Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I like how the match was shorter than the hype package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hiromu absolutely crushing the dude built up as the Jr Ace through last year was amazing. Shibata absolutely kicked the poo poo out of Okada. I'm down with Suzuki, Juice & Ricochet challenging the NEVER, IC, and Jr titles respectively. Totally happy about War Machine becoming Tag champs. Solid show, but disappointed with RPG Vice being the next challengers for Suzuki-gun again and disappointed that Fale is suddenly Okada's next opponent after losing the NJ Cup and not even picking up the win in his match.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

disappointed that Fale is suddenly Okada's next opponent after losing the NJ Cup and not even picking up the win in his match.

Isn't that generally how these things go? Like, in 2012 Goto lost to Okada, so Tanahashi was like 'okay, I was the runner-up and Goto hosed up, so I deserve another shot' and he won.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

They should have Shibata chase for the title all year, always losing to Okada until WK12 when he finally beats him and Okada leaves the ring crying like a baby man.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I saw a clip of Shibata kicking the living poo poo out of Okada and now I think I really have to watch Sakura Genesis.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
The sound of that headbutt. :barf:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I am so pumped for juice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

checksin posted:

I am so pumped for juice

The crowd's reaction when he challenged Naito :vince:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Out of curiosity i rewatched the main event in English, and thought Kelly and Cyrus did a nice job. They're starting to get in a good groove with one another, and Cyrus is clearly more comfortable now that he's got a few reps under his belt. I'll never not listen to Japanese for my first time viewing a show but it's good to know the English team is improving and doing well.

Match by the way is still spectacular on second viewing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The only problem I had with the English commentary, is that when Bad Luck Fale left by a separate exit to Omega, as a tease for him going off on his own to challenge Okada, Kelly and Callis claimed he was going after Yano, despite him still being in the ring.

Also, the Juice is loving loose! I kind of expected that match to headline the Tosa(?) show at the end of the month, but based on that reaction it deserves to at least be on Wrestling Dontaku.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 10, 2017

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
How's Shibata? Last I heard he was in the hospital.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jack Anderson posted:

Probably sitting cross-legged looking quite furious.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

he had successful surgery for a subdural hematoma according to NJPW's website

which according to Google is bleeding between the brain and the covering of the brain.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why is Cody wrestling Finlay at Wrestling Dontaku?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm very surprised they aren't saving all of the foreign challengers for the Long Beach shows.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

I saw a clip of Shibata kicking the living poo poo out of Okada and now I think I really have to watch Sakura Genesis.

shibata/okada ruled and, yeah, there's a lot of awesome kicks.

and shibata headbutting okada so hard he was literally bleeding on both ends of his skull.

get well shibata, you're my favorite wrestlemans

also i wasnt expecting the takahashi squash but i'll take it, takahashi rules.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yeah he needs to retire the headbutt.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dontaku tour cards are out. Tour features the standard two Korakuens plus title matches spread out among 3 different shows.

(card info thanks to STRIGGA from purolove.com as I'm too lazy to transcribe 5 cards when he's done the work already)

Road to Wrestling Dontaku
April 22nd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

1.Hirai Kawato vs. Shota Umino
2. YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tomoyuki Oka
3. Toru Yano & Jado vs. Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku
4. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, David Finlay & Katsuya Kitamura
5. Hirooki Goto, Will Ospreay, Rocky Romero & Beretta vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & El Desperado
6. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, "King of Darkness" EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Yoshitatsu
7. Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale & Kenny Omega

Road to Wrestling Dontaku
April 23rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

1. Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku vs. Will Ospreay & Jado
3. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay
4. Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Rocky Romero & Beretta vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi
5. SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Yoshitatsu
6. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
7. Tetsuya Naito & "King of Darkness" EVIL vs. Juice Robinson & Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW "ROAD TO WRESTLING DONTAKU 2017 ~ AKI NO KUNI SENGOKU EMAKI ~",
April 27th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Hiroshima Green Arena Small Arena

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Tiger Mask, Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. Takashi Iizuka, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku vs. Toru Yano, Will Ospreay & Jado
3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Chase Owens
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Beretta
5. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, "King of Darkness" EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Yoshitatsu
6. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Yujiro Takahashi
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

NJPW "WRESTLING TOYONOKUNI 2017",
April 29th 2017 at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST
Beppu Baycon Plaza

1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Hirai Kawato & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Tiger Mask, Katsuya Kitamura & Shota Umino
2. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & El Desperado vs. Rocky Romero, Beretta & Jado
3. SANADA & BUSHI vs. Ryusuke Taguchi & Yoshitatsu
4. Hiroyoshi Tanzan, Satoshi Kojima & David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Yujiro Takahashi
5. Minoru Suzki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku vs. Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay
6. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Ricochet
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Juice Robinson

NJPW "WRESTLING DONTAKU 2017",
May 3rd, 2017 at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST
Fukuoka Kokousai Center

0. Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Yoshitatsu & Hirai Kawato
1. YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
2. Togi Makabe, Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Thunder Liger
3. Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano, Jado, Rocky Romero & Beretta vs. Minori Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi & El Desperado
4. Cody vs. David Finlay
5. Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Juice Robinson & KUSHIDA
6. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Raymond Rowe & Hanson (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
7. NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet (c) vs. SANADA, "King of Darkness" EVIL & BUSHI
8. Special Singles Match: Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale

Thauros fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 10, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God those last three shows look amazing.

