Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

Is this game going to expect me to do anything?

Beat Ganon. Everything else is optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Dang I trolled myself pretty good. I saw one of those flying machine videos on youtube and Link was wearing what looked to be some kind of renaissance style piece of clothing with a ruff around his neck. Combined with the Royal equipment sidequest, I figured there would be some kind of Royal clothes you would find in Hyrule castle. After scouring the entire thing like 6 times, I finally gave up and went on to take down the final divine beast. I got to Rito Village, and realized it was the Snowquill tunic :(

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Which horse stables let you change saddles & stuff? I've been to 4 now and can't find anyone to do it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
God damnit. I just want a 5-star speed horse. I don't care about any other stat. I just want fast hors. Where is fast hors. TELL ME WHERE.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They're good horses, Brint

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Zelda's horse is fast.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thats the exact number you need for all the inventory upgrades. Though I didn't get that much until right after i beat ganon, which i didnt do until after i got all the shrines. That guy up there is quite dedicated

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

w00tmonger posted:

Just got the captured memories quest. Where should I go from there?

If that's the main quest that has to do with the camera, do the painter's quest in Kakariko since it really helps with that one.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Zelda's horse is fast.

It's not, actually. It's got 3* speed. That's two less than maximum. I want MAXIMUM HORSE SPEED.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spergatory posted:

It's not, actually. It's got 3* speed. That's two less than maximum. I want MAXIMUM HORSE SPEED.

Mine had 5 speed.

E: I think? I have a horse with five speed and I only have three horses and that's the only good one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Speed =/= Stamina. The horse boosts are stamina.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Spergatory posted:

God damnit. I just want a 5-star speed horse. I don't care about any other stat. I just want fast hors. Where is fast hors. TELL ME WHERE.

You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.

Funny. Earlier today I randomly saw a horse exactly here, broke him and he was a 4-4-5 horse. Good hors.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Found a 2-5-3 horse exactly there. Great for cruise control. I named her Fast Hors. :downs:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

In the area I spoiled, the horses are the following stats:

5/3/5
2/5/3
4/4/5

They are very good horses. :3:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Stats don't matter. What matters most is how pretty your horse is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Stats don't matter. What matters most is how pretty your horse is.

Indeed. It's why I made room for Bluebert.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Has anyone pranked their horses yet? Like put them on a giant metal block and magnesis it, or statis on a giant stone slab they're on, or tie some platform with octoballoons.

I need the most intense horse pranks.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I (unintentionally) used my horse as cover from a Guardian laser. Death is kind of a prank

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
As I got impatient with sneaking up on horses, I came up with a somewhat less humane, more 'interesting' way of getting them into a mountable position; freezing them with ice arrows. :sweatdrop:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I pranked my horse once by whistling for it and then just running along side it for a long stretch of road. I'm not good at pranks.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I whistled for my horse inside a labyrinth once. :roflolmao:

He found me. :stare:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Mega64 posted:

Has anyone pranked their horses yet? Like put them on a giant metal block and magnesis it, or statis on a giant stone slab they're on, or tie some platform with octoballoons.

I need the most intense horse pranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLP_-qEIIk

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Spergatory posted:

As I got impatient with sneaking up on horses, I came up with a somewhat less humane, more 'interesting' way of getting them into a mountable position; freezing them with ice arrows. :sweatdrop:

Dropping apples around where they are at works as well. Got a 5 star speed horse from that place mentioned up thread thanks thread!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Spergatory posted:

I whistled for my horse inside a labyrinth once. :roflolmao:

He found me. :stare:

You treasure that horse. I'm going to imagine it was Akkala labyrinth.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

gently caress you stable-keeper my new best friend skeleton horse is a good boy and I'll not have you insult his manners.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Expose him to the sun and let his soul be free to roam alongside the Great Stallion in the sky

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Have Kilton house those monster horses

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Spergatory posted:

I took a page from the speedrunners and parachute onto new ones.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I am now a man. I killed my first Guardian.

I freely admit it was immobile and I had cover such that it couldn't hit me as I leisurely, but still a little nervously, plinked away at it with one of my nice bows. Regular arrows seemed to work ok since I was hitting it in the head. I was surprised they were so effective. I found if I hit the actual eye, though, it doesn't do nearly as much damage - must have a diamond as a lens or something.

Also I must be super conservative with arrows or something, because I'm always walking around with like 200+ when all I've seen is people saying you need to just buy every arrow you see. I'm pretty sure I haven't even bought any.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spergatory posted:

I wonder if that works with the Lord of the Mountain?

Fucker keeps avoiding my HALO insertion.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I would be concerned if I had become a man when I killed my first Guardian. Not going to spam up the thread with personal pics but here is a link to my face: http://i.imgur.com/MhP5ooD.jpg

It does make you feel pretty drat powerful though so good job!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I really like the Master Sword hitting against a Guardians. Makes me want to go for the legs more.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, they really nailed the feel of owning bones with that sound effect and hitstop.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It glows blue too like how it senses orcs

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

GobiasIndustries posted:

Which horse stables let you change saddles & stuff? I've been to 4 now and can't find anyone to do it.

Look for the girl tending to the horses. She's there at different times of the day but usually around noon. Just note you need to have max bond.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

a.lo posted:

Have Kilton house those monster horses

So long as he has room for my bear and they patch in the ability to ride the ostriches around Death Mountain.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HERAK posted:

So long as he has room for my bear and they patch in the ability to ride the ostriches around Death Mountain.

the dlc better have the ability to strap fish to my feet

alternatively mounting sidon

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I've just realised that I definitely want them to go Majora's Mask for the sequel but in a different way than most people. Given the huge cool world they've designed and the baller physics engine they've built, how loving amazing would it be to roll around it at the speed of sound? I wanna be a Goron again! I want to roll around the land as a Goron, jet swim the seas as a Zora, and rule the skies as a Rito. They could even give the races different fighting styles and strengths and weaknesses; Gorons could wield two-handed weapons as if they were one-handed and take less damage, but the trade-off is they break weapons faster because they're just so manly and strong. Zora could make you extra flashy with a spear but weak against elemental attacks. Your Rito form would be agile and super accurate with a bow but take more damage from enemies due to your fragile bird skeleton. Hell, they could even throw in a Gerudo mask that makes all the men want you and gives you the ability to dual-wield swords (and washboard abs).

(gently caress Deku Scrubs, they have no place in the New Hyrule Order :argh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Korok mask would be too strong