Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://gfycat.com/DazzlingAccomplishedKudu

You know, how in doom when you hold fire for too long, the doomguy at the bottom gets a sort of grind? Is star citizen a doom demake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

This is the only game for which that wouldn't be instantly understood as a de facto permaban.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
My ten year ban came from "insinuating that Chris was dishonest"

This was months ago about 2.7/3.0 not coming out this year and chris knew it. Was my 3rd strike for 'FUD spreading'. Apparently 100% true statements can be considered FUD as well and my 1st and 2nd strikes attested.

Major Tom got a 10 year ban for making youtube videos.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Polish Avenger posted:

This is the only game for which that wouldn't be instantly understood as a de facto permaban.

Well a game like star citizen will be out at least 10 years like WOW so really by the time 2026 rolls around SC will be peaking.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
If you guys can't handle Open Development, you should take a break from following SC. Go play something else and return late 2016 2017 2018 when the patcher and female models will be fully polished.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Wow, its like he's in a well and keeps digging. That reminds me of something.

I've been trying to tell him he should get a refund. But he just isn't having it.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Truga posted:

https://gfycat.com/DazzlingAccomplishedKudu

You know, how in doom when you hold fire for too long, the doomguy at the bottom gets a sort of grind? Is star citizen a doom demake?

Besides the really terrible facial animations, the muzzle flash isn't actually casting any light on the players face. Fidelity

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

My ten year ban came from "insinuating that Chris was dishonest"

This was months ago about 2.7/3.0 not coming out this year and chris knew it. Was my 3rd strike for 'FUD spreading'. Apparently 100% true statements can be considered FUD as well and my 1st and 2nd strikes attested.

Major Tom got a 10 year ban for making youtube videos.

They just tried that with me too. First time I have posted since I got my starter package a couple years ago and all of a sudden I'm getting the banhammer beatdown. Those guys are a little punchy.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Nicholas posted:

Besides the really terrible facial animations, the muzzle flash isn't actually casting any light on the players face. Fidelity

Also his chin is clipping through the helmet.

and how in the hell is he supposed to see the HUD at the bottom of his visor

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 10, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Nicholas posted:

Also his chin is clipping through the helmet.

and how in the hell is he supposed to see the HUD at the bottom of his visor

You noticed that too huh?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

That guy is going to give himself a stroke soon. Pretty sure he is running out of things to cram into his Explainaway 2000.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nicholas posted:

I figured it out, he isn't shooting, the trigger acts as scroller for the SC forums.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Does this guy ever post about Star Citizen, or just Derek?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Dooguk posted:

Does this guy ever post about Star Citizen, or just Derek?

So far it looks like he is all about some Derek. The poor soul seems to have lost his way and forgot that it was Star Citizen which has united them in their comradery .

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

Could someone what cryengine knowhow please explain what just happened? Lol.

Hilarious quick fix after hilarious quick fix and you get:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Had to look up "Baghdad Bob" to see what he was wittering on about. Same person was known as "Comical Ali" in the UK, because that's actually a joke as opposed to just getting his name wrong.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

DapperDon posted:

They just tried that with me too. First time I have posted since I got my starter package a couple years ago and all of a sudden I'm getting the banhammer beatdown. Those guys are a little punchy.

Dude, that mod just let slip that you had a black mark on you and to ban you if you did anything. It also goes to show they are probably marking off anyone with an RSI account who also posts here. I wonder if it is old info from when they used to examine every post here.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Guys, I was just thinking...what if Star Citizen never comes out?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Meridian posted:

is this css evergreen?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Meridian posted:

HOW DARE YOU ?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Zzr posted:

HOW DARE YOU ?

Woah, woah, woah. I'm not a dirty goddamn leaver or anything.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Meridian posted:

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! MODS!!!!!!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Dude, that mod just let slip that you had a black mark on you and to ban you if you did anything. It also goes to show they are probably marking off anyone with an RSI account who also posts here. I wonder if it is old info from when they used to examine every post here.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting to see there were notes on an account that I have never posted in. Also that their mods are not completely honest with each other.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Meridian posted:

Star Citizen will live forever in the dreams and credit card bills of the backers.

Actual retail release is unnecessary as they've already gotten their money's worth by sticking it to those terrible publishers.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Isn't there a freedom of information act or something like that , where you can request all files and notes a company maintains for you as a person ?

Goons should file with cig to see what the notes say on all their accounts , at the least could be a hilarious few pages worth of content

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Meridian posted:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Just a little space joke there for you all.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Isn't there a freedom of information act or something like that , where you can request all files and notes a company maintains for you as a person ?

Goons should file with cig to see what the notes say on all their accounts , at the least could be a hilarious few pages worth of content

Sorry friend, but that only works with Government files. Now, there is nothing to stop a FOIA request to the NSA datacenter that totally doesn't archive everything though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Sorry friend, but that only works with Government files. Now, there is nothing to stop a FOIA request to the NSA datacenter that totally doesn't archive everything though.

I was just browsing Wikipedia and it said companies that maintain records on specidic people have to allow them to be reviewed by that person periodically for accuracy

Don't give up dapperdon

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

I was just browsing Wikipedia and it said companies that maintain records on specidic people have to allow them to be reviewed by that person periodically for accuracy

Don't give up dapperdon

hmmm. I wonder how or what the procedure to do that with CIG would be.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

this guy really exists on planet earth

Imagine having the mental capacity to post about something so dumb, about the guy who is completely irrelevant, to fight the people making fun of the video game, that doesn't need defending because it is the greatest video game of all time

obey-the-fist doesn't even post anything about star citizen, his post history is exclusive to derek smart, but please continue to tell us how unimportant derek smart and we all are

also obey-the-fist maybe you should :justpost: instead of screaming at the 4 other people in r/ds how terrible it is over here; I mean clearly you are infatuated with what goons are doing and saying, and have "disposable income" as you bought spacepegs, so what's another 10bux?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

nawledgelambo posted:

this guy really exists on planet earth

Imagine having the mental capacity to post about something so dumb, about the guy who is completely irrelevant, to fight the people making fun of the video game, that doesn't need defending because it is the greatest video game of all time

obey-the-fist doesn't even post anything about star citizen, his post history is exclusive to derek smart, but please continue to tell us how unimportant derek smart and we all are

also obey-the-fist maybe you should :justpost: instead of screaming at the 4 other people in r/ds how terrible it is over here; I mean clearly you are infatuated with what goons are doing and saying, and have "disposable income" as you bought spacepegs, so what's another 10bux?

He couldn't be Roberts, could he?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

hmmm. I wonder how or what the procedure to do that with CIG would be.

Just email their customer service and ask to see any and all records maintained in regards to you

Will be interesting to see their reply

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Just email their customer service and ask to see any and all records maintained in regards to you

Will be interesting to see their reply

I see myself writing that later on today. Thanks for the assist.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Every day I wake up hoping Star Citizen died overnight and every day I am disappointed.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goobs posted:

Every day I wake up hoping Star Citizen died overnight and every day I am disappointed.

It died a long time ago, friend.

Think Weekend at Bernie's.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

imagine waking up and being obey-the-fist

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

his nibs posted:

waking up and being obey-the-fist
Sounds like a confused Indian man talking about wanking.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Goobs posted:

The fallout from the spectrum switchover will be close enough, since the RSI forums are the real Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

e: please excuse my typos

biglads fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 10, 2017