Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Picked up OK's BSB on a 1/11 pull. That is definitely something I can live with.
I was using Sazh's BSB for boosts+breakdowns, I'm a little sad he's going to firmly get the bench. I liked the dance with the maracas animation!

As someone who owns Sazh's two SSBs, Sazh plays real nice with OK BSB. Having the redundant 610 on that BSB might seem less optimal than if you had Choco-Chick or Godsend to play with, but the Powerchain 2 and the stacking breaks keep him relevant. There's no need to bench him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Picked up OK's BSB on a 1/11 pull. That is definitely something I can live with.
I was using Sazh's BSB for boosts+breakdowns, I'm a little sad he's going to firmly get the bench. I liked the dance with the maracas animation!

I specifically don't want OK BSB for this reason; I love Sazh's BSB. I shoehorn it into as many teams as I can, since it is ranged, buff, and breakdowns. He is getting his MC3 in a few weeks!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I was really hoping for Onion Knight's BSB or one of the other top prizes. No dice but at least this early in the game, everything is probably useful somewhere.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ripley posted:

I was really hoping for Onion Knight's BSB or one of the other top prizes. No dice but at least this early in the game, everything is probably useful somewhere.

At least you got some holy poo poo.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ripley posted:

Don't let it fool you: Basch BSB is absolutely one of the top prizes. It does real good damage on CMD1 if you've got an imperil to pair with it, plus combining the CMD2 with Gaia Cross means you get Tauntaliate without losing DPS to non-attacking moves.

Minfilia's SSB is a shout-level boostga, too, so it's solid as a rock.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Other new VI relic videos are up.

Cyan teleports (or jumps) behind U(maro) and unsheathes his katana for his USB.
Gogo busts out the ol' Punishing (X-)Meteor and does Mimic stuff for his BSB.
Gogo takes the enemy team on a trip inside the Zone Eater for his SSB.
Gau unleashes the Veldt on the enemies for his BSB.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My alt account pulled Alph's BSB out of the lucky draw, which sets up two good teams now.

Physical:
Gaffgarion, Minfilia, Refia and Relm with BSBs, Ramza with shout (what I've pretty much always been going with)

Mage:
Krile, Alph BSBs, Terra and Vivi OSBs.

I don't have a faithga for a mage team unfortunately but still.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I got Basch and Balthier's BSBs, which is nice because my ff12 synergy is awful, maybe my worst realm besides I. I don't think Balthier is going to see a lot of use, sadly, but Basch reminds me of Cid's BSB, only for holy instead of Wind. One of my longer-term goals now is to get a reliable source of imperil holy.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Don't let it fool you: Basch BSB is absolutely one of the top prizes. It does real good damage on CMD1 if you've got an imperil to pair with it, plus combining the CMD2 with Gaia Cross means you get Tauntaliate without losing DPS to non-attacking moves.

Minfilia's SSB is a shout-level boostga, too, so it's solid as a rock.

Good to know, thanks - I don't have anything for Imperil Holy yet but I'll be very happy if/when I do.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ripley posted:

Good to know, thanks - I don't have anything for Imperil Holy yet but I'll be very happy if/when I do.

It also utterly eviscerates anything naturally weak to Holy; five hits on a weakness is nothing to sneeze at, especially for free. It's just that the Imperil lets you do that fifth hit on anything neutral, too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
3/11 on the lucky draw:

Holy Lance(XII)
Stoneblade(XII)
Elder Staff(III)

I have Ashe's SB, SSB, and OSB now but not her BSB. Basch's BSB looks fun and good but not enough to take Orlandu or Refia's spots for boss murder. Don't have any sources of imperil holy either.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I got Balthier's Gatling Gun burst and Fran Pinpoint super.

Pinpoint sounds terrible but Gatling Gun might be okay? Not terribly upset with this result as they are my first ranged 5* weapons and the "melee attacks won't reach" clause is pretty lovely for my teams.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I got Balthier's Gatling Gun burst and Fran Pinpoint super.

Pinpoint sounds terrible but Gatling Gun might be okay? Not terribly upset with this result as they are my first ranged 5* weapons and the "melee attacks won't reach" clause is pretty lovely for my teams.

