Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

dear Lord how and why do people live in Australia

e: fattest dog on the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Technowolf posted:

Why is Hillary there?

She was cheerleading this on Twitter

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

loquacius posted:

Hillary called for the bombing of Syrian air force bases in a speech a few hours before Trump sort of bombed a Syrian air force base

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/hillary-clinton-syria-assad/

It was pretty funny, I remember seeing this as the top headline on cnn then about a half hour later it was second under the one about Trump bombing a Syrian airfield.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

Spiders are extremely good and cool and are our closest ally in the war against Mosquitoes.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

It was pretty funny, I remember seeing this as the top headline on cnn then about a half hour later it was second under the one about Trump bombing a Syrian airfield.

Turns out our media/politicians have the memories of gnats and they didn't learn anything from Iraq, and the prospect of bombing muslim's in neocolonial adventures gets every last one of them hard.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

loquacius posted:

dear Lord how and why do people live in Australia

Lots of alcohol, and because their ancestors were forced their at gunpoint.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Lots of alcohol, and because their ancestors were forced their at gunpoint.

well not EVERYONE in australia was forced there at gunpoint

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They force others to not be there at gunpoint

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

After The War posted:

What I really love about this is that not only does it have Donald lusting after a human (non-cartoon duck), woman, but how much the has attitude changed from the "enters house of ill repute/comes out a corpse" of WWI to "go for it, but wear a rubber fer chrissake."

I know, improvements in medicine and industry, but it's still funny to see a military poster saying "if you see a woman lying mysteriously in the jungle, your biggest problem is the possibility of VD."

Hell, a large part of the Three Caballeros was Donald trying to get into the pants of every woman in Mexico, so its in no way out of character for him.

I think he just has a real thing for Latin women. There's a comic as well where Donald was really smitten with a Flamenco dancer who looked way more human than any of the dog-human hybrids that the comics were filled with later.

Shugojin posted:

well not EVERYONE in australia was forced there at gunpoint

True. Some were forced out at gunpoint. In the most direct sense possible.

BigglesSWE posted:

Gonna take these latest posts as a poor excuse to brag about the time I got to meet Don Rosa in Gothenburg and had him draw this for me:

...you got him to draw Scrooge's uncle Angus?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

This can't be real, a smiling Assad getting rid of the pests?
:effort: edits. His assad looksed pretty sterotypical jewish. And that widdows peak...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

I heard about Hillary's speech on C-SPAM, and then at some point people stopped making jokes about Hillary bombing airfields and started making jokes about Trump bombing airfields and I was really confused until I eventually checked an actual news site and was like "oh welp guess we're at war lol"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

I appreciate this edit mostly because I know that if he ever sees it he'd never for an instant understand how you made this connection, it's just so apples and oranges to him.

He'd just go berserk and do his level best to sue anyone and everyone for hate speech and emotional damages

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

To this day I will never get how the hell he expected to enforce this.
Oh, he had a plan:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alhazred posted:

Oh, he had a plan:

I more meant not just get shot when he showed up back on the mainland and demand everyone submit to him because he has a piece of deerskin.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I more meant not just get shot when he showed up back on the mainland and demand everyone submit to him because he has a piece of deerskin.

He had a lawyer.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Fuckin' finally. Poor timing, but fuckin' finally a thing does a thing in this fuckin' comic.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was mildly amused by the last panel and that's a major success for this shithead.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fulchrum posted:

I also wondered how Donald ate or breathed, or other science facts.

:v:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Ah yes truly it is college students who wouldn't know what a pronoun is, not the demographics he caters to.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

Fuckin' finally. Poor timing, but fuckin' finally a thing does a thing in this fuckin' comic.
The timing is incredibly good when you consider how apt a metaphor it is for a missile strike that did practically dick-all.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

The timing is incredibly good when you consider how apt a metaphor it is for a missile strike that did practically dick-all.

Hey it probably made a few jowly conservative shitbags rock-loving-hard for long enough to achieve a floppy dry orgasm so there's a mental image for you.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

Hey it probably made a few jowly conservative shitbags rock-loving-hard for long enough to achieve a floppy dry orgasm so there's a mental image for you.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

"Tell me about the gas attacks again, L.S.W. (Long Suffering Wife!), you know it's the only thing that makes my Shuldig hard..."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pants Donkey posted:

Also the creepy insinuation of rape since she's lying there asleep.

Ducks are rapists, that we already knew.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Trump's Tomahawk"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was mildly amused by the last panel and that's a major success for this shithead.
He was only beaten by 31 years.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I can only hope that Kirschen intended Assad to look like a sociopath enjoying the gassing to make a point about how evil and detached he is and just didn't have the art to properly convey that, because the other implication is too :stare:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OldMemes posted:

I can only hope that Kirschen intended Assad to look like a sociopath enjoying the gassing to make a point about how evil and detached he is and just didn't have the art to properly convey that, because the other implication is too :stare:

"Pest control." No loving way he meant it the way you're saying.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Fulchrum posted:

...you got him to draw Scrooge's uncle Angus?

AND his father, Fergus!

(I had a thing for characters with hats. I just realized how loving weird that is).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Somfin posted:

"Pest control." No loving way he meant it the way you're saying.

What's more likely, Kirschen is a bad cartoonist or he's deliberately going out and publicly saying "gassing civilians is good :)" If they were Palestinian civilians there'd be an argument but they aren't.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr. Squishy posted:

What's more likely, Kirschen is a bad cartoonist or he's deliberately going out and publicly saying "gassing civilians is good :)" If they were Palestinian civilians there'd be an argument but they aren't.

They're Middle Eastern without being Israeli. That makes them enemies in Kirschen's book.

Remember he once mentioned how hard it is living in Israel, because of all of the noise from Israeli weapons killing Palestinians. The man has neither soul nor heart.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

He was only beaten by 31 years.

Ah yes, I remember not getting this joke as a kid

C&H was a treasure, but every once in a while Watterson would forget who his audience was

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Pulitzers are getting announced today at 3 p.m.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Well step 3 is profit.

• Locked thread