Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Ok I can be done with crime spree now.

Actual content: Apparently someone on Reddit has broken 1000. Says that they used Flamethrower and HE Shells and you just stagger and stun things and don't even kill the enemies, just rush the objective.
EDIT: http://pd2tools.com/l/1191b57e9222180d1405470c71e1752a This is the build they say they used.

Lyrai fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Nasty recurring crash going around. For anyone suffering repeated crashes, this might be helpful.

Also, ridiculously, Mayhem Heat Street seems more difficult than DW Heat Street. We failed because there were 50 cops in the map when the assault banner on Wolfhud said Fade, which is stupid and ridiculous.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

Nasty recurring crash going around. For anyone suffering repeated crashes, this might be helpful.

Also, ridiculously, Mayhem Heat Street seems more difficult than DW Heat Street. We failed because there were 50 cops in the map when the assault banner on Wolfhud said Fade, which is stupid and ridiculous.
Thank you for posting this, I had to remove all of my mods to play because I was crashing so frequently.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

OVERKILL_Jules;135513901701278252 posted:

Hi,

So went through the suggestions. Picked up a couple of my favorites.

Overemployment:
Assaults last an additional 10% longer
Cloaker Toxin: When downed cloakers will drop a tear gas grenade, only shows at a much later crimespree around 150 maybe

Phalanx rush:
Shields use wider shields (Captain shields)

Sniper Rush:
Snipers can now spawn on the field.
Sacrifice: 10% chance for Medics to heal all law enforcers within a 7m radius upon death.

ZAP:
Chance for tasers to electrify nearby heisters on death for a short duration.

Bullzerker:
All bulldozers get a movement speed and damage buff when their face is exposed.
Heavy Artillery: Now when Bulldozers break your armor by shooting you, any excess damage will carry over to your health.

D.O.O.M Tactics:
Cops no longer have to reload their weapons. (does not include SWAT van turrets)
Cease To Feel Pain: Attacking unalerted guards no longer results in a 100% chance to kill them, but it does deal 2x more damage than normal.

Then some suggestions are just pure evil or genius… not sure.
What Keter, i don't see any ♥♥♥♥ing Keter:
There is a super heavy loot bag hidden somewhere on the map.
It is worth nothing. If a player looks directly at it, it has to be saved.

I also like to mention two elements we are trying to avoid in mutators:
  • Mutators that enforce the player to obtain something to counter it. Like how a “players take explosion damage every 5 second” would force you to take the gage boost that cancel explosion damage.
  • Mutators that take away or cancel player abilities. Like how a “player cannot use medic bag” would make the medic bag completely useless to the player.

:bang:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"Uncounterable stun AoE", "Effect that requires ICTV, Swan Song or Inspire Ace to help people", "Everyone's #1 failed The Diamond stealth bonus" and "Make light armour useless, again" are pure gold.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What would you suggest for additional modifiers Vox? Not a snarky question, I'm serious. I'm surprised you haven't already dropped a bunch of ideas.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

What would you suggest for additional modifiers Vox? Not a snarky question, I'm serious. I'm surprised you haven't already dropped a bunch of ideas.

I have, I created a thread that got copied to make the official suggestion thread. Here's what I wrote (bear in mind these would replace the stat boost modifiers at the top end of the current list, so they're meant to be very nasty)

Loud
  • Undercover Enforcers - police and criminal NPCs will no longer fight each other.
  • Overdozers - LMG dozers are replaced by bulldozers carrying miniguns.
  • Inspired Medicine - Enemies healed by Medics have a temporary damage resistance of 75%.
  • Universal Healthcare - When medics heal an enemy, they also heal all other enemies in a 5m radius around themselves.
  • Taser Supercharge - Tasers incapacitate players in half the normal time. Alternately, tasers cause player view to swing more wildly.
  • Crack Shot Snipers - Snipers no longer use lasers, and instead apply a tracer effect to their shots (like in the April Fools ricochet system).
  • Difficult Negotiation - All hostage trades take an additional minute.
  • One Down Less - Players can go down one time less before entering custody.
  • Additional Cloaker - One more cloaker can be on the map at a time.
  • Team Bully - Dozers can spawn in a group of four.
  • Team Ninja - Cloakers can spawn in a group of three.
  • Field Clinic - Medics can spawn in a group of four.
  • Shield Athletics - Shields always run.
  • Shock Protectors - Tasers have a 20% chance to spawn carrying a shield.
  • General Winter - Captain Winters immediately hits peak effect when he reaches his command position.
  • Vivinite Lining - Captain Winters and his team are immune to explosive damage.
  • Cruel and Usual - Cloakers can kick the last player standing.
  • Crack Bang - Green Dozers now carry an RPG.

and some more humorous ones, to create space in the difficulty increase:

Dozer Senpai - Dozers may spawn with the Kawaii Dozer faceplate.
Xmas in July - Cloakers may be Santa Cloakers.

