Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Are we certain they didn't up the drop rate of 5*s? It seems like over a dozen people in this thread alone have pulled multiples in the past few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Skyridge posted:

Are we certain they didn't up the drop rate of 5*s? It seems like over a dozen people in this thread alone have pulled multiples in the past few weeks.

Only the 'no troll crystals' change, which has encouraged more pulling. Plus: Orlandeau, which made everyone blow their year-long accumulation of Lapis and tickets.

Also: people love to bitch, but they REALLY love to brag in Gacha games. So we are selecting for lucky picks.

Edit: Perspective, I blew ~$120 worth of Lapis to get Orlandeau. And I got LUCKY to get him for that little.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 10, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Only the 'no troll crystals' change, which has encouraged more pulling. Plus: Orlandeau, which made everyone blow their year-long accumulation of Lapis and tickets.

Also: people love to bitch, but they REALLY love to brag in Gacha games. So we are selecting for lucky picks.

Yeah, this is true. Not everyone's gonna hop on and post every time they pull a Bedile or Sabin or an off-banner Rosa.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

let's get egging

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Arena daily is 40 lapis and 1 star quartz, daily missions is another 50. There's also rank ups with are 100 each. And yeah, there's some lapis in the coliseum if you haven't cleared it yet.

Plus another 5 from 3 coliseum matches each day and 5 from events like the 1k metal eggs. The daily lapis income from arena+quests is usually 100.

Dana Crysalis posted:

I hate this game, but giving up on this game is almost impossible, because I spent more money on it than I've ever spent on a video game. even Starcraft 2. And really, I don't hate the game, but the game certainly hates me. I don't even know what to do about it, I mean, sure, I've done obscene TM grinding and have good enough characters, but everyone's just sailing past me on less geared characters because they get the RIGHT characters.

Lightning gets some nice buffs from enhancements, though we don't have the 3* unit with a lightning element sword TM yet, which helps her even more.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Skyridge posted:

I think they upped the drop rate for me. I have played since the soft launch and had pulled 4 rainbows leading up to Orlandu's banner with only one being a base 5 which was DKC which I got while trying to whale for Noctis on his opening banner. So I was honestly about ready to quit. On day three or four of Orlandu's banner I daily pulled Orlandu. On the last day of his banner I daily pulled Queen. On day one of the Easter banner I did my daily and three tickets and got Fryevia on that third ticket. So one base 5* to four in the space of the week. Anyway brag over and I hope you all benefit from my Orlandu and eventually Fryevia whenever I turn my 11 Ingus' (Ingi?) into four letters and arms.

edit: That was sarcasm in my first line, I don't want anyone to think I really think the rates have changed. I just got super lucky after I decided to stop spending money. I have probably spent between $300 and $400 on this game with at least $200 of that on Noctis' debut banner which is when I decided to stop spending money after whaling out and only getting DKC for all my spending.

Envgard fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 10, 2017

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
It's me, I'm the counterbalance. I haven't pulled a rainbow since the Gatcha change, and have done all my dailies and several 10+1s on players choice and Orlandeau banner.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I lean so hard on my single rainbow (Noctis). I mean, I could probably get by without him, but he makes everything so much easier.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you're only gonna get one, that's a pretty all right one to get

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, for real, how do Enhancements work?

Are they available at any time, like Awakening, as long as you have the materials, or are they like time-limited Mog shop items?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Okay, for real, how do Enhancements work?

Are they available at any time, like Awakening, as long as you have the materials, or are they like time-limited Mog shop items?

My understanding is they are always available, but require specific mats and a ton of money.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
how much is considered a ton of money

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i recall its a million gil

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, 250K to a million per skill enhancement, 3 skills with 3 levels each per character (can include passives).

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
The main bottle neck from what people on reddit say are the mats not the gil. The tier 5 mats can only be gotten during events but its the tier 4 mats that are the worst. Something like ~300 energy grinding in the enhancement mat vortex for them to drop. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/63njse/gl_enhancements_what_you_need_to_know/ for better info.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I can't wait to enhance Ramza so I can buff my whale friends. What a great unit.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

MohShuvuu posted:

I can't wait to enhance Ramza so I can buff my whale friends. What a great unit.

Same! Laser-focusing on Ramza's Greatest Hits first.

Though I am curious, according to the reddit wiki the first batch of enhancements included Garland, who was 6* by that point in JP but isn't for Global yet. I'm crossing my fingers hoping they're bringing 6* Garland and WoL with this update, but who knows...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Whee, made my first macro, for farming Snow Plains. Go me!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yellow!

Mercedes! gently caress!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Man this event has been lucrative as gently caress. Got all my espers maxed out, finished leveling 5 units, have enough cactaurs to level another 2-3, made roughly 2 million gold, and have 1 Patches with another almost done, 1 vestment of mind, and if I pull Freveyia will have her TM immediately. I'm sitting on 5k each of red and blue eggs and 600 rainbow eggs. I'm waiting to see what this week brings before I craft a bunch of stuff.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Servaetes posted:

Yellow!

Mercedes! gently caress!

She's not that bad, a solid DD who brings a good TM. It helps if you have good axes though.

I haven't leveled mine because I have better.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

BDawg posted:

She's not that bad, a solid DD who brings a good TM. It helps if you have good axes though.

I haven't leveled mine because I have better.

