Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ometeotl posted:

That's a mountain lion.

yeah it's like those dogs that rednecks really love that stand like 4ft at the shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Remember that mystery box on SA mart where goons got scammed and it was hilarious? People were posting worse and worse stuff they were getting and then there was this guy who posted 'I only got a woman's sized t-shirt with 'sexy' written on it in led lights, the led lights broke after 5 minutes :(' or something close to that and I couldn't stop laughing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Remember that mystery box on SA mart where goons got scammed and it was hilarious? People were posting worse and worse stuff they were getting and then there was this guy who posted 'I only got a woman's sized t-shirt with 'sexy' written on it in led lights, the led lights broke after 5 minutes :(' or something close to that and I couldn't stop laughing.

It's a great thread, and goldmined somewhere too, I think, so even losers like me can read it without Archives.

It was mostly dollar store crap, but I think someone actually got a preopened DVD from that. :lol:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ometeotl posted:

That's a mountain lion.
Basically. It's a Maine Coon, they're the Great Danes of house cats.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

loving :laffo:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes to CSA boxes with fresh fruits and veggies from local farms, no to stupid anime nerd lootboxes with cheap toys and plastic poo poo they couldn't sell at retail.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

It's a great thread, and goldmined somewhere too, I think, so even losers like me can read it without Archives.

It was mostly dollar store crap, but I think someone actually got a preopened DVD from that. :lol:

If someone has a link, please post it

e: in exchange, have a link to my favorite goldmined thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3127674

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 9, 2017

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
all my favorite games have or are getting updates/dlc these two months and I might die from video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the yoshi's island dlc

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't have a nintendo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao, god drat.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That video is so, so good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why am I insisting on doing this first Persona 5 dungeon in one day, I can't do this but I keep trying anyway :negative:

There are almost certainly things I should save my only Snuff Soul for, too, but nope, I'm getting to this goddamn treasure

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Why am I insisting on doing this first Persona 5 dungeon in one day, I can't do this but I keep trying anyway :negative:

There are almost certainly things I should save my only Snuff Soul for, too, but nope, I'm getting to this goddamn treasure

Believe in yourself

While SP items are valuable they aren't so valuable that you need to sweat using the snuff soul.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Believe in yourself

While SP items are valuable they aren't so valuable that you need to sweat using the snuff soul.

You were right, I did it :unsmith:

I was worried when there was one more miniboss before the treasure room but he was really easy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

You were right, I did it :unsmith:

I was worried when there was one more miniboss before the treasure room but he was really easy.

:hfive:

Just you wait those extra 3 guts and relationship points you get on the day you saved will be worth it!!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've never played a Persona game, the closest i've come is watching someone play Revelations: Persona way back on the ps1.

But, i'm getting tempted to play this one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its very good. So far it fixed everything that made me like smt more than persona (demon convos, press turns, hand made dungeons) and might be my favorite atlus rpg ever but i guess i cant say until i play more

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could do without demon negotiations to be honest, I've never liked them in other SMT games and they make getting Personas a lot lower than your level annoying because you end up just killing them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah i'm not a fan of shadow negotiations especially since you can't go back to dungeons after completing them. One of the best ways to get shadows is to just be higher level then them and they surrender to you.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I know I'm late to pet talk but here are my girls:

Denali being a lazy sack of poo poo

Meesha hanging out in my room as per usual

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

If someone has a link, please post it

e: in exchange, have a link to my favorite goldmined thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3127674

Found it. Gas Chamber, not Goldmine, but still: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

E:

Ryuichi posted:

Wow. I got... an 11 year old movie (South Park - Bigger, Longer & Uncut), 'Finger Bowling (http://www.enigmatoys.com/jfb1.htm),' and 3 mini permanent markers.

The DVD was opened and seems used, as well.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Can I have a refund or some hot wax dripped all over my testes? Either would be preferable to spending $30 on this.

Finger bowling MSRP: $5
South Park: $5-$10 online
Markers: $1 if that?