Also you wrote March instead of April for a couple of them!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Baron Corbyn posted:

he had successful surgery for a subdural hematoma according to NJPW's website

which according to Google is bleeding between the brain and the covering of the brain.

Oh jeez, way to give yourself a traumatic brain injury Shibata. It sounds like they caught it early which is good, but this kind of thing isn't a trivial matter. Hopefully he recovers okay.

Glad to see War Machine take the belts - that was the most I've enjoyed a HW tag title match in awhile. It would be nice if they got a decent run but that's not really how the tag divisions work.

Hiromu has been such a great addition to the junior division. Looking forward to him and Ricochet and hopefully they get Ospreay back for a title shot as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pls stop the headbutts

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Man they really need to add some new blood to the Jr. Tag division.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Man they really need to add some new blood to the Jr. Tag division.

maybe Taguchi and KUSHIDA can challenge for it to give KUSHIDA something to do while Hiromu beats everyone else.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Fale going to win the IWGP title and it will be great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Fale going to win the IWGP title and it will be great.
Bah gawd!

Thats Inoki's music!

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

sigmachiev posted:

Out of curiosity i rewatched the main event in English, and thought Kelly and Cyrus did a nice job. They're starting to get in a good groove with one another, and Cyrus is clearly more comfortable now that he's got a few reps under his belt. I'll never not listen to Japanese for my first time viewing a show but it's good to know the English team is improving and doing well.

Match by the way is still spectacular on second viewing.

That's good to hear. I will have to do that next time I watch that match.

I finally found the NJPW commentary sweet spot. Let the English commentary help kill time and entertain for the first half but once intermission starts, switch to the Japanese screaming mad men.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
That was probably my favourite NJPW main event in a while, only thing that brought it down was Okada isn't really capable of convincingly taking it to Shibata, yet he didn't really have to change his gameplan at all and eventually just won anyway despite several spots that seemed expressly designed to establish Shibata's superiority as a fighter. He's a great target for an rear end beating though and I like him much more when he's playing the heel.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/851086219286953988

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
more headbutts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres elgin

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

hosed up that lovely Greg is bullying poor Rocky

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Dontaku tour cards are out. Tour features the standard two Korakuens plus title matches spread out among 3 different shows.

(card info thanks to STRIGGA from purolove.com as I'm too lazy to transcribe 5 cards when he's done the work already)

english new japan site lists them after they are announced. They spell Unno's son's name as Syota Umino there. Also next show is Lion's Gate 4

Lion's Gate 4 on 4/13 at 6am est

Young Lion Debut: Syota Umino(Red Shoe's son) vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hirai Kawato vs El Desperado
Jado & Gedo vs. Yuuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto (AJPW Young Lions)
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Toru Sugiera (FREEDOMS)
TenKozy vs. Ayato Yoshida & DINOSAUR TAKUMA (K-Dojo)
Nagata & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Nakanishi & Katsuya Kitamura

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

english new japan site lists them after they are announced. They spell Unno's son's name as Syota Umino there. Also next show is Lion's Gate 4

Lion's Gate 4 on 4/13 at 6am est

Young Lion Debut: Syota Umino(Red Shoe's son) vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hirai Kawato vs El Desperado
Jado & Gedo vs. Yuuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto (AJPW Young Lions)
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Toru Sugiera (FREEDOMS)
TenKozy vs. Ayato Yoshida & DINOSAUR TAKUMA (K-Dojo)
Nagata & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Nakanishi & Katsuya Kitamura

yeah i know it was just easier to C&P from STRIGGA's posting and give credit. that lion's gate card is pretty interesting and I especially want to see the AJPW match

juice is the gaijin du mois, but I hope they find something cool for him soon.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 10, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

taking some tours off bc they have too many guys to book them all right now

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

Update regarding Katsuyori Shibata’s condition

Katsuyori Shibata was taken to hospital due to poor health following his main event match on April 9th at Ryogoku Sumo Hall. He was conscious and able to communicate while being admitted to hospital.

After a medical examination, he was diagnosed with subdural hematoma and surgery was conducted as part of his treatment. He is now recovering following a successful operation.

Updates will be posted as his condition progresses.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co., Ltd.

no more headbutts please

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Probably best if he misses the G1. And the Tag League. And you know it's probably best if he's out altogether until New Year's Dash.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Venomous posted:

Probably best if he misses the G1. And the Tag League. And you know it's probably best if he's out altogether until New Year's Dash.

He'll be at Dontaku with his head wrapped in tape because Shibata

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

hes missing the next tour as a precaution

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When he set up the headbutt I was like "wow he is doing this really safely for a change"

Then I saw the blood LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

it was a perfect time to do it in the match and made it better, but kind of a waste since he didn't win, and he might've vacated the belt if he had got it anyway having to miss a tour

• Locked thread