Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tempest_56 posted:

Also the fluff suggests that Green Bridge will only be rescuing someone to tell us where Kento is, rather than actually grabbing Kento, so they're teasing that plotline out longer.

I'll be glad enough to be wrong if this turns out to be the case. Though I really don't understand how we're supposed to understand the classic heists' chronology now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

RandallODim posted:

I'll be glad enough to be wrong if this turns out to be the case. Though I really don't understand how we're supposed to understand the classic heists' chronology now.

The chronology is whatever you want it to be man, we're re-hitting something because of old times sake or because history is hilariously repeating itself.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

The chronology is whatever you want it to be man, we're re-hitting something because of old times sake or because history is hilariously repeating itself.

Since I believe in Heat Street Bain directly references that we've done this exact sequence of events before, I think it's the second.

Still kinda dumb, but I think it lends more credence to the nutty idea that this is Heister Valhalla, so events repeating is entirely sensible.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Tempest_56 posted:

- Incendiary Grenade. Doesn't leave a pool of fire like a molotov, but sets stuff on fire. Comes in a 6-pack.

Two words: White. Phosphorous.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

Two words: White. Phosphorous.

You're still a good person.

edit: I am sad that we finally get a Five Seven and it's got crap stats.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 8, 2017

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

UnknownMercenary posted:

edit: I am sad that we finally get a Five Seven and it's got crap stats.

I dunno. It's specifically for dealing with shielded cops if you're building around pistols.

It's a utility, not a centerpiece.

OVERKILL_Tobias posted:

Armor Penetration: We now release the an armor piercing pistol that some may think will kill the use of sniper rifles but we believe that the drawbacks of the pistols compared to other pistols or sniper rifles is enough to let it earn its place in our arsenal. Have a go with it let us know what you think. It has high damage and low ammo compared to most pistols but will be able to make easy work of armored cops and shield units. When standing it up to the Sniper Rifles its low damage and accuracy but high rate of fire and concealment. We hope that this new gun will let you think up new and interesting builds.
Please let us know how you will use the new 5/7 AP Pistol.

JohnnyOso fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 8, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's not really an excuse for the gun not even getting a guaranteed pickup of 1 bullet. Even with a full pistol build it's not going to be one-shotting shields on a regular basis.

Everything else about it is ok but it's got shittier pickup than the crappiest sniper rifle. :laffo:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It has all the makings of a good gun - gently caress all ammo, gently caress all pickup, middling damage...

UnknownMercenary posted:

That's not really an excuse for the gun not even getting a guaranteed pickup of 1 bullet.
Its pickup rate is apparently 0.3 - 0.4. Without a perk or a skill, you're not getting a bullet ever.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 8, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
"We have made a pistol to replace the sniper rifle by making it have everything even worse than a regular decent sniper rifle. Instead of improving either original gun or bringing some of the sniper's capability to share it between guns we only just made a horrible mutant that no one would ever bother to use!"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

so I paused the update on this dead gay game so i could play a good one then when i was done my 350mb download has magically turned into 10gb. wtf?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

It has all the makings of a good gun - gently caress all ammo, gently caress all pickup, middling damage...
Its pickup rate is apparently 0.3 - 0.4. Without a perk or a skill, you're not getting a bullet ever.

It only goes up to 0.53 to 0.70 with Fully Loaded aced. Truly the best pistol.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

So it has the ammo of a Thanatos and a fraction of the damage. Nice.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

It only goes up to 0.53 to 0.70 with Fully Loaded aced. Truly the best pistol.

Christ that's bad. Hadn't realized it was that low.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I never thought a community gun would be the worst in the game but here we are. I'm guessing Vox is salivating over making us use it for a challenge of some sort.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kill 10 shields in one heist with it without using an ammo bag.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

Kill 10 shields in one heist with it without using an ammo bag.

On One Down. It'd be too easy otherwise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hey Wilko? You should hire MarioInATopHat to be your promotions guy because he can make any build look cool in his little videos.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
The armour piercing pistol is also reduced in usefulness for another reason: pistols already murder shields quite well with aced Shock and Awe. So I would really only consider it for akimbo suit builds.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I thought I knew that song. Wow wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPhXKak_bHw

Also, I got the bone armor from a safe I paid $.50 for. Hopefully they'll still be worth something when it's tradable.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Manuel Calavera posted:

I thought I knew that song. Wow wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPhXKak_bHw

Also, I got the bone armor from a safe I paid $.50 for. Hopefully they'll still be worth something when it's tradable.