Stealth
  • Low Carb Donuts - Guards and beat police have triple health.
  • Criminal Instinct - Guards and beat police have their normal health, even when they have not detected criminals.
  • Neighborhood Watch - Civilians will be alerted by loot bags.
  • Lens Cleaner - Cameras have an increased detection range for heisters.
  • Bobblehead Bomb - civilians that die in stealth will emit an explosion.
  • Titan Tumblers - All locks take 25% longer to pick.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 10, 2017

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
That superheavy bag idea is hilarious and would actually make a really good mutator. Just never force me to take it.

Some of those are also really good, surprisingly. I really like the Bullzerker and Overemployment ideas, both of which would probably be easy picks for low crime sprees.

e. Oh jesus, that Christmas in July would be awful. I can never hear the jingling of those cloakers over the gunfire.

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 10, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Bobblehead Bomb is sick nasty

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Just got a notification that Jules is streaming something now.
I would go but I'm sure I would get kicked within the first 3 seconds.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
So it looks like the Team AI bots are getting an upgrade.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sticking teamwide boosts onto the bots sounds really dumb.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
It's super petty of me but I actually laughed at the new Legendary skin being for the Bruber Kurz.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

TheObserver posted:

So it looks like the Team AI bots are getting an upgrade.

Interested in this. Would be good if they could at least carry bags autonomously.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gort posted:

Interested in this. Would be good if they could at least carry bags autonomously.
Is throwing a bag directly into Hoxtonbot's spine not good enough?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

maswastaken posted:

Is throwing a bag directly into Hoxtonbot's spine not good enough?

Well, no

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
There's an open beta if you want to see the dev's original vision. Meanwhile on the Steam forums, you have people complaining that this will be the end of four-player games, due to hosts wanting at least one bot on their team. It's amusing, at least.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
AI CAN USE INSPIRE NOW?!

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Hopefully that will work when you're stealthing a mission and accidentally fall off a building.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

TheObserver posted:

Hopefully that will work when you're stealthing a mission and accidentally fall off a building.

Or miss the ladder to the sewers in Shadow Raid.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Holy poo poo, bots are now 100% officially better than pubbies. There's no way they can go through with this, right? Three bots running around with rocket launchers, who have Inspire, who increase my ammo pickup and nearly double my interact speed? There's no possible way they can be serious about this.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

Holy poo poo, bots are now 100% officially better than pubbies. There's no way they can go through with this, right? Three bots running around with rocket launchers, who have Inspire, who increase my ammo pickup and nearly double my interact speed? There's no possible way they can be serious about this.

Vox, you must now work in challenges involving super bot teams and one player.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TheObserver posted:

There's an open beta if you want to see the dev's original vision. Meanwhile on the Steam forums, you have people complaining that this will be the end of four-player games, due to hosts wanting at least one bot on their team. It's amusing, at least.

I wouldn't say original vision. Sure, it's great to have 3 bots now but I doubt they originally planned to give them special abilities.

Tempest_56 posted:

Not quite. I'll post a lengthier write-up of my trip report with the bots, but they're still pretty stupid. They can't use rocket launchers and inspire comes with a pretty lengthy cooldown.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I only played a couple of offline heists and they seemed positively suicidal.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Between this and the Better Bots mod I think the pubstove might be ready for retirement.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Why, why why why whyyyyyy

at this rate we're going to be paying continental coins during heists to get up an extra time, or for infusions of Rage Mode

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 10, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Positives:
Bots move faster, they seem more resilient and harder to interrupt when doing manual revives. Inspire comes with a pretty long cooldown (even with 3 bots), and it's already an existing player ability so it doesn't feel OP.
Bot pathing seems to be improved, but I only tested it on one map (Golden Grin).
Not sure how they calculate bot damage now but they seem better at holding their own, at least on Deathwish. It's not going to be comparable to a player with a properly kitted gun and skill build, but I'll let it pass since bots have infinite ammo.

