Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Man dating Futaba feels wrong for a lot of reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, so do you have to do a certain number where only one is available before you can start pulling in multiple? Like, at what point do I get requests for a whole bunch.

Basically I really want dat sweet exp bonus.

I can't really give you many tips on that, it's something you're just gonna have to gauge for yourself when a good time is.

OddObserver posted:

I feel like I've done Sun on Thursdays sometimes, too.

I remember him being on that as well, but it was summer break and I think he's just available on some special holidays.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Seriously? Just Sundays? FMIGL.

Also, is there no way to accrue a bunch of Mementos before you go in so you're not wasting a whole day going after one guy?

sun always levels up when you do it. 10 times is all thats needed.

and yeah, you can bank mementos quests. go in when you got alot.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Man dating Futaba feels wrong for a lot of reasons.

especially because sojiro asks you not to date her when you finish his confidant.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Even Shinya dumps on Mishima, it's great. Mishima when an 11-year-old can dunk on you you gotta start workin' on some things buddy

Y'know what, if Mishima invites you to go to "Dome Town" accept that invitation that's some free advice

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JackDarko posted:

I love you, thank you for not abandoning me. Appreciate it.

Or you can just go straight from your IM screen Just reply to the person saying that you want to meet up to go in and you'll go straight to the area in the middle of a meeting.

Captain Baal posted:

I can't really give you many tips on that, it's something you're just gonna have to gauge for yourself when a good time is.
So does this mean there isn't a spcific mission you do wherein after that, all mememntos are unlocked?

Actually, wait a minute, the bully thing isn't a chain of mementos wherein you can only do one at a time, resurface, advance with Mishima, and then get a new Memento target to attack, is it? Like, every time you advance with him, you get a text message giving you a new target, and the only way to advance with him is killing a new memento?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I feel like I should be more conscientious about skill inheritance when fusing, I feel like most of my Personas have a bunch of unorganized and duplicate skills. Also I feel like there are Personas that I accidentally fused away without registering

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can advance him like 3 or so ranks every time you get a decent number of missions done, it ain't that bad, but there's gonna be decent stretches where you can't do poo poo with it. Also Mementos is story-gated, it unlocks more as you progress through the game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Roobanguy posted:

sun always levels up when you do it. 10 times is all thats needed.

and yeah, you can bank mementos quests. go in when you got alot.

especially because sojiro asks you not to date her when you finish his confidant.

She feels way more like a slightly younger sister than a potential love interest.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So those BGM dlcs coming out in a few days, are those just the one song or is it multiple songs from the respective games

unrelated, they arent even hiding it with the detective prince rear end being a party member

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, I did think I was making WAY too good progress on my S.Links, of course October ends up being like loving 2 straight weeks of plot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

She feels way more like a slightly younger sister than a potential love interest.

Yeah. I'm honestly a little surprised you can date her at all.

Then I remembered you could date Ken in P3P.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

spit on my clit posted:

So those BGM dlcs coming out in a few days, are those just the one song or is it multiple songs from the respective games

unrelated, they arent even hiding it with the detective prince rear end being a party member

Two songs, one is battle the other is results

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

spit on my clit posted:

Thats not the part they're hiding

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fulchrum posted:

Thats not the part they're hiding

what, you mean that he overheard the cat man talking in the studio hallway?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I feel like I should be more conscientious about skill inheritance when fusing, I feel like most of my Personas have a bunch of unorganized and duplicate skills. Also I feel like there are Personas that I accidentally fused away without registering

The first time a Persona enters the Velvet Room by any means, it's registered. Re-registering just overwrites its stats and moves (and even XP values) with what you have currently.

I had a pretty good stable of Personas for Palace 3 and Mementos after it but after fulfilling two Strength requests back-to-back it's all a mess now and I don't feel like resummoning them.

What's the 'power difference' in spells and physical specials meant to be? Is one Agilao = 2x Agi? Is one Sledgehammer = 2x Lunge?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah, basically for the past couple of sessions I have basically fused poo poo at random or if it pointed towards one of the arcana I'm building an S-Link with. Then I go back and summon the highest-level ones to cover all the elements. I am also trying to always keep Growth on everything. I assume it will all work out in the end, like there's no way to lock myself out of fulfilling the warden requests right

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

spit on my clit posted:

what, you mean that he overheard the cat man talking in the studio hallway?

You ever have that situation where you think you have a spoiler, but other people seem oblivious to it, so you aren't sure if you just read things wrong and it wasn't actually spoiled for you or if the other people just haven't got to that part yet?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, basically for the past couple of sessions I have basically fused poo poo at random or if it pointed towards one of the arcana I'm building an S-Link with. Then I go back and summon the highest-level ones to cover all the elements. I am also trying to always keep Growth on everything. I assume it will all work out in the end, like there's no way to lock myself out of fulfilling the warden requests right

Nah. If worst comes to worst, you can just go back to basics, resummon lower levels and fuse a custom version of higher ones til you get the right persona-move combo. It might cost some cash, but hey, nothing 10 minutes of grind won't get you back.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Basically I really like Ryuuji and the game is mean for calling him an idiot.