I want that bone armor so get at me when it's tradable.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, tried out the 5/7 for a couple heists this evening and it's lousy. Could be good, but the ammo situation is utterly crippling.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm wondering if the ammo pickup is a bug.

Crabtree posted:

I never thought a community gun would be the worst in the game but here we are. I'm guessing Vox is salivating over making us use it for a challenge of some sort.

I wasn't, but since you asked...

The best defense... - Kill 30 shields in thirty shots with the 5/7 AP pistol.
While I'm at it,
Dance Party - kill 5 special enemies with damage from a single incendiary grenade.

Basticle posted:

so I paused the update on this dead gay game so i could play a good one then when i was done my 350mb download has magically turned into 10gb. wtf?

It has to do with the package system the game uses for compression and updates.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 9, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
new post for stream infodump highlights.
  • On Infamy 3.0: "Since we had a pretty bad reception on our current idea when we showed it on a twitch Stream, we will re-work it and see what we show you at a later date."
  • On free GL: They are aiming for a free counterpart for every DLC weapon type.
  • On useable riot shields: Good idea, they'll consider it, not thought about it before. (vox sez: this would be impossible to balance)
  • On No Mercy: All classic heists are coming to payday 2.
  • On soundtrack update: It's being worked on, will happen soon.
  • On updating older heists with newer features: "It's been a discussion but it has a nostalgic value as well that we don't want to ruin"
  • On desync: We are working on a desync fix/performance issues.
  • On missing voice lines/more stuff like green bridge raincoats being added/more enemies/another historical pack: hopefully:)
  • On additional difficulties/suit customization/additional tournament levels/weather system: Not happening.
  • On HRTs/fbi vets coming back: We will look into it.
  • Will we be getting the Gensec smg and shotgunners back, or were the shotgunners replaced with the heavy reinfeld guys? "we might mix up the enemies a bit in the future." (vox sez: yikes) otoh, "
    we are looking into the balance. but we dont want to rush any decisions. but we now that the enemy HP is a huge community divider"
  • On stealth: desync is being worked on. They are considering a new stealth enemy or enemy feature. one down stealth is being looked at right now. "Stealth is super hard to create, cause you want it to be diverse and have a good replayability, but without having to much RNG so it feels unfair. its a loot of trial and error in creating these kinda of maps."
  • On weapon balance: "we will look into weapon balance when we get the chance. but we wont rush any major changes." :ironicat:
  • On adding L4D2 Nick: no current plans.
  • On BE, DMRs and Bulldozers: "no i think BE is in a good spot right now, but i am monitoring the community to see the reactions. We will look at DMRs to see if they are in the right spot in the balance. We are looking at all enemies at once, and we will not rush any major balance changes. but the bulldozer is much more interesting when he is heavy and when he hurts." (vox sez: that's a good sign!)
  • On a suggestion for time attack mode: "we talked about time atack mode as maybe the stealth version of one down. we might have other ideas aswell but the time thing is fun." (vox sez: time attack for a high-level stealth map would be a disaster, since stealth has so many random factors).
  • If you could add any one thing to Payday 2, with infinite budget and scope and no outside problems (like copyright for instance), what would you add? "dedicated servers."
  • Will there be anything to make offline play more interesting? "we are working on something you might like :)"
  • A redditor mentions fire effects in specific cause performance problems. "we will optimize fire so it has better performance."
  • What is the hardest PD2 achievement? "hmmm hard question, probably tabula rasa"
  • On melee: rework coming soon.
  • If you could make anything for the next DLC, what would it be? "An airport stealth heist."
  • Several good suggestions for Crime Spree: We will/ are planning/will look at those. (vox sez: the sniper oneshot at higher levels will be addressed).
  • Random heister selection: will look into it.
  • Armor workshop: being set up right now.
  • Worst bug: Alesso, it had a game breaking bug before release with no repro that took forever to find.
  • Kento is implied to become a heister by a couple of Joakim's responses. It's far from certain though.
  • Not all clues are available for the puzzle yet.
  • The current Payday 2 devteam is about 60 people.
  • Akimbo Revolvers? maybe :) in response to another question, "We will look into revolvers pretty soon."
  • Current end of Payday 2 support: end of 2017. It's implied that this may be pushed back if the game does particularly well.
  • Biggest regret during development? "I don't really have a regret, but maybe One Down should have been a Modifier instead of a full Difficulty."

