Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which of the love interests is most likely to support a program of anarchist anticapitalism

your hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
CAN'T STOP ME ATLUS WITH YOUR RULEZ

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"4 oz hot coffee
1 tsp granulated sugar
2 oz brandy
2 oz heavy cream

Pour the coffee into an Irish coffee cup or glass. Add the sugar, and stir to dissolve. Add the brandy, stir again. Pour the cream over the back of a teaspoon over the top of the drink so that it floats, and serve."

Allow me to give you some trivia about brandy, now that you've finished your glass.

Did you know? Brandy isn't just valued for its taste. It's often poured over Christmas pudding in the United Kingdom, then set alight. It just goes to show; sometimes presentation truly trumps taste. And that's your brandy trivia for the night.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bardeh posted:

I'm in the third palace, and the only damage type I'm missing is Bless. I can't see any option to get some with the Personas I have, but I could probably summon an old one. Does anyone know the easiest way to get a Persona with either the single target or AoE bless skills?

I got a Regent from a second-palace treasure demon which allowed me to fuse bless onto other ones

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is there a forever alone or bros over girls event like P4? This is important as I need to overschedule Akira to be the bestest HS/thief/rebel in the world.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I got a Regent from a second-palace treasure demon which allowed me to fuse bless onto other ones

Hmmm I'm pretty sure I got that too, but fused it and didn't get Bless. I'll resummon him and try again.

E: wait maybe I sacrificed him like Igor told me to do, which seemed to only give an xp boost. Man, this Persona fusion stuff is still confusing as hell.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 9, 2017

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Begin scene:

Highschool Me's Nokia brickfone chirps

MSM: It's Becky, the maid who shakes with desire to see her master! I'll comfort you again today starting at only $50

Highschool Me: gently caress yeah, I got $50 I took off that dream demon me'n the boys killed yesterday in Inceptionspace. Buy gas, food, or get laid?

-Payment is sent. Becky comes to Highschool Me's room wearing a french maid outfit-

Becky: Hey it's me! Are you ready?

Highschool Me: Hell yeah. $50 is a lot of money but I'm on autopilot at this point.

-Becky proceeds to do a halfassed job sweeping my dingy room. Then talks about her aging looks and some bullshit about a sick sister.

Becky: Well Im done, see yah, and keep ya mouth shut!

Highschool Me: This went exactly as I expected it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Motto posted:

MegaTen's pretty fond of feast-or-famine battle dynamics, though your options will open up and make things easier as you go.

e: Game over on MC death is a bit of a headscratcher after mainline dropped it though.

The thing is that feast-or-famine is something which is fairly recent, really only being codified with SMT4. Even Persona 4 wasn't that bad; you COULD get blindsided with a bad string of crits or instant death attacks but that wasn't overly common, just incidental. SMT Nocturne actually was pretty good with giving your party a lot of staying power and while things could go south quickly it was attrition which was the greater danger.

(SOMEONE is going to link the Mot video from Nocturne if I don't bring it up and let me get ahead of that by saying while that was total bullshit it was also one demon with a nasty combination of abilities and not every demon can just infinitely chain Megidolaons whenever they want)

P5's combat outside of boss fights so far has reminded me a lot more of SMT4, which... isn't that great a comparison, honestly. It's not as bad, because they give you all the tools you really need to get ambushes in battle like 95% of the time but as a result of that you get pretty severely punished by letting enemies get any attacks off at all. In pretty much any fight where I let 2+ enemies get a round off I'm getting hosed up. If one of those enemies has an AoE attack I'm probably losing a character in a single round regardless of crits or weakness.

I noticed almost immediately that fighting archangels in the first palace was more dangerous then fighting the actual end boss of the palace because the end boss' attacks did straight up less damage with attacks then the archangel trash mob chilling in front of his boss room. Clearly because a boss fight can't be resolved in an ambush they needed to put a thumb on the scale as far as difficulty goes.

