lapis 11-pull (plus the free one) since maybe October. It's all 1/2 price pulls and tickets, I've really only used Lapis for refreshes.

Throw a DKC on the pile from today's 300 lapis ticket

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
This event grind is becoming soul crushing. It takes so drat long to drain 114 NRG and all I do is grind those bears...I tried to get some exploration macros going but they always glitch out or fail to repeat or get stuck somewhere for me.

I'll try and keep it up but depending on what week two brings, I may tap out after getting what I need.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 8, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This is what I'm doing, I can auto attack through it. Set and forget. 2000-3000 metal eggs.

Plus an additional 1000-2000 if you steal. Holy poo poo not even half my energy and I had 30k eggs. This is the best.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Daily half price pull was a blue crystal that turned gold and out popped Xon. :toot:

Cartoon Man posted:

This event grind is becoming soul crushing. It takes so drat long to drain 114 NRG and all I do is grind those bears...I tried to get some exploration macros going but they always glitch out or fail to repeat or get stuck somewhere for me.

I'll try and keep it up but depending on what week two brings, I may tap out after getting what I need.

For the bears I've started reliably one-rounding them with embolden->napalm->doublecast firagas->fire flask(or whatever the best AOE is that my buddy brings). Burning 100+ energy definitely takes a fair bit of time, even with the two trash waves just getting blitzed with waylay and a single thundaga. OTOH, it's a minimum of 6k eggs per hour (due to Xon stealing an extra 1k per run) so at this point it's a race to see if I get the moogles to complete a needle and vestment or if I craft all the items first. Definitely starting to revise my plans to farm the event for the full duration to try and grind out multiple vestments. Getting 150-200k metal eggs per day is going to be far more than is necessary though.

Haven't checked how much the metal eggs sell for but I'm guessing 50 gil each like most event currency. Could be some fantastic money making if anyone's running low or trying to stockpile for enhancements.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So is there any reason to make everything from this selection? What does Icy Veins even do?

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Evil Fluffy posted:

Haven't checked how much the metal eggs sell for but I'm guessing 50 gil each like most event currency. Could be some fantastic money making if anyone's running low or trying to stockpile for enhancements.

Metal eggs sell for... 1 gil. As do Red, Blue, and Rainbow. 1 gil each.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I made a simple macro for the egg summon gacha. Now I can reliably drain all my 10,000 eggs like it's nothing. You guys should too, it's not that hard. Just hit record, click through the process, then stop recording. Just make sure to watch it cause if it crashes out it may go sell your Orlandu or summon Bedile...

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I just summoned my 9th Chizuru in 14 days...It was funny at first but what the hell do I do with this many?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So is there any reason to make everything from this selection? What does Icy Veins even do?

Unless you are drowning in TMs, everything in this event is worthwhile (except staff of wrath) . Crown of Justice is a fantastic healer hat, Black Bandanna is lil babby f2p Black Cowl. If you have a Refia or Luneth, it is 150% perfect for them, as it shores up the one hole in their disable immunity.

Icy Veins is, for most characters, on par with or better than a domination ring (the 15% atk/mag one), as it gives +18 ATK, +18 Mag, 10% ice resist, and if you want to doublehand it, you can. If you luck into Fryevia and don't have crazy good poo poo to put in those slots, it is -stupidly- good for her, giving her 36 attack and 27 magic each, plus another 9 attack if you give her a real doublehand.

Cold Snap is a domination ring with poison immune for anybody who's gonna wear heavy armor, so treat it as such.

Second Knife is exactly what it says on the tin, it's another dual wield, doesn't eat a materia slot, and even if that second attack is gonna be weaker, it's going to be there, giving you double break chance, or in your first hand, adding an element/stat break before your other, stronger weapon hits.

Magical and Radiant Eggs are pound for pound better than hero rings except for the part where you can't turn them into higher tier rings later, but hey, they don't cost megacrysts, so keep a few handy anyway if you've got nothing better than +10% atk/def or 10% mag/spr.

Palleon posted:

I just summoned my 9th Chizuru in 14 days...It was funny at first but what the hell do I do with this many?

Quickfarm some blade masteries.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't give a poo poo about anything in this event.

Cold Snap and Icy Veins are both worse for me than the improved Hero rings and Second Knife is just a placeholder for another Dual Wield.

If you're a new player this is probably a pretty good event as the Staff is good for what it is, and the Bandanas are nice and you could get a few for your team along with the Knife.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
In addition to my egg summon macro, I now have a working four bears macro. Big thanks to Niton for his advice on Discord.

To make your own macro, it takes some prep work, research, and willingness to spend NRG to get it right when you fail.

First, get a solid team that can run the level exactly the same, every time, regardless of who your friend unit is. Because there is so much variance in a friend unit, you should only have the friend unit do a basic attack and nothing else.