To be fair, he IS something of one, and I'm not talking about grades. Just one with a good heart. Only at the end of the 3rd dungeon, and already multiple issues would have been prevented if he could just figure out what a goddamn indoors voice was, or discretion. He's a great guy, but holy poo poo do I wish I had some duct tape occasionally.

Between him and Ann, Makoto's "holy poo poo, how have you lasted this long" kind of applies to not being found out in the real world too. :v:

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 10, 2017

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's "if worse comes to worst" and the translation makes the same mistake and that's by far the most unforgivable thing this game has done

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The constant presence of the Internet poll is brilliance incarnate as storytelling devices go

EDIT: (pretty major spoilers) A man loving dies, we're the obvious guilty party, and our approval only falls...20 percent!? There, that right there, that's the social commentary in a nutshell. The masses could care less about life or death.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 10, 2017

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

The way her slink advances, anyone that decides to romance her is pretty weird imo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I really, really appreciate that being a dick to Ryuji in his social link is what gets you the most points

I have friends just like that, whose primary way to show affection is to just bag on you constantly

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Times like this I wish there was more nuance to these things. Frankly, as a protagonist, I don't MIND being seen as a menace. We are a menace; we're just a responsible one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't feel nearly as strong, but also kinda weird on dating Ann because the team dynamic basically makes you and Makoto the parents of the group.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Finally got to interact directly with Goro and ahahaha I love this fool. Dude's just passively aggressively catty and sometimes not even passive about it. Truly a Pleasant Boy. please dont be mean to makoto tho, that's a lil mean my boy

Also the scene with everyone making hot pot at Leblanc was so choice, I loved it. Sojiro's such a pro dad and him and Yusuke having a sweet moment was really good. Honestly wish Yusuke crashed on your couch for a while longer

I'm really starting to come around on the main cast, all being good kids worked over in some terrible ways. They as a whole feel way more mature than the Persona 4 cast and I'm super into that

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Times like this I wish there was more nuance to these things. Frankly, as a protagonist, I don't MIND being seen as a menace. We are a menace; we're just a responsible one.

Agreed. I also wish there was a way to just go "good, let it burn" when the hackers threaten to cause a financial crisis.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is there a trophy for pursuing the romantic path with all of the female Confidants? I really hate a game giving me a trophy to incentivise doing something I feel uncomfortable doing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moltrey posted:

Finally got to interact directly with Goro and ahahaha I love this fool. Dude's just passively aggressively catty and sometimes not even passive about it. Truly a Pleasant Boy. please dont be mean to makoto tho, that's a lil mean my boy

Also the scene with everyone making hot pot at Leblanc was so choice, I loved it. Sojiro's such a pro dad and him and Yusuke having a sweet moment was really good. Honestly wish Yusuke crashed on your couch for a while longer

I'm really starting to come around on the main cast, all being good kids worked over in some terrible ways. They as a whole feel way more mature than the Persona 4 cast and I'm super into that

Yusuke really doesn't seem like a high school student. If ever I was going to point towards evidence that maybe this game wanted to cast college kids in the role, it'd be him, he really doesn't seem like a high schooler.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh my god Kindness just max out already I wanna hang with Sojiro

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yusuke really doesn't seem like a high school student. If ever I was going to point towards evidence that maybe this game wanted to cast college kids in the role, it'd be him, he really doesn't seem like a high schooler.

None of them really act like high school students except Ryuji.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah I can see him being like a college sophomore, with not just attitude but his talk of living in dorms or having an art scholarship. Also his fashion sense and his free-wheeling nature of just moving around and sleeping on friend couches. Extremely college move, Yusuke

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Maybe all those Jojo's poses were just showing Christ's Passion? Or maybe Jesus was a JoJo? Really makes you think.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Arist posted:

oh my god Kindness just max out already I wanna hang with Sojiro

You doing Laharl's S.Link? Lots of free kindness from that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Infinity Gaia posted:

You doing Laharl's S.Link? Lots of free kindness from that.

poo poo I forgot, he was one of the ones I was sidelining

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh hey I just maxed it

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
Ok, I wish I new about caring for the half-dead plant. I could have been getting my kindness stat bumped up for the entirety of May and it's a non-timed action.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

11/21 spoiler: These drawings during the big explanation are amazing and if I ever change my avatar again it'll be that picture of the protagonist sitting there all :smug: in the interrogation room

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 10, 2017

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Will I ever be able to buy any Soma? Or is it something I should hoard till the final boss?

Im sitting at the 3rd Palace boss, if I use my 1 Soma I can win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Carwash posted:

None of them really act like high school students except Ryuji.

Ryuji is probably the most realistic version of this archetype they've done yet. They even included some casual homophobia, so he's just like Yosuke. I like that Ryuji is just the group's butt monkey though, I'm kind of amazed he didn't get more poo poo for being a massive rear end in a top hat to Morgana..

When even Yusuke calls you a douche...