Maybe this'll change in later dungeons as I get ahead of the difficulty curve but its' been my experience for the first two palaces.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Futaba is Best Girl you all better be nice to her!!!

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Meiteron posted:

I noticed almost immediately that fighting archangels in the first palace was more dangerous then fighting the actual end boss of the palace because the end boss' attacks did straight up less damage with attacks then the archangel trash mob chilling in front of his boss room. Clearly because a boss fight can't be resolved in an ambush they needed to put a thumb on the scale as far as difficulty goes.

Maybe this'll change in later dungeons as I get ahead of the difficulty curve but its' been my experience for the first two palaces.

Seriously. I just beat the boss, and honestly it felt like a very well balanced, appropriately difficult for first dungeon boss. I went into it expecting hell, but I'd frankly rather do that fight over again than go through the string of archangel fights.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i love that the gunshop dude (and his theme) looks like he came from a mainline SMT game

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

is there any good tumblrs for smt / persona content

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RME posted:

i love that the gunshop dude (and his theme) looks like he came from a mainline SMT game

Still my favorite dialogue option

RME
Feb 20, 2012

tithin posted:

is there any good tumblrs for smt / persona content
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oo3swqYfKH1tvqurg_480.mp4

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
"Time to button mash" is way better dude, c'mon. :colbert:

Meiteron posted:

SOMEONE is going to link the Mot video from Nocturne if I don't bring it up and let me get ahead of that by saying while that was total bullshit it was also one demon with a nasty combination of abilities and not every demon can just infinitely chain Megidolaons whenever they want

The real reason that doesn't really count is because it's obviously a glitch. Every other demon with Beast/Dragon Eye can only use it once a turn and that's it.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Something I'm loving about this game is how they're shaking up the formula.

(after dungeon 3 spoilers) A good example - in the last couple of games it's gone the same way - you rank up Fool, something big happens, then Judgement replaces Fool and you rank it up on the way to the end.
So I was shocked to see the Judgement Confidant introduced roughly halfway through the game when Fool was still rank 6.

It's surprising me mechanically and in the structure of the story, and I am loving that.

Also I can't get over the idea that we have Nuclear damage. That's great.

I'm also enjoying that it's very easy to understand that what we're doing is very morally sketchy. There's an argument that the Thieves' actions are for the greater good, but it's a far from airtight one. It's reminding me of Death Note a little, especially with the way people keep going on about Justice...

I didn't mind Dungeon 3 too much, thought the beginning of it was utterly brutal since I didn't have any kind of Bless damage or instant kill. I was completely stuck until I managed to catch an Angel and do some wasteful fusions and sacrifices to get those skills on a decent Persona. Did the dungeon in two days - one just for the first floor, second for the entire rest of the dungeon which was an utter slog especially with the final area.

Just introduced to the 4th bad guy and we're going after Anonymous, huh? Should be... interesting. I had a feeling this was going to happen, someone had way too much fun writing those poll tracker comments

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I liked the second dungeon but didn't like that it took so many times of leaving and coming back. I could have easily one-shot it if I wasn't forced out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

I liked the second dungeon but didn't like that it took so many times of leaving and coming back. I could have easily one-shot it if I wasn't forced out.

you only have to once don't you? I think it's one of the smaller dungeons, they kinda have to have the roadblock to keep everyone from, yea one shotting it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Should I feel bad for not being able to complete the first dungeon in one day? I got up to the mini-boss at the halfway point and my SP is just toast. Ann's got like 50% left but everyone else is tapped out.

I'm not exactly expecting to max all the Confidants in one playthrough or anything, so I'm not too upset that it's taking multiple days, but I feel like I should've been able to pull this off.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fair points, I was thinking of adding that they'd gone hard-in on it lately with stuff like Smirk.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

RME posted:

"Welcome to Weapon World"

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

When I'm interacting with a Confidant, and it mentions that the protag doesn't "think it will deepen my bond yet," does it mean that I need to hit some other criteria before it will deepen, or that I just need to hammer out some hanging out time with them?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

One extra day is basically two actions, right?