Yeah, I'm not hurting for damage as I have Lightning, Olive and Orlandeau, but I'm wanting the omni stealing guy. Every yellow I keep getting excited and a little crestfallen every time.

I think I've mentioned it in the discord but I keep giving consideration to dumping my tickets at the end to try to get him because while he may not be terribly strong the all steal thing is really nice to have. I dumped a bunch to specifically get Ling on the lunar event and he seems like Ling seems to be the best pickup of the event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, I'm not hurting for damage as I have Lightning, Olive and Orlandeau, but I'm wanting the omni stealing guy. Every yellow I keep getting excited and a little crestfallen every time.

I think I've mentioned it in the discord but I keep giving consideration to dumping my tickets at the end to try to get him because while he may not be terribly strong the all steal thing is really nice to have. I dumped a bunch to specifically get Ling on the lunar event and he seems like Ling seems to be the best pickup of the event.

Xon is going into the summon pool so chances are you'll pull him at some point. It might take a while but take comfort in the fact that his buff steal is just a nifty version of dispel.

I haven't pulled him but I'm pretty happy because I got 4 Aldis which will make getting his TM much easier.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
For all that this event is annoying(had to get into macros because gently caress manually running all day, and building the items is beyond annoying), the items are actually really useful for me as someone who has only played for 1 month and is a dirty f2p player. The second knife, while it is just a ghetto dual wield, is still a kind of dual wield and has increased my Noctis' damage by about 80%. All of the +10% atk and +10% mag eggs are really significantly better than my other options for accessories.

I don't really understand why the black bandanas are all that great though, they only have 2 atk more than the purchase-able green berets.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Khisanth Magus posted:

For all that this event is annoying(had to get into macros because gently caress manually running all day, and building the items is beyond annoying), the items are actually really useful for me as someone who has only played for 1 month and is a dirty f2p player. The second knife, while it is just a ghetto dual wield, is still a kind of dual wield and has increased my Noctis' damage by about 80%. All of the +10% atk and +10% mag eggs are really significantly better than my other options for accessories.

I don't really understand why the black bandanas are all that great though, they only have 2 atk more than the purchase-able green berets.

It's pretty easy to get, has better stats than the Green Beret and it also comes with status immunity to Sleep.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

Yellow!

Mercedes! gently caress!

Same

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Servaetes posted:

Yellow!

Garnet! gently caress!

Fixed that one for you, good sir.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any good macros for grinding eggs?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

There are exploration macros that can be flaky depending on your computer setup. I never could get any of them working consistently, it usually glitches out on me.

Most of us have made our own macro to grind the snow plains dungeon, Beast on the Plains. Go there and practice it a few times on your emulator using the mouse until you can do it consistently each time without a friend unit. Then try to record it. Make sure your friend unit only does an attack, as you never know what you will get. You also have to leave a good 20 second pause before starting each round to account for lengthy battle animations that may change depending on who on your team is attacking and whether they get hit by the boss and counter attack.

Try it out, go slow, and test test test.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Just create one yourself.

Snow Plains - Beast on the Plains

Xon -> Waylay -> Repeat

Boss Stage

Xon -> Waylay
Chiz -> Phantom
Chiz -> Phantom
ExDeath -> Meteor 2x
ExDeath -> Meteor 2x
Friend -> Just Click

(Turn off all Effects) Click both ExDeaths quickly, Count to 5 (21,22,...), Click Xon->Chiz->Chiz->Friend quickly

Wait 1 second between moves to create a decent buffer for Connection timing

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Just running the Fire Shrine exploration macro is okay. The problem is it never depletes your energy because it takes so long that you get like 3/4 of it back by the time you finish it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks Dana for the new katana. Almost had Bushido but Shitstola died just before 30%. Oh well, to the whales go the good rewards I guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WebDO posted:

Thanks Dana for the new katana. Almost had Bushido but Shitstola died just before 30%. Oh well, to the whales go the good rewards I guess.

When the next story comes out there will be a shield that blocks the instant death Gilgamesh has, then Dana's Lightning can solo it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I moved some TMs around to juice up my buddy Xon and he can now one shot everything in the invincible interior exploration except the boss with waylay. Takes 10-15 minutes if you know the map for 15k+ eggs.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

Fixed that one for you, good sir.

I've gotten like four Garnets this week I loving swear

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I'm hoarding the tickets from the daily bundle but debating blowing them on the last day if I keep getting these loving trust moogles for Freija.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Servaetes posted:

Blue!

Duane! gently caress!

Fixed it for my own personal truth.

I am really done with doing these dumb 1/2 daily pulls. I never get much out of them. Putting it into perspective means to me that I could potentially grind eggs 2.5 more times OR I could waste NRG in the EXP dungeon.

I have yet to really get a strong 1/2 price pull. I think there are different % rates for the banners. I keep scraping bottom on the 1/2s.

(I am excluding the event a few weeks ago where I got a handful of decent units from the fluff summon event)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I'm hoarding the tickets from the daily bundle but debating blowing them on the last day if I keep getting these loving trust moogles for Freija.

I'm sitting on 12 Freija moogles taking up my very limited unit space. I will probably need to sell them to make space, probably will never get her(of course as soon as I sell them I will get her).

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Just sell 'em. Don't fall for Gumi's trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you plan to half pull try and at least make it through the banner. But yeah it's really a trap to buy more slots.

• Locked thread