Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Captain Baal posted:

Once [Makoto] fuckin' rolls over motherfuckers with her talking motorcycle Persona she should never leave anyone's team

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol that's also fair, I do love the poo poo out of her amazing persona

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
makotowns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

You should seriously wait yeah, there is some nasty stuff out there
this is mean to say about the mc x goro art

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

this is mean to say about the mc x goro art

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

Lol that's also fair, I do love the poo poo out of her amazing persona

they got really cool with persona styles this game, easily the best designs.

Shadows too, though I'm only 2 in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually had to get rid of Makoto's physical skills because she learns too much good poo poo.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Cops and teenagers are enemies. A teenager working for the police is basically a double cop

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Interesting. Guts was both my first stat to hit 4 and my very last to hit 5. I think I might be able to get nearly every S.Link to max if I'm lucky...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sexpig by night posted:

they got really cool with persona styles this game, easily the best designs.

Shadows too, though I'm only 2 in.

Most of the evolved persona don't look too amazing is the unfortunate trade off, but Ann and Morgana's do look p cool. Most of the initial designs are very strong though, so it's hard to compete.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's the only fanart you need:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sweet, I finally leveled Charm to 4! Now I can finally date Makoto!

:smith:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Cops and teenagers are enemies. A teenager working for the police is basically a double cop
Goro is just taking the phrase "undercover cop" to a new level

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Infinity Gaia posted:

Interesting. Guts was both my first stat to hit 4 and my very last to hit 5. I think I might be able to get nearly every S.Link to max if I'm lucky...

i keep raising guts because i think its the only stat to gate two social links? seems like the wisest one to dump time into asap.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

i keep raising guts because i think its the only stat to gate two social links? seems like the wisest one to dump time into asap.
kindness

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What requires Rank 5 Guts? It's the only thing I haven't maxed out.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

ah, very good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope that I don't accidentally max every social link because I want an incentive to play this game again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

What requires Rank 5 Guts? It's the only thing I haven't maxed out.

Hanged Man once you get past 7

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

kindness

do you mean in that it gates completion or starting? i know you need 3 and 4 to start two links respectively, but i think im only missing two or three links total at this point.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

do you mean in that it gates completion or starting?

It gates starting for a character and gates completion on another.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

do you mean in that it gates completion or starting?
you need kindness 2 to start ann's s. link and kindness 4 to start futaba's. kindness 2 is easy to get for ann but you could say the same thing about guts 2 for tae.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

you need kindness 2 to start ann's s. link and kindness 4 to start futaba's

oh i hardly noticed it for ann because i had 2 kindness by the time i started down her link lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

you need kindness 2 to start ann's s. link and kindness 4 to start futaba's. kindness 2 is easy to get for ann but you could say the same thing about guts 2 for tae.

you need 3 guts for the person you make phone calls to and 4 for the gun dude i thought

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh yeah i forgot sadayo needed guts too. i guess 3 s. links are gated by guts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need 3 for Temperance, 4 to start Hanged Man and 5 to complete it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so yeah point being rushing guts seems wise.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd say guts and kindness are good to get plenty of first then knowledge, charm, and proficiency.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Arist posted:

does she get mediarahan

its something like her second to last skill so mona still ends up being a better healer for most of the game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

I'm not sure about the specifics, but I support this line of thinking.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And that's all my stats maxed with well over a month left to go in the game, awesome.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

zero social skill in delicacy, my kind of girl

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

it's kind of interesting how in p3 and p4 you got the all-rounder party members extremely early and the late joiners were the ones with bizarrely specific niches, in p5 the last three party members to join you are all kind of all-rounders. and also in p3 and p4 the all-rounders kinda sucked (tho yosuke is at least Dekaja King for the early-midgame) but in p5 they're bonkers good.

I mean, Yosuke never really becomes BAD in P4, certainly not like Chie, who basically sucks for the whole midpoint, before becoming The Best by the end.

P4 actually feels really distinct in how you can build your party. I beat the game with two totally different party alignments and the battles definitely flow differently to justify.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I was a giant dumbass and didn't take the "I'm a dad" dialogue option, can anyone summarize the results or better yet find a clip

:negative:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I was a giant dumbass and didn't take the "I'm a dad" dialogue option, can anyone summarize the results or better yet find a clip

:negative:

It's a whole one line. She says something like "Oh, yet your skin is so soft!" and then it rolls right into the meat of the encounter.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Persona 4 felt kinda weird in the higher difficulty of some of its bosses. Maybe I sucked at it but in the fight against Shadow Mitsuo the whole thing felt like basically "Don't have Black Frost? come back when you do".

I haven't run across anything like that yet in P5 and I'm glad the game is easier overall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seNMCgcc0Kw

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The "gently caress the police and all authority" tone of this game is resonating so hard with me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if the motorbike persona stops being a motorbike, gently caress maxing that user's confidant.

same for ryuji's pirate boat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

its something like her second to last skill so mona still ends up being a better healer for most of the game.

Imo Mediarama is enough to keep a party floating very near max HP anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Haven't read this thread much.

Am I wrong in assuming that the June rainy season is a good time to abandon s-links in favour of upping stats (that allow me to get more s-links) such as trying to attain knowledge or guts for (super mild un spoiler spoiler) guts 4 or whatever for the airsoft gun shop guy