Negatives:
Bots still can't do objectives. They are still pretty useless with bag carrying.
I don't think bots should grant you extra abilities like they do now. The extra move/interact/reload speed etc feels pretty powerful. Extra ammo pickup with bots also feels a bit OP; yes bots don't get deployables but pickup is a thing that should just be revised in general.

Overall I don't think they will replace human players at all, but I do think they should reconsider some of those bot boosts, unless they are the same boosts that were planned as player boosts from Infamy 3.0. I didn't try it on a map with SWAT turrets yet, but if they haven't fixed the stunlocking issue, then bots are still a liability on maps where those will spawn.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Positives:
Bots move faster, they seem more resilient and harder to interrupt when doing manual revives. Inspire comes with a pretty long cooldown (even with 3 bots), and it's already an existing player ability so it doesn't feel OP.
Bot pathing seems to be improved, but I only tested it on one map (Golden Grin).
Not sure how they calculate bot damage now but they seem better at holding their own, at least on Deathwish. It's not going to be comparable to a player with a properly kitted gun and skill build, but I'll let it pass since bots have infinite ammo.

Negatives:
Bots still can't do objectives. They are still pretty useless with bag carrying.
I don't think bots should grant you extra abilities like they do now. The extra move/interact/reload speed etc feels pretty powerful. Extra ammo pickup with bots also feels a bit OP; yes bots don't get deployables but pickup is a thing that should just be revised in general.

Overall I don't think they will replace human players at all, but I do think they should reconsider some of those bot boosts, unless they are the same boosts that were planned as player boosts from Infamy 3.0. I didn't try it on a map with SWAT turrets yet, but if they haven't fixed the stunlocking issue, then bots are still a liability on maps where those will spawn.

Yeah, after running two test heists with the new bots that seems about right. The boosts you get are probably more valuable than anything the bots actually bring - the +90% interact speed is positively nuts, and being able to grab +5% dodge/health regen/throwable regain is probably the most unbalanced part of this.

Additional: Bots can't use akimbos or special weapons (the lack of flamethrower Jacket saddens me). They also seem to ignore weapon quirks - DB shotgun rounds didn't set things on fire, a Thanatos-equipped bot couldn't seem to shoot through a shield, the Little Friend didn't fire grenades, etc.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 11, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not sure what they were thinking with those boosts. Inspire is by far the least overpowered thing bots can bring.

Also it definitely feels like bots count as humans now for the purposes of cop spawns.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I guess just testing out the insanity of 3.0 infamy while trying to figure out what the gently caress to do with bots. I wonder if they'll let you customize Joker Cops one day.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
If the beta is working on pathing it might have broken the police. Had a safe house raid I did solo with bots, and I ended up with half the wave standing in the parking lot by the windows going HURRHURR HURR

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kammat posted:

If the beta is working on pathing it might have broken the police. Had a safe house raid I did solo with bots, and I ended up with half the wave standing in the parking lot by the windows going HURRHURR HURR

Nah, that's been for a while. I've had it happen 2-3 times prior to today's update/the beta. Sometimes cops are just extra-dumb.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGB9T4QYB0

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Nah, that's been for a while. I've had it happen 2-3 times prior to today's update/the beta. Sometimes cops are just extra-dumb.
Too many cops, not enough cop logic to go around.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

They are removing the effect that reduces the number of police proportionately to the number of players. That's also what's causing the AI problems.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Oh, right. This event has a new melee weapon that you can only get through redeemable codes given out on social media. There is a very fine line between developers who don't natively speak English making mistakes and same developers constantly trolling us all:

Useless as it may be, this should've been the John Wick Heists melee :colbert:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
How the gently caress does a pencil have less than perfect concealment?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh wait. The bots can give you a 5% dodge boost? Does it stack? Can 3 bots give you up to 15 dodge?
How is this even remotely balanced?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

They are removing the effect that reduces the number of police proportionately to the number of players. That's also what's causing the AI problems.

They're going to do that but not touch anything else regarding difficulty? :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Throw more cops at 'em! The more cops, the more shooting; the more shooting, the more running around; the more running around, the more dodging - and thus, the more perceived balance.

What, sniping? That's what the cops are supposed to do, silly! By the way, we've reworked the damage to scale up by the number of cops you kill.

Edit: Oh, I can't keep this up any longer - I love going toe-to-toe with large waves of cops, and the addition of another AI heister really helps scratch that itch. I only wish they would allow Winters to show up in offline mode!

Discendo, do you have any of the temperature of that being implemented at some point in the future? Thanks.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 11, 2017