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 9, 2017

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Tabula Rasa over OD goat or any of the harder 4 player cheevos like reputation beyond reproach? Do they even play the game? Hell most of the endurance cheevos like doc miserable are worse. Also BE?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Tabula Rasa over OD goat or any of the harder 4 player cheevos like reputation beyond reproach? Do they even play the game? Hell most of the endurance cheevos like doc miserable are worse. Also BE?

Body Expertise. It's worth noting that Joakim is a producer, not a designer, and is at a remove from the less central stuff like achievements. He likely focuses on Tabula Rasa because it's a requirement for unlocking a skill profile, and the internal discussion over using it as a gating device was something he interacted with more. BE is Body Expertise.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

All that talk about "we don't want to rush any balance changes" from those ama answers is loving hilarious.

The gun balance is in such a weird loving place right now because they didn't want to walk back any of their HP bullshit.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

• On No Mercy: All classic heists are coming to payday 2.

I still fear it won't translate well, but :woop:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I want the Code Silver remix, personally.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
:yeah:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

I mean, we're already getting Green Bridge. Don't forget that Heat Street already lost something in translation by not having the OG Heat Street's spawning mechanics, and just giving us regular assaults while littering the map with SWAT vans as possible turret spawns.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I mean, we're already getting Green Bridge. Don't forget that Heat Street already lost something in translation by not having the OG Heat Street's spawning mechanics, and just giving us regular assaults while littering the map with SWAT vans as possible turret spawns.

Well yeah, but I never much liked Green Bridge to begin with. :v: And Heat Street was only fun if you had a team that was good enough to not wipe at the construction yard or the storefront. I'm all about the Diamond Heist and No Mercy though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

Body Expertise. It's worth noting that Joakim is a producer, not a designer, and is at a remove from the less central stuff like achievements. He likely focuses on Tabula Rasa because it's a requirement for unlocking a skill profile, and the internal discussion over using it as a gating device was something he interacted with more. BE is Body Expertise.

Ah. Yeah, Tabula Rasa was a turning point for the game's design, so I guess I can understand that. Still, they should force everyone to play OD goat simulator for at least one hour or to completion.

So how many more heists are we going to get total, assuming PD2 development ends this year?

No Mercy
PD1 Diamond
Green Bridge
An original heist featuring Kento
???

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

clockworkjoe posted:

Ah. Yeah, Tabula Rasa was a turning point for the game's design, so I guess I can understand that. Still, they should force everyone to play OD goat simulator for at least one hour or to completion.

So how many more heists are we going to get total, assuming PD2 development ends this year?

No Mercy
PD1 Diamond
Green Bridge
???

Why would they stop PD2 development this year? It's Starbreeze's bread and butter at this point, and it's been confirmed that they'll continue to develop for PD2 until there isn't a market to sustain it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Why would they stop PD2 development this year? It's Starbreeze's bread and butter at this point, and it's been confirmed that they'll continue to develop for PD2 until there isn't a market to sustain it.

this year is all the longer they have pledged to support it. the pledge could, of course, be extended.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

No Mercy
PD1 Diamond
Green Bridge
???

Judging by previous years, we'll probably have at least one tie-in heist of some sort.

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

Tempest_56 posted:

Judging by previous years, we'll probably have at least one tie-in heist of some sort.

Hey gang, we're here to announce another character pack, the Ninja teenager.

To differentiate him from the existing asian-themed characters, we're re-balancing the melee damage for a few weapons while using this perk deck.

The katana will grant crits while spamming a voice line, the kunai now has 45 concealment, and the Kazaguruma has 500 damage while equipped.

Otherwise, all three weapons now have -10 concealmeant and play a fart noise while using them. Good luck, heisters!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

JohnnyOso posted:

To differentiate him from the existing asian-themed characters, we're re-balancing the melee damage for a few weapons while using this perk deck.

The katana will grant crits while spamming a voice line, the kunai now has 45 concealment, and the Kazaguruma has 500 damage while equipped.

Otherwise, all three weapons now have -10 concealmeant and play a fart noise while using them. Good luck, heisters!

I'm supersized we didn't get a Major Kusanagi barbie doll character but one day, this sort of thing will come to Payday in one way or another.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

JohnnyOso posted:

There are better Lionsgate options.

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

True, but that is a rabbit hole we'd never get out of, and Naruto seems like a much better fit for the demographics.

Though I wouldn't mind a goofy arms drifting at your sides animation for it, a la Bodhi's trick with tasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

maswastaken posted:

Setting the ammo pickup to be technically higher than 0 but still low enough you won't ever actually get anything from it is overkill as gently caress