Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
in this thread, i am torn between nihilism and faith in a higher power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wikkheiser posted:

thats weird, thats me on days that end in day

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wikkheiser posted:

Nihilism is the higher power, friend.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wikkheiser posted:

I think you'll find we live the best of all possible worlds

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im a bit concerned that god is a nihilist

or, at least, is a nihilist from our perspective because hes busy doing poo poo on a universe scale and aside from telling us how to do poo poo once hes busy as gently caress

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

sneakyfrog posted:

punch everyone :colbert:

Your new av is sweet.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Relevant Tangent posted:

Your new av is sweet.

my first redtext Im a big boy now!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It woulf work better on the poster who got banned for doxxing the bath guy in the diy forum

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

It woulf work better on the poster who got banned for doxxing the bath guy in the diy forum

it WAS the avatar i bought for the dude before he got banned for doxxing said bathroom so its extra neato

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oh lmao

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

Oh lmao

apparently his final OWN on me. :shrug:

so i guess im owned hard

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She stuck with him while he had ants crawling out of his sleeves.

The woman was a drat saint.

whats the ant stuff? i have heard about bits and pieces.

Wikkheiser posted:

you look at the alt-right, and you go "holy gently caress"

and you look at SJW columnists for the daily beast and you go "holy gently caress"

i'm lost. confused. i'm scared. i don't know what to do. i shitpost. i need answers.

ehh. they are 2 sides of the same coin. dumb assholes who think IDpol is the be all end all of everything and use it to cover for being lovely or broken people.

Not a Step posted:

I think a core tenet of the alt right isn't so much the Crusades in the notion of assaulting the Middle East, but the Crusades as reclaiming land they perceive as 'theirs'. So for an alt righter, attacking the Middle East is a violation of their sovereignty and expending American/White (depending on their level of racism) lives over Brown People soil. The perfect alt-right world is where everyone peacefully self segregates by 'cultural beliefs' (i.e. race).

i think its more of a mix of "kill the Muslim hoards" and their hard ons for past Europe.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Arthur Chu had a wife, lmao.

She divorced him because she didn't like being married to a celebrity, lmfao.

i thought she left him because he was giant narcissists who cared more about "being progressive" on twitter and was ignored her, plus was emotionaly abusive?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

i thought she left him because he was giant narcissists who cared more about "being progressive" on twitter and was ignored her, plus was emotionaly abusive?

He only got into all that because of his fame. Once he became a semi-celebrity he started caring more about what strangers think than his own wife.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats the ant stuff? i have heard about bits and pieces.

A few months before she divorced him she was just owning him non-stop on Twitter.

She had an amazing follow up to these tweets saying that Arthur is definitely not just a hive of vermin in human clothes, but I can't find it right now.

Apparently their house was infested with ants for years, because they were nesting in their heating system.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Cheong was just a dude who bought in hard to Brand Liberalism after being an edgy teen, but then he said the wrong thing at one point and was cast out from the Citadel of Brand Liberalism, and instead of saying "Man, those people have loving terrible praxis" he went back to being an edgy teen.

Chu is if Pete White was also Billy Quizboy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bushiz posted:

Cheong was just a dude who bought in hard to Brand Liberalism after being an edgy teen, but then he said the wrong thing at one point and was cast out from the Citadel of Brand Liberalism, and instead of saying "Man, those people have loving terrible praxis" he went back to being an edgy teen.

Chu is if Pete White was also Billy Quizboy

yeah thats about right.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He only got into all that because of his fame. Once he became a semi-celebrity he started caring more about what strangers think than his own wife.

A few months before she divorced him she was just owning him non-stop on Twitter.

She had an amazing follow up to these tweets saying that Arthur is definitely not just a hive of vermin in human clothes, but I can't find it right now.

Apparently their house was infested with ants for years, because they were nesting in their heating system.

jesus what a sack of poo poo chu is.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Baloogan posted:

im a bit concerned that god is a nihilist

or, at least, is a nihilist from our perspective because hes busy doing poo poo on a universe scale and aside from telling us how to do poo poo once hes busy as gently caress

we killed god

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nihilism is great

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Well someone had to.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its more of a mix of "kill the Muslim hoards" and their hard ons for past Europe.

Its still an obsession with reclamation rather than conquest. Syria is home of the brown people. If you attack them there they will move out to invade Europe, which because they are very dumb and largely ignorant of history they believe to be home of the white people. The alt-right would rather we attack them in Europe so they flee back to Syria. Although because many alt-righters are libertarians as well who would never dream of breaking the NAP its not about attacking, its about making things so intolerable that they 'self-deport'.

logikv9 posted:

nihilism is great

existentialism is better

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Not a Step posted:

existentialism is better

it doesn't matter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:smugdon:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

HorseRenoir posted:

apparently richard spencer tried to escape in a taxi but made fun of the driver for being indian, so the driver decided to abandon his own cab instead of help him lol
thats a really glorious picture

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

logikv9 posted:

nihilism is great

say what you will about the tenets of :smugdon: dude at least its a :justpost:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

logikv9 posted:

nihilism is great

Make American Nihilism Great Again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend posted:

Make American Nihilism Great Again

perfect
manga

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wikkheiser posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/850809759523635202

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no ring

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. they are 2 sides of the same coin. dumb assholes who think IDpol is the be all end all of everything and use it to cover for being lovely or broken people.

of course, you naturally being above any sort of bias, have the correct ideas :smug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

apparently richard spencer tried to escape in a taxi but made fun of the driver for being indian, so the driver decided to abandon his own cab instead of help him lol

I like that he is such a racist dickhead that he has to be a dick to the one person who could honestly help him.

Race Realists posted:

of course, you naturally being above any sort of bias, have the correct ideas :smug:

nah, i wish. honestly its just depressing. funny but depressing. honestly.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Race Realists posted:

Well, he's right. They're both people who have wrapped themselves up in some sort of cultural fight and see all things through that lens.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Well, he's right. They're both people who have wrapped themselves up in some sort of cultural fight and see all things through that lens.

I'll make sure to tell BLM protestors to shut up about :byodood:EDPOLE:byodood: thx

out of sheer morbid curiosity i visited the Something Sensitive boards, which is pretty much /pol/ for ex-goons too retarded even for GBS

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Apr 10, 2017

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
They really latched onto that dog poo poo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Race Realists posted:

I'll make sure to tell BLM protestors to shut up about :byodood:EDPOLE:byodood: thx

out of sheer morbid curiosity i visited the Something Sensitive boards, which is pretty much /pol/ for ex-goons too retarded even for GBS

Lol

Those boys are gonna have such lovely and confusing lives

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Race Realists posted:

even in the confines of its own constructs that comic can't maintain coherency

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
mr peanutbutter no

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
alt right meltdowns over syria are pretty uncomplicated, they're basically buchananite paleocons, which is to say isolationist social conservatives. some of whom are are capable of understanding that wahabbi terrorism isn't something that can be "defeated" throughAmerican military occupation, and rightly recognize that the real goal of neocons is basically indefinite war and regime change. plus they like dictators and the lion of damascus is simultaneously fighting ISIS and al-qaeda at once. They are also at least nominally about the right of peoples to self determination, which for white americans means reinstuting segregation and voluntary self-deportation for non-blacks or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Race Realists posted:

i am curious what you did to get the red text? also BLM is good for the most part, some of sub groups kinda suck(mizzou/some other college ones and toronto) but overall they are decent.

on the comic. they are really obbsessed with the race traits arnt they.