I'm terrible at min-maxing and even doing the second dungeon in the minimum time possible I probably blew my time-saving by going to the wrong job or making lockpicks

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

geri_khan posted:

Also I can't get over the idea that we have Nuclear damage. That's great.

Nuclear is from Persona 1 and 2 where it was one of the types of Almighty damage. Psychokinesis meanwhile is from Devil Summoner 1. As in actual Devil Summoner 1, for the Saturn. It's cool to see them brought back but I'm also kind of disappointed they didn't go all the way and just include Gravity again (and Force as well but that's almost never around WITH Wind anyway so whatever).

That they didn't break Phys and Gun down into their ridiculous constituent components is more understandable given how everyone has different weapons of each type and all so just umbrella-ing them makes sense at least.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kalsco posted:

When I'm interacting with a Confidant, and it mentions that the protag doesn't "think it will deepen my bond yet," does it mean that I need to hit some other criteria before it will deepen, or that I just need to hammer out some hanging out time with them?

You just need to hang out with them to get more friendship points before the rank increase will happen. If there's some other criteria locking the Confidant then it will straight prevent you from hanging out, and say you need X stat to be at Y level, or that you need to wait for Z plot to happen.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The instant I get enough charm to continue Makoto's social link, the game starts spewing plot at me and shows no signs of stopping. How am I supposed to get an anime girlfriend like this :argh:

edit: oh wait I think I still need one more level for Makoto, never mind then

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 9, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seriously how do people not know who the Phantom Thieves are with someone like Ryugi around

From the start to where I am he's done nothing but just shriek WE ARE THE THIEVES WE ARE SO COOL and its maddening. Especially given (spoilers for palace 2 onward) the fact the "hideout" is literally a public line and not even hidden away.

I'm sitting in a scene on 9/2 and He's just yelling it in the middle of school now and just how is this happening.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 9, 2017

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
We Need To Talk About Mishima

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Farg posted:

He kind of creeps me out and I'm half expecting him to be the final boss at this point

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Farg posted:

He's bad and boring

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He kind of creeps me out and I'm half expecting him to be the final boss at this point

i recommend prioritizing his social link, because it goes places and also the bonuses are nice

hahaha joker i bought a gun isn't that awesome! i need a gun to defend myself because i'm so popular because i know the phantom thieves! i'm just gonna hang out with my gun in this cafe!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

omg lmao

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

He's bad and boring

Don't sign your posts :smugmrgw:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

Should I feel bad for not being able to complete the first dungeon in one day? I got up to the mini-boss at the halfway point and my SP is just toast. Ann's got like 50% left but everyone else is tapped out.

I'm not exactly expecting to max all the Confidants in one playthrough or anything, so I'm not too upset that it's taking multiple days, but I feel like I should've been able to pull this off.

Personally, I got through the first dungeon in one day and that's where my SP was for the most part. I mostly got by by abusing the fact that using physical skills until you need healing is way more SP efficient than using magic. If you get caught by something like a non-miniboss archangel though you pretty much just have to run because you got nothing to deal with it by that point.

This owns

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Klisejo posted:

"Welcome to Weapon World"

The alternate timeline where Colbert didn't get the Late Show

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Getting legit bummed out about Morgana. Spoilers up to 9/3 I was kind of hoping that he wasn't just Teddie 2.0 story wise but... games kinda hinting that no, he really is just another Teddie. Really not happy if thats the case.

Like I've had the thought that he's the "other user on a whole nother level" due to him coming with a persona already and having a black mask but... iunno.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't decide on Makoto or Tae. This is tearing me apart.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This is great. So is The Cake Knight Rises.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I went with Makoto, Makoto best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

have u considered... Sadayo?