Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
By now I've pulled enough moogles to instantly get Fryevia's TM except for the part where I also need Fryevia herself (meanwhile Xon's at 55% and Aiden's at 40%). I do today's daily pull and holy poo poo it's a rainbow crystal! Could it be? It cracks open and... Lightning. :geno:

Not to say that Lighting's a bad pull (that would be Queen), but goddamnit I think I just got trolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
2 more golds that weren't Zon today, that makes 6 this banner. Got Agrias #7 and Shine #2. Another Shine is pretty good though.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Am I the only nerd using appropriately leveled friends for the quest battles/explorations so as not to hose the experience? :shobon:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Loving Life Partner posted:

Am I the only nerd using appropriately leveled friends for the quest battles/explorations so as not to hose the experience? :shobon:

Friend Units have no influence on the experience your units gain, nor do they gain any from coming along.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That would be such an amazing change though. Imagine using friends letting them get EXP, trust, and LBs up.

Speaking of which, my Cecil's LB is finally level 25. Now I'm dumping all my pots, including the King ones from the raid, on Noctis. He's up to 9 already.
I'm wondering if I should level up Yshtola's Aetherial Pulse? Or will there be better damage mitigation LBs? I don't really use her cause I have a kited out Refia now.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
After I finished Cecil, I used them on ExDeath.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What the gently caress is going on.

I just pulled my SECOND Luneth in the past 7 days.

That makes 3 off banner rainbows in a period of 10 days when I'm not even pulling heavily.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Infected posted:

Friend Units have no influence on the experience your units gain, nor do they gain any from coming along.

I just don't want them steamrolling the content is all.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Infected posted:

But the rest of your party does, regardless if they are maxed right?

I keep running a full max team and one 90-something and that 90 never seems to get the full pop EXP

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is the gear for the event worth crafting aside from the ace pieces?

I got the second knife, is the bandana staff or crown and such worth farming multiple copies off

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I got the second knife, is the bandana staff or crown and such worth farming multiple copies off

Bandana is pretty good if you don't have any Black Cowls, Staff and Crown are decent for your healer if your healer isn't Y'sholta.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
basically save up and see what the second week brings

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Man, all I've done is make two Icy Veins for Olive (920 attack, :toot: ) and I'm already loving done with this event crafting. It is soooo tedious, but I need that bandana for Refia, and that second knife just to have it, and and and...

Also, burst pots continue to be a thing, Olive's up to level 10 LB now!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

basically save up and see what the second week brings

I think it's just the ability to exchange eggs for enhancement materials, but maybe they'll add more gear.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah i'm just hoarding metal eggs for now

not sure if the pull table will be changing and i don't have room for more cactaurs and freyvia moogles atm

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Made my Second Knife and tossed it on Chizuru. Pretty content with it, as the damage isn't too much lower than what she is pushing out right now.

Really makes me want to fry my Zidanes even more.

Had a single ticket to pull. Did.

loving Olivia from the last banner.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

My shopping list for the event:

Second Knife 1/1
Cold Snap 1/1
Staff of Wrath x/3 (It's going to be useful on the Warrior of Light + Shard of Genius build)
Black Bandana 3/5 (Atk hat with sleep immunity, lets me skip TMRing some Black Cowls)
Crown of Justice x/3 (Misc healer gear)
Ice Veins 2/4 (Good stats, will be useful on Doublehand units. Better resist item than the lovely ring)

Magical Egg x/6 (Hero ring replacement for tier 2 parties)
Radiant Egg x/6 (Hero ring replacement for tier 2 parties)

This is a great time to farm megacrysts for rings. ~2 days of Fire Shrine runs will get enough megacrysts to make a Ruler's Ring, and also get 250k+ metal eggs. Unless you're just TMRing or running vortex missions, you're gonna wind up with more eggs. Focus on eggs till your important items are done, then do something else and use the incidental eggs to make the minor items.

I like to make sure that I get enough of limited-time items that won't miss their absence in the future. I'll always more nrg in the future, but I can only make these eggcellent items for a couple weeks.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

jetz0r posted:

I'll always more nrg in the future, but I can only make these eggcellent items for a couple weeks.

Well, you could just make a bunch of great and chocolate eggs, you'll be able to craft more stuff from that whenever.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I'm taking Xon friends, is there any reason to have Locke on my team?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I'm taking Xon friends, is there any reason to have Locke on my team?

None. Burn tickets till you get a Xon of your own! He's the new peer pressure unit to get like Ling was.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Crafting stuff is helping me get the trophy for it so I don't mind the tedium. I guess I'll keep doing fire shrine and snow plain runs while I can. Sadly don't have a job that lets me dick around a lot so snow plains will work better

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I've been doing Fire Shrine when I have Xon friends to waylay mobs, when my Noctis friends are up I go after the 4 bears.