Gatling Gun is considered a pretty bad Burst all things considered, but it'll still do the job against things weak to Fire.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gatling Gun is great against things vulnerable to the statuses it inflicts. It's just, you know. Inflicting statuses on bosses. :laffo:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I want my mythril back! Oh the joys of gambling.

In other news I'm done clearing the orbfests and only 150 stamina off from having the final two daily dungeon fights mastered.

After that I was thinking it would be a good time to try some harder content. Which of the nightmare dungeons are a good starting point?

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I want my mythril back! Oh the joys of gambling.

In other news I'm done clearing the orbfests and only 150 stamina off from having the final two daily dungeon fights mastered.

After that I was thinking it would be a good time to try some harder content. Which of the nightmare dungeons are a good starting point?

Generally speaking the earlier ones on the clock are easier, and the physical ones are probably easier than the magic ones because you need to get good hones on, say, white magic or summons.
Start with Crushdown, if I remember correctly you can use draw fire-retaliate on most of the sub-bosses, Demon Wall's gimmick isn't too hard to figure out, and he's meant to be fought by a party with year-old relics, at level 80.

edit: the first one I beat was Northern Cross, and I had to slog through the Tonberries with Tidus' hastega+ether unique SB, it took like two hours, and I nearly uninstalled the game when I was done. Don't start with Northern Cross.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 10, 2017

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
For those older players who have Reno BSB but don't know how to slot it in, consider running it with Gathering Storm (TG Cid final RM), or using a TG Cid OSB RW.

With the RM, you can lifesiphon 3 times, pop his BSB, and use cmd 1 six times, and recast before the TG mode runs out. By which stage, your cmd 1 will be doing seven hits for the first round, and eight every round thereafter.

Paired with shout and +lightning armour, I was hitting WoFF odin for 56,000 hp per round.

If you used a +damage RM and gained TG might from a RW, I feel it would be entirely possible to hit at least 70k per round vs weakness. It's still not on par with raines, and takes some fiddling, but it has serious dps potential :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Very interesting. I might take it for a spin when torments come back.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Balthier's OSB/11 :confuoot:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The game needs to add Estinien from FFXIV so I can make a gimmick team of Dragoons.

Ricard
Kain
Estinien
Core Dragoon*
I dunno some healer loser.

* There are "better" dragoons, yeah, but none of them wear the signature armor, and thus are losers.

I dunno why they don't give us Faris' awesome red dragoon costume instead of another girly dress to go along with Celes at the opera and Yuna at her wedding.

Who wanted all these?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

4/11 - Gabranth BSB, Thancred BSB, Larsa Hastega/Medica and dupe Ashe SSB. Not a bad pull. Like mentioned earlier, Thancred's is good if you can get the boss to lay off, and it's my second Fire imperil which will go nicely with my other fire relics (Refia BSB/Locke BSB/Seph OSB/Terra OSB/Balthier BSB/Vivi BSB).

Also just realized I have Bartz OSB that I never learned from the fest, oops.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I realized that I actually have Vaan's OSB. But I hate him with the force of a million exploding suns so I've ignored it thus far.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I dunno why they don't give us Faris' awesome red dragoon costume instead of another girly dress to go along with Celes at the opera and Yuna at her wedding.

Who wanted all these?

It'd be real weird if we got Faris's dragoon outfit since she can't use any dragoon abilities in FFRK.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Geocities Homepage King posted:

It'd be real weird if we got Faris's dragoon outfit since she can't use any dragoon abilities in FFRK.

Counterpoint: it'd be interesting to look at and nifty.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Just tack that onto the dress sphere! That's what they did in FFX-2! I don't care! I wanna be fabulous red dragoon in heels!

But yeah, it is kind of annoying how the characters from job system games are just given some function that doesn't always jive with what the player may have done. I mean, why would I bother making Faris my dancer when I can have flamenco Butz?

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Totally wiffed with 2/11 arc's robe which i combined for another 6 * copy of it, and daesch's imperil lightning sword.

Nothing I needed but I guess if I ever level him I can pair it with fran's lightning imperil and stack them.