Next, practice the level several times in the emulator to make sure you can do safe consistent mouse swipe button presses with precision. When you're ready to do this for real, press record on the macro options screen and select the correct mission. For my team, I open round one with Xon using good old waylay before anybody does anything else. This ensures he always gets a steal off. Then I set up the remaining four team members of my party to do their best AOE attack. Finally I push the auto button once then twice to turn it back off. This will kill round 1 with no issues. When round 2 starts, you have to wait a good amount of time to begin in order to account for attack animations of the friend unit in the previous round. I'm paranoid about a dual wield Hope showing up that I pause a good 30 seconds before doing anything in round 2. For round 2, I once again manually select Xon's waylay and have him steal before doing anything else. After that, I press repeat and it will kill all of round 2. Round 3 begins the same way with a 30 second pause. With the bears, I just go ahead and open by pressing repeat because there is no chance I can kill them before Xon gets his steal off. If you are able to consistently kill these bears and steal all in one round, congratulations, your macro will be all set. For me, it takes two rounds. YOU HAVE TO ALLOW A LONG TIME BEFORE STARTING YOUR SECOND ROUND ATTACK. A lot of things can happen here. What screwed me over was not allowing enough time for a dual wielding Lightning to both attack, get hit by a bear, and then double counter-attack afterwards. I put a good 60 seconds in here and that fixed all my glitches. My final action was to just hit repeat and it kills them. Then you just have to click through the dungeon complete and loot screens and get back to the mission select and you can hit stop on the recorder!

It sounds harder than it actually is, but it can be done. It just takes some practice and patience and maybe an NRG refresh or two. Join Discord if you want advice while you set yours up.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 8, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Speaking of macros, egg farming, and upgraded hero rings, if you have one or more Lockes and a strong friend unit you can just use a generic "wander around and auto-battle" macro in the Aquatic Cove exploration in Olderion to farm light megacrysts and eggs, since his limit burst also steals. It doesn't get the absolute maximum amount of eggs, but it has been netting me 8.5k-11k eggs per 10 nrg exploration, plus any megacrysts. All you have to do is occasionally keep an eye out that people aren't dying or poisoned, which is easily fixed since Locke can equip poisona and cure.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PDQ Law posted:

Speaking of macros, egg farming, and upgraded hero rings, if you have one or more Lockes and a strong friend unit you can just use a generic "wander around and auto-battle" macro in the Aquatic Cove exploration in Olderion to farm light megacrysts and eggs, since his limit burst also steals. It doesn't get the absolute maximum amount of eggs, but it has been netting me 8.5k-11k eggs per 10 nrg exploration, plus any megacrysts. All you have to do is occasionally keep an eye out that people aren't dying or poisoned, which is easily fixed since Locke can equip poisona and cure.

Allow me to introduce my exploration egg seekers!

Locke and Paul both have LBs that steal. Paul comes from FP summons and mostly sucks, he's there to fill in for missing Lockes. Santa Roselia has a LB that both heals and cures. The regular Roselia has the same LB, but mostly any character with a healing LB will work in that slot. All you have to do if pick a decent friend unit without an AE LB, and an auto-explore macro will do 1-4 steals per a fight thanks to all the LB steals.

Using this team and macroing through Fire Shine is getting me between 3500 and 4100 stolen eggs per a run. On top of the 8000 to 11000 from kills.

Cartoon Man posted:

First, get a solid team that can run the level exactly the same, every time, regardless of who your friend unit is. Because there is so much variance in a friend unit, you should only have the friend unit do a basic attack and nothing else.

If you want to eliminate the variance that a friend unit's attacking can cause, issue a defend command to that slot. It doesn't solve counterattacks on the bear quad, but makes the first two rounds predictable.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The wiki has an adjusted chart of exploration gil if you're Waylaying with Xon every battle, in case you're like me and instantly lose track of how many battles you've done.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KDdidit posted:

Throw a DKC on the pile from today's 300 lapis ticket

I got my 6th Zidane. Started fusing them.

Honestly, this is beginning to make up for rainbow garbage I got twice before they changed the rules.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I want to smoosh these Zidanes together soooooo bad

I'm at 100% with 4 of them. If I leave 1 behind I'm at 96.6....

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I've already got enough Freyvia moogles to instantly get her to 70% trust when/if I pull her. I'm running out of space saving moogles for a character I'll never pull. :shepicide:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I've already got enough Freyvia moogles to instantly get her to 70% trust when/if I pull her. I'm running out of space saving moogles for a character I'll never pull. :shepicide:

Oh I'm sure Gumi has a way to resolve that. :shepspends:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh man yellow crystal! Hey Xon, lets--oh its Chorizo #6, poo poo

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

Oh man yellow crystal! Hey Xon, lets--oh its Chorizo #6, poo poo

Don't worry, it can get worse

rio
Mar 20, 2008

How can I make my CoD not poo poo? I am using a moon ring blade, which is pretty lovely, and I can't find anything better. She is maxed out but she hits like a wet noodle.