So... $11 to $16 (I'm sure they didn't actually pay $10 for that movie) for my $26. Can I file a chargeback for not receiving what I ordered?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The best part of that is all the people going "but how could we have expected that we would be scammed by a fellow goon?" 2010 must have been a magical place.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I know I'm late to pet talk but here are my girls:

Denali being a lazy sack of poo poo

Meesha hanging out in my room as per usual

those are good dogs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is fantastic, listening to these two just poo poo all over Star Trek Voyager and talk about how much of a loving disgusting war criminal Janeway is for about 40 minutes is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDsb2t9nsw

I have never seen Voyager but this has taught me all I really need to know

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Voyager is poo poo and safely avoided yes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh I never intend to watch it, but man it's hilarious to hear about Janeway And Her Lizardperson Sexcapades and what have you without ever having to watch it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are these the same people as the Super Best Friends

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are these the same people as the Super Best Friends
that is them, yes. Two Best Friends Play is the title they used to have when it was just Pat and Matt(and what they sometimes use for one-offs), then Woolie and Liam joined and it became the Super Best Friends Play.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But of course that's not their channel name, which is (the?) sw1tcher.

It's all very confusing. Or simple, depending on how easily confused you are.

I am easily confused.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I believe they have attempted to have the account name changed without success, so they just poo poo on the bad name instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They did have it changed in the only way youtube would let em, by adding a new custom URL. youtube.com/superbestfriendsplay redirects to the channel as well now. The actual channel name is still thesw1tcher though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I 100% finished Snake Pass. That game gets ridiculous if you want to get everything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

This is fantastic, listening to these two just poo poo all over Star Trek Voyager and talk about how much of a loving disgusting war criminal Janeway is for about 40 minutes is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDsb2t9nsw

I have never seen Voyager but this has taught me all I really need to know

I liked this game. Supposedly the sequel was crap, I never played it. The multiplayer was awesome and had a lot of support too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phantasium posted:

I 100% finished Snake Pass. That game gets ridiculous if you want to get everything.

Status as stealth real Rare game continues to be confirmed.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm not a fan of shadow negotiations

The Deep State!!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I could do without demon negotiations to be honest, I've never liked them in other SMT games and they make getting Personas a lot lower than your level annoying because you end up just killing them.
That's how I'm feeling right now. It just feels like a system where I'm either guessing or just looking at something online to make sure I know what personality type likes what kind of answer and it honestly just isn't a fun or interesting system to engage with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just finished Song of the Deep a fun little underwater exploration game whose greatest crime is having zero challenge outside of environmental puzzles, but movement and finding upgrades was enjoyable and it looked pretty great too.
I tried very hard to to avoid the terms 'metroidvania' (there's no platforming!) and 'indie' because it's by Insomniac who've done a ton of AAA games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

They sure didn't! That's why there are literally four hundred and fifty tiny bink video files that comprise the little pop up words max says sometimes.

edit: Honestly I love dumping on the game's engine because it's just so awfully implemented. It's like they didn't really even try to care about optimization.

lol this is amazing

Sakurazuka posted:

Just finished Song of the Deep a fun little underwater exploration game whose greatest crime is having zero challenge outside of environmental puzzles, but movement and finding upgrades was enjoyable and it looked pretty great too.
I tried very hard to to avoid the terms 'metroidvania' (there's no platforming!) and 'indie' because it's by Insomniac who've done a ton of AAA games.

poo poo, I forgot I even own that game. I played it for about 5 hours and really, really enjoyed it for what it is (super chill and not a bit hard)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I need some platformers or metroidvanias to play, I feel like. That, or I need to figure out how to get into Stellaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

I need some platformers or metroidvanias to play, I feel like. That, or I need to figure out how to get into Stellaris.

4X games feel kind of aimless to me without a dedicated single-player campaign, I'm not any good at "making my own fun" or finding storylines within them.

• Locked thread