Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long I'll have a Switch before I give into the amiibo craze. :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

For real? Post Zelda I still have Neo Turf Masters but I yearn for more. I yearn, Jerry.

It's really good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

For real? Post Zelda I still have Neo Turf Masters but I yearn for more. I yearn, Jerry.

shovel knight is insanely good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna buy and enjoy jackbox

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

eonwe posted:

shovel knight is insanely good

And the Custom Knight mode that the amiibo unlocks is ridiculous in a good way.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No that's bad, get this one:

ADVcer Nintendo Switch Carrying Case, EVA Waterproof Hard Shield Protective Travel Case with Detachable Hand Wrist Strap for Nintendo Switch Console with Joy-Con Controller and Game Card (Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDZVM4J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6uv6ybW18SES4

Slim, strong, holds lots of poo poo.

I cannot deal with the elastic bands, I want to put the thing in the case and close it. The zipper does the function of keeping it inside, I do not need the elastics. I wouldn't buy it and cut the elastics out because the elastics are indicative of a larger problem with the ideology of the manufacturer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nolgthorn posted:

I cannot deal with the elastic bands, I want to put the thing in the case and close it. The zipper does the function of keeping it inside, I do not need the elastics. I wouldn't buy it and cut the elastics out because the elastics are indicative of a larger problem with the ideology of the manufacturer.

I bought it and cut the elastics out and no it's fully awesome and very good. There is no ideology because it's basically a generic case. Sorry it rules no big deal.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
My only Amiibo is the one of Midna that comes with Twilight Princess HD.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Man this definitely looks like the sequel that Fantasy Life should have got, both on style and in expanded features (seems to have a harvest moonesque farm system). I dig it.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Got a K.K. Slider amiibo; now awaiting Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Music Theory posted:

Got a K.K. Slider amiibo; now awaiting Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch.

I hope they finally change the rolling camera. I want Animal Crossing Switch to look like Animal Crossing Mario Kart 8 course.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I want an online MK8/Animal Crossing game.
People still race on the Animal Crossing stage, but others are playing Animal Crossing in that same stage.
Need to get to the pond to fish? Better hurry across the road, first place is almost here.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You know, I love Snake Pass, but I have spent a good portion of this game watching Noodle do whatever the gently caress he wants while I yell at him to stop falling off everything.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Noodle is a good name.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It really is.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Shovel Knight extremely owns.

I really should have listened to the RLM guys.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Important question:

How do I log onto a WiFi network on the Switch using the WPS button on the router?

I was able to log my 3DS and my Wii U using WPS, but I don't know how to do that on the Switch.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Nolgthorn posted:

What's this ideology?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Patter Song posted:

Important question:

How do I log onto a WiFi network on the Switch using the WPS button on the router?

I was able to log my 3DS and my Wii U using WPS, but I don't know how to do that on the Switch.

WPS is profoundly vulnerable, use the actual password.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sometimes I am not sure what I enjoy more, playing the switch or just having/owning it. Anyone else?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's this ideology?

safety, i assume

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

SilverSupernova posted:

I don't think a full sized Guardian will fit in your butt.

Who said anything about butt? :parrot:

The case I have doesn't have elastic bands, just a zippered pocket flap that lays on top of the console that can velcro to to the case

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's this ideology?

parents killed in an industrial elastic accident, they will not rest until every elastic company has been driven out of business

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Sometimes I am not sure what I enjoy more, playing the switch or just having/owning it. Anyone else?

i spend at least 3 hours a day staring at it, powered off in it's dock

my wife tells me i have a problem but the switch tells me i don't so it's probably fine

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It really wouldn't shock me if Hyrule Warriors 2 gets announced this E3. If it does, I hope they include Groose this time.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Picked up a Switch and Zelda yesterday from GS. I thought Nintendo said they'd fixed the left joycon issue going forward? Maybe the one I bought was in transit prior to that cause I have a UPS label printed out now.

It's way smaller than I was expecting but it's comfortable. Nuts that Puyo Puyo Tetris is $10 more for the physical version, but I'm excited for it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

zelah posted:

Nuts that Puyo Puyo Tetris is $10 more for the physical version, but I'm excited for it.

I thought Nintendo said they were forcing the digital and physical to have the same price? If they're going back on that then thank god

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spacebump posted:

It really wouldn't shock me if Hyrule Warriors 2 gets announced this E3. If it does, I hope they include Groose this time.

Nah, they are releasing a FE one this year

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_X

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I wonder how long I'll have a Switch before I give into the amiibo craze. :homebrew:

I kinda want OoT Link for his outfit, or maybe Wolf Link to run around in game with me, but Nintendo's never going to rerelease (good) Amiibos are they? :saddowns:

Spacebump posted:

They just need to walk out on stage, say "a proper Pokemon game is in development for the Switch, it'll be out this holiday season" then micdrop and moonwalk off the stage as everyone loses their minds and the Switch becomes even harder for people to get their hands on.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I vaguely remember that thing, but had no idea it came with a Switch-like dock. It's pretty humorous that Nintendo would make a superior version five years later. Then again, the Neogeo games I've bought so far could stand to run better. Metal Slug 3 has some pretty irritable slowdown.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Speaking of wolf link, is there a way to get more than 3 hearts on him?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Did you finish the cave of shadows?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

You play the cave of challenge or something in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U that you open with your Wolf Link amiibo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yes the Cave of Challenge. I forgot that I was an idiot/

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
booo i dont a wiiu. I should just 'hack' the drat thing to give more hearts to him

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

booo i dont a wiiu. I should just 'hack' the drat thing to give more hearts to him

Calling the police rn.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*buys an exclusive wii u amiibo*

i don't want an wii u

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

poo poo, I need to send my Pro controller and left Joy-con to Nintendo like now, so I can have them back before Mario Kart 8 comes out. Left Joy-con is left joy-conning and the d-pad on the Pro controller is faulty. The analog sticks tend to rebound a touch past center too but I don't think there's anything to be done about that. I feel weird saying they should push out a firmware update that adds more deadzone to them.

Oh, and my tablet's screen is slightly raising off the surface on the battery side, but I'm just gonna gamble on that until Nintendo implements cloud save backups, if they ever do that... I can't even be mad that nearly every component of my Switch has problems, early adopter etc.

enojy fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 9, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

enojy posted:

I vaguely remember that thing, but had no idea it came with a Switch-like dock. It's pretty humorous that Nintendo would make a superior version five years later. Then again, the Neogeo games I've bought so far could stand to run better. Metal Slug 3 has some pretty irritable slowdown.

When I think of Metal Slug I think of slowdown. Is this slowdown that it wasn't supposed to have? The KOF 98 I got is working out just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Breath of the wild is a good game.

• Locked thread