Also is there a guide somewhere about what to do with these eggs? I have a bunch of metal eggs sitting around and apparently they are used for crafting but google isn't helping.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

rio posted:

Also is there a guide somewhere about what to do with these eggs? I have a bunch of metal eggs sitting around and apparently they are used for crafting but google isn't helping.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/The_Egg_Seekers

Use the metal eggs on that bottom banner to get more eggs used to craft items.

Use your tickets/Lapis on that second banner till you get Xon...

:getin:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 8, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What are these bears being mentioned?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Freed up a handful of slots

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

HGH posted:

What are these bears being mentioned?

Boss of the final level "Beast of the plains".

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Snow_Plains

That level drops the most eggs per NRG outside of an exploration. It's due to the four bears at the end you can steal from and kill.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rio posted:

How can I make my CoD not poo poo? I am using a moon ring blade, which is pretty lovely, and I can't find anything better. She is maxed out but she hits like a wet noodle.

CoD is hosed in the weapons department, her best non-TMR weapon (Locke's Rising Sun) are from events or the Thorned Mace from the Attack of Antenolla vortex boss. The Battle Hoop from the last event was a decent weapon for her too if you picked that up. She has Man Eaters too so she's best for fighting human-type enemies. Otherwise she's more of a support with DPS options, Omniviel is good for getting multiple element resistance up, Return is an AoE esuna, and Aura Ball is a rare ATK AoE break.

She can also be a pest in arena if you give her the Golem Staff from the Ghost Ship exploration and barrage or bladeblitz with it. It has a chance to petrify and smacking the entire enemy party with it has a good chance to petrify somebody. Plus almost everybody is a human and subject to Man Eater, damage is capped at 999 so huge attack isn't necessary, and the AI will never hit her with Raise to OHKO her.

Otherwise she's just been subject to the power creep of these games. She got 6* ages ago and hasn't really kept up with what the hot new characters can push.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
CoD has found her way into my party often. Mostly due to her versatility. She's pulled my rear end out the fire a number of times especially when a healer gets silenced or confused or I need Esuna pressure taken off the healer.

The other reason for her in my parties is she is currently in my top 3 of highest physical damage: CoD, Chizuru, Mercedes.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So what exactly is the main goal for this event anyways?

Most of these collectathon ones you at least aimed for the TM. What about this?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Shoenin posted:

So what exactly is the main goal for this event anyways?

Most of these collectathon ones you at least aimed for the TM. What about this?

Collect a poo poo ton of eggs, craft everything you can. Next week we get the ability awakening update (enhancements) and you'll be able to trade some of the event currency, probably rainbow eggs, for the super crysts needed to awaken powers on certain characters.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
farm for the event items or new unit tms

then wait to see what they add in week two

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I've just been assuming that I'm gonna want those eggs, and have been burning all my energy on gathering them

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Eat the eggs

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if only you could fuse them to units

rains been eating a lot of eggs and his att is through the roof

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: not paying attention I accidentally bought another crafting slot instead of collecting my egg.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gyoru posted:

Freed up a handful of slots

i was looking at your freyvia today and going "holy poo poo what the gently caress goddamn what in the hell" and you apparently broke 1k magic since then. i had to look up on the wiki one of her items because i've never even seen white knight noels tm. goddamn dude she's good.

oh also hello goons my half price pull today was xon, i have no idea where this outrageous pull luck has come from lately but it's really a nice change of pace.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

:negative: not paying attention I accidentally bought another crafting slot instead of collecting my egg.

Theoretically, at some point, if they follow what happened in JP, we'll get a refund on crafting slots.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

i was looking at your freyvia today and going "holy poo poo what the gently caress goddamn what in the hell" and you apparently broke 1k magic since then. i had to look up on the wiki one of her items because i've never even seen white knight noels tm. goddamn dude she's good.

oh also hello goons my half price pull today was xon, i have no idea where this outrageous pull luck has come from lately but it's really a nice change of pace.

:same:

Olive and Orlandu from the FFT banner (in less pulls than it took to get Xon :v:), then Freyvia while trying to get Xon on this one. I'm either going to get Rikku right off the bat or not get her even after ~100 pulls.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got a Patches completed. The proc rates were kinda meh but vengeful strike hits like a truck. Gonna try it out for awhile. Also I've managed to max all but one esper and that will get finished up tomorrow. This event owns just for the ridiculous number of megacites and cactaurs.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I has been one week since I started focusing on getting enough Brilliant Rays to awaken Refia to 5-star. I started with two, presumably obtained from the Enchanted Maze but I can't be certain. I have, with very rare exception, only done Chamber of Awakening PRO with my energy. My actual gameplay for this week has been the Chamber and the arena, that's it.

After today's runs so far, I have nine; I still need four more. I have ludicrous amounts of other materials, including 36 holy crystals and 54 sacred crystals, but after a week I've gotten approximately one Brilliant Ray per day. I've started to forget what the rest of the game actually IS, all I know is those four fights and the arena.

I'm doing something wrong, right? There's some way to increase chances of dropping certain types of items that I'm not doing? I just want a Refia that doesn't suck, but god drat this game's just not giving it to me.

• Locked thread