I guess I should level Arc one day too but I already have some of the best medica bsbs and ssbs in the game between Eiko Vanille and Rosa...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Randabis posted:

Totally wiffed with 2/11 arc's robe which i combined for another 6 * copy of it, and daesch's imperil lightning sword.

Nothing I needed but I guess if I ever level him I can pair it with fran's lightning imperil and stack them.

I guess I should level Arc one day too but I already have some of the best medica bsbs and ssbs in the game between Eiko Vanille and Rosa...

Yeah I'm considering a pull on that upcoming III banner, but as I see the looming presence of Arc's robe, I'm not sure I want to add to the 5 or 6 copies I've already gotten.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I have a question about element boosting gear. I have several OSB swords that have a boatload of ATK. None of which give element boosts outside their native realms. For example I have Orlandeau's OSB. It has 171 ATK. Let's say I wanted to use Lightning in an FF5 dungeon or something. Is there a reason I would give her Delita's sword that boosts lightning but only has 138 ATK?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have a question about element boosting gear. I have several OSB swords that have a boatload of ATK. None of which give element boosts outside their native realms. For example I have Orlandeau's OSB. It has 171 ATK. Let's say I wanted to use Lightning in an FF5 dungeon or something. Is there a reason I would give her Delita's sword that boosts lightning but only has 138 ATK?

Elemental boosts account for a rough 40 ATK bump below the attack soft cap, so using the 138 attack Coral Blade with a lightning skill would be about on par damagewise to the 171 attack Saintly Excalibur - not noticeably better but not worse, either.

That's only if you're below the ATK soft-cap, though. If you're above it (say you're running Shout and an ATK/MAG buff together) then the +Lightning sword will boost damage significantly more than the modest bump in attack since boosting Attack over 700something will have diminishing returns, but elemental boosts will always be a flat +20% to damage output.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 10, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

element-boosting equipment is real good.

if you're not hitting the softcap, just bring more buffs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright thanks. I guess this is my next level up the game. I usually optimize and adjust abilities/SBs/RMs and leave the equipment alone unless I need special accessories or something.

Also, why do these things say "small" boost to element if it's 20%? That's inconsistent with the RM version of "small" which is like 10%. I've been reading about element boosting gear in this thread forever and never knew why everyone says it's so good.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also, why do these things say "small" boost to element if it's 20%? That's inconsistent with the RM version of "small" which is like 10%.

Because DeNA is bad at transparency (as many gacha developers are). Translation may or may not also be an issue.

Rest assured that all elemental boosts on equipment are +20%, are unaffected by synergy, and are all ranked as "small". RMs are a bit trickier and it's easier to just rank them by when you can get them. For elements, Lv 50 RMs are +10%, Lv 65 RMs are +20%, Lv 99 RMs are +30%.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thought those were the numbers for only weapon rm's? Don't elemental rm's do more?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Just tack that onto the dress sphere! That's what they did in FFX-2! I don't care! I wanna be fabulous red dragoon in heels!

But yeah, it is kind of annoying how the characters from job system games are just given some function that doesn't always jive with what the player may have done. I mean, why would I bother making Faris my dancer when I can have flamenco Butz?

I'm just glad they managed to get it right with Refia and make her a Monk rather than a White Mage. That roles fits sweet lad Arc so much better.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thought those were the numbers for only weapon rm's? Don't elemental rm's do more?

I can't peek at Enlir right now to double check, but if they do, it's only a +10% bump all around on the RMs, 20/30/40.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thats what I thought they were, yes. Pretty sure Cecils rm3 is a nice 40% boost to holy damage.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
40% is top boost only for physical job boosts
30% is top boost for elemental and magic jobs and weapons i think

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Belatedly, I went 3/11 on the realm lucky banner.

Luneth's BSB, Papalymo's Enochian Blizzaja SSB and Yda's SSB.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
4/11 on the lucky draw; Fran BSB, Balthier EnFire SSB, and dupe OK and Alphinaud BSB's. Overall not bad.

Should I combine any of my dupes or leave them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i got +10 MAG to papalymo +10 ATK to Vaan and +10 ATK to basch seeing as how the SBs themselves are either bad or overshadowed by what they already use

• Locked thread