It's been working decent enough for me.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

hagie posted:

I've been doing Fire Shrine when I have Xon friends to waylay mobs, when my Noctis friends are up I go after the 4 bears.

It's been working decent enough for me.

That's exactly what I'm been doing since I'm still too new to handle the bears with my own party. But I've been doing Invincible Exploration since that has a better egg ratio according to the latest wiki

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Finally dealt with Gilgamesh trial. It was a decent break from farming eggs. Turns out, yes, 3 Orlandeau (2 + friend), Olive, and Refia can 2 turn it. Didn't get the limit break moogle, but I really don't care about that. Got the blade, +30% attack, and bushido freedom, and that's what I cared about.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Invincible Interior exploration is really easy and gives a ton of eggs. I using get around 16k plus or minus.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well holy poo poo, Gumi must've heard me complaining about all my trust moogles, cause today's daily was Fryevia! I'm already up to 95%! :aaaaa: Now the question is, how the hell exactly are you supposed to gear her? Focus entirely on magic/atk, or try to split between the two?

edit: Well poo poo, now I regret fusing all of my Ingus's together

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 9, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I hate this game, but giving up on this game is almost impossible, because I spent more money on it than I've ever spent on a video game. even Starcraft 2. And really, I don't hate the game, but the game certainly hates me. I don't even know what to do about it, I mean, sure, I've done obscene TM grinding and have good enough characters, but everyone's just sailing past me on less geared characters because they get the RIGHT characters.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Well holy poo poo, Gumi must've heard me complaining about all my trust moogles, cause today's daily was Fryevia! I'm already up to 95%! :aaaaa: Now the question is, how the hell exactly are you supposed to gear her? Focus entirely on magic/atk, or try to split between the two?

Congratulations, your new priority TM farm team is her sword and four Letters and Arms.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So, now that I've completed the story up to this point, my only real sources of lapis are going back and clearing out stars I missed, the daily 50 from arena, sign in bonuses, and the first round of each arena rank, right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Arena daily is 40 lapis and 1 star quartz, daily missions is another 50. There's also rank ups with are 100 each. And yeah, there's some lapis in the coliseum if you haven't cleared it yet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

So, now that I've completed the story up to this point, my only real sources of lapis are going back and clearing out stars I missed, the daily 50 from arena, sign in bonuses, and the first round of each arena rank, right?

You forgot a source of Lapis...

:shepspends:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Getting the highest rank of trophies is another 500 a piece.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

everyone's just sailing past me on less geared characters because they get the RIGHT characters.

Welcome to my hell.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I hate this game, but giving up on this game is almost impossible, because I spent more money on it than I've ever spent on a video game. even Starcraft 2. And really, I don't hate the game, but the game certainly hates me. I don't even know what to do about it, I mean, sure, I've done obscene TM grinding and have good enough characters, but everyone's just sailing past me on less geared characters because they get the RIGHT characters.

You have a Lightning right? If enchancements are next week I belive lightning is one of the units to first get them and crushing blow in addition to a damage boost, gets its lightning res debuff to -75%

People with lightning and olive friend partners are going to become best friends really soon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hmmm, guess next week I need to mull over whether to keep up TGCid as my friend unit or swap to the ~1050 Olive for Lightning-havers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I gave in.

Smooshed my Zidanes together.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just when I equipment stripped my main 3x Lighting damage squad and replaced it at #1 with a TGC/Olive/Noctis trio. To be fair I have been using the 3x pinkos a lot cleaning up Lapis. 4 Lightning's regular attacks turbo charges the Esper fill gauge for all those dumb "summon X esper" missions when sneezing on something kills it.

I appreciate people selling me on the usefulness of the Egg equipment, but drat is it just too tedious to slog through pulling eggs and making components for them.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

hagie posted:

I gave in.

Smooshed my Zidanes together.

Go the Monkey House and think about what you've done.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Part of me is angry.

Part of me is estatic. Though the only dual wield worth candidate I have is maybe Firion...and he isn't above 550 attack yet.

Another part is hoping that the RNG will go "oh poo poo, he can get a Noctis or other dual strong unit now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've done obscene TM grinding and have good enough characters, but everyone's just sailing past me on less geared characters because they get the RIGHT characters.

I have the 'right characters' and I still can't get poo poo done because of how weirdly unwilling the game is to give me a single material.

Just... just give me the Brilliant Rays, game. I checked, I could awaken five Leons to 5* with everything else I've got, but this single material is roadblocking me on making Refia reach a point where she's actually worth having.